• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

yep we lost. man whole time in lobby I'm yelling get tank, get a tank. The guy that wa ssupposed to be tank changes his mind last min and goes Kindred.

And I couldnt go tank cause I was mid :(

jerd

Illaoi
Test of Spirit (E)
Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 35/45/55/65/75
Missing E no longer roots for .25*
For enemies that are vessels - "Teammate killing a tentacle within 5 seconds of you hitting it as a Vessel will still count (tentacle assists are now possible)"*

Somehow i don't think this is gonna be enough

patchday

oh snap got Breakfast Menu in my group time to get carried yo. Gaf ftw

btw gaf send Ryotian fr for groups. Raising IP so I can get Malahazar for free (IP). only 800 ip to go

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh she's getting kind of a decent qol nerf by making her e reversable via "tentacle assists"

and it's not really a big buff

she'll still be crap i think

pigeon

Banned
yep we lost. man whole time in lobby I'm yelling get tank, get a tank. The guy that wa ssupposed to be tank changes his mind last min and goes Kindred.

And I couldnt go tank cause I was mid :(

Chogath_0.jpg

Fuzzery

I wonder if kiting back and protecting Jinx was the best way to go. I thought creating a buffer zone vs the frontline would be best after you got Banshees but it didn't go as planned. The Vel ult is really strong. :/

If you didn't, I would have just went for her first every fight

drawkcaB

hm i might buy Lux. she counters many supports and can go mid

lux or malahazar....

Lux isn't very good at support. Her kit seems like it could do the job but she's an older champion with the usual higher than modern champions' mana costs that can make it quite rough on her. There's a few other older champions that seem like they could do support because they have X or Y tool in their kit but their mana costs make it pretty much impossible.

Queued up for a match tonight. Opposing Janna locked in so I decided to pick Zyra and feast. I made their bot lane miserable.

patchday

LOL! I love you guys. Went Malzahar for now.

Was really tempted to get Lux but I have so many great supports and when Tahm & Zyra go on sale this coming month I'll buy them with RP. Got 1000 RP saved for them already

Granted, Riot is so good at ruining my plans with their flash sales. Really tempted to get Justicar Syndra for 70% off and get a classic Shen skin. That means adding more $$ to my wallet (purchasing more RP)

**** I really love this game in its current state cant say this enough. This new queue has really simplified things for us lower elos. Just 2 roles I need to master in ranked matches.

patchday

Just played my first two games of Nami support and she's so fun. I'm running windspeakers and her heal is crazy.

I love Nami. been running only her in ranked so far. strong enough to be good but doesnt get banned so its lovely

Last season I had a hard time in ranked cause I had bad luck in my groups. Someone else always wanted to be support. So I got tossed into all sorts of roles. Now I can focus more and improve

subtles

Is Akali no longer a thing? Her play rate is just over 2% (top+mid) and I haven't seen one in ages. I didn't think the E nerf would hit her that hard.

Edwardo

Is Akali no longer a thing? Her play rate is just over 2% (top+mid) and I haven't seen one in ages. I didn't think the E nerf would hit her that hard.

I haven't seen her in a game in a while either. Someone was trying to play her last night, but it was in the chain of dodges I was stuck in.

patchday

formed a team for party bonus and we went against one that had Daruis. Finally got smart and got thornmail (I was on Zac) and we finally won the final team fight, aced them, and won it.

I'm thinking I dont like Cinderhulk cause I cant smite enemy champs. I do much better when I can smite the enemy.

Any advice? Was playing Zac but I have this issue as any mage-jungler

formed a team for party bonus and we went against one that had Daruis. Finally got smart and got thornmail (I was on Zac) and we finally won the final team fight, aced them, and won it.

I'm thinking I dont like Cinderhulk cause I cant smite enemy champs. I do much better when I can smite the enemy.

Any advice? Was playing Zac but I have this issue as any mage-jungler
Weather not you can smite a champ it depended on what upgrade you get like chilling smite or challenging smite.
It is not depended on your second level upgrade of your jungle item, only your first.

patchday

Is there someway to get challenging/chilling smite with a mage jungle item? I'd love it if runic echoes could use smite on enemy champs.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is there someway to get challenging/chilling smite with a mage jungle item? I'd love it if runic echoes could use smite on enemy champs.

Your tier two jungle item (stalker's blade, skirmisher's sabre) is what decides the smite you have, red and blue. Tracker's knife doesn't let you smite champions but it gives you a mini sightstone instead.

patchday

For mage junglers 'all this time' I literally was taking Tracker's knife.

For my Warrior junglers (Vi) I'd go Warrior and so on the recommended path I always grabbed an enemy smite. So I've rocked with her

Thanks yall. ugh... sadness

It is so much fun because they had a kog basically when i hit one spear he would just be too scared to farm, but they had a tahm which made the lane a living hell because i couldnt jump in and burst him down.

Its kinda weird how there is a good amount of fanart for Akali considering the fact that no one plays her.
She was good then they nerfed her which kinda gutted her at least to my understanding.
Also she is a cute ninja girl so people will want to draw that.

Quonny

Akali is still good, she is just sooo bad early game. They absolutely stomped on her early game.

Doesn't help that pinks are like 20 cents.

Kenai

Akali is still good, she is just sooo bad early game. They absolutely stomped on her early game.

Doesn't help that pinks are like 20 cents.

-She's bad early. Only character i can think of with a worse laning phase is pre-rework Poppy.

-Usual other assasins/melees (Hi Zed/LB/Yas) have way safer laning phases than her.

-Tank meta, less squishies to dive, more sustain to heal off her early harass.

Champs can't normally be as bad early as Alaki is when the game is as snowbally as it is. There's a good chance she'd never get time to recover.

zkylon

zkylewd
man gotta love when ur adc picks ezreal, forgets to go blue build, so sells his trinity force and complains the enemy team is too tanky

Top Bottom