• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Luigi87

I might be going crazy but I'm 95 percent sure the lunar store just took one discount away from me and gave me a different one when I reopened the shop. I wish I took a screenshot so i could confirm it.

You're right!
Three of my sales reset!

Before:
euIO4KE.png

After:
X6pvkmP.png

IdpDO3a.png

Edit; Oh, I think it's all the Feb sales that got reset.

garath

Woo. I was hoping for sandstorm ekko. Only 40% off but hell, I've wanted it for awhile. Bought. Poppy skin, khazix skin, jax skin. Sure. Anivia skin though? I don't think I've ever played anivia outside of a single aram. Lol

pigeon

Banned
PBE changes!

Okay Soraka is a Rejuv Druid now. Hitting with Q gives her a buff that restores mana and health, casting W gives that buff away. Soraka mana battery is back. But looks like Q hitting multiple champs gives no additional benefit now, which is pretty bad.

Lol Zed getting preemptively nerfed even before Duskblade comes out. Reddit will eat itself.

Corki and Graves getting nerfed even more.

JulianImp

Second time I've read this opinion on here shame on you people

I've already got Definitely not Blitzcrank and his subboss skin (with cart-blowing action), so I definetly won't be getting any more skins for it anytime soon.

Yep thats exactly what happened to me. And it gave me bioforge darius -__-

Wow, that's right! It's cool to see they did that, but it makes me wonder if too many users complained about it and forced Riot's hand somewhat. Now, let's see what's behind my two rerolled discounts...

That Thresh looks kind of cool but I think I remember it was really monochromatic (or was that championship Thresh?), so I guess I might end up biting on blackthorn Morg with my leftover RP and maybe get deep terror Thresh next month for its colors, bubble particles and the custom backing animation.

Playing new Shen in a normal draft game. Lane is going well, garen blows flash and loses a level on a failed jungle invade. Mid lane is solo killed 5 times by Brand. Sad times :(

JulianImp

damn you got dumptruck nautilus, thats my fave

I can't say I like any of Naut's skins, sadly. Only astroNaut appears to have custom particles and animations, but that anchor and its Q look a bit underwhelming. The rest all look kind of bland, and the only one I might consider picking up eventually would be warden because it looks kind of neat.

Then again I only intend to buy skins on discount, so even if I had gotten astroNaut 30% off I'd rather wait until it comes around as a monthly deal at 50% off.

Edit: Wait, why do people actually like that skin? I often choose skins that have a nice color scheme (subjective, of course) and really like custom particles (such as koi Nami's carps, deep terror Thresh's bubbles or blackthorn Morg's W/ult and death animation). Then there's Lulu and her poro/pufferfish familiars (not too keen on her dragon one, though).

Nekofrog

Banned
I can't say I like any of Naut's skins, sadly. Only astroNaut appears to have custom particles and animations, but that anchor and its Q look a bit underwhelming. The rest all look kind of bland, and the only one I might consider picking up eventually would be warden because it looks kind of neat.

Then again I only intend to buy skins on discount, so even if I had gotten astroNaut 30% off I'd rather wait until it comes around as a monthly deal at 50% off.

Edit: Wait, why do people actually like that skin? I often choose skins that have a nice color scheme (subjective, of course) and really like custom particles (such as koi Nami's carps, deep terror Thresh's bubbles or blackthorn Morg's W/ult and death animation). Then there's Lulu and her poro/pufferfish familiars (not too keen on her dragon one, though).

dumptruck naut has an amazing design and color scheme. before i really played any naut, i thought astronautilus was best by default, but that was because i had never seen dumptruck. once i saw that on a stream i was instantly in love. one of my favorite skins in the game outside of zombie brand.

Luigi87

last seasons placements were overly forgiving, placing brand new players into silver en masse. looks like they corrected that

They def. were I would say.

In season 4 my friend placed Gold 4.
In season 5 he did his placements, went 8:2 and got Gold 2.

Bacon

I just got yelled by my midlaner for rotating mid and taking the first tower after their midlaner died. It was an anivia and she kept saying that she needs the tower to farm well. Is this actually a thing or this is a bronze thing™?

Hard

Banned
last seasons placements were overly forgiving, placing brand new players into silver en masse. looks like they corrected that

I suppose it's for the best. Silver IV & V were filled with players that didn't even deserve that. Mid-High level Bronze should be the new standard, hopefully.

TheFlow

Banned
you know you are in bronze when you play a 60 min game and then win when you know damn well you should of lost 20 mins ago.

like the enemy team threw harder than us .

pigeon

Banned
I just got yelled by my midlaner for rotating mid and taking the first tower after their midlaner died. It was an anivia and she kept saying that she needs the tower to farm well. Is this actually a thing or this is a bronze thing™?

I mean, there are situations where having your turret pushed down means that you can freeze the lane very close to your base and make it hard for your opponent to farm. Anivia might have been afraid that her opponent would keep the wave near them and she'd have to move past the river to get CS.

But, like, no, it's a bronze thing. By the time you actually get to elo levels where pushing a turret could conceivably be a bad thing, you'll know.

Nekofrog

Banned

wut?

anivia can clear her wave in like 3 seconds and roam with the enemy mid tower down.

it opens up so much map space.

edit: you want to know the easiest way to win league of legends? be the team that ends laning phase forcefully. force the enemy to react to it.

Bacon

wut?

anivia can clear her wave in like 3 seconds and roam with the enemy mid tower down.

it opens up so much map space.

she seriously flamed me for the rest of the game for taking the tower. She was all "I could have had 200 more cs if you didn't take that tower" and "you need to learn the game and learn how to play with an anivia".

Oh and the best was "farm is more important than objectives" after I told her that I wasn't gonna apologize for taking an objective.

subtles

she seriously flamed me for the rest of the game for taking the tower. She was all "I could have had 200 more cs if you didn't take that tower" and "you need to learn the game and learn how to play with an anivia".

Oh and the best was "farm is more important than objectives" after I told her that I wasn't gonna apologize for taking an objective.

who was the enemy mid laner?

Kenai

Oh cool, my shop took away that disgusting Lee Sin skin.

And my new 70% off is Blade Queen Lissandra, i literally do not remember the last time I played her.

...that being said, how is that skin? I don't hate her, why not get one at that price if it's any good?

patchday

I've always wanted Justicar skin

I promised myself though this month I'm only gonna splurge on Tahm and Zyra when they go on sale.

But that Justicar Syndra sure does look cute doe

Nami my new #1 waifu though

I haven't been flamed for being a jungle in a while, but when it happen today, I couldn't help but start laughing at the screen. Im Quinn jungle, and my team is doing fine, but our Ilaoi, Karma and Urgot all decide at different times that taking an inhib alone when the enemy team is up is the best use of their skills. When I dont join them in killing themselves, i get flamed. Later on, they flame me for not diving in alone at baron pit and attempting to outsmite the enemy nunu, and make it thru their shen and vlad. As the game ends, they all put the blame on me, and said I didnt get any kills myself, only stole them. Urgot tells me post match that i am A noob jungler that didn't gank.

Take a guess what chatroom I was in to get the 5 man?

reddit silver lfg

I love jungling.

zkylon

zkylewd
had a weird night of normals, both ap maokai and malphite mid

neither was much trouble but it's been forever since i've seen anyone try that and for good reason lol

also yea i think lizzy's pretty strong in this patch just out of sheer synergy with roa+abyssal

it's pretty lame, i like lizzy when you're making plays not just outstating everyone cos ap itemization sucks but i'll take her to ranked for most of my placements i think

Did everyone get a Lulu skin?
that's a cool lulu skin, go for it

it's got that cute little fang teethie there, i love it

My sales are so bad I'm not going to bother posting a picture. I have brought great shame to my family.
i'm gonna pretend you got all yasuo skins

Top Bottom