• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Blizzard

Banned
I got suckered into the Overwatch hype and coughed up $40

I regret my decision after a night of playing
I got suckered into the Overwatch hype and coughed up $40.

After a night of playing I'm playing for a second night and I think it's quite high-quality and pretty fun. I hope more maps are added though. :) Ping is also pretty variable depending on server. I queued with zkylon and got 200+ ping.

*edit* Queue times are already hitting 30+ seconds on day two though with small groups. I'm a little concerned it will get worse.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like many other suggestions, it would destroy high elo queue times and high elo matchmaking in general.

but isn't that garbage already :>?

Queueing as 5 in overwatch was the worst. We got 5+ minute queue times during the open beta weekend.
i had zero trouble playing with pankaks and two more ppl during beta but when we tried on launch day it took like 2 minutes and they left

pankak is a dick

zkylon

zkylewd
reasonably thinking it just doesn't make sense with how riot deals with toxicity, but it begs the question of how does blizzard deal with it? or doto or whatever, other games that have nowhere near as many players but i'm guessing still have really thriving competitive ladders

and they do things like that, like prisoner's island and "avoid this player" and stuff

Leezard

It probably depends on the people. I was queueing as level 11 with level 20+ people. Queueing alone was pretty fast.

Yeah, I had no issues queueing as 4, 6, or any other number. It was just queuing as 5 that was terrible. We had similar levels to what you mentioned.

reasonably thinking it just doesn't make sense with how riot deals with toxicity, but it begs the question of how does blizzard deal with it? or doto or whatever, other games that have nowhere near as many players but i'm guessing still have really thriving competitive ladders

and they do things like that, like prisoner's island and "avoid this player" and stuff

I don't know how it works in Dota, but I imagine the low priority queue has few high mmr players. I have no iea how long queue times are in high mmr dota.

Overwatch might get wider mmr matching to compensate? I have no idea how it's going to work. If one (very high) mmr player excludes something like 10-20 other (very high) mmr players their queue times should drastically increase.

Depends on the Blizzard game. WoW goes to straight warning/banning people(They tend to have active moderators that communicate with you directly in game as well).

For DotA I think they have low priority queues, they might also have a prisoners island sort of thing.

With League I think the biggest issue is that there's simply too much toxicity that inhabits it that is too slow to punish.

Leezard

For DotA I think they have low priority queues, they might also have a prisoners island sort of thing.

IIRC, the low priority queue in Dota is their prisoner's island deal. LPQ players can only get matched with other LPQ players.

LPQ in League is just something like a 5-30 minute extra wait before you actually get put into the queue.

IIRC, the low priority queue in Dota is their prisoner's island deal. LPQ players can only get matched with other LPQ players.

LPQ in League is just something like a 5-30 minute extra wait before you actually get put into the queue.

Ah, that's what it is.

I imagine the trolling in DotA is bad, it's just that well....we're not in the dota thread >_>; League is in the spotlight because for the longest time they've been vocal about it.

Leezard

Yeah, it's not strange that we speak more about the issues in League, since we experience them directly. Similarly, the Dota2 subreddit talks a lot about their issues and trolling and whatever.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea doubt there's less toxicity in other games specially given how much work riot puts into fighting it

thing about stuff like prisoner's island and "avoid this player" or whatever is that they're pretty satisfying for ppl doing the reporting while riot's more reforming ideals sometimes feel like they leave you hanging

it's specially silly when they already built the system to notify you when your reports got somebody punished but they implemented in the most dumb possible way and it only notifies you if your report was the deciding one

yea doubt there's less toxicity in other games specially given how much work riot puts into fighting it

thing about stuff like prisoner's island and "avoid this player" or whatever is that they're pretty satisfying for ppl doing the reporting while riot's more reforming ideals sometimes feel like they leave you hanging

it's specially silly when they already built the system to notify you when your reports got somebody punished but they implemented in the most dumb possible way and it only notifies you if your report was the deciding one

YOU

ARE

EL

REPORTER

*Sweet music*

I'm not saying Swain is broken or anything.

But these numbers don't lie

Edit-Looking at the damage healed, 2nd place was Nami with 12.6k. I healed 30k.

Absolutely love the new healing on Swain. Even if they nerf it, he'll still be a great healer.

aLxwMXu.jpg

Leezard

I'm not saying Swain is broken or anything.

But these numbers don't lie

Edit-Looking at the damage healed, 2nd place was Nami with 12.6k. I healed 30k.

Absolutely love the new healing on Swain. Even if they nerf it, he'll still be a great healer.

Swain is getting banned almost every ranked game I play right now. It's crazy.

Swain is getting banned almost every ranked game I play right now. It's crazy.

I keep telling my teams to get me Swain.

It's...I dunno what to feel. Swains getting so much attention now @_@ Maybe this means that...Dragon Master Swain will come to pass soon. I'm ecstatic though, Swain was always my favorite champion in this game.

Edit-Looking at op.gg, Swain has the highest win rates in both mid and top. but only a 25% ban rate. His pick rate is low as well.

Edit-I wish there were statistics for how much damage each skill does, as well as the keystone masteries. It'd be interesting to compare both Thunderlords and Deathfire.

Leezard

I keep telling my teams to get me Swain.

It's...I dunno what to feel. Swains getting so much attention now @_@ Maybe this means that...Dragon Master Swain will come to pass soon. I'm ecstatic though, Swain was always my favorite champion in this game.

Edit-Looking at op.gg, Swain has the highest win rates in both mid and top. but only a 25% ban rate. His pick rate is low as well.

Edit-I wish there were statistics for how much damage each skill does, as well as the keystone masteries. It'd be interesting to compare both Thunderlords and Deathfire.

Yeah, Swain has never been particularly popular even when he has been strong. I remember S1/S2 when essentially the only one who played Swain at a high elo was CitizenWayne (or CitizenSwain as we called him), he was so good with the pick.

Newt

So Malphite seems to be the only champion left in need of a soft-rework. Maybe Amumu as well.

Of course Yorick and Warwick and probably Ryze all need hard reworks.

Leezard

http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/q/lets-talk-smurfs-snow-and-bans-ask-riot
rito said:
. One idea that we're beating around internally is whether one ban per player (meaning 5 per team or 10 total) makes sense. That increases ban number slightly, but more importantly, it gives everyone a chance to make a choice about who they don't want to see on the opposing team. We have no idea when or if we would make this change - we’re just trying to give you a glimpse into how we are thinking about the issue.

5 bans seem unlikely to happen soon, but maybe eventually?

garath

Hi guys. I took a league hiatus. Back to back win streak from 1-1 in promos to losing streak and 20lp. I wasn't carrying and kept dropping the ball late game. Didn't even check this thread. Needed a complete league break.

I'll probably play some more this weekend though. Have 5 days off in a row. Woot.

Did I miss anything in the last week? Dragon master swain skin? Warwick rework? Another ryze rework?

Who's op now?

Won I believe 9 of the last 11 ranked matches since switching back to mid/bot maining. I think I'm not turning my lane advantage (I win my lane 90% of the time and lead the game in cs @ 10 minutes and 15 minutes) into an advantage for my team when I'm top. I tend to focus on rotating after getting that first tower but sometimes ganks that can help take that tower never come so I end up there with my counterpart for 15 minutes or more just getting big. I almost never walk mid to gank from top, ever. I pretty consistently make myself available for bot lane ganks but don't go all that often. I usually end up leading my team in damage from top position but it tends to not matter when the other lanes struggled in their 4v4s. I always rotate when my counterpart teleports, but yea. I can do more.

I'll spend some time practicing rotating more from top to get things done other than just getting the T1 tower. Sometimes it's really easy to feel like you're on an island up there.

Manus

First two games in silver and I think I'd rather be back in Bronze 1. This is absolutely terrible I've seen bots more useful in game than some of these teammates. Jungle Elise 11 deaths in less than 25 minutes.

Leezard

This Nida was unbelievably full of himself/herself. Passive-aggressive comments in chat all the time, used mastery emote all the time.

Just fair that she got caught by myself and Heca when she tried to assassinate Ezreal, and we just steamrolled through the rest of their team.

Their GP was really scary and got crazy fed.

Damage dealt like this but only a B+. :(

Top Bottom