• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

They haven't touched his tankiness directly, just his lane safety. Q is pretty much free to cast, having it at a 6 second CD at rank 1 has been stupid ever since Maokai started being played top, and now he has to actually go in melee range and use his passive to sustain properly instead of just hanging back and shooting Qs.

A hyper teamfighting tank like him shouldn't be allowed to have that kind of easy laning phase and if anything these nerfs aren't enough.

faridmon

The buff doesn't really affect his lane so much as his late game. Previously his MR scaling was little to none, so you had to buy more MR items to get more effective resistance to AP damage. What the buff did is let him essentially free up one slot that should've been dedicated to an MR item and let it be absolutely anything you wanted while maintaining the same general tankiness.

Ah, thanks for the explanation, and yes, I have noticed him being a beast late game. Maybe I should learn how to hold my own during laning phases. All those juggernaut/ fast champs, just dominate me on lane.

Don't like that maokai is getting nerfed. I damn near NEVER see him unless I pick him in my wooden elo and if I first blind pick him I gotta deal with someone picking shit like Teemo cause top lane = counter pick when ever you can even if it means screwing over your own time at my elo. So I mostly never get decent melee match ups and I need Q to farm/ push fast.

Shame cause I was just starting to get the hang to him.

Ah thanks. Looking forward to seeing it.

Dark Star Varus has a cool recall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=IcnLFtaT-ro

Looks cool, like one of those "soo cool makes you wanna try out that champ to see if they're worth it" skins.

Like Blood Moon Kennen.

I actually am thinking about getting Kennen, been wanting a ranged no mana team fight champ for top lane and Gnar is garbo. (it's strange, I think he's a garbo champ but IDK what to do up top vs one because I normally play tanks and IDK how to itemize vs %HP safe ranged dmg. Feel like I can just start taking Trist top vs him seeing how his no-mana allows him to out sustain mages top and his range isn't terribly far if compared to an ADC. But IDK ..)

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I think Dob is making it.

Nah, Dob has been 'enjoying' 2-3 hours of daily car trips to do several hours of mandatory unpaid work and right now has to deal with 5 papers and 2 exams due this week, followed by a third exam. After that, he will have to somehow crunch three months' worth of time into two weeks to build, memorize and deliver his final thesis.

And that's why you guys are getting zyklon'd again. My most sincere condolences (^:

Talents

Banned
Nah, Dob has been 'enjoying' 2-3 hours of daily car trips to do several hours of mandatory unpaid work and right now has to deal with 5 papers and 2 exams due this week, followed by a third exam. After that, he will have to somehow crunch three months' worth of time into two weeks to build, memorize and deliver his final thesis.

And that's why you guys are getting zyklon'd again. My most sincere condolences (^:

Oh boy more fan art stuff
BJOCxpG.gif

I asked if anyone here played him before with no answer, assumed no one cared lol

Been reading about him and it seems like many people feel his WR is mostly because of scripting? Had a hard time understanding why scripting was bad when I first heard of it cause I come from MMOs where 3rd party/ fan made stuff is common to enhance the game. Then I found out that it can help land and avoid skillshots and it was clear.

So...I should make the thread.

Nekofrog

Banned

Transferring your pain and anguish to us by zkylon proxy

I like your style

Karthus' win rate likely has more to do with the AP item changes. His win rate starts to climb during that patch.

Yeah, when I read up on him I realized how cool he works with the new item changes. But he's JUUUUUUST expensive enuff that I can't just buy him on a whelm, I just blew some IP on scaling Health and I really wanna buy Kennen.

Seems like a free week champ to me ... like, I would have to test him out before I buy him if I'm scraping and scrapping for IP. :/

Yeah, when I read up on him I realized how cool he works with the new item changes. But he's JUUUUUUST expensive enuff that I can't just buy him on a whelm, I just blew some IP on scaling Health and I really wanna buy Kennen.

Seems like a free week champ to me ... like, I would have to test him out before I buy him if I'm scraping and scrapping for IP. :/

It's a bit misleading though, because he only has a .16% pickrate. Meaning that the sample size is so small, that him being 1st isn't accurate.

Edit-I think..I think I'll seriously work on the OT. Zky said he'd do it by friday, so I'll sneak it in before that...

Leezard

Ah, academics. It feels so long ago even though it was just one year since I graduated.

Tizoc

Karthus is fun in aram
Hextech+Morello is a good combo on him.
You could try Liandry+rylai on him, although Rabadon+Void would be far better :p

Leezard

I was just about to post the article talking about this.

We agree dynamic queue standings don’t reflect pure individual skill as well as a solo ladder, but they also don’t inhibit competitive team experiences, and that’s a trade-off we want to make. After considering all possible options and assessing the gains (and losses) of dynamic queue over the last five months, we've made the decision to not bring back solo queue.
Solo queue more dead than Yorick.

This picture was interesting though
Right now, a support main has a 95% chance of getting his role, while a mid main has only a 55% shot at getting hers. Different combinations of roles also vary quite a bit. For example, if a mid main is a support secondary, she’ll end up mid only around 16% of the time.

can I have a tldr since I can't watch the video?

We're not bringing back solo queue. We're making adjustments to high MMR (Diamond+) including limiting premade size to 3, as well as rebalancing role selection and matchmaking stuff to get better queue times and matches for high MMR.

There's more but I need to watch the video again.

Leezard

We're not bringing back solo queue. We're making adjustments to high MMR (Diamond+) including limiting premade size to 3, as well as rebalancing role selection and matchmaking stuff to get better queue times and matches for high MMR.

That's a good change, at least.

other thing:
To address position shortages, we’re adding an autofill mode that can trigger when queue times are too long. If players enter queue with excessive estimated wait times, the matchmaker will potentially assign them a role other than the two they selected.
The matchmaker will continue to optimize for primary and secondary positions, falling back to fill only when necessary. We’re looking to minimize the number of players that’ll end up filling, but it will happen most often at highest tiers.

Nekofrog

Banned

i think you're freaky and i like you a lot, but i want you to know your graphs on queue times are absolutely horse crap

Talents

Banned
So basically game is gonna die in a couple of years. They should just let the Rioters who are Masters+ deal with ranked matters, or even ask pros what they think would be best. Shit would be better that way.

Nice.

Wait none of the Rioters in that video are even Diamond. Nice. Really nice.

What those D-queue charts tell me, is that people who reach the event horizon of having a 5 man premade are more likely to win...

Which is what everyone was saying >_>; not only that but because of premade groups, it's increasing queue times. But in order to decrease those times, they'll match them up against higher mmr solo players...but that isn't guaranteed to make the match balanced, because even diamond players can be shitty. So the premade group will always have the advantage full stop. Communication can and will trump higher skill plays from 5 separate people.

What I want to know, what was Dynamic Queue supposed to be solving? Why introduce it?

So basically game is gonna die in a couple of years. They should just let the Rioters who are Masters+ deal with ranked matters, or even ask pros what they think would be best. Shit would be better that way.

Nice.

More people are playing ranked than ever since the introduction of dynamic queue. There are still some levers that need to be tuned, but for the vast, overwhelming majority of players it's better than the old system.

What I want to know, what was Dynamic Queue supposed to be solving? Why introduce it?
It was meant to increase ranked population by allowing more casual players to queue up together without having to form a full team.

Considering they are sticking to it then it's obviously working out for them.

Talents

Banned
More people are playing ranked than ever since the introduction of dynamic queue. There are still some levers that need to be tuned, but for the vast, overwhelming majority of players it's better than the old system.

So the casuals who shouldn't be playing ranked in the first place? The players who manage to get a couple of tiers higher than they deserve because they 4/5 man queue. Nice.

Nekofrog

Banned

Will there ever be a public poll for the overwhelming majority of players to voice that it is indeed a better system for them?

because if there is, I'll def be on the side of "it made me go from 400 games last season to barely 140" and it's freaking June.

[definitely not an entitled customer rant inc] it's also made me go from spending several thousands of dollars in RP to pretty much full-stop 0$ since the season started. and i didn't stop because skins stopped being interesting. i stopped because the game stopped being interesting because of the quality of matches and the time it takes to get into them.

Top Bottom