• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Hard

Banned
All Duskblade is gonna do is make a couple champions stupid and get them nerfed beyond repair

Talon is going to be so much fun to abuse.

hmm whats the lux systemm :>

Classic - ♪ going ♪
Spellthief - ♪ going ♪
Sorceress - ♪ going ♪
Commando - ♪ going ♪
Imperial - ♪ going ♪
Steel Legion - ♪ going ♪
Star Guardian - ♪ going ♪

Yeah, looks decent enough. The enemy team apparently had a decent Ez, but your team got fed from their top, support and jungler.

That reminds me I hate games which are decided by which team has feeders that refuse to play more conservatively, resulting in them turning their lane foe into a roaming monstrosity that just wrecks the whole enemy team by themselves. I find that kind of game really boring redardless of whether I'm on the winning or the losing side.

I just had one of those tonight.

That Ahri and Trist did ... SOMETHING in the jg that allowed them to hit level 2 super fast and she blasted me down for first blood. I'm like " ... OK, IDK how she hit level 2 so fast buuuut Imma have to play like a bitch now until I feel strong". JG ganked her right after that though.

She was so tunneled on being super aggro she would tower dive without minions pushing against me. She used her level advantage to go all in on me in the middle of the lane, I run back past my tower ... she's taking tower hits and ends up dead between the 2 mid lane towers as I get away with just a tiny bit of health (Might be BM but I walked right next to her body and Backed ...). She does this twice. This allowed me to get more CS and gold ... so once I hit a good power spike I'm able to take her down 1v1 AND tower dive her.

Hell, I was their prime target at the end of the game. It took their whole team to take me down the 3rd time I died. I'm not even sure how I became 2 levels above everyone on my team or how everyone on my team is at least 1 level above them. The end was redic, I could just Q->R into their group and W as I AA their beefy Dunker Dude ... they would all try to kill me as MF unloads her Ult and I still walk out free as a bird.

I just had one of those tonight.

That Ahri and Trist did ... SOMETHING in the jg that allowed them to hit level 2 super fast and she blasted me down for first blood. I'm like " ... OK, IDK how she hit level 2 so fast buuuut Imma have to play like a bitch now until I feel strong". JG ganked her right after that though.

She was so tunneled on being super aggro she would tower dive without minions pushing against me. She used her level advantage to go all in on me in the middle of the lane, I run back past my tower ... she's taking tower hits and ends up dead between the 2 mid lane towers as I get away with just a tiny bit of health (Might be BM but I walked right next to her body and Backed ...). She does this twice. This allowed me to get more CS and gold ... so once I hit a good power spike I'm able to take her down 1v1 AND tower dive her.

Hell, I was their prime target at the end of the game. It took their whole team to take me down the 3rd time I died. I'm not even sure how I became 2 levels above everyone on my team or how everyone on my team is at least 1 level above them. The end was redic, I could just Q->R into their group and W as I AA their beefy Dunker Dude ... they would all try to kill me as MF unloads her Ult and I still walk out free as a bird.

They would have just killed golems to get level 2. I'm assuming that they were blue side?

It's been a while since I'd seen a Jayce. Almost forgot how much they're like Riven, Zed and Yasuo players.

Edit:
Code:
You are now in a chat room with your full champion select team.
alltheducks joined the room.
Griswoold joined the room.
INC Wolfërino joined the room.
kitkat6916 joined the room.
kitkat6916 : hi, i'll just go afk, enjoy the 4v5 its ur turn this time, gl hf
Griswoold : ??

Nekofrog

Banned
It's been a while since I'd seen a Jayce. Almost forgot how much they're like Riven, Zed and Yasuo players.

Edit:
Code:

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=982691

I don't speak French mate.

Edit: Now I see it. Holy shit - and he's still playing? #tribunalthings #riotlyte #rankedlivesmatter

RitoCosty, go Mafia Graves on this guy:
untitledjvlp8.png

patchday

^^ Crazy

So think I figured out the queue for ranked. To gurantee support role I will primary support / secondary mid.

I think Jungler is a bit too critical of a role for early game and not confident I can help win lanes right now. but with time I'm sure my skills will grow.

Mage seems easier esp with simply heroes like Ahri :)

but according to my calculations I shouldfnt ever get tossed mid anyway so I should be good

Edwardo

I've only played 8 placement games so far, choosing fill every time. It's a small set of games to go off of, but I like how spread out it's been for me.

1 Top
2 Jungle
0 Mid
2 ADC
3 Support

So has anyone considered that the reason mid is so hard to get is because everyone is using it to force their primary roles, causing an unusually high saturation of mids queued?
I mean mid was already popular, but there's probably a whole magnitude more people queuing for it than if they allowed people to only pick a single role.

pigeon

Banned
One small thing the dynamic que could use is a thing that tells you who has first pick/ban when your doing the "letting your team know your pick" phase. Unless there is a sign?

When the little map pops, your role pings will appear either on blue side or red side of the lanes/jungle. Blue side has first pick and ban obviously.

It could be a little more obvious (like, say, with colors instead of just being shifted over by a few centimeters).

Luigi87

So has anyone considered that the reason mid is so hard to get is because everyone is using it to force their primary roles, causing an unusually high saturation of mids queued?
I mean mid was already popular, but there's probably a whole magnitude more people queuing for it than if they allowed people to only pick a single role.

Possibly. All last week I was queuing Mid/Top and Top/Mid and getting an even split.

Since yesterday doing Mid/Top I am always Top.

Hard

Banned

I'm not even mad. Queued Top/Mid, and got Top the last 8 games in a row. There are already enough Mid players as is.

Edwardo

That could probably be it.

JulianImp

The new voice changer with Japanese VO support is live (in beta, though)! I'm really glad, since I never found how to run the previous one on my Mac.

Gotta say Madoka Lulu's just too good.

Neol

The new voice changer with Japanese VO support is live (in beta, though)! I'm really glad, since I never found how to run the previous one on my Mac.

Gotta say Madoka Lulu's just too good.

The jap VO's are prettyyyyy good.

Didn't change all of them but kept some where I liked a lot. Surprising standouts include Vi since I like her punch scream and Caitlyn with her saying "headoshotto".

zkylon

zkylewd

Edit:
Code:

whoa didn't know we had a code tag in neogaf

Who's the artist? For..research
feversea

zkylon

zkylewd
i like the fact bans are distributed now but why do the last three players get the bans?

shouldn't it be the other way around since there's no pick order anymore

Edwardo

i like the fact bans are distributed now but why do the last three players get the bans?

shouldn't it be the other way around since there's no pick order anymore

I don't think it would matter either way. Maybe it's just to give the bottom three players something to do.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think it would matter either way. Maybe it's just to give the bottom three players something to do.

yeah but like

first two players have to blind pick and also don't get to ban a counter or anything

last player gets to last pick and ban whatever they want

that's not so great

Kenai

That's probably it yea.Since they are further down in the pick order and thus the champ they want has a higher chance of getting picked up by the enemy first, they have the ability to mess with the early pciers in some way and make the call on that.

I wasn't thinking too much about blind either tho. Then again, there's value in seeing if someone down the list (or themselves personally) wants a high % pick target who is also good in multiple roles (like Tahm Kench or Dr. Mundo) cause the enemy team won't necessarily know where they are going, or in some cases there aren't really hard lane counters to the champ (like Janna/Lucian).

pigeon

Banned
I got a Yasuo mid in this champ select. Didn't dodge, just played it out. Right before his pick, the other team floated Azir, then picked Yasuo.

The faithful shall be rewarded.

edit:

me: gl and hf
top: we need the luck
top: and no it won't be fun

Why do you even play this game? This is a NORMAL.

JulianImp

JP Morgana also sounds pretty good, with her laughs being considerably better than in the es_la version. Her use of the imperative "-tamae" is also great, since that's a nuance of the Japanese language that allows her to sound a lot more assertive in an old-fashioned and regal way compared to the same lines spoken in Spanish (and probably English as well).

patchday

I got a Yasuo mid in this champ select. Didn't dodge, just played it out. Right before his pick, the other team floated Azir, then picked Yasuo.

lmao!!!

oh crap I got a yasuo mid again. The last one was great but think I got lucky

and once again I cant ban (and then pretend hey I didnt know u picked yasuo yo)

edit:

Why do you even play this game? This is a NORMAL.

Try hard in normals so that you're good at the game for ranked.

If you go into ranked without ever trying hard in normals, then you're going to suck.

pigeon

Banned
I'll be the first to admit, I try-hard in normals.

Try hard in normals so that you're good at the game for ranked.

If you go into ranked without ever trying hard in normals, then you're going to suck.

It has nothing to do with trying hard. If you're starting the game assuming that you're going to hate the experience of playing it, then something is wrong with your life.

patchday

Wow won with Yasuo as our mid. This time I went Janna cause I got tired of only running Nami.

edit- oh right Yasuo went Top actually

Leezard

Queueing as 3 in plat makes for a good experience. It has taken enough time so that high plat is mostly filled with players who were low diamond last season. It takes a lot for two people to drag everything down.

I should be back in dia in a week or so if I have time to play.

Dynamic queue is really fun.

patchday

0-3 in placements so far.

I really hope I get bronze. It'll be a lot of fun.

I'll be in Bronze too I think. so far only 6 wins out the 9 games I did in placements. Doing my final placement match now. Eager to see where I land in Bronze.

Gonna have to find that rap song by Drake

"Started at the bottom and now we here!!!"

Luigi87

When the game gives you a Lulu with no masteries who feeds incredibly hard by getting caught over, and over... and over...

... Sigh. Just trying to break out of Silver 5 is being tedious.

patchday

oh noes, my adc in this lobby picking Vayne. ugh... us lower elos should really avoid high skill champs like that! gonna check player history watch it's a low KDA with Vayne too

[edit] yayyyyyy talked him out Vayne

edit2 --- Yeah he set off as Ezreal. Made me proud to be his support.

Yep landed in Bronze after going 6 wins and 4 losses. I hear I wouldve had to win all my games to get back to Silver

Top Bottom