• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

Akali is still good, she is just sooo bad early game. They absolutely stomped on her early game.

Doesn't help that pinks are like 20 cents.

can you elaborate on this term? You mean that pink wards cost 75?

(I nthink I get it- makes it hard for her to gank)

garath

First placement match and I'm Ekko jungle against a rengar, malphite and lux so far. Am I already dead?

My team has a Yorick top. oh dear.

patchday

gl. Are you on NA? I been wanting to make an effort to watch gaffers play more so I can learn and maybe even ask questions later

(maybe I already added you buyt remind me your name again?)

pigeon

Banned
Akali also has a unique itemization problem (in addition to the conventional assassin itemization problem) because she was always itemized hybrid but the strongest hybrid item (Rageblade) expects you to auto a lot, and she just doesn't auto that much because assassin.

garath

Wow I played horrible. Like really really bad.

Deserved that loss. I did nothing to carry the game. Despite the bad teamcomp we could have won if I played better.

And I get mid for my next one. What. Dammit.

Ekko looks so fun but I've never seen him on free rotation :((((

Ekko is awesome. So much fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm gonna start putting like top lane as a secondary cos this system is stupid and it's impossible to get mid if you have supp as your secondary

garath

sigh. 0-2 placements already. It's not just that I'm not carrying the game, people are just playing weird stuff. Who plays Yorick anymore? And why did I get mid. Ugh. Just give me jungle every time dammit.

Ken

Wow new poppy is cute.

Rip og lollipoppy splash though

ooaiHVJ.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
3NlHesU.png

idk how i got s+ if i died this much but tbh i prevented these idiots from throwing the game so many times i deserve it

3-3, 4 out of those i got support

absolutely shit

i can tell my elo went to shit from those first few losses once the blue trinkets started disappearing

edit: wtf was that leblanc building lmao

Is it really an issue of the queue or (relatively speaking) no one wants to support?
i mean, sure, but also the system is balanced in a way that u have like literally 5s queue if you put support as your secondary

like hey, i get ya, if we're all gonna have 5 minute queues to get our position that'd be sucky but at least give it like 30s

drawkcaB

I'm done queuing up as jungle/support. The idea that it prioritizes the first selected role is complete crap, and I'm pretty sure it's because it's giving preferred positions to grouped up players. Fuck this, I'm done. Only had jungle 2 out of 7 times I've tried dynamic queue and the last match was this fucking slug fest. Jungle/Top from here on out. I love support, but I really, really need to sort out my jungle pool for S6 before I finally head into ranked. I want to practice a few of my top picks anyways.

DRE Fei

If you put support as secondary you will get support

If you put fill anywhere in your selection you will get support.

Based on old team builder it was clear that this would happen.

Bacon

Yeah if you put fill or supp as your secondary role you are pretty much gonna get support the majority of the time

Yup what he said ^

drawkcaB

Don't get me wrong, it's totally my fault. I put some stock in what RiotLyte and his team would happen and got burned again. Full of shit motherfucker.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love dynamic queue, but there are definitely some tweaks to be made. First is a "I really want to play this" option, for lack of a better word - longer queue times to guarantee you get the role you want.

Also for those that fill, a "fill every role but ___" would be nice too. Sometimes I don't care playing top/jung/adc/mid but I can't stand support.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm done queuing up as jungle/support. The idea that it prioritizes the first selected role is complete crap, and I'm pretty sure it's because it's giving preferred positions to grouped up players. Fuck this, I'm done. Only had jungle 2 out of 7 times I've tried dynamic queue and the last match was this fucking slug fest. Jungle/Top from here on out. I love support, but I really, really need to sort out my jungle pool for S6 before I finally head into ranked. I want to practice a few of my top picks anyways.

pretty much

i really wish primary meant something, but clearly the system is designed in such a way to fuck you over if u want mid

i guess i'll have to put on adc or top and see how often do i get mid there. if it's like very often with the occasional feeding on adc or top then i guess i'm cool with that

terrible system

it's not a terrible system but it has its flaws for sure

what they need to do is make it so you can pick one role and they can put a little notification saying "you can choose one role, but it may take longer to find a match."

nothing will change the fact that mid is a super-popular lane, there's no magical solution to that.

here's how you get to play mid with the greatest likelihood in the new system: mid primary, top secondary. it works for me, I get mid a good portion of the time.

drawkcaB

Are they even giving extra IP to players who queue for less popular roles? 'Cause if they are, hey, thanks for the extra 3 IP or whatever the fuck Riot. Cheap assholes.

what they need to do is make it so you can pick one role and they can put a little notification saying "you can choose one role, but it may take longer to find a match."

Giving player this option would create another problem. Might as well never have gotten rid of teambuilder.

I'd rather the system track how often you get your preferred role. Let it automatically recognize that "Hey, you're queuing for X but you've gotten Y an unacceptable amount of time in your recent matches. We're going to guarantee your preferred role until you get your preferred role over 50% in your last 10 or so matches." Or let you refuse your role and put you back into queue without the dodge penalty if you haven't gotten your preferred role much in your recent history.

Honestly, I'm not asking to get 90% jungle when I queue jungle/support. I recognize there's a demand for supports out there - I'm not an idiot - and I'm totally happy with a 60/40% split or so between the two. Less than ~30% for jungling is fucking ridiculous.

Holy cow I really like the new Shen. I've only had a couple games on him, but he seems pretty dang good in lane against melee laners. I haven't had a chance to try him against a ranged laner, but the few seconds of dodge is really nice if you can trade in the middle of a minion wave with taunt and then back out. He also does more damage than I expected early on. Not a lot, but more than a wet noodle.

patchday

thought it was gonna be less garbage

you get turned into a support main against your will

what a shitty system

yeah I agree with you its really broken. Just let people select their primary role and just display a warning:

"HEY YOU SELECTED MID!!! ETA 10 mins!!!"

[edit] I'll still take it over the old system though.

The reason you're supposed to pick two roles is so ranked doesn't hit a snag. Team Builder was a separate, blind pick queue so if someone needs to wait an hour to get a game in who cares, but if ranked starts taking forever because there's no supports and too many mids then it becomes a problem.

Pick two roles you actually enjoy and roll with that.

zkylon

zkylewd
adding all those other options would just be problematic, the game is already complicated enough as it is

i got mid a whole lot more on the previous system, so i'm gonna say this is much worse for me

this needs a whole lot of fine tuning

ratio should be 70% primary, 30% secondary, or 60-40 at worst

that's what primary and secondary means

wtf rito

The reason you're supposed to pick two roles is so ranked doesn't hit a snag. Team Builder was a separate, blind pick queue so if someone needs to wait an hour to get a game in who cares, but if ranked starts taking forever because there's no supports and too many mids then it becomes a problem.

i've gone 4/6 games as support and i've had about 5 dodges all in which i was assigned support

i enjoy playing support, but i want to play mid ffs

it probably doesn't help that ppl are going adc+mid or whatever and inflating mid numbers to the point you can't ever get it

basically this system is absolute garbage if you're soloing, you have to dynamic queue so that you have some chance of playing mid

meh

pigeon

Banned
yeah I agree with you its really broken. Just let people select their primary role and just display a warning:

"HEY YOU SELECTED MID!!! ETA 10 mins!!!"

[edit] I'll still take it over the old system though.

If it were possible to only pick one role, it would be optimal for rank climbing and so it would become the norm and make the whole system take longer for everyone.

drawkcaB

C'mon man, you honestly think you've written something people aren't aware of?

The problem isn't picking two roles you actually enjoy. It's about getting the one you enjoy more more often. If that second role happens to be support, then support may as well be your primary.

I'm being penalized because too many people in this dumbass community of millions of players can't wrap their heads around support being an awesome role.

C'mon man, you honestly think you've written something people aren't aware of?

The problem isn't picking two roles you actually enjoy. It's about getting the one you enjoy more more often. If that second role happens to be support, then support may as well be your primary.

I'm being penalized because too many people in this dumbass community of millions of players can't wrap their heads around support being an awesome role.

"dumbass community" isn't a fair label just because most of the players would rather do damage and fight people instead of sitting in a lane taking care of another player.

Newt

Yeah, this game reminded me of how much I hate Xin. I lacerate this cowardly ass Ezreal and good for nothing Nami in lane with Blitz, but this Xin starting healing all my damage in fights. Finally I got mortal reminder and those axes dug deep.

"dumbass community" isn't a fair label just because most of the players would rather do damage and fight people instead of sitting in a lane taking care of another player.
That doesn't really describe optimal support play though. It's like saying ADC just farms all game until they can get 10 minutes of actual doing something. If anything, ADC is the least interactive role botlane.

I'm fully away that supports do more than "babysit" ADCs. I didn't mean to start that whole conversation again. I know what good support players can do in terms of snowballing lanes and what not.

What I meant was that when you take all of the common supports- Thresh, Janna, Nami, Leona, Alistar, and compare them to champions like Zed, Fiora, Lee Sin, Rengar,
Yasuo
, Katarina, etc, most of the community would rather be playing those kinds of champions instead of supporting- which was why I said that that I don't think it's fair to call the community dumb just because people want to fight and do damage.

sleepykyo

If it is such an awesome role by your own admission you're aren't being penalized.

I read this as "they'd rather sit around and farm than force fights and make plays."

I'm reading it as Riot needs to reevaluate the support role or provides incentives to support/fill.

Luigi87

As someone who roles Mid/Top or Top/Mid, I love the Dynamic Queue <_<
And I thought it would be vastly expected that choosing Fill would automatically make you a Support 90% of the time.

Top Bottom