• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

garath

Haven't played kindred since her release then had three good games with her in a row. Two of them S rank. Guess she's still strong in the jungle.

Talents

Banned
God damn. Just got a message saying a player I reported just got penalized. Looked up his account and saw he played with a friend last game, asked my friend how toxic the guy was and he sent him this message. Apparently he only got a chat restriction though .

cfa9c3b45f4f85466a365cc7a9d17c0f.png

What does it take to get banned. God damn

Really digging that 0/10 Yi, that's pretty impressive

Yup, every time he tried to gank Mord he died.

I wanted to tell him to stop coming to my lane if he's just gonna solo yolo the guy when I'm no where close to him or have no mana but the game turned shitty real fast anyway for both mid and bot.

In the end he just stayed in base, pacing around as to not get a AFK check. There wasn't ONE actual team fight in that game ... first time I lost a game that didn't have one TF in it that I can remember.

Nekofrog

Banned
i have the blue essence required for next mastery on irelia on my main, but i dont have the mastery icon because i dont play on my main anymore

i have the mastery upgrade on my smurf for irelia but not the blue essence

yay

Leezard

I've gotten something like 6 key fragments the past few days. I'm starting to run out of chests.

Also, no essence to upgrade my Zyra rank. :(

At least we're getting the patch with the champion shard for IP thing this week.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

good to know that even with all the nerfs kindred is still ridiculously good

bloodrazor is such a good item on them

with 12 stacks, razor, and bork i was doing 20%+ max hp physical damage on each auto

Leezard

Zyra is so good right now. It's down right amazing.

Any bot lane right now can be won 2v2, so enemies will need to call for ganks a lot or lose lane. If your own jungler is not completely incompetent, you'll get things done mid/top/neutral objectives in exchange.

Luckily the junglers are almost always at least half-decent when I play solo.

Zyra is so good right now. It's down right amazing.

Any bot lane right now can be won 2v2, so enemies will need to call for ganks a lot or lose lane. If your own jungler is not completely incompetent, you'll get things done mid/top/neutral objectives in exchange.

Luckily the junglers are almost always at least half-decent when I play solo.

I haven't played Zyra since S2 I think. How does one approach her as a support in laning phase?

Leezard

I haven't played Zyra since S2 I think. How does one approach her as a support in laning phase?

You want to harass early levels, with harass and Q. If you don't have to help your jungler (due to the jungler starting top) you can stand around in bot lane a bit before minions to prepare a couple of seeds. If you've done that or if you're lucky with seed rng, you will be able to use plant harass level 1, which is amazing. I usually go QWEEE for skill order, maxing E.

Once you get level 4 you keep harassing with Q plants, but you also start to look for opportunities to E the enemy, mostly the adc if they have a tanky support, if they have a squishy support you can E whoever. Just remember that you might need to save your E if the enemy is able to threaten you. If the enemy jungler appears, for disengage do EW the jungler or possibly the enemy support or adc if they are greater threats.

Since you max E, hitting an E will guarantee that your ult hits, so when you hit an E and you feel that you have enough damage you just unload everything, QWW + R and ignite. Without items it might not be enough to 100->0 someone, but they will be low and if your adc helps it's a kill in most cases.

You run thunderlord's. Runes are full magic pen marks and seals, one magic pen quint. rest of quints are armor, seals are hp. You can run her without this magic pen build, but you want as much as possible. More AP instead of mpen means better early but worse mid/late. The reason is that you build Sorc boots and Haunting guise early, which means you get 52 flat magic pen. That's enough to deal true damage to every squishy target without magic resist items, even through a locket.

Calvero

Banned
You run thunderlord's. Runes are full magic pen marks and seals, one magic pen quint. rest of quints are armor, seals are hp. You can run her without this magic pen build, but you want as much as possible. More AP instead of mpen means better early but worse mid/late. The reason is that you build Sorc boots and Haunting guise early, which means you get 52 flat magic pen. That's enough to deal true damage to every squishy target without magic resist items, even through a locket.

that's fucking terrifying

zkylon

zkylewd
Im there and yet there is a distinct lack of overwatch cosplayers.

probably too busy playing it

Azir/Lucian nerfs and the changes for Vel seem nice. Especially if Vel can still trigger research with ult.
i forsee some viktor nerfs too since he's been so popular in competitive again. his ult could probably do a bit less dmg and he would still be ok

there's a ton of good nerfs on pbe, they're really hitting the outliers with the right stuff i think

not sure about how i feel the velkoz stuff, i think his rework was kind of eh, didn't solve any of his identity issues outside of making him equally capable of melting tanks as carries i guess?

idk, i wish they had given him something new

not sure about how i feel the velkoz stuff, i think his rework was kind of eh, didn't solve any of his identity issues outside of making him equally capable of melting tanks as carries i guess?

Yep, couldve been added in the "minor" section instead of the big 6 part of hte update. Think i saw you in a back and forth with someone about them not having vel's vid preview up with the others at first lol.

Nothing major really changed, I don't even think they really nerfed the "w the wave" playstyle that much really.

I think in the long run having his ult not apply the passive was a bigger nerf than I thought. It made it necessary for you to hit the e to really do anything. Before you could get away with only landing a/1st half of w with ult setting up your passive at least once if not twice. Now wn you get into situation where you manage to get your opp low and they play super safe you can't really kill them and going against mobile champs got slightly worse with you being so reliant on e.

Several instances I was like "Damn, if this was the old ult, they wouldve been dead". Also made going for the backline or fleeing enemies with your ult worse as well since it didn't apply the passive.

The ult change on pbe should help a lot though. Hope they eventually change it back to the .5 it was.

patchday

Im there and yet there is a distinct lack of overwatch cosplayers.

I didnt see any OVerwatch cosplays at Dreamhack austin either. But saw plenty of LoL cosplays. Took some pics but they suck so not going to post (my pics were taken too far away)

These this teenage girl (around 17) that I know that cosplays League stuff. Shes working on a Thresh costume. Shes so adorable :)

Anyway meant to say I can understand why you not see any Overwatch cosplays. Only like 25 characters versus LoL's insane 120+ characters. So much more inspiration and content to draw from

Would like to see a Tracer cosplay but those Ahri pics posted a page ago look so nice :)

wait

so the champion shards they're selling cost 1700 IP

Presumably you can use 3 of these to unlock a random champion, right? So it'd be cheaper to buy shards...for new champions...than new champions?

zkylon

zkylewd
so seems like dobs is bailing on me AGAIN so i'm gonna see what i can come up with on the weekend since i'm still kind of sick. might have to do that idea, idk...

anywho, please wait for the end-of-the-thread shitposting until friday at least cos i won't have time to get it done before that

will try to have the new thread up by sunday

leezard pls pm me that stuff u said u wanted added to the ot

Yep, couldve been added in the "minor" section instead of the big 6 part of hte update. Think i saw you in a back and forth with someone about them not having vel's vid preview up with the others at first lol.

Nothing major really changed, I don't even think they really nerfed the "w the wave" playstyle that much really.

I think in the long run having his ult not apply the passive was a bigger nerf than I thought. It made it necessary for you to hit the e to really do anything. Before you could get away with only landing a/1st half of w with ult setting up your passive at least once if not twice. Now wn you get into situation where you manage to get your opp low and they play super safe you can't really kill them and going against mobile champs got slightly worse with you being so reliant on e.

Several instances I was like "Damn, if this was the old ult, they wouldve been dead". Also made going for the backline or fleeing enemies with your ult worse as well since it didn't apply the passive.

The ult change on pbe should help a lot though. Hope they eventually change it back to the .5 it was.
idk, i think velkoz kinda needed some bigger changes if what they wanted was to give him a distinct identity

like he's still a weirdo version of ziggs and xerath, only now he doesn't have broken numbers so there's little reason to pick him

if anything having the ult not apply the passive made him kind of a syndra esque assassin that was pretty awkward but felt more fair than before at least

i wish they had done something more interesting with velkoz, he's a cool dude

wait

so the champion shards they're selling cost 1700 IP

Presumably you can use 3 of these to unlock a random champion, right? So it'd be cheaper to buy shards...for new champions...than new champions?
well it's a random champion, so only if you're lucky i guess?

there's no beating the system here, just buy whoever you need with ip is still probably the most efficient way

patchday

just logged on (guess havent played since URF lol) and I'm seeing these awesome new Galaxy skins. Why did Riot have to get greedy and remove the sales on released skins? You know- how we used to get discounts on brand new skins?

Now I literally never buy skins anymore cause I'm not active enough to keep up with monthly skin sales.

I did pay full price for fiery Diana though but I dont expect to buy any other skins. but maybe that cant be helped since my playtime has been dramatically reduced too

just a filthy casual now.

zkylon

zkylewd
just logged on (guess havent played since URF lol) and I'm seeing these awesome new Galaxy skins. Why did Riot have to get greedy and remove the sales on released skins? You know- how we used to get discounts on brand new skins?

Now I literally never buy skins anymore cause I'm not active enough to keep up with monthly skin sales.

I did pay full price for fiery Diana though but I dont expect to buy any other skins. but maybe that cant be helped since my playtime has been dramatically reduced too

just a filthy casual now.
well if u think about it, riot is not being greedy and saving u from impulse buys on release

u can still buy on sale a few months down the line but by then riot's marketing machine is working on the next new skin and you can think for urself if you like the galaxy skins or not!

honestly they should just add the freaking wishlist functionality to the shop. that would honestly solve that issue while being really useful in general (i imagine it gives riot pretty good data of the things ppl want the most too). but yea add the galaxy skins to the wishlist, get a popup in the client and an email when they go on sale

ezpz everybody wins

I uh

I own all the champions
well then just get swain to lvl 7 dood

oh wait he's banned every game

rip

patchday

well if u think about it, riot is not being greedy and saving u from impulse buys on release

u can still buy on sale a few months down the line but by then riot's marketing machine is working on the next new skin and you can think for urself if you like the galaxy skins or not!

honestly they should just add the freaking wishlist functionality to the shop. that would honestly solve that issue while being really useful in general (i imagine it gives riot pretty good data of the things ppl want the most too). but yea add the galaxy skins to the wishlist, get a popup in the client and an email when they go on sale

ezpz everybody wins

yeah a wish list is a good idea :)

idk, i think velkoz kinda needed some bigger changes if what they wanted was to give him a distinct identity

like he's still a weirdo version of ziggs and xerath, only now he doesn't have broken numbers so there's little reason to pick him

if anything having the ult not apply the passive made him kind of a syndra esque assassin that was pretty awkward but felt more fair than before at least

i wish they had done something more interesting with velkoz, he's a cool dude
O, dont get me wrong. I'm not arguing that those were big changes or anything. Just that the ult will be better.
-------------------------------
Thought they were making the champ mastery 6/7 cheaper?

I guess buying champ shards is the band aid for that?

Top Bottom