• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Kenai

Yea I will chime in and say I don't really understand why DMP is considered problematic. Put some of that towards Rageblade plz.

Quonny

twitch_emoticon___babyrage_by_centaurman_plz-d8qd8y4.png
adc main
twitch_emoticon___babyrage_by_centaurman_plz-d8qd8y4.png

The item by itself is fine. It just clowns the other choices. Even champs who normally use sunfire (Mundo) or with strong engage (Malph) still like DMP over Sunfire and Randuin. They can cut the double damage part.

dedmans n shit seem so strong because dmg itemization took a huge hit since the armor pen changes which lead to things like mundo and tahm

graves doesnt count because from the base dmg of qr he does about 1k dmg

kenbo

yes, DMP is 'fine'. it doesn't destroy the game like rageblade did

It is however, the best armor item for tanks by a long mile and thats not ok. It's also a little too efficient compared to many items

garath

never once in all of my games have i heard anyone complain about deadmans plate

it seems pretty universal that people love the item and don't see it as problematic in its current state

you gotta give tanks SOMETHING to stick that also synergies with their class. they did that well with deadmans.

Yeah. Seriously. Deadmans is like the only decent armor item for all the junglers I play. The other ones just aren't as good or useful. Nerfing it will leave a pretty big hole in armor itemization.

drawkcaB

Yeah. Seriously. Deadmans is like the only decent armor item for all the junglers I play. The other ones just aren't as good or useful. Nerfing it will leave a pretty big hole in armor itemization.

But it's so much easier to nerf DMP than it is to rethink how the passives/actives of it, Sunfire Cape and Randuin's Omen affect the value of the items. The funniest part of the whole conversation regarding key armor+hp tank items, to me, is that even Riot has forgotten the Ohmwrecker exists - an item with niche that given a few days thought and testing could be made relevant.

Nekofrog

Banned
dmp: 50 armor, 500 health, MS passive: 2800G
randuins: 60 armor, 450 health, MS reduction, Attack Speed reduction: 3000G
frozen heart: 90 armor, 400 mana, 20% cdr, attack speed reduction: 2800G
thornmail: 100 armor, damage return passive 2350G
sunfire cape: 50 armor, 500hp, aoe burn passive 2700G

still not seeing the problem with deadmans plate, even compared to all the tank items. as a tank item, it doesn't make you HUGELY tanky. i wouldn't even agree with a cost increase and no nerf option.

the real power of the dmp item isn't that it makes you tanky (it does, but the tank value on the item is overrated), it's the passive. if you nerf any aspect of the item it's going to make it not just underwhelming, but an uncomfortable purchase.

she's probably on their shortlist, but ppl have been doing triage for a while and it hasn't been her turn yet

Hope so. She needs a VU bad. She has such a unique gimmick, she deserves better IMO at least.

Also read up on their FAQ for Revel Personalized Deals ...

There are some limits on the type of content you’ll see in your shop. You won't see:

Legacy skins
Limited skins
Champions/skins released within 90 days of Lunar Revel’s launch

Welp, looks like Dragon Trainer Trist deal aint happening seeing as I think that came out in mid Nov or something ... so I'm boned on that.

Hope the game figures out that I REALLY like Jinx cause I'm not buying any non-dragon Trist skins and I don't like most of my most played champs enough to spend money on them right now.

Got 7K IP, waiting to see if I want to use it to get Vi or Son Goku cause I'm digging his new skin and I could get it with a lil bit more rp if I like him.

zkylon

zkylewd
never once in all of my games have i heard anyone complain about deadmans plate

it seems pretty universal that people love the item and don't see it as problematic in its current state

you gotta give tanks SOMETHING to stick that also synergies with their class. they did that well with deadmans.
i think ppl are kind of seeing the situation the wrong way

something doesn't have to be super op/broken/annoying or whatever to be nerfefd

the way rito sees it, dmp is overtuned so they have to nerf it a bit so it stops crowding out other items

that's it

Hope so. She needs a VU bad. She has such a unique gimmick, she deserves better IMO at least.
she does, but she also needs a big rework and rito likes to do those things together so they'll wait for one until they've nailed the other

Fuzzery

Here just give you account to my friend he will derank you real quick.
This guy got boosted to gold 1 then he started playing ranked and went all the way to bronze 4. It was amazing.

Reverse elo boosting

Someone should start a service for challenger players who r bored with q times

Nekofrog

Banned

the way rito sees it, dmp is overtuned so they have to nerf it a bit so it stops crowding out other items

that's it

but it's not overtuned and it's not crowding out other items. i still see first item sunfires on most tanks in toplane. junglers tend to be the first item deadmans if playing a tanky orientated jungler, or elise as a hybrid (and that's not even built first).

i still contend that dmp is one of the most balanced armor items that they've ever had at this point. another sweep needs to be done on the other armor items or heaven forbid the AD items, not nerfing an already solid item until nobody wants it anymore ever like frozen heart.

Kenai

that's it

It's like FQC or maybe ROA for tankys zyk. Maybe it is a bit too good (maaaaayyyybe) but that doesn't stop all the other items from being pretty underwhelming even if DMP is nerfed. Treating a symptom rather than a cause.

To look at it another way nerfing FQC didn't really change AP itemization much at all (it still sucks and is gonna suck til fixed) and nerfing DMP will be basically the same thing.

Nekofrog

Banned
look at it this way. a tank wants to tank. it's a tank item. it's an ok tank item, not the best. a tank also wants to be able to stick to the target that it's trying to force to do damage to it. movement speed of any kind that has synergy with the tank class will always be the likely best choice in the majority of situations.

that's not the item's fault. the stats and passive are perfectly fine and healthy. what's not healthy right now is the status of the other armor items. as i previously posted, frozen heart used to be REALLY good on a lot of tanks but now you so rarely see it because it doesn't offer the right power spike at the right time for the right amount of gold for the number of situations it's useful in. that's not the fault of deadmans plate, it's the fault of riot for not making the other armor items good in more than their niche situations.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dead Man's Plate is the best new item in forever and I feel it shouldn't be changed. Buff the other weak armor options pls

zkylon

zkylewd
but it's not overtuned and it's not crowding out other items. i still see first item sunfires on most tanks in toplane. junglers tend to be the first item deadmans if playing a tanky orientated jungler, or elise as a hybrid (and that's not even built first).

i still contend that dmp is one of the most balanced armor items that they've ever had at this point. another sweep needs to be done on the other armor items or heaven forbid the AD items, not nerfing an already solid item until nobody wants it anymore ever like frozen heart.
don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it's overtuned either, as i don't really pay much attention to bruiser/tank items.

i'm just explaining why it's a difficult proposition to just buff everything else

It's like FQC or maybe ROA for tankys zky. Maybe it is a bit too good (maaaaayyyybe) but that doesn't stop all the other items from being pretty underwhelming even if DMP is nerfed. Treating a symptom rather than a cause.

To look at it another way nerfing FQC didn't really change AP itemization much at all (it still sucks and is gonna suck til fixed) and nerfing DMP will be basically the same thing.
i don't think the comparison sticks cos tank itemization is still more or less functional with dmp being the one outlier (again, rito's words, not mine) while ap itemization is completely warped by fqc/roa/abyssal right now.

also a nerf doesn't mean no buffs, and we don't know what the nerf is. maybe it's just 100g more gold to make its stats less cost efficient and make it more about the passive and that's it. idk.

i'd like to see if the other tank items are really undertuned and i'd like to see how armor items look in a world in which all the broken adcs get nerfed

and get my name right damn it

pigeon

Banned
To be honest, all of the reactions in this thread are exactly the reactions you'd expect to see if the item was really overpowered.

jerd

Here just give you account to my friend he will derank you real quick.
This guy got boosted to gold 1 then he started playing ranked and went all the way to bronze 4. It was amazing.

That's great. I'd like to think it was a wake-up call that let him know that boosting doesn't work right?

Didn't deadmans used to be way more strict about losing momentum? I seem to remember that bring the case and maybe they could just bring that back if they're concerned about it

That's great. I'd like to think it was a wake-up call that let him know that boosting doesn't work right?

Didn't deadmans used to be way more strict about losing momentum? I seem to remember that bring the case and maybe they could just bring that back if they're concerned about it
I really dont like boosting, basically with him he got cocky and thought he was good and tried to play ranked and was utter shit. I dont really understand why you would want to get boosted unless you really want to be in normals and say look at my rank im better than you as you go like 0/18/0.

pigeon

Banned
in what way?

"This is the only item that feels good," "Riot should just buff all the others," etc. Those are all pretty direct recognitions that the item is just better in its category than the alternatives and preferable even for classes like tanks that the item is not designed to be appealing for -- it's a juggernaut item, tanks have gapclosers of their own and a whole suite of armor items that are supposed to be useful for their purposes.

As riot/zky says, saying that all the armor items but DMP need to be buffed is basically saying that tanks are bad right now, because buffing all the armor items is a pretty direct buff to tanks, who build them the most. I don't think you can really argue that tanks are bad right now, although maybe I'm wrong. So I don't think the solution is to buff all the armor items, it's to slightly reduce DMP so that it doesn't dominate Sunfire/FH/Randuin's.

That said, I do think that Randuin's Omen specifically is bad right now and that's a problem too, so if they do anything they should also improve Randuin's. It's hard to want to buy that sucker right now.

Nekofrog

Banned
i never said buff other tank items. i said make them have a place in the game outside of their already niche situational uses. people aren't NOT buying frozen heart because it has bad stats (it has pretty good ones), they're not buying it because a frozen heart in this meta, situationally, doesn't offer you the same usefulness as something like deadmans plate. same with randuins.

i love stories like that :D
Yeah i have a few friends who think they are hot shit at league but suck. Like i dont care if your bronze but dont act like you a fucking yasou main because you win a norm match with him even though you lose the next 10 with him.
I 1 v 1ed my "god yas" friend who was thought he was amazing with him. We both picked yas and i beat him the first time he complains he didnt take the right starting items. We do it again i beat him the second time, says for rematch i beat him again. By that time the salt was just poring out of my headset and onto the floor from him. I still mess around with him about that.

Luigi87

I was G5 last season... Two prelims so far, both paired me with Silvers and Bronzes... Lost both...
I'm gonna get dropped to Bronze again, I can feel it...

... It's so cold...

... at least I got a Triple in my first match, and a Quadra in my second...

Also didn't help having a Rek'sai player who really seemed to not know what the heck he was doing. Couldn't figure out to defend a tower that was being brought down unless his friend told him.. also littered our base with Rek'sai's tunnels...

zkylon

zkylewd
i never said buff other tank items. i said make them have a place in the game outside of their already niche situational uses. people aren't NOT buying frozen heart because it has bad stats (it has pretty good ones), they're not buying it because a frozen heart in this meta, situationally, doesn't offer you the same usefulness as something like deadmans plate. same with randuins.
i imagine this is gonna be the followup to the nerfs

kenbo

I don't get it.

It sounds like all of you build DMP
on EVERYONE

thats not right either

I too build DMP on everything

Ashhong

When do we get our Lunar Revel store or whatever?

And man, I really want the Jinx firecracker and the Teemo panda plush..dammit Riot

These last years, riot has so much money that I look at it like an experiment. What can a company do when it suddenly has a LOT of money and isn't developing a game that could have a sequel / non-skin dlc. It is really fascinating to see how they are now spending money for cinematics, skins, overhauls, and little details that only such a big sack of money could allow them to do.

Well they have a lot of projects that never make see the light of day. Like how many people know about the fact that they have a mobile division?

drawkcaB

"This is the only item that feels good," "Riot should just buff all the others," etc. Those are all pretty direct recognitions that the item is just better in its category than the alternatives and preferable even for classes like tanks that the item is not designed to be appealing for -- it's a juggernaut item, tanks have gapclosers of their own and a whole suite of armor items that are supposed to be useful for their purposes.

"People only like it because it's OP" is a cop out answer. Dead Man's actually gives something tangible with its movement speed. You can see it, you even get that nice "whomp!" sound with you get the on-hit effect from using it. It's a satisfying item to have.

There's lots of items that have been continuously nerfed but they're still satisfying to use. The aura on Aegis/Legion is garbage right now, still a fun item for the team shield. I still routinely buy Righteous Glory when my team composition calls for it. The sudden charge of movement speed and the subsequent slow are fun to see in action. Even after the nerfs in 6.2 the active on FQC will still be fun.

Fact is lots of aura items suck even when they're strong. Sunfire Cape sucks. Frozen Heart sucks. Abyssal Scepter sucks. Aegis before completing Locket sucks. Old Zeke's sucked. Ardent Censor sucks. These aren't fun items. Riot even said aura items are too strong to balance because in order to feel the effect the aura portion has to be out of whack. They said this sort of shit in Season 2. And yet, we're still here.

So yeah, I have a problem with nerfing Dead Man's plate. I just know they're going to go after the defensive stats or the cost, it's the easy way out. But why not go nuts and try something like making the movement speed increase based on moving towards the target? Why not make Sunfire Cape's damage an active (pulses X amount of times on activation)? Why not add some change Frozen Heart so it applies a stacking attack speed slow on-hit just to make it a bit more interactive?

Leezard

"People only like it because it's OP" is a cop out answer. Dead Man's actually gives something tangible with its movement speed. You can see it, you even get that nice "whomp!" sound with you get the on-hit effect from using it. It's a satisfying item to have.
It is indeed nice with that effect. It will still be even after a slight nerf though.

e37f5abceea5ef28fce14ae7e89dc9fc.png

Even when losing, I always manage to keep a positive stat as a support.

Now if only I can try to convince people to not throw their lives away at dragon or baron when we're behind. But hey ho, I guess everyone wants to make the big LCS clutch plays.

Joco

I'm normally not one to get that pissed off but whenever someone else on the opposing team says "ez" or "easy" or any variation of it in the post game lobby after a loss, it fucking drives me up a wall.

Just finished a hard fought 50 minute game that we ended up losing, I say "gg" then someone else responds with "ez". Told them to go **** themself. I'm probably getting reported for that one.

Leezard

I'm normally not one to get that pissed off but whenever someone else on the opposing team says "ez" or "easy" or any variation of it in the post game lobby after a loss, it fucking drives me up a wall.

Just finished a hard fought 50 minute game that we ended up losing, I say "gg" then someone else responds with "ez". Told them to go **** themself. I'm probably getting reported for that one.

Easy, just report any and all "ez" or "easy" writing. :^)

Top Bottom