• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Nekofrog

Banned
Holy cow, I never thought I'd see the day where riot legit destroyed lucian. I hate seeing him every game but this might be too much.

I told you guys to abuse Lucian while you could

You didn't listen!

Also the fact that he had nigh hypercarry AS/lvl is pretty fucking stupid.
I thought being able to buy champ shards and turn them to blue essence would be possible this patch? Unless I'm missin something?
It's not up yet

Calvero

Banned
lmao

pkKotrc.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i definitely feel like rito improved their algorithm

SwkPLpn.png

sadly i got better skins for literally everyone except viktor, who has no good skins, so there's never much of a way for this system to give me something i want heh. i was kind of hoping for shodan lizzy but it's alright

kind of tempted to grab ahri's just to complete her set

clemenx

Banned
Fuck those Fizz changes, those 2 are the things you can't literally touch about him. Nerf him to hell somewhere else. His E is the best skill of the game.

Joining the Rito hate train choo choo.

Fuck you all people using the weird tank Fizz thing. I've only ever played Fizz the way he's meant to be played.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, i just ran into a nice lady from my building who's newest grandson is called teemo

yipes

I'm shocked that you don't already own that Ahri skin lol

lol it's the only one i don't have. and that's the only ori and leblanc skins i don't have

for lulu i got squid lulu and for quinn i got pirate quinn which is definitely one of the best 750 skins in the game

Fuck those Fizz changes, those 2 are the things you can't literally touch about him. Nerf him to hell somewhere else. His E is the best skill of the game.

Fuck you all people using the weird tank Fizz thing. I've only ever played Fizz the way he's meant to be played.
passive nerf is like just stripping away invisible power since his ignoring unit collision is like a strange thing that doesn't really do anything. like ap fizz can instaclear a wave after he gets like one item and before that he's not gonna be jumping into the whole wave but more like doing casters only. other than that there's no real reason why that should be on him, so if you're gonna nerf something nerf that

the e nerf is gonna hurt but fizz is an annoying champion and making him less annoying sounds good to me. he has high average winrate for how popular he is and for being an assassin and really high banrate too

he'll still be more than playable, it's not a big nerf

This isn't really because of tank Fizz, I think.

zkylon

zkylewd
The feature is based on feedback from top players about queue times and imbalanced matches. Our data confirmed that these metrics are worse for top players. Matchmaking is about tradeoffs; in this case between position select and queue times. Obviously we prefer all players get their primary role and it turns out that in reality this creates unacceptable queue times.

In the old ranked system, players had to duke it out. While there was pick order, it was common for players to simply assert they would take their preferred role. In practice this meant that more aggressive personalities would get their preferred role more often than an accommodating player. By deciding on the server, we spread the chance of players getting their primary role evenly, instead of allowing the biggest asshole to simply take it more than his fair share. The system assigns the maximum number of primary/secondary roles and acts as a tiebreaker when there aren't enough players filling. It evenly spreads out the fill role across all players with long expected queue times rather than forcing a small number of players to permanently fill.

We are listening, and we are working to make tradeoffs that maximize control for all players, not just the loud angry ones ;). We will continue to gather feedback and optimize autofill as well as the rest of the matchmaking system. Cheers :)

pretty good riot lobster post about autofill

makes sense, i think what he's saying is fair

Kenai

I must say I am much happier about the my shop selection this time than last.

Gonna get that Jhin skin for the 70% off. Seems nice.

Calvero

Banned
wow. people on reddit are complaining about the analyst desk of one stream talking about what happened on the other stream.

Riot in 6.11
"We think Lucian is too good, and we want him to fall out of the meta."
Riot in 6.12 (if the changes stick)
"It's obvious we weren't trying hard enough, but this time we made sure."

patchday

er, the only skin that I would consider is the Taric one which is awesome. But I dont feel like I play the game enough to really warrant spending money on skins. [edit] I should say- spend MORE money then the $300 I've already spent!!!

Still, tempted by pink Taric awesomeness

slzh234.png

er, the only skin that I would consider is the Taric one which is awesome. But I dont feel like I play the game enough to really warrant spending money on skins. [edit] I should say- spend MORE money then the $300 I've already spent!!!

slzh234.png
what's your summoner name

remist

There's already a 3:10 full clear out there for nidalee. I have a feeling she's in for some more nerfs. Riot seems to want to put some of the overplayed champions like lucian and nidalee in the dumpster.

zkylon

zkylewd

slzh234.png

dood ahri skirt is legit

it has a true pleated skirt unlike pink lux which is like the only bad thing about that majestic skin and and it has like a backpack and like fun looking tails

it's awesome

just look at her looking at her phone all like bitch i don't have time for u

it's great

TheFlow

Banned
literally everyone here got better skins than me. :/

I didn't get one nami or sejuani skin even though they are my most played :/. only one naut skin

zkylon

zkylewd
How does this Shop thing work? I got all support skins...does it know that I play support and pick that?

I only want the Bard one pretty much, of course it's the lowest discount :(
yeah it checks your most played champions and gives u stuff for them

JulianImp

My sales:
Fire Zyra -30% (already got her superior spooky skin, so nope)
Eeevil Lulu -40% (got squid and winter Lulu, so no again)
AstroNaut -60% (tempting, but still kind of meh)
Butcher Urgot -60% (wut? it's been months since I last played him, and even then I only played him exactly once against human opponents... also, the crabgod's all I need)
Goalie Blitz -50% (got sub-boss, definitely not and riot blitz, so I don't feel like I actually need a fourth skin for him and all this one does is add a boring Riot shirt AFAIK)
Tempest Janna -70% (cool new spash and costs 156 RP so I could get it, but it doesn't save Janna from looking like a slut)

ae0205c9328bb5c86b35ecb55c7897fb.png

-----
They should do mastery 8/9/10 with champ score requirements on top of the shard things. With more stylish/overbearing emotes.

I'm a sucker for these type of things.

TheFlow

Banned
why do players feel the need to roam with squishy champs against a fizz/annie/trundle comp. facechecking brushes in enemy territory is always a bad idea.

Luigi87

why do players feel the need to roam with squishy champs against a fizz/annie/trundle comp. facechecking brushes in enemy territory is always a bad idea.

"Fizz is only three levels ahead, with a 10/0 streak... Eh, I can 1v1 him." *dies* "OP POS"

Nekofrog

Banned
i've always internally struggled with really wanting to max Q second on irelia

now i'm vindicated

icu thinks it's the best way right now

Luigi87

i've always internally struggled with really wanting to max Q second on irelia

now i'm vindicated

icu thinks it's the best way right now

=O
I mean the damage up + cdr on the Q is nice, but better than the stun duration?
Or is this largely because of the higher atk.spd and extra CDR Irelia will be getting from new TForce?

Nekofrog

Banned
a fully maxed Q with 40%CDR (super easy to get now that TF gives 20) makes Q have a 4 second cooldown. now you'll have the Q maxed on average anywhere around 20-24 minutes

your q being on a 4 second cooldown that early instead of adding 1 second onto your stun makes you do so much more in teamfights. you can Q on top of people and by the time you E and get 2 or 3 autos off, your Q is back up for an additional wham

Won 2 of my 3 ranked games tonight ...

Playing and watching so many good Sions proved to be a leg up on the Sion support who tried to do our red buff at level 1. Fed my Vel first blood ... and it didn't make sense seeing how he wasn't running TP so he would have to walk bot with the red buff and likely come out at a lower level than our bot.

Also played Sion Mid vs Cho ... not the best match up I'd say :/

We still won though.

Also, I played Kennen for the first time in a normals ... we won but lucky for me my lane mate was a Mal who couldn't push super hard early. I need to watch some Kennen vids cause IDK how to Push or CS with him well.

Top Bottom