• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hmmm dynamic queue ranked seems pretty interesting. Only times I enjoy league were with friends so I might actually start playing again. At least when Blade and Soul releases my soul.

I
Just finished a hard fought 50 minute game that we ended up losing, I say "gg" then someone else responds with "ez". Told them to go **** themself. I'm probably getting reported for that one.

To be fair, saying 'ez' doesn't bother me as much anymore. What tilts me up the wall is when people argue or insult someone else for what they build, especially when that build is actually viable and preferred.

Had people insult a Kindred Jungle for going Warrior instead of Devourer and in one of my recent games, a Garen thrown and didn't want to teamfight because Vi built full tank after Warrior and Ezreal Mid went blue instead of AP.

Sad thing is, we won the teamfights when Garen actually cooperated with us. But most of the time, he tried to surrender and do poor calls.

she does, but she also needs a big rework and rito likes to do those things together so they'll wait for one until they've nailed the other

I agree.

I hope they keep her passive as it's the most interesting part of her kit but besides the machine gun like Q there's not much to note about her kit.

Anyway, wow ... nothing like those late night Baron Throws :/

Even when you get baron or STEAL baron you can oh so easily throw the match by having it at the wrong time (or NOT using it and deciding to dance instead of pushing a lane when you're 1 of 2 people on the whole field who survived the Baron Steal like the POS troll JG from my last game ...).

ADCs actually get steraks? Why not just BT
I get .. both.
Am I not supposed to?

I'm normally not one to get that pissed off but whenever someone else on the opposing team says "ez" or "easy" or any variation of it in the post game lobby after a loss, it fucking drives me up a wall.

Just finished a hard fought 50 minute game that we ended up losing, I say "gg" then someone else responds with "ez". Told them to go **** themself. I'm probably getting reported for that one.

I just had a looooong 55min match against a Garen. He kills me and says "Oh, was that ult too much for you Jinx?". He tried to keep that up but I muted him with the quickness, not about to let someone tilt me (most of the time only my team mates who let me down get me tilted. Most games the enemy team doesn't even talk) .

We turned the tides and I bring home the win as the only person from my team in their base, forcing my way through minions and towers.
In the lobby I make sure he's in there and say "Oh sorry Garen ... was that too much DMG?".

I then have a sensible chuckle and whip right on outta there. I'm sure he was salty enough to report me but I don't give a fuck, I believe in tossing back what's thrown at you. I don't like poor sportsmanship and I'll even report people on the enemy team for harassing their own team mates in the lobby.

killatopak

Gold Member
so the new lunar skins are surprisingly available right now but I don't know if they'll take it down cause it might be mistake. I want to buy them now but I'm afraid that they'll have the new skin discount. Are they still gonna do that?

so the new lunar skins are surprisingly available right now but I don't know if they'll take it down cause it might be mistake. I want to buy them now but I'm afraid that they'll have the new skin discount. Are they still gonna do that?
New skins don't have discounts at launch anymore

Kenai

They don't do release day discounts anymore usually (expect for the new champ bundles). Instead they discount new skins (including legendaries ect now) a few months down the line.

I don't quite understand how they are doing legacy skins though.

Here.

TLDR:

We’re adding 2 additional champions and skins per week (now 8 instead of 6) to our standard 50% off discounts, effective immediately
We’re introducing an early sale for recently released skins, so you don’t have to wait a year for a skin’s first sale
  • All tiers, including future Legendaries, will be eligible for the early sale
  • Starting 2016, the early sale will replace launch discounts
  • To get things started, we’re rolling out an early sale with Extra Bonus RP on Dec. 3rd
---

Bringing all of our skins onto the same early sale schedule means there will no longer be a launch sale for 1350s and Ultimates starting in the new year.

No more new skin discount.

Balthuk

Well they have a lot of projects that never make see the light of day. Like how many people know about the fact that they have a mobile division?

Oh yeah for sure. But I mean they are a one hit wonder company and their game isn't one you can make 2 sequels out of. If riot had that much money and a single player game , there would be:
1. sequels
2.dlc, cosmetic and not
3. spin-offs/different games.
But league keeps them quite busy as they need to support it. I may remember an article about a big project they had/have worked on (?)

Leezard

Hmm, well I guess there's Mercurial, Death's dance, GA, Banshees to compete with if u need more defense

Only GA is comparable if you're getting bursted by a Rengar or a similar bursty AD assassin. Zed obviously does not count since QSS is great against him.

Fuzzery

Hmmm maybe i'll try it. Is the dmg actually good on it? I've just been building double crit items instead of defense these days. I guess phantom dancer actually counts as a bit of defense

Bacon

What is up with people in bronze and wanting to group up and push mid super early? I played 5-6 games last night and it was the same mentality in every single one of them. As soon as leaning phase was over it was just like, ok guys we need to group and push mid now for the next 30 minutes until either we win or the other team does. Concepts like splitpushing, objectives and rotations are completely non existent.

Pretty frustrating to play with although I guess if I was better at the game I'd be able to carry my way out of it.

What is up with people in bronze and wanting to group up and push mid super early? I played 5-6 games last night and it was the same mentality in every single one of them. As soon as leaning phase was over it was just like, ok guys we need to group and push mid now for the next 30 minutes until either we win or the other team does. Concepts like splitpushing, objectives and rotations are completely non existent.

Pretty frustrating to play with although I guess if I was better at the game I'd be able to carry my way out of it.
People kinda don't know what to do once side lane towers are down so they just go fuck it let's push the closest tower.

Leezard

That's how it works in the lower ranks. It's not uncommon to see people keep wanting to push mid even after they've taken an inhibitor and it would have been easier to push another lane.

They recognize that pushing is good at least.

pigeon

Banned

As others have said, people go to mid whenever they have no idea what to do next. I've found that a pretty effective thing to do is just to start pinging towards something useful to actually do, like rotating for a turret or whatever, so that people can at least have an objective in mind. Then they are pretty likely to just come along.

Alternately, if everybody is mid, go mid and then walk down the river and splitpush yourself. There is a danger here that your team will engage because they aren't paying attention but hey, bronze life.

It is actually better in some ways when people are grouping mid because then they're not pinging Baron when everybody is alive.

garath

As others have said, people go to mid whenever they have no idea what to do next. I've found that a pretty effective thing to do is just to start pinging towards something useful to actually do, like rotating for a turret or whatever, so that people can at least have an objective in mind. Then they are pretty likely to just come along.

Alternately, if everybody is mid, go mid and then walk down the river and splitpush yourself. There is a danger here that your team will engage because they aren't paying attention but hey, bronze life.

It is actually better in some ways when people are grouping mid because then they're not pinging Baron when everybody is alive.

This happens in gold too. I try not to participate in the random milling around midlane and usually spend that time farming, split pushing or warding but teams just love to fight and die 4v5 instead of wave clear or disengage. If the team doesn't up and die for the lack of a member, we usually end up ahead for it. The problem is engaging 4v5 or just plain getting dove 5v4 with a solid initiator. Sometimes you have to stick with the team. Or somehow convince them to give up the midlane tower to rally around a stronger one. While you create pressure elsewhere to force them to react.

Lower elo just loves fighting though. Hell, I think solo queue just loves it.

Newt

ADCs in higher elo often get "baited by farm".

You just see them bot farmimg away and that's the queue to force shit.

I am in that phase honestly, I dont know waht to do, keep pushing bot/top? what if the mid enemy decided to attack me in my lane because his/her tower is down.

What if the enemy with the mid tower down, gathers and focus on mid lane, I have to help then both steam got stuck on the middle of mid lane baiting until someone screws it

Newt

I am in that phase honestly, I dont know waht to do, keep pushing bot/top? what if the mid enemy decided to attack me in my lane because his/her tower is down.

What if the enemy with the mid tower down, gathers and focus on mid lane, I have to help then both steam got stuck on the middle of mid lane baiting until someone screws it
In bronze/silver if you have the mechanics, you can literally just 1v5.

pigeon

Banned

It depends on the situation, obviously. A big thing to consider is wave management. If the wave is near your tower, you should go push it out. If the wave is near your enemy's tower, it is valuable to rotate towards the threatened tower and take it. Showing mid is actually okay if you are going to rotate for a tower.

Unless you are actually good at split pushing, you probably don't want to hang out in the lane by yourself and push it. You just want to clear some waves and maybe slow push (kill ranged minions, leave melee minions, but the minion pushing changes might screw that up) so that the wave will move by itself to where you want it over time.

Also, if you are worried about getting killed in the lane while you are rotating/pushing out a wave, you should fix that by keeping yellow trinket and warding up the approach points. With two wards you can usually cover both of the most important approach routes so that you will know in advance if the enemy is coming to get you.

Honestly I think just managing your waves and rotating towards threatened towers are enough to win games at low elo. I generally don't like to force fights at dragon but you can, it's less dangerous than baron. Just don't do baron unless the enemy is down two people (or one person but it's the jungler), but keep it warded because people make bad baron calls all the tie.

I think you should literally just walk away in this situation, unless the enemy is actually getting damage on your tower. Usually when I see people go aram there's not even a real siege, so think of it as everybody else in the game hitting pause and go do something before they unpause. Maybe ping caution a few times before you leave, and ping your destination.

First game in a long time where I thought the dmg was disgusting. I felt so bad for shen.

diO36kp.png

94FP9Gy.png

kenbo

YouTube Mirrors:

[The New League of Legends: Revamped Game Client]
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIA88OsRsQo)

[The New League of Legends: Social Features]
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umA5P4rIqOU)

[The New League of Legends: Dynamic Queue]
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s1inXuI9FQ)

[The New League of Legends: Hextech Crafting]
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsaxwIQ4xh8)

[The New League of Legends: Jhin, The Virtuoso]
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3riVauCp05E)

Quonny

I really like the management shift Riot has made in the past 18 months or so.

Really starting to buckle down on specific things and say "look, this is our goal, let's do this" instead of nebulous plans that are half-assed.

New client. They have a plan. Champion rollouts. Plan. Reworks. Plan.

Was Gold 2 during the preseason. After going 6-4 in placements, ended in Silver 2. I think everyone just dropped a tier. No biggie. Will make my way back up to Plat. Should be "fun".

garath

i just started ranked cause i made lvl 30 and why am i being matched against gold and silver players ._.

Your clean untouched MMR (hidden match maker rating) is right around silver 2 if I recall. So you'll play with and against players in that vicinity during the early placements. If you lose you'll start to see the quality of players drop. If you win it'll go up. You get very big swings the first 50 or so ranked games.

Was Gold 2 during the preseason. After going 6-4 in placements, ended in Silver 2. I think everyone just dropped a tier. No biggie. Will make my way back up to Plat. Should be "fun".

Did you duo at all? Seems like a really big drop for 6-4. They almost definitely made it more steep this season. Last season I went 6-4 or 5-5 or something like that and was placed in gold 4, one division lower than the gold 3 I finished the previous season. This season seems like everyone is losing an entire tier at a minimum.

Neol

Did bad in my promos but placed pretty well so I'm good nonetheless.

Honestly don't really have a grasp at the meta right now. All these graves jungle, ezreals and zeds is confusing me.

Edwardo

Your clean untouched MMR (hidden match maker rating) is right around silver 2 if I recall. So you'll play with and against players in that vicinity during the early placements. If you lose you'll start to see the quality of players drop. If you win it'll go up. You get very big swings the first 50 or so ranked games.

Did you duo at all? Seems like a really big drop for 6-4. They almost definitely made it more steep this season. Last season I went 6-4 or 5-5 or something like that and was placed in gold 4, one division lower than the gold 3 I finished the previous season. This season seems like everyone is losing an entire tier at a minimum.

I think that sounds ok. I placed into Silver 5 in both seasons 4 and 5 after going 5-5 and 4-6, while finishing the seasons before those in Silver 1.

Oh well, another bronze match, another people going opposite to his lane and blame previous troll for screwing his matches before.

I am at the very bottom of bronze V, again

drawkcaB

For those who've tried a combination of Jungle/Top or Jungle/Mid in order to increase the likelihood of getting Jungle, has it worked? I've only done three dynamic queue normal draft matches and in two of the three I've been put as support. I actually like support, but I really need to practice my jungle picks.

Because it is hard to make plays and harder to call plays. Trying to shot call is impossible in most elos. Because of a few things, no voice chat,not working as team, not listening to teammates, not knowing of plays, not warding the prober plays.

Hard

Banned
Oh well, another bronze match, another people going opposite to his lane and blame previous troll for screwing his matches before.

I am at the very bottom of bronze V, again

CS drills m8

For those who've tried a combination of Jungle/Top or Jungle/Mid in order to increase the likelihood of getting Jungle, has it worked? I've only done three dynamic queue normal draft matches and in two of the three I've been put as support. I actually like support, but I really need to practice my jungle picks.

I normally queue Top/Mid and can get top pretty reliably.

Top Bottom