• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

JulianImp

oh shiii I just got mid

Time to beg the team not to afk til after they lock their champs and do their bans.

That's another issue of the current system, where it decides to reroll your assigned role if you're put back on queue after somebody dodges or forgets to lock in their pick/ban.

Earlier today I dodged a normal draft after I saw someone pick Soraka for mid, and after the wait time I got into a game with a top Ashe running heal/ghost but didn't want to risk an even longer dodge time so I decided to give it a try. Mid was winning and we at bottom lane were doing OK, but that Ashe fed like there was no tomorrow and the enemy team began catching up. The best part was that there was not a single tank in our team, and everybody kept overturning my surrender votes for some reason despite us being unable to secure any objectives while our foes were taking our turrets down and killing dragons and barons with total impunity. They even had two very powerful late-game threats in Vayne and Veigar (who had lost mid but got enough kills afterwards to buy good items), but jg Master Yi was still saying "we can do this, guys" every time I started a surrender vote.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm let's see my toplane roster

i've got like

sion

and lizzy and lulu i guess

and that's it

that's pretty alright, maybe i should play a bit of poppy just to have one more champion

pigeon

Banned
I'm reading it as Riot needs to reevaluate the support role or provides incentives to support/fill.

I mean, the incentive to support is the same as the incentive to do any other role -- if you're good at it, you win more games.

GAFfers have posted before that support is less popular at low elo and more popular at higher elo. It doesn't really sound like support is just not fun to do, it sounds like it's just harder.

I think that if people are constantly getting their secondary role it would be good for Riot to turn up primary role preference or even cheat it a little bit for players who have gotten their secondary role a lot consecutively. I'm not sure the solution is to REDESIGN THE META.

That's another issue of the current system, where it decides to reroll your assigned role if you're put back on queue after somebody dodges or forgets to lock in their pick/ban.

I believe that the queue preserves your role if the other team dodges, because it preserves your team. If your team dodges then you're kind of SOL. Something else that could be fixed potentially.

patchday

grr, I choose Support as my primary and get my secondary role (jungle) going into this ranked match. pray for me yall

OH WHAT THE FUCK--- someone just choose yasuo on my team too

[edit] I dodged. I dont wanna lose due to a bad yasuo player

JulianImp

Yeah, couldn't the sistem just go and fetch a person in whichever role was left open after a dodge rather than having to pair people up again?

grr, I choose Support as my primary and get my secondary role (jungle) going into this ranked match. pray for me yall

OH WHAT THE FUCK--- someone just choose yasuo on my team too

Still, banning Yasuo to block your mid from picking him if they mark Yas as their intended pick feels really good.

patchday

I was first pick so couldnt *ban*. I looked up the Yasuo player and I got the vibe he was gonna blow it.

I wish I did have a ban I would've banned him so hard and fast

Still, banning Yasuo to block your mid from picking him if they mark Yas as their intended pick feels really good.

As a Yasuo main, if you do this:

TdYpAkv.jpg

It's happened to me once already and the new champ select has only been out for two weeks. I'm not in Supreme Marble Columns Challenger tier but I have a pretty excellent winrate with Yasuo. I have played him more than any other champion and I know how to not feed with him. By my teammate banning him, he just made us less likely to win the game because I am then forced to play a champion I am less familiar with.

also he establishes a precedent for me to hate his guts before champ select is even over.

I didn't play Yasuo over and over and over again to learn how to play him properly just so my teammates could troll me and ban him. I have literally never had an Azir do well on my team and I STILL don't ban Azir when my teammate selects him as their intended pick because it's a dick move.

I mean, yes, I can play Annie if someone on my team is a jerk and bans Yasuo when I intend to play him, but I didn't log into League to play Annie, I find her excruciatingly boring to play.

My sodium aside, here's what you should do: ask the person who chose Yasuo as the champ they want to play if they own the PROJECT: Yasuo skin. If the answer is yes, that's when you ban Yasuo, because 99% of the time, PROJECT: Yasuos feed.

Newt

It's like the Draven system.

Soul Reaver Draven - Good at the champ
Gladiator Draven - Shit at the champ
Primetime Draven - Asshole
Pool Party Draven - (Don't buy this skin pls)

I have play Soul Reaver and Primetime.

I mean, the incentive to support is the same as the incentive to do any other role -- if you're good at it, you win more games.

GAFfers have posted before that support is less popular at low elo and more popular at higher elo. It doesn't really sound like support is just not fun to do, it sounds like it's just harder.

Well, support is the role who get less money, dying a lot to save your teammates or putting wards and lower ranking if your teammates are bad.

Also you cant get that flashy wing icon when you get consecutive assist in a row without dying compared to the other lanes who can get that icon by killing.

patchday

As a Yasuo main, if you do this:

TdYpAkv.jpg

It's happened to me once already and the new champ select has only been out for two weeks. I'm not in Supreme Marble Columns Challenger tier but I have a pretty excellent winrate with Yasuo. I have played him more than any other champion and I know how to not feed with him. By my teammate banning him, he just made us less likely to win the game because I am then forced to play a champion I am less familiar with.

also he establishes a precedent for me to hate his guts before champ select is even over.

I didn't play Yasuo over and over and over again to learn how to play him properly just so my teammates could troll me and ban him. I have literally never had an Azir do well on my team and I STILL don't ban Azir when my teammate selects him as their intended pick because it's a dick move.

I mean, yes, I can play Annie if someone on my team is a jerk and bans Yasuo when I intend to play him, but I didn't log into League to play Annie, I find her excruciatingly boring to play.

My sodium aside, here's what you should do: ask the person who chose Yasuo as the champ they want to play if they own the PROJECT: Yasuo skin. If the answer is yes, that's when you ban Yasuo, because 99% of the time, PROJECT: Yasuos feed.

I bet you're not in bronze tho right? I'm a low elo player. If I see Vayne or Yasuo being choose I'm gonna get tempted to look that teammate up. If I see a pattern of disaster, noobery, and feeding I'm gonna bail cause I know I'm no Faker. I cant carry like that lol

(but ya I would've banned his choice too tho)

I bet you're not in bronze tho right? I'm a low elo player. If I see Vayne or Yasuo being choose I'm gonna get tempted to look that teammate up. If I see a pattern of disaster, noobery, and feeding I'm gonna bail cause I know I'm no Faker. I cant carry like that lol

(but ya I would've banned his choice too tho)

High Silver/low Gold here. I guess if you're in Bronze you have good reason to ban them :p

pigeon

Banned
High Silver/low Gold here. I guess if you're in Bronze you have good reason to ban them :p

Because the guy in Bronze who plays Yasuo a lot is going to be way better on another champ after you tilt him.

Banning your own team is a double play, you waste a ban and piss off your teammate.

Neol

Even in gold and plat the sight of seeing a Vayne, Zed or Yasuo in your team always makes you reconsider if playing this is even worth it.

Riven is getting up there too.

Vayne System (from my experience):

Vindicator- nobody has this skin
Aristocrat Vayne- you're already dead
Dragonslayer Vayne- short fuse, ready to cuss you out to oblivion
Heartseeker Vayne- casual ADC main
SKT T1 Vayne- Platinum ADC main who is mad at the world
Arclight Vayne- someone forced to play ADC

JulianImp

Except I always communicate when picking and banning (unlike 99% of my queue partners), so I won't ban Yas without saying a thing if a teammate picks him for mid. Then again, people at my rank (high bronze/low silver) rarely show any traces of that thing people call "communication".

The one time the team decided to ban Yasuo to prevent our mid from picking him was because pre-game chat made it obvious he wasn going to suck, and people at my rank tend to all suck with Yas unlike, say, Lee Sin, who often ends up having a decent to good player controlling him (there're still crappy ones and mid Lees, but they aren't as common).

If I had to list champions I'm unhappy to see on my team, from my limited experience I'd go for Yasuo and Rengar. On the other hand, I've had more good results than bad ones when the team's jungler is either Shaco (with ignite) or Lee Sin.

Talents

Banned
Also is something wrong with normal dynamic queue? Everytime I play I keep going against Golds, Silvers and Bronze players. Literally don't think I've went against a diamond since the new queue was added.

patchday

Won my match. This yasuo I just played with was definitely 'one of the good ones'.

[edit] To elaborate- When we needed help on bot he came swooping in like muthafreakin Batman and pulled our butts out of the fire

JulianImp

Won my match. This yasuo I just played with was definitely 'one of the good ones'.

Yeah, looks decent enough. The enemy team apparently had a decent Ez, but your team got fed from their top, support and jungler.

That reminds me I hate games which are decided by which team has feeders that refuse to play more conservatively, resulting in them turning their lane foe into a roaming monstrosity that just wrecks the whole enemy team by themselves. I find that kind of game really boring redardless of whether I'm on the winning or the losing side.

Except I always communicate when picking and banning (unlike 99% of my queue partners), so I won't ban Yas without saying a thing if a teammate picks him for mid. Then again, people at my rank (high bronze/low silver) rarely show any traces of that thing people call "communication".

The one time the team decided to ban Yasuo to prevent our mid from picking him was because pre-game chat made it obvious he wasn going to suck, and people at my rank tend to all suck with Yas unlike, say, Lee Sin, who often ends up having a decent to good player controlling him (there're still crappy ones and mid Lees, but they aren't as common).

If I had to list champions I'm unhappy to see on my team, from my limited experience I'd go for Yasuo and Rengar. On the other hand, I've had more good results than bad ones when the team's jungler is either Shaco (with ignite) or Lee Sin.

You're unhappy to have a Rengar on your team? He's super strong right now, and doesn't take much skill to play properly. I hate having Lee Sins on my team because they usually take all of the kills and then, once early-mid game is over and they fall off and become useless, all of our gold was on him and the rest of us are useless too.

About games that are determined by feeders.. that literally just happened to me. I had a Cho'Gath versus a Garen and he just kept fighting him even after he lost three times. I told him to play safe but he wouldn't listen.

Admittedly I was playing Yasuo jungle (this was a normal for fun, not a ranked) but still.

Balthuk

Played a game of ap ez mid. He seemed super strong. Was laning against kassa who is considered a hard matchup as he can probably beat you on trades. Won and won hard. I have a lot of experience with ez but mainly ad. I might have found my midlaner, since I haven't played ap anything since I came back to lol (before preseason s6 rolled out)

Another magical experience I had was my first game with new Shen in top lane against a Renekton who trash-talked the shit out of me in all-chat saying things like "u new to top lane?" "cuz ur playing like it lol" and bragging about how much better he was than me.

His main point was that he was out-CSing me, but he wouldn't hear it when I told him CS wasn't everything in winning a lane and that I was doing the right thing by playing safely and only taking easy CS because Renekton is a massive lane bully and I would just die if I tried to CS like he was. The funny part was, every time he went in on me, I would win the trade. The only reason he got any kills at all was when his Jarvan came and ganked for him; he was incapable of doing anything on his own. I went on to go 7-2 and win that game and he went something like 2-6 and lost. In post-game chat, I said "That's what you get for bragging in all-chat" to which he responded "lol ur shit at top dude".

Pretty sure I'm not shit if I did three times better than you as a tank and won the game, while you had a 0.3 K/D ratio as a fighter and lost.

I should try not to let these things get to me, but they do. Fortunately I have the self-control not to say anything toxic during the game, so I'm proud of that. Never once been banned for bad behavior.

patchday

hmm let's see my toplane roster

i've got like

sion

and lizzy and lulu i guess

and that's it

that's pretty alright, maybe i should play a bit of poppy just to have one more champion

I was bout to ask something stupid. I was gonna say, "Why not Shen? Gnar?"

Then I realized this is zyklon :)

Yeah not sure what top laners you might like. What bout um.... Hm... Yeah... I got nothing

Surprised you got Sion. I just figured he didn't have enough swagger for ya

[edit] Yeah go with Poppy. She been a hit at LCS this season as I'm sure you know :)

Played a game of ap ez mid. He seemed super strong. Was laning against kassa who is considered a hard matchup as he can probably beat you on trades. Won and won hard. I have a lot of experience with ez but mainly ad. I might have found my midlaner, since I haven't played ap anything since I came back to lol (before preseason s6 rolled out)
He is good but he doesnt have that much wave clear and can be pushed into and lose alot of farm and making it hard for him to that much.

patchday

Yeah, looks decent enough. The enemy team apparently had a decent Ez, but your team got fed from their top, support and jungler.

That reminds me I hate games which are decided by which team has feeders that refuse to play more conservatively, resulting in them turning their lane foe into a roaming monstrosity that just wrecks the whole enemy team by themselves. I find that kind of game really boring redardless of whether I'm on the winning or the losing side.

Initially when I saw illaio on bot I panicked even tho I know how to deal with her (from spending a lot of time playing as her). But my ADC would run away when she grabbed his ghost and would get cursed everytime. One time she yanked my spirit out but I stood my ground and we killed her.

But it was all good. I really enjoy what Nami brings to the table

JulianImp

You're unhappy to have a Rengar on your team? He's super strong right now, and doesn't take much skill to play properly. I hate having Lee Sins on my team because they usually take all of the kills and then, once early-mid game is over and they fall off and become useless, all of our gold was on him and the rest of us are useless too.

About games that are determined by feeders.. that literally just happened to me. I had a Cho'Gath versus a Garen and he just kept fighting him even after he lost three times. I told him to play safe but he wouldn't listen.

Admittedly I was playing Yasuo jungle (this was a normal for fun, not a ranked) but still.

While enemy Rengars have sometimes been a real pain, allied ones have often been really underwhelming. On the other hand Lees I see tend to jump all over the place with his skills and landing cool set-ups or kills with them, and have often been a lot more reliable than mr. predator kitty.

patchday

Sightstones are optional in silver and below for real? I always grab that first. Guess I'll keep on doing so but thats good to know

Sightstones are optional in silver and below for real? I always grab that first. Guess I'll keep on doing so but thats good to know

He was making a passive aggressive and totally deserved jab at supports who don't buy sightstone/a vision item in the lower tiers of ranked.

Please continue buying sightstone, you're doing it right to buy it first.

i cant count on every appendage on my body how many times I've seen jax get dumpstered in lane , come back with rageblade and gets to stomp. why is this thing still in game i n this state?

pigeon

Banned
i cant count on every appendage on my body how many times I've seen jax get dumpstered in lane , come back with rageblade and gets to stomp. why is this thing still in game i n this state?

I mean, it's called scaling? Lots of champions have it to a different amount? If getting stomped in lane meant you would never make it to relevance, then nobody would ever play late-game champs. When you're winning you have to go get objectives and otherwise use your power advantage to create game state advantage.

I know what scaling is but you know something is wrong when getting that one item amounts to you stomping anyone in your path. Also how do I delete posts? I didn't double post on purpose.

JulianImp

So I just played a really fun game, and it all boiled down to our Zed feeding pretty badly but having a fun attitude while none of us ever flamed him. He died all the time, and the one time he survived a small skirmish Lux's ult came out of nowhere and killed him.

That one event was the detonator that brought the shenanigans to allchat, and in no time the enemy Lux and Vi joined in on the fun (while still playing well). We had enough of an advantage due to their support Thresh being AFK since the start of the match that we still won in the end (without it becoming an overwhelming advantage until the mid-late game), but it was really refreshing to see so many people not flaming each other or taunting others for a change.

I just wish matches were more like this and less of an all-out flame war, that way I wouldn't even be annoyed of losing. On the other hand, a couple days ago I was paired with an adc Jinx who got so mad at me not using Naut's Qs as often as she thought I should've that she flamed me the whole game, which made me just not care about it anymore and stop even trying (I really ought to silence people faster when they show signs of toxic beavior).

Hard

Banned
I hate laning against Nasus as Renekton. No matter how hard I shit on him in lane (3 kills!), he always just stacks a ton of armor and comes back. It's like a time bomb waiting to explode on my team.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's like the Draven system.

Soul Reaver Draven - Good at the champ
Gladiator Draven - Shit at the champ
Primetime Draven - Asshole
Pool Party Draven - (Don't buy this skin pls)

I have play Soul Reaver and Primetime.
hmm whats the lux systemm :>

Even in gold and plat the sight of seeing a Vayne, Zed or Yasuo in your team always makes you reconsider if playing this is even worth it.

Riven is getting up there too.
100% of the times i'll sigh at seeing zed or yasuo in my team

maybe someone at like d3 or something

I was bout to ask something stupid. I was gonna say, "Why not Shen? Gnar?"

Yeah not sure what top laners you might like. What bout um.... Hm... Yeah... I got nothing
yeah idk who else. i thought i'd like gnar so i bought him a long time ago but i tried him a couple times and hated how mini gnar felt

something about the missile speed of those boomerangs made it really hard for me to cs and so i was like fuck that, another 6300 down the drain lol

Then I realized this is zyklon :)
u mean zkylon

Surprised you got Sion. I just figured he didn't have enough swagger for ya
swagger? whats u mean :p

i like sion cos all his spells have a fun hook to them and he has tons of "skillshots" (missable abilities, at least) and they're all just really satisfying to use. his q and w have like a very visceral feeling to them and the e and ult are very goofy which i appreciate a whole lot

[edit] Yeah go with Poppy. She been a hit at LCS this season as I'm sure you know :)
i really enjoyed poopy in lane when i played her but had a lot of trouble transitioning to teamfights so in the end felt like she wasn't gonna be for me.

but ppl figured out the iceborn gauntled thing so maybe i should try her again

noooo

don't trust ghost

personally as support i don't finish sighstone first, i'm more like upgrade support item to tier 2 and get regular boots and a pink on first back and then on the next one see if it's worth it to get sighstone or just finish up the support item

Calvero

Banned
I opened up the Lunar Sales Pack and had a discount on the High Noon Yasuo skin, but when I logged in today I had to reopen one and High Noon Yasuo was replaced :(

JulianImp

I opened up the Lunar Sales Pack and had a discount on the High Noon Yasuo skin, but when I logged in today I had to reopen one and High Noon Yasuo was replaced :(

I think Riot re-rolled all sales people got that were part of the announced monthly sales for February for entirely new ones. Since I'm mentioning the sale, I've got to say that I'm really happy with blackthorn Morgana after getting her in this sale. The thorns and dead leaves/petal particles look great, and her death animation's really neat as well.

One small thing the dynamic que could use is a thing that tells you who has first pick/ban when your doing the "letting your team know your pick" phase. Unless there is a sign?

Top Bottom