• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
NcGYNWB.jpg
my back still hurts from dragging this team out of multiple surrender attempts, aces, barons, dragons lost, 2 inhibs down, to finally win this.

and of course the trolling yasuo

zer0das

Banned
my back still hurts from dragging this team out of multiple surrender attempts, aces, barons, dragons lost, 2 inhibs down, to finally win this.

and of course the trolling yasuo

I just wanted to practice jungle Diana, and I ended up having to support against an Ekko top with a 25 stack Mejais while my team tried to duel a him and a jungle Twitch in small skirmishes while I'm all the team's proper CC and I'm silently screaming inside "just wait for a 5v5 and stop running into their Twitch while he's ulting." Number of times someone on my team dived while Twitch opened with his ult underneath his tower was awful.

Match Overview

Best part was someone on team was talking crap the entire time, while I'm silently dying on the inside.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't mind if a support leaves lane but if they're leaving you alone before you're even at a sufficient level I just feel like I'm at a supreme disadvantage. Maybe I'm just playing wrong.

One of the reasons I stopped playing bot lane.

If you're an ADC you NEED your support there to carry you until you're able to stand on your own (and even then I feel that only goes for mobile ones. If you're not one of the dashy jumpy ADCs in the game you're likely gonna wanna be glued at the hip with your support through out the game. Feel like that's what people don't get when they whine about their ADC not being able to 1v1 a tank...when I play Sion or when I played Poppy and walk around by myself I LOVE finding a ADC away from the support or a Support alone and I HATE seeing them together).

If you're Sup you gotta watch out for someone who may be pants-on-head stupid and may flame you cause they're not getting their way.

I have seen sooo many enemy supports just camp other lanes cause they're apparently tired of their ADC bitching in chat.

EDIT- Last night I played Mao vs Mun ... that was the most boring shit EVER! Even if I don't feel like playing Trundle I will have to when I see Mun cause boy was that a snore.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yeah i will roam mid sometimes if we just forced their bot lane back and i warded their jungle so my adc is as safe as they'll ever be

Nekofrog

Banned
Rune page sale.

...Too bad I already own ALL OF THE RUNE PAGES.

yeah, same, and i still hate it. i'd gladly eat the cost that i paid for 20 rune pages if they'd just let me change them on the fly like masteries. i wouldn't even be mad. i just want to be able to do it really bad. archaic choice that is really stupid imo

yeah, same, and i still hate it. i'd gladly eat the cost that i paid for 20 rune pages if they'd just let me change them on the fly like masteries. i wouldn't even be mad. i just want to be able to do it really bad. archaic choice that is really stupid imo

Which reminds me I need to edit a rune page...sometimes 20 pages isn't enough >_>

Edit-first game of ekko coming up, rip me. Ekkos easy to play, right?

Leezard

Oh, I was worried about nerfing her current state on her current play, tentacles dealing less damage if it hits several enemies is bad for her

According to surrender@20 this was only a tooltip change, it always dealt less damage.

Prophet of an Elder God (Passive) [now mentions how enemies hit by multiple tentacles take less damage, no game play change just tooltip clarification.]

Leezard

oh shit. how many should I get? I'm still working with the default supply. I have like 40,000 IP.

As many as you can. If you need extra runes you might want to get like 10 total. Rune pages are nice to have for some more specialized pages. For your mains you might want one depending on what lane matchup you have, etc. You might not want to have mr on your rune page if you face riven, and things like that.

Max it out to 20 if you have that much IP @_@

As many as you can. If you need extra runes you might want to get like 10 total. Rune pages are nice to have for some more specialized pages. For your mains you might want one depending on what lane matchup you have, etc. You might not want to have mr on your rune page if you face riven, and things like that.

I shall buy...all of the pages.

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly i say that at like 12-14 you're set

i have like 7 mid pages, 2 adc, 2 support, 1 for sion and 2 for ad assassins and that's more than enough. i regret buying the 20 cos i have a ton of empty pages i don't even know what to fill them with

save the ip and buy ahri

honestly i say that at like 12-14 you're set

i have like 7 mid pages, 2 adc, 2 support, 1 for sion and 2 for ad assassins and that's more than enough. i regret buying the 20 cos i have a ton of empty pages i don't even know what to fill them with

save the ip and buy ahri

Okay I'm now at 9 pages. I'll get one more set and call it with 11.

And I do have Ahri and Draven :3

I have trouble using Draven and always have. Dunno why. I think I lose track of the Axes in combat. Where they're going to land, that is.

Any tips there, Newt? Are you looking at the targets AND the axe landing zones mid fight? Is there a secret to managing all that?

Newt

At some stage you don't even need to look at the axes anymore. I mean, you have full control over where they're gonna land anyways. You only really have to throw 3 axes at most targets to kill them, meaning you only have to catch two axes anyways.

The hardest part of Draven isn't actually catching the axes, it's using your positioning to prep them.

Edit: If someone was insulting me I would rather be called a Bonobo than a Chimp.

k storytime
what's the biggest deficit you've come back from in a game
nexus was at 400 health at one point with the enemy's base untouched

Leezard

k storytime

I have played so long that I've probably experienced most comebacks, but I have that is the most memorable.

We're 10k gold down at ~20 minutes, our Yasuo and Yi fed a lot and our adc is not particularly well off. One team fight in mid lane I hit a 4 man Nami ult which is followed by a 4 man Gnar ult followed by a 4 man Yasuo ult. Next team fight Yi gets a pentakill. We snowballed so hard off of these two fights we proceeded to steamroll the rest of the game.

Talents

Banned
k storytime

Like 16 or 17k I think early this season. Enemy had all our inhibs by 20 mins, but kept fucking around and didn't end. My team just farmed the 3 inhib minions that kept coming in and earned a lot of gold in comparison to what the other team was making. Then at like 35 mins we just kept acing them over and over. The end game chat was hilarious.

Nekofrog

Banned
I remember back when super minions were easier to kill, sometimes taking an early inhib (talking 15-20 minutes) could be a bad thing to do because it was free guaranteed farm for anyone who was behind while there weren't too many other things you could do on the map that early to make it worth it.

Now supers are so strong that an early inhib is pretty crippling for the duration of it being down, as it should be

Grain of salt.

add77ab75824add76d5162ff6525233f.png

so they're copying the concepts of mounts from HotS

with a little bit of cho'gall there since someone can mount him and he controls movement

rito plz

also unless they figure out how the 'mounted' character will look, I doubt Riot would go and add new animations to all 100+ characters just to suit one skill

Leezard

also unless they figure out how the 'mounted' character will look, I doubt Riot would go and add new animations to all 100+ characters just to suit one skill

good point. it would have to be like a voidy "hover over the rhino" like animation or a generic one. Unique ones seem unlikely.

Top Bottom