• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Tizoc

Gnar_4.jpg
Noice

Leezard

Yeah I always hated playing against her. Imo she's the cancer of top lane, I used to always ban her when we had 3 bans for the first pick, back to me perma banning her again.

Yeah, it's very likely she will become a standard ban now, depending on how strong other Triforce users will become. She will likely be the strongest one though.

Luigi87

Yeah, it's very likely she will become a standard ban now, depending on how strong other Triforce users will become. She will likely be the strongest one though.

This is my biggest fear (as well as something ireliacarriesu mentioned and hoped the T-force change wouldn't go through)

I main Irelia, so if she becomes a high pick/ban, that's really bad for me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wonder if that Corki buff will mean anything

I still like picking him occasionally but that triforce change might hurt

pigeon

Banned
i totally get what you're saying, but the way i see the problem here is that it's not so much that these people weren't served by ranked, it's more like they weren't served by normals

Yeah, I think this is true.

Basically, I think the thing Riot is for whatever reason not explicitly saying is that making solo only q would actually destroy queue times completely. The NCS already doubled everybody's queue times (at least). Actually halving the playerbase in addition to that will just wreck the game. Matchmaking is hard!

But, again, I feel like they probably should've said this in the first place since it seems relatively easy to figure out.

Only 2 Dark Star Skins?

Was hoping for a 3rd with a chance that it would be a champ I like. But I have yet to play Varus so I have hopes that I might like him (I like adc champs and will take them solo laning if I think they can handle it. Wanna try MF mid someday ..).

Nekofrog

Banned
So Triforce buff only means one thing. New Irelia skin in a few months after she gets nerfed because Triforce is too strong on her. That seems to happen to strong champions sometimes, nerfed then skin.

Neko, what do you think of new Rageblade on Irelia?

There was some debate about buying the old one but I haven't seen anything about the new one.

Nekofrog

Banned
complete trash, as doublelift would say

old rageblade was purely a first item buy on her if you wanted to be able to stay in your lane and actually push in and kill the enemy top laner when the enemy was a tank champion. it actually made you fall off faster though because now you have a rageblade and are not nearly as good in teamfights due to the stacking element/no sheen or phage. if you bought a triforce after you now invested a ton of gold into offense to be able to do 2 different things (kill tank in top lane with rageblade, kill squishy target in blink of an eye with triforce) and were susceptible to being instantly deleted by that point in the game with no tank stats

i hated having to buy it in most instances because it locked you into one mode of play (split push).

Luigi87

So Triforce buff only means one thing. New Irelia skin in a few months after she gets nerfed because Triforce is too strong on her. That seems to happen to strong champions sometimes, nerfed then skin.

I have such mixed feelings about this, lol
I want a new Irelia skin so much... like... painfully so.

Also... Grasp of the Undying change on PBE...
NEW: "Every 4 seconds in combat, your next attack against an enemy champion deals damage equal to 2.5% of your max Health and heals you for 1.25% of your max Health (halved for ranged champions, deals magic damage)"

OLD: "Every 4 seconds in combat, your next attack against an enemy champion steals life equal to 2.5% of your max Health (halved for ranged champions, deals magic damage)"
Not sure how to feel

I have such mixed feelings about this, lol
I want a new Irelia skin so much... like... painfully so.

Also... Grasp of the Undying change on PBE...

Not sure how to feel

I never used grasp of the undying, to much maintenance in using it. And 2.5% is really small, not worth~

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
hmmm that new thresh skin though goddam

rip azir, garbage tier champ now

ekko changes seem very fair

lucian still looks decent but less of a lane bully with the q nerfs

that change for grasp seems to buff the sustain it gives? ok

Ooh, then I never understood the tooltip before, lol
Yeah, the "steals life" bit is fucking stupid and confusing.

The real tooltip is more like "every 4 seconds in combat your next auto on champions deals damage equal to 2.5% of your max HP and heals you for the same amount".

Newt

Yusss Cutlass buffs on PBE.

Tanks should fear ADCs.

What's with all the cost increase on the zeal items? As if an ADC's life isn't hard enough

NVM, back to waveclear & buff my tanks :^).

Edit: Actually, this change is because IE and ER both got cost reduction buffs. Overall a net buff to ADC since crit item + zeal is cheaper.

Newt

I feel like Yasuo gonna get a bit fkd in this patch because Triforce doesn't give crit anymore and now the attack speed items cost more.

Infinity Edge
Price lowered to 3500 from 3600

Double Edged Sword (Ferocity Tier 2)
No longer has a different effect for ranged champions - [Changed to Deal 3% additional damage, take 1.5% additional damage] from [Deal and take 2% additional damage.]

Lord Dominik's Regards
Attack damage increased to 50 from 40
Now we're playing with power

And an extra Lucian nerf for good measure? Oh, you shouldn't have.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I agree with pretty much all those PBE changes. I like the Lucian change especially. Move him away from the Ghostblade/Cleaver build and allow the more traditional ADC items to shine.

I'm beginning to think I am not as good as I think I am. I've lost all five of the ranked games I have played over the last three days. I mean, three of them weren't really my fault, but the two we lost really felt like it was and I was like "Shit, these guys would have won without me".

Feels bad man.

Newt

I'm beginning to think I am not as good as I think I am. I've lost all five of the ranked games I have played over the last three days. I mean, three of them weren't really my fault, but the two we lost really felt like it was and I was like "Shit, these guys would have won without me".

Feels bad man.
What division? Plat can be really rough I know.

What division? Plat can be really rough I know.
I don't know since I'm still playing my first 10 games. The last time I played rank a few years ago I was like Silver 3 or something around there, but for some reason I think I am getting matched with Gold/Plat players. After losing one of the games I guess one of my teammates looked my profile up because he started talking in the lobby that he was platinum and had no idea why they got stuck with me because I haven't played ranked in years and the last time I did I barely won any games.

I don't know since I'm still playing my first 10 games. The last time I played rank a few years ago I was like Silver 3 or something around there, but for some reason I think I am getting matched with Gold/Plat players. After losing one of the games I guess one of my teammates looked my profile up because he started talking in the lobby that he was platinum and had no idea why they got stuck with me because I haven't played ranked in years and the last time I did I barely won any games.

Those people are the worst, who look up profiles only to complain.

But, this means you might end up in goldish? I think?

Top Bottom