• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
so projecting

edit: lol had to be top of the page

whelp since i was talking about lizzy, here's a cool lizzy

hoZgmm21bKonaNTO

Kenai

Finally back in Silver. That was pretty rough.

Gold is gonna take a long time at this rate.

so projecting

zy you play Liss.

Blade Queen skin at 70% off. Yay/nay?

zkylon

zkylewd
my favorite is red lizzy but green lizzy is ok too, it has a really cool iron maiden thingie for her ult and everything's really spikey if you like that

the splash is also not as bad as red lizzy although both have those ugly teethy expressions that rito loves to ruin splashes with

i'd go for it, it's probably like what, 400? that's pretty good

Ashhong

60% off Creator Viktor to bring it down to 520. Not bad.

Also have 30% off Dragon Trainer Lulu to bring it down to 950~. Wondering if I want that over Pool Party..

Sofo

I need help.. Lunar Revel shop was too good... D:

cb3f65e548.jpg

I have Forecast Janna and Koi Nami, so if anything I'd pick Leona (although I prefer PROJECT) or Lulu.

Thoughts? (Have 1010 RP)

Kenai

That's not my fav Lulu skin though at that price it's pretty good. Same with Leona's.

my favorite is red lizzy but green lizzy is ok too, it has a really cool iron maiden thingie for her ult and everything's really spikey if you like that

the splash is also not as bad as red lizzy although both have those ugly teethy expressions that rito loves to ruin splashes with

i'd go for it, it's probably like what, 400? that's pretty good

Thx for imput, I went ahead and got it (406 RP, not bad). I have been meaning to play Lizzy more since she can go mid or top, but since she's a fairly advanced character and I don't actually get to mid/top much I've been putting off practice.

Leezard

The Soraka rework on PBE might make her less disgusting to lane against. She will heal less with consecutive heals but she will give some mana if she hits her Q inbetween heals.

Ashhong

That's not my fav Lulu skin though at that price it's pretty good. Same with Leona's.

Thx for imput, I went ahead and got it (406 RP, not bad). I have been meaning to play Lizzy more since she can go mid or top, but since she's a fairly advanced character and I don't actually get to mid/top much I've been putting off practice.

Lizzy is easy..

pigeon

Banned
Maybe more usefully, like, what do you find challenging about Liss? The main thing I think is difficult about her is using her hard engage potential effectively and that's probably just practice and distinguishing between when to self-ult and when to ult a carry. Otherwise she is pretty safe since W and E are great defensive tools.

jerd

Meh 3-5 right now. Few really good close games that coulda gone either way though. I'm probably looking at a pretty steep drop.

Feels bad not being able to dodge yasuos tho

Kenai

Maybe more usefully, like, what do you find challenging about Liss? The main thing I think is difficult about her is using her hard engage potential effectively and that's probably just practice and distinguishing between when to self-ult and when to ult a carry. Otherwise she is pretty safe since W and E are great defensive tools.

Her AA and range seem worse than most of the other mids I play. Ziggs, Annie, Lux, Morg, n Ahri I seem to have a much easier time farming with than her. That and her E positioning for a kill/gank

The only mid I have a harder time with is Swain and that's because his point in click spells and AA have different ranges on them which is annoying.

jerd

Yeah riot said you'll take an mmr hit so I'm just not sure if it's worth taking my chances with them or just dodging.

Either way I just want to get these placements over. For as worthless as the ranking system is I do prefer having tangible gains and losses

Yeah riot said you'll take an mmr hit so I'm just not sure if it's worth taking my chances with them or just dodging.

Either way I just want to get these placements over. For as worthless as the ranking system is I do prefer having tangible gains and losses
It's not worth it. The advantage of normal dodging is that you only lose LP, not MMR. If you're losing MMR that's pretty much the same as a lost match so you'll get placed lower anyways, might as well play and hope the enemy team is bad.

jerd

It's not worth it. The advantage of normal dodging is that you only lose LP, not MMR. If you're losing MMR that's pretty much the same as a lost match so you'll get placed lower anyways, might as well play and hope the enemy team is bad.

That was the impression i got so I've just been biting the bullet on the yasuos

Hasn't worked out so far but could be worse

Ferga

I carry the early game so hard with jungle.

Absolutely dominate all lanes and get two inhibs at the 20minute mark.

Then my mid laner decides to troll because brand accidentally took blue with the passive.

Suicides twice to 'teach' us a lesson with no god damn idea what a fed talon and kalista can do to our team comp.

Game goes from a 25minute win to a 50minute long game where we struggle to kill kalista while talon one shots everyone.

I go from an awesome kda to a complete shit one because kalista was too much for a fed udyr and olaf.

God damn infuriating.

Then my mid laner decides to troll because brand accidentally took blue with the passive.

Suicides twice to 'teach' us a lesson with no god damn idea what a fed talon and kalista can do to our team comp.

Game goes from a 25minute win to a 50minute long game where we struggle to kill kalista while talon one shots everyone.

I go from an awesome kda to a complete shit one because kalista was too much for a fed udyr and olaf.

God damn infuriating.
Yeah in league some games are basically unwinnable. Trying to make a comeback is super tough.

Tizoc

God damn infuriating.

I feel bad for you man :(
Hope you reported that loser.
On my end I KSed a 10 HP Ryze whom our mid Fizz thought they could kill, not wanting to risk it I flash and kill him. I was Top Naut btw.
Fizz gets angry for a bit but thankfully he cooled off
cuz later he kept getting kill after kill as we dominate the opposition XP
Also top Kindred is merely a matter of patience~

subtles

so projecting

https://copy.com/hoZgmm21bKonaNTO[IMG][/QUOTE]

This reminds me, we're going to be getting a more traditional mage this year. The kind that are immobile and have a bit of 'power' behind spells. I'm really excited about that.

Say what you will of Ryze, but I loved Riot's descriptions of his rogue-like character and how he would have to be in a place where he pushes/forces out his spells. I hope the Cass rework similarly keeps her identity.

jerd

4-6 for silver 1 bleh

I only got jungle in 4 of them somehow and ended up playing pretty bad in most games where I had to lane so it's whatever. This new system is really gonna make me have to get better at top

Played Diana top vs a Poppy last night.

First time laning against a Poppy ever ... she's fucking scary! Even though I'v played her a few times I still have no clue how far that ram takes you or how far from the wall you would have to be.

The game started on such a bad foot. Was 0/3 to poppy and the enemy team had like 3 times the kills as us. But ONE JG gank was all I needed turn the tables by getting some items and taking her down 1v1 around mid game. Started stomping her so bad their Teemo asked us to report them for leaving. She came back though but at that point I was already stomping them in teams fights with NT and Rageblade. In the lobby she goes on to bitch that her team was shit and that she was the only one doing stuff. She had like 6 kills to Teemo's 27.

(I personally think that their team largely didn't scale as well as ours. They had the Cat Fish Support with a unfed Kat bot lane, Poppy top, Shaco JG who we didn't feed and a Teemo mid. We had me, Graves, Ekko who fed Teemo, Morg support and FS jg. I feel like Poppy is a great early game lane bully tank but I don't think she snowballs well into some kinda "watch out, she's gonna 1 shot you!" threat if you keep up with her in levels. Feel like she brings more utility to the team with her kit stopping dashs, peeling threats and setting things up which I think makes her a cool support tank or a good top against tanks and dashy tops who need to get fed early. )

Diana is just ... strong!

I cashed in 1 of my 3 life time refunds on Quinn last night. Don't think I'm gonna play her and I could use that RP on a skin.

Newt

Hey guys, probably gonna host another in-house today from 6:30 est. I've seen a lot of new names around recently, so if you want to join, just join the NeoGaf chatroom on the NA server.

garath

Hey guys, probably gonna host another in-house today from 6:30 est. I've seen a lot of new names around recently, so if you want to join, just join the NeoGaf chatroom on the NA server.

I'll probably be on. Another day to procrastinate on my placements.

God damn infuriating.

I dont know what going on on their heads, like we are winning lets destroy objetives or win then that crap happens and lose their heads

zkylon

zkylewd
yea she's kinda tricky. not necessarily the most mechanically intensive champion but she's pretty unique compared to other mages/assassins

yeah, basically. the decisionmaking is her most difficult aspect. normally with any mid you can just pew pew/fish for cc and that's enough but on lizzy you need to know when you're an engager and when you're a peeler and also you need to know how to engage.

i don't think choosing when to self ult is too problematic tho, basically if you don't have zhonyas you should almost always self ult if you're fighting more than one person. you still deal the dmg and the massive slow and you'll die if you don't, specially if u don't have flash. if u have zhonyas and your team can follow up, just stun the adc and zhonyas.

that's like general rule, the biggest problem to me is really finding the right angle to e in that's both followupable and also dives deep enough in the back line to hurt the squishies. kind of a hard balance to make.

she's also a really good tp midlaner so u have to learn how to set up tps properly etc.

Her AA and range seem worse than most of the other mids I play. Ziggs, Annie, Lux, Morg, n Ahri I seem to have a much easier time farming with than her. That and her E positioning for a kill/gank

The only mid I have a harder time with is Swain and that's because his point in click spells and AA have different ranges on them which is annoying.
her aa is ok, i don't think that's too bad. she's short ranged so she struggles a bit against poke but you can run corrupting pot if you're gonna need sustain or something. and she farms pretty ok, specially when stacking ap (roa into abyssal or zhonyas), i don't really have much trouble with it

basically she's ok because ap itemization sucks and nerfed all the athenes mids so the ppl that poked her out are kind of gone from the meta

I need help.. Lunar Revel shop was too good... D:

cb3f65e548.jpg

I have Forecast Janna and Koi Nami, so if anything I'd pick Leona (although I prefer PROJECT) or Lulu.

Thoughts? (Have 1010 RP)
that lulu skin is great, also iron solari leona is pretty cool too

i don't like the project skins, they're cool but they all look the same so they're kinda boring

i'd go for those, you already have better janna and nami skins

The Soraka rework on PBE might make her less disgusting to lane against. She will heal less with consecutive heals but she will give some mana if she hits her Q inbetween heals.
didn't look at it too hard but that sounds nice.

The worst of us.

the hair!

TheFlow

Banned
lost promos again because we had a troll support sona, who went 1/13/6. She rushed a luden and didn't have sightstone or support item.

I honestly asked "why would you pick a sona support" before the match started and someone said "it is bronze it doesn't matter what you pick" so yea you know we were going to lose that match.

Top Bottom