• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Manus

Coming from having almost 4000 hours in dota 2 and I love the league ranked system. Maybe it's because i get one of my preferred two roles. I hope they don't change it.

Newt

I'm dissapointed in you guys, I'm seeing some really ignorant posts.

Anyways, inhouse today, here's the timer.
t1464996600z3.png

Luigi87

Enemy Kat and Ez fed
Team: Chase Singed

I actually had to say in chat to ignore him @_@
Like, that's 101

Edit: With 3 open inhibs (2 were down for a while), we managed a come back, lol

pigeon

Banned
yeah but being a programmer myself I knew Riot was sort of full of it from the beginning. SoloQ would've been so easy to implement.

[edit] I regret this post- I dont work at Riot for all I know their code base is utter craptastic.

It's never been about implementing solo queue, it's always been about fragmenting the playerbase.

Ask zkylon or anybody who lives in a region that doesn't have draft pick normals. Matchmaking time grows exponentially as the playerbase shrinks, so at a certain point the game just can't sustain itself if too few people are queued for a specific queue.

Riot was worried that splitting the queues at high ELO would lead to multi-hour queue times. Which obviously is a reasonable fear since they literally had to roll back most of the benefits from the original changes to avoid long queue times!

zkylon

zkylewd
the tournament realm thing, i don't see it working as a replacement for solo q, but it could be a good thing as an complementary thing

like pros get their schedules together and out of their daily idk 6 hours of solo q or whatever, they do 4 dynamic q, 2 pro q and it's an improvement

heck, if anything it's kind of commendable that they're willing to go to such leaps to make themselves more competitive

it also kind of helps riot by taking some pressure off of making dynamic queue the fix-all thing for all the problems of regular people and pros alike

the more i think about it the more i think riot should actively support pro players in pursuing something like this, maybe get together with pros and just make a queue for them, help them figure out the details, how the process works for adding new players to the queue, etc.

them not being able to stream is kind of weird, but honestly the stream culture is probably not the ideal for serious training

Quonny

Yeah, no one would stream scrims anyway.

That is, if they cared about the competition. If they wanted to stick it to Riot they'd stream, but the rule disallows such a situation.

pigeon

Banned
I mean, didn't these guys already scrimmage constantly in non-streamed games? Isn't that the main way they practice?

Solo q is for the money and the swag, not the practice.

zkylon

zkylewd
nah, solo q is very useful to train mechanics and map awareness and item builds, matchups, and other stuff

it doesn't translate 1:1 to competitive but they need it to stay on top of their game

none of the above can be done if matchmaking is trash and they play against or with regular players, but also if there's not enough there's no way for the server to accomodate for everyone

so yeah, them doing their own thing is a good idea and at least it's a plan or a suggestion to do something, which is a lot more productive than just whining

Luigi87

Teemo (unranked), Yi, Zyra (me!), Jhin, Leona
vs
Garen, Warwick, Fizz, Caitlyn, Morgana

Damn my refusal to dodge...

Edit: Teemo is currently 0/5/0

Quonny

I kinda feel bad for laughing but there are a lot of pretty funny fifteen jokes in Twitch chat.

I love the baits.

"How much move speed does Cloud Dragon give? Seems good."

Luigi87

Teemo (unranked), Yi, Zyra (me!), Jhin, Leona
vs
Garen, Warwick, Fizz, Caitlyn, Morgana

Damn my refusal to dodge...

Edit: Teemo is currently 0/5/0

omg we won in spite of it, lol

Edit: Hey I just opened a chest with Blackfrost Anivia skin shard!
... I don't own Anivia! (now I do)

But at least one game is giving me legendary loot <_<

Trying to claw my way out of Bronze Hell, one Swain massacre at a time.

Lpm9NFA.jpg

Yessss

Protip: dont stack double catalyst items on swain. Dont build hextech either, go for haunting guise or rylais for 2nd offensive item. If you need defense, zhonghys or spirit visage depending on enemy comp.

Newt

There's well reasoned arguments against dyn q. Check out the Sky and Gbay videos if you want to go more in depth into that.

There's well reasoned arguments against dyn q. Check out the Sky and Gbay videos if you want to go more in depth into that.

Or the Xpecial video which is loads more informed and coming from a position of someone with expertise on matters of high rank as well with experience in different regions~

Skys video is emotional appeal with a misunderstanding of why high elo rank sucks, and gbay, well, I havent seen his so I cant comment.

Calvero

Banned

Or the Xpecial video which is loads more informed and coming from a position of someone with expertise on matters of high rank as well with experience in different regions~

Skys video is emotional appeal with a misunderstanding of why high elo rank sucks, and gbay, well, I havent seen his so I cant comment.

I'll check out the three videos in a bit.

CLG just put out a short Vlog (4min) about Solo Queue, Dynamic Queue & Autofill.

Newt

Xpecial's video really has nothing do with dynamic queue anyways.

The point is, is that many people including me, Talents, and I'm sure more people have had to play against premades as full solo teams. They moved in the right direction by reducing the max premade to 3, but it was only because people gave them this feedback.

Anyways all Riot has to do to make Newt happy: diamond + queues have a premade restriction of 2.

V_Arnold

Yessss

Protip: dont stack double catalyst items on swain. Dont build hextech either, go for haunting guise or rylais for 2nd offensive item. If you need defense, zhonghys or spirit visage depending on enemy comp.

Hm, I never tried skipping the hextech icy thing-y. It made me some kills when chasing (+mana!!!), but actually, that Rylai might be just as good for slowing...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Xpecial's video really has nothing do with dynamic queue anyways.

The point is, is that many people including me, Talents, and I'm sure more people have had to play against premades as full solo teams. They moved in the right direction by reducing the max premade to 3, but it was only because people gave them this feedback.

Anyways all Riot has to do to make Newt happy: diamond + queues have a premade restriction of 2.

i mean honestly that might be the best way to go

would curb a lot of problems and complaints all around

The best solution would be to restrict D2+ to simply solo queue, no partying of any kind.

It'll weed out the people using duos as a crutch, and if they want to get to challenge they better buckle up.

Leezard

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/clairvoyance-blog-champ-friends
Rito posted a graph of how playrate of certain champions correlate with other champions.

If you select a champ in the graph you can see more details, and actual ranks. For example if someone plays a lot of Zyra their next most played champ is likely to be Nami. If someone plays a lot of Heimerdinger their next most likely champs are Teemo and Blitzcrank. Draven correlates a lot with Vayne and Kalista.

Nobody likes Vel'Koz. Or is it that if you play Vel'Koz, you play few other champs?
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/clairvoyance-blog-champ-friends#Vel'Koz

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/clairvoyance-blog-champ-friends
Rito posted a graph of how playrate of certain champions correlate with other champions.

If you select a champ in the graph you can see more details, and actual ranks. For example if someone plays a lot of Zyra their next most played champ is likely to be Nami. If someone plays a lot of Heimerdinger their next most likely champs are Teemo and Blitzcrank. Draven correlates a lot with Vayne and Kalista.

Nobody likes Vel'Koz. Or is it that if you play Vel'Koz, you play few other champs?
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/clairvoyance-blog-champ-friends#Vel'Koz

Wow that's completely wrong.

Taking my 3 most played champions-
Swain-
I don't play Malz, Vlad, or any of those other champions.

Nasus-
I definitely don't play Master Yi, or any of those other champions.

Malphite-
Xin, Mundo? Nah.Garen? A joke. Nautilus? No ty. Alistar? Nope.

That's horrible. Swain and Nasus make sense because they scale with game time, Swain capping out at item max, and Nasus not capping with his Q and % based damage on ult/% based slow.

Neat idea but >_> I guess I'm outside the box.

JG: Vi -> Shyvana (1), Diana (4)

Mid: Ekko -> No Top 5

Top: Riven -> No Top 5

ADC: Tristana -> Jinx (1), Sivir (2)

Sup: Thresh -> Alistar (1), Braum (2), Blitz (5) ...Fuck.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
ekko's connections are kinda weird - i've played some of those champs occasionally but i don't particularly care for them, azir connects to a lot of weird stuff as well.

adcs stick together, no surprise there

We get two unique people right away. Tough times.

I like Yorick's main correlations: Urgot, Maokai, Galio, Mordekaiser, Taric. All the bulky, tanky and clunky people. Also a lot of 'screw the meta' in there.

My preferences fit very well with the graph, with a few exceptions.

costy pls, I just posted that

I had it in a post and then forgot to press submit

then when I submitted it you had already posted it

rip

I like how Lee, Vayne, Riven and Yasuo sit on the same table.

Toxic fucks

Anyways, it's interesting how my favourite champions already align with other champions I like playing lol. Fucking statistics man

Top Bottom