• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

That inhouse was a stomp until laning phase ended. I couldn't believe it went over an hour.

I -think- your team might have been able to tank a side tower when you took mid inhib around 57 minutes in, but it looked like some indecision was going on. And then I thought you lost but you won anyway. The Graves vs. Galio fight was funny with all the lifesteal. And the crazy 4v1 Jinx thing.

inhouseviuq1.png

TBQH, 3 teammates letting Jinx drop your Cait's GA, then kill the rest of your team before Cait resurrects, then killing her again was an amazing feat of fuckery. She was legit *ignored*. lol

Blizzard

Banned
We showed you guys mercy by swapping our roles :).
We know you're a pro ADC bard, since you always brag about trollpicking ADC bard to force a dodge without you getting banned. :p

Plus you regularly play together. Having mercy would mean splitting you and Ghost between teams! You're practically mind-melded.

replay.gg only saved game 1 rip

laning: you stand way too far back from your adc considering the support you're playing. at 2:37 you waste your combo and lots of mana for no follow up, also leaving you vulnerable to a level 2 gank a few seconds later. at 3:51, you blow your combo on leona instead of headbutting Jinx away, leaving Leona in a 1v2, which costs you heal. When fiddle ganks for you, you are too far away to initiate and this allows them to walk away from the gank without any cost. 8:13, you pulverize jinx, which is correct, but instead of headbutting leona into tower, you headbutt jinx away. 10:00 you fail the pulverize, which leads to a dive which gets both of you killed due to wasting cooldowns. ~12:00 you buy SS but don't buy a sweeper, which means you can't clear vision away for ganks.

midgame/endgame: you don't position well for peel or for initiation, which leaves things awkwardly stuck in the hands of swain and fizz for starting fights. You still don't have a sweeper, making objective control much harder. You don't roam much despite your powerful ganks. often you don't take opportunities to get picks and just allow people to walk away from you despite being in range to try for a pick.

Calvero

Banned
replay.gg only saved game 1 rip

laning: you stand way too far back from your adc considering the support you're playing. at 2:37 you waste your combo and lots of mana for no follow up, also leaving you vulnerable to a level 2 gank a few seconds later. at 3:51, you blow your combo on leona instead of headbutting Jinx away, leaving Leona in a 1v2, which costs you heal. When fiddle ganks for you, you are too far away to initiate and this allows them to walk away from the gank without any cost. 8:13, you pulverize jinx, which is correct, but instead of headbutting leona into tower, you headbutt jinx away. 10:00 you fail the pulverize, which leads to a dive which gets both of you killed due to wasting cooldowns. ~12:00 you buy SS but don't buy a sweeper, which means you can't clear vision away for ganks.

midgame/endgame: you don't position well for peel or for initiation, which leaves things awkwardly stuck in the hands of swain and fizz for starting fights. You still don't have a sweeper, making objective control much harder. You don't roam much despite your powerful ganks. often you don't take opportunities to get picks and just allow people to walk away from you despite being in range to try for a pick.

thank you! are there any things that I did well or okay on?
also when peeling for my team, is it always going in on the enemy carries? and how am i supposed to position in fights.

and the sweeper thing...I gotta remember to buy it on my back

pigeon

Banned
thank you! are there any things that I did well or okay on?
also when peeling for my team, is it always going in on the enemy carries? and how am i supposed to position in fights.

and the sweeper thing...I gotta remember to buy it on my back

Peeling is using your CC or positioning tools on the bruisers diving your ADC.

Basically you can kind of think of teamfights as revolving around ADC positions, because they have the sustained DPS. ADCs want to find a place to stand where they can auto somebody safely. Tanks want to get to the ADC or other squishies and CC them so that their ADC can attack. Bruisers want to get to squishies and kill them while people aren't paying attention. Mages want to blow up bruisers and squishies when they're trying to get to the ADC. Support mages want to mash all their abilities at random while this is going on. (This is a simplification, except for the support mages part.)

As a tanky character you can either be ready to initiate -- stand in the front, go in and CC some enemies so that your team can start attacking -- or ready to peel -- stand near the back, counter an enemy initiation or dive with your CC and removal so that your team can survive and counterattack. Alistar can do either well. But you kind of have to choose to do one of them and be in the right place to do it, or you aren't doing anything.

Repgnar

Whatever happened to the 1v1? Some rumors been flying about the legitimacy of someone actually being married or just scared. I'm just a spectator so don't blame me.

TheFatOne

I love URF and wish it was a permanent game. Right now Garen is my favorite URF champ. Had a game where I build 5 infinity edges, and just melted the other team. Who are some of you guys favorite URF champs?

pigeon

Banned
I love URF and wish it was a permanent game. Right now Garen is my favorite URF champ. Had a game where I build 5 infinity edges, and just melted the other team. Who are some of you guys favorite URF champs?

Full AD URF Shen is an experience that has to be tried. Even more now that he doesn't have to jungle! Just build Rageblade and don't forget that once you get to 6 you should never walk anywhere, just use your teammates as spawn points.

faridmon

How do you build Maokia?

Like Cho where you kinda just say "Fuck it, all natural tanky .." and just build RoA and RCS or other AP+HP items or do you go the reg ol Sunfire/ SV/ IBG build?

RoA seems like it would work well with his Ult cause it's more healing from the RoA passive when you use Mana ... but when ever I rush RoA on Cho it's pretty much the focus of most of my game in the first 10-14mins.

Your priority (apart from being tank of course) is CD reduction. His CD is super long and won't be useful in teamfigts later on. Thankfully its easy

Spirit Visage for CD and extra healing for his passive
Frozen Heart for CD and Mana
Warmorg Armour for Health and Health Regen

and the rest is situational or/and how much you want to go in terms of AP or tanky.

I usually go with Rod of Ages for AP, Health and sustain.
But I do go for Guardian Angle for extra tanky.

I don't know where you got the idea of RoA being more helpful with his passive and Ult since his passive is healing and his ult is defensive mechanism. Don't rush RoA if you are the only tank in the team.

TheFatOne

Full AD URF Shen is an experience that has to be tried. Even more now that he doesn't have to jungle! Just build Rageblade and don't forget that once you get to 6 you should never walk anywhere, just use your teammates as spawn points.

Ohh damn I didn't event think of this one. Going to have to try it out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Taliyah's kit is pretty fun. Her dmg doesn't seem to be there though. Average base and scaling. I feel like pen is the most efficient way to build her.

23qwerty

What's smart cast?

I know how to selfcast ... that's all the cast I know :eek:

O.O

it's where instead of pressing a skill and then selecting where you want the skill to go, you just press the skill and it goes to wherever your mouse is, significantly better than the default way. most people use smartcast once they get the hang of the game I think.

go into your keybind settings when in game and there's a little thing you click below each skill button to enable smart cast

7Mbt3EC.png

see the little arrow below each key and number?

it takes a while to get used to but it's significantly better to use overall imo

Hard

Banned
Would have gone to tonight's in-house, decided to watch Straight Outta Compton for the 2nd time with pops. Still a dope movie. RIP Eazy-E

Besides, every time I bust out the Ignite Renekton, I always get counter-picked, and I always get camped. My croc just generates too much hype I dunno

Whatever happened to the 1v1? Some rumors been flying about the legitimacy of someone actually being married or just scared. I'm just a spectator so don't blame me.

Also, Neko we want proof of your marriage license. How can we be sure you're not backing out of the 1v1?

neko where are you

gaf wants blood

we'll get on it when I stop being lazy

good luck with that

What's smart cast?

I know how to selfcast ... that's all the cast I know :eek:

You should start practicing smart-casting. It makes using your combos and abilities much faster and smoother, and makes reacting to the enemy much easier. Almost as important as learning to play with unlocked camera. Knowing the distance on your champ's abilities just comes with practice.

i just realized

newt = imaqtpie: hairy motherfucker who randomly makes big plays and DIG plays often in the same game
rex = iwd: "reformed" toxic jungler
breezylimbo = anniebot: straight man who sometimes shows up

Top Bottom