• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

swagger? whats u mean :p

i like sion cos all his spells have a fun hook to them and he has tons of "skillshots" (missable abilities, at least) and they're all just really satisfying to use. his q and w have like a very visceral feeling to them and the e and ult are very goofy which i appreciate a whole lot

i really enjoyed poopy in lane when i played her but had a lot of trouble transitioning to teamfights so in the end felt like she wasn't gonna be for me.

but ppl figured out the iceborn gauntled thing so maybe i should try her again

Yeah I need to try Poppy with that build too.

and in regards to sion. I just figured you liked the really good looking characters. Sion just looks like a big giant brutish thing

noooo

don't trust ghost

personally as support i don't finish sighstone first, i'm more like upgrade support item to tier 2 and get regular boots and a pink on first back and then on the next one see if it's worth it to get sighstone or just finish up the support item

Sometimes I do that too.

My last game it felt like I made all the right moves and communicated well with my adc (even in the lobby when I felt that he should pick an easier hero like Ez). Its really tough being support cause if something goes wrong and adc dies they can fall behind

So I'm always being part counselor / mental support / cheerleader.

I think I'm going to go back and revisit the matches I lost and figure out what went wrong. I think the matches where I engaged with my adc and reassured them it was ok they died and rpevented them from tilting we did much better

Newt

This dude thought that he could lock in Nid top and that I would just be okay with that. I gave him two options.
9171946c9e519b97190b7dfeeaf36ee5.png

patchday

er, what two options did you give him?

----

Watching my replay. Thank goodness for websites offering this service. Feels spooky trying to analyze one's own replay looking for defects

patchday

lmao. Yeah I really feel that Nid is kinda weak (at least at my current skill level).

What I mean is I find her leap skill is difficult to use. So compare her leap to Zac's leap or Vi's dash. I can rely on those to get me over obstacles

But Nid... its just tough

And her spear range just feels a bit too restricted now.

All that being said you are much higher elo. I'd expect Nid players to be much better then someone at my skill level

Whenever someone locks in Yas, Nid, Zed etc, the two options they get are dodge or lose.
Doing gods work.

Viktor is really good right now i played a few matches with and every time i was either top damage dealer or second. Only problems is a he takes a little bit to ramp up.

zkylon

zkylewd
went on a ranked winning streak for my last 6 games and finished placements at 7-3

gold 5, i guess at least i skipped the silver->gold promos, so that's nice

i'm not gonna do solo q anymore, i tried mid/top and got top so from now on it's group or nothing, this system is garbage if you're trying to play mid

Yeah I need to try Poppy with that build too.

and in regards to sion. I just figured you liked the really good looking characters. Sion just looks like a big giant brutish thing
idk, i think sion looks fine. his spells have a really chunky feel to them that's really enjoyable his design is ok, nothing amazing, but detailed enough and he's huge so that's kinda cool

i like how poppy looks more tho, i should play more poopy

Viktor is really good right now i played a few matches with and every time i was either top damage dealer or second. Only problems is a he takes a little bit to ramp up.
ehh, viktor is definitely fine but not one i'd say is in a top spot

Yeah i need to play him more with different match ups, with the games being snowbally and ending quicker.
What are good mid laners right now, i need to pick up some for the new season.

Congrats on gold.

zkylon

zkylewd
From what I;ve seen, mid is just super popular in the new queue.
i blame all the dumbos trying to game the system

Yeah i need to play him more with different match ups, with the games being snowbally and ending quicker.
What are good mid laners right now, i need to pick up some for the new season.

Congrats on gold.
ahri, lissandra, corki, lux, lulu

viktor is pretty good but he's really hard to play sometimes

syndra's kind of the same way, she feels pretty good right now but she's still kind of risky

ahri, lissandra, corki, lux, lulu

viktor is pretty good but he's really hard to play sometimes

syndra's kind of the same way, she feels pretty good right now but she's still kind of risky
Ok thank I will probably pick up corki lulu and maybe ahri. Lux i hate and liss i have played and i just don't really get and she want fun to play.

Heh, the dinamic qeue, I have to put Mid if I want to play Jungle because other pick in secondary will put my secondary in priority instead.

Uhhh. so I had about 3500 IP and just bought LeBlanc (3150 IP) and my remaining balance is apparently -2993. Wut.

I got a Luden echo points buff, I didnt bought that item for my jungle

patchday

What site?

I use replay.gg. I just go on the site and copy the link it gives me and copy/paste into a Windows command prompt to view the replay

went on a ranked winning streak for my last 6 games and finished placements at 7-3

gold 5, i guess at least i skipped the silver->gold promos, so that's nice

i'm not gonna do solo q anymore, i tried mid/top and got top so from now on it's group or nothing, this system is garbage if you're trying to play mid

idk, i think sion looks fine. his spells have a really chunky feel to them that's really enjoyable his design is ok, nothing amazing, but detailed enough and he's huge so that's kinda cool

i like how poppy looks more tho, i should play more poopy

nice! so you don't have to worry bout ranked anymore since you'll get the Victor skin for hitting gold.

I dont suppose you're willing to settle for Mid primary / Top secondary? Pretty much any mage can go to Top. As long as the jungler or support goes Tank build you'll still have a frontline. And there's less traffic in top lane too. That's my plan to practice with my mid laners (in Norms)

zkylon

zkylewd
fk u noot

ahri__by_mizonaki-d9pttk1.jpg

Ok thank I will probably pick up corki lulu and maybe ahri. Lux i hate and liss i have played and i just don't really get and she want fun to play.
it's just some suggestions, play whoever u think is fun as ranked is more about being generally good at the game and comfortable with ur champions than chasing the ops (tho u can really get a lot of elo that way)

Nasus > Poppy.

gross

nice! so you don't have to worry bout ranked anymore since you'll get the Victor skin for hitting gold.
yeah i never really worry about that cos at this point getting gold is kind of a trivial thing lol

but with dynamic queue there's almost no point in playing normals these days so i'll just probably see if i can casually get plat that way

I dont suppose you're willing to settle for Mid primary / Top secondary? Pretty much any mage can go to Top. As long as the jungler or support goes Tank build you'll still have a frontline. And there's less traffic in top lane too. That's my plan to practice with my mid laners (in Norms)
i don't like top lane overall, it's not really fun to play a mage top cos if your jungler doesn't know how to dive you're just inevitably gonna push your lane and get ganked. like if i'm sion i can set up the dive pretty easy but if it's up to someone else cos i'm a squishy mage then i don't feel so confident heh

i may try mid/adc and play some kalista and do terrible but have some fun at least, idk

So i played one of my placement matches, i got mid and saw i was going to have to played against yas. I picked cho gath and just shit on everyone i went 10 and 0 is was amazing. Cho is defiantly my mid laner for when im against an assassin.

patchday

yeah i never really worry about that cos at this point getting gold is kind of a trivial thing lol

I envy you.

but with dynamic queue there's almost no point in playing normals these days so i'll just probably see if i can casually get plat that way

i don't like top lane overall, it's not really fun to play a mage top cos if your jungler doesn't know how to dive you're just inevitably gonna push your lane and get ganked. like if i'm sion i can set up the dive pretty easy but if it's up to someone else cos i'm a squishy mage then i don't feel so confident heh

i may try mid/adc and play some kalista and do terrible but have some fun at least, idk

huh I see. you'd know better than me. When I get Top I use Vlad or Shen/Gnar/Malph. I might try Karma / Lissandra top

Newt

In drafting I was telling Ghost not to ban Tahm or Graves because they could only ban one of them. They didn't ban any of them. We got both. So Graves, Janna and Tahm on the same team so already incredibly bullshit. Somehow neither jungler takes smite, so we start the game with duo top, and Aatrox gets level 1 cheesed and forced out of lane super early. Clown Fiesta.

Also, Morg took Fervor LOL.

In drafting I was telling Ghost not to ban Tahm or Graves because they could only ban one of them. They didn't ban any of them. We got both. So Graves, Janna and Tahm on the same team so already incredibly bullshit. Somehow neither jungler takes smite, so we start the game with duo top, and Aatrox gets level 1 cheesed and force out of lane super early. Clown Fiesta.
HOW THE FUCK DO 2 TEAMS BOTH NOT TAKE SMITE????
It is even crazier that your like around plat right, that like a fucking level 10 game not a gold or plat game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Placed in silver iii and have climbed pretty steadily to silver i. The gold dream might be alive boys

It's so nice getting ADC in 90% of my games.

Kenai

You'd think the jngler Udyr who didn't take Smite would be a little more humble but he managed to have no map presence, feed various lanes, and be an asshole as well..Even Spirit Guard, truly the full package deal.

patchday

That feel when you don't play league and instead play a good game like The Witness.

need to try that one. I'd probably be much better if I just focused just on LoL but I cant. but hey I can always make time to watch lol esports at least and play casual

Hard

Banned
Oh man my new Renekton build oh baby

Cleaver / Spirit Visage / Dead Man's / Titanic / Sterak's / Swifties

That passive titanic + Dead Man's passive is nuts.

I had ~4300 health by full item build, meaning in one AA I did 43 (Titanic) + 100 (Dead Man's) + 260 (Base) = 393 damage in one auto.

Let's not forget the empowered second auto cancel. 106 + 260 (Base) = another 366 damage for another auto.

Then throw in the W (which procs on hit 3 times), and the Q and you've got one OP champ. Man, I love Lacoste croc.

patchday

In drafting I was telling Ghost not to ban Tahm or Graves because they could only ban one of them. They didn't ban any of them. We got both. So Graves, Janna and Tahm on the same team so already incredibly bullshit. Somehow neither jungler takes smite, so we start the game with duo top, and Aatrox gets level 1 cheesed and forced out of lane super early. Clown Fiesta.

Also, Morg took Fervor LOL.

ya thats crazy (no smite)!! Its kind of a unique issue to this Moba since they force you to pick summoner spell before entering match. In other mobas I've played you can make your choice dynamically

Currently trying out Smite game. Still in early noob stages but really love how I dont need fucking smite (spell) or runes

Just had a strange Win.

Strange in that it felt like only I and the Shaco actually knew what we were doing. Normally when a match goes like that (where 3 people seem to just be failing their lanes and feeding hard. Hell, where ONE person does that ..) it spells flat doom for my game.

But the enemy team seemed to have their own share of crazy people to. Was mid against the EZ ... he wanted to trade at Level 1 instead of CSing and his hits were like peanuts so I lucked out in that match up. The bear was doing so poorly that he was level 4 as the Zed was level 6. Zed got first blood off him. I had to think if it's worth it to try to help him or just to give up that lane ... but I don't want Zed to be super fed so I tried ganking for him. He ended up being super fed but he didn't become super amazing.

Looked at the Quinn's match history and in the past 20 matches they have only won this and 1 other ...

Such a strange feeling. Even though this is one of the few times I have a tank on my team I still felt that I had to be the one jumping into the fray first because Shaco's a sneaky fuck and the Bear was doing so badly...

This was the first match where I actually used Zhonya's active. Only helped my not give up that last death in the end but I'm grateful for that.

garath

Sounds like everyone is using mid to game the system a bit here and get their priority picks a little more reliably. Sounds like the matchmaking really needs to prioritize primary role selection more.

I actually got mid my second placement game instead of my primary jungle. I was genuinely annoyed. I did not want to play mid in my placements. Sigh. I guess I'll go back to bot being my secondary and get that 75% of the time.

I really like the new queue but the biggest draw was I'd get my role every time. But when a secondary role becomes the primary because of demand, it loses it's luster.

JulianImp

Zhonya is probably my favourite item effect I've tried so far. It's saved my ass so many times.

Yeah, it's definitely a great item active. Spooky ghosts are also a really useful ability in that you can use them to prevent ambushes or chase enemies down as they flee.

On the other hand, I tend to find myself merging my sightstone with my tank support item more often than not since I forget to use the tier 3's active all the time.

Top Bottom