• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

Grats Costy on your permanent position

Champion and skin sale 2/2 - 2/5: https://youtu.be/jUWUPIo0Dn8

My rp is ready for that Tahm sale

Dying to get home and play him.

Guess you got tons of IP saved for him?

I think dynamic queue is a net positive unless

1. You play mid

2. You play with a group with less than 3 people.

Yeah interesting how mid lane is so crazy tough to get.

It's strange, I go Bot/ Mid because I'm trying to improve with Jinx and Diana but often times when I do that I get Mid ... and when I want to use Diana I go Mid/ Bot but get bot.

Anyway, Mid lane seems pretty fun. It was the first lane I picked up because it's the one Annie is used for mostly so it wasn't that hard figuring out what to do. Still gotta get better at roaming as I normally don't leave lane unless I feel I have a really good reason to (Like if the bot lane enemies are LOW but not so low that they feel the need to back right then or if someone isn't there to protect the tower).

I'm gonna try Wukong and Vi mid when ever I get them.

You could play Diana-jungle too

patchday

i'm guessing rito has the data that says that not enough ppl play support so the system needs this secondary crap but tbh i wonder how much longer queue times would be if they removed it

they can compensate by removing the need to lock-in so you don't have to go through like 2 dodges every time you queue lol

yeah if only the secondary option were optional. And they could display a prompt-
"Hey fool! Your estimate wait time for selecting primary only is XXDOOMXX%"

would take more programming on their part. And I think that's the issue. Doesnt directly make riot extra money to give us this system. [edit] Scratch that criticism. See my final point

It sounds the really good cream of the crop were just fine with the old system (like yourself) while us newer players want to just narrow our focus down to two roles to master

(Actually this new system might harm Riot's profits? Since now I'm less likely to purchase new dudes thats not in my two roles)

Kenai

I also am one of the ppl that uses mid as my secondary to boost my chances at my primary (support). While I do have a few champs mid I am good at, I feel my champion pool is too small and my plays mid aren't near as impactful as often as my support plays. If I got mid consistently enough I'd get more practice in and could probably play better, but I guess that's its own little catch-22.

Not offering a secondary wouldn't work because people would only take primary roles if given the option. I'd probably never play anything else but support again.

It sounds the really good cream of the crop were just fine with the old system (like yourself) while us newer players want to just narrow our focus down to two roles to master

(Actually this new system might harm Riot's profits? Since now I'm less likely to purchase new dudes thats not in my two roles)

I doubt it's gonna harm Riot's overall profits. If people do or don't like a champ, it's likely not because of ranked teambuilder. On the contrary, if a person likes a champ enough they may go out of their way to learn it so it's ranked-worthy.

Besides, over 90% of the playerbase is in either Bronze or Silver elo or just doesn't play ranked at all. Yet Riot also clearly pays attention to what works for the higher ranked players as well and tries to accommodate. The system isn't perfect, I am sure there will be improvements (but for now trio-ing is pretty great).

zkylon

zkylewd
reading too much into it, nothing really to do with money

it's much more simple

either:

- it's a matter of tuning the two role system being a viable option to allow everyone to get their desired roles more often than not. as in, if they can tune it to balance it to favor primary for mids and fill/support not making you a support main

- or if not having a secondary is a viable change they can make without rekking queue times

i'm guessing rito will stick with option #1 as long as they can since u can just queue with a bunch of friends of ur same elo and guarantee mid that way and if you're mid and friendless then fuck you :p

also lmao at me being cream of the crop

wat

how do I have the worst taste
rengar fiora quinn yasuo plsssssssssssssss

tho i'll say quinn is alright, specially new quinn

pigeon

Banned
RIot's monetization model is retention-focused. Their DARPU is famously low, it's just that their players stick around for a really long time so eventually they spend money. There are definitely features they do for monetization (mystery gifts, crafting) but when it comes to stuff like champ select their focus is not going to be on immediate ROI, it's going to be on optimal experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i have like 87 ip left

spent it all on name change and random runes lol

maybe would've bought jhin if i hadn't wasted my 30k but i'll get there again, eventually lol

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I have like 50k IP, 11 runepages, every champion and I only play one role haha. IP is the most pointless thing ever.
But you can have so many useless runepages with that amount of ip. Just think of the many energy usage reduction pages you could have for zed.

zkylon

zkylewd
i have 20 and only use hp/lvl cdr/lvl on all mages all the time except against ad then it's flat armor cd/lvl

such a useless waste of ip lol

Newt

i have 20 and only use hp/lvl cdr/lvl on all mages all the time except against ad then it's flat armor cd/lvl

such a useless waste of ip lol
I use this page 90% of the time.
q3L2U14.png

Neol

I honestly feel that they should have another ranked queue in the style of the older one as dynamic queue does hurt a good amount of people who play rank by themselves.

Might be the odd one out here but I liked the whole aspect of calling out your role in champ select as well as working what positions everyone should play. Its another part I felt you needed to be good at to climb the ranks as it shows your adaptability as well as flexibility. I do understand the direction the new queue takes though as they clearly want your rank to reflect on your performance in-game rather then how well you can work it out in champ select and not kill each other over what role/champs everyone wants to play.

Nekofrog

Banned
the thing is, i really like dynamic team builder most of the time

but then you get weird situations last night where we had me/fuzzery/rex, and rex queued for jungle/mid and fuzzery i think bot/jung, and for some reason Rex got mid and Fuzz got jungle, and one of our other picks was jungle primary as well and they didn't get it either

like how do you get 2 jungle primaries and it goes to the secondary role for both of them?

that makes no sense

Newt

I honestly feel that they should have another ranked queue in the style of the older one as dynamic queue does hurt a good amount of people who play rank by themselves.

Might be the odd one out here but I liked the whole aspect of calling out your role in champ select as well as working what positions everyone should play. Its another part I felt you needed to be good at to climb the ranks as it shows your adaptability as well as flexibility. I do understand the direction the new queue takes though as they clearly want your rank to reflect on your performance in-game rather then how well you can work it out in champ select and not kill each other over what role/champs everyone wants to play.
They already announced that they will be releasing a ranked solo queue.

Though Lyte will probably fail to deliver as usual.

pigeon

Banned

I agree a little -- the people who used to "main fill" are basically SOL in the new system, there's no benefit to being the grease for the wheel any more. But I guess the bad experience games where you got like four jungle mains in the same queue were just so bad that they felt like it was worth it. (Also, again, anything that reduces the importance of dodging skill in ranked play is a plus from my perspective.)

zkylon

zkylewd
Faker style
that's kind of all u need

you might want flat mr in some matchups like syndra or maybe brand or something but tbh nowadays it's not that hard to just farm and wait for lvls

ap/lvl is probably pretty good too. you get 60ish ap by lvl 18 and that gets multiplied by dragon buff and deathcap and actually gets to be like 90 ap so which is like 1400g in free stats

by comparison 15% cdr is less than 1200g, there's no item that only gives cdr so it's hard to math it

but cdr is a much more useful stat than ap so i prefer cdr except on lux matchups where i know i can get away with mejais

Neol

I agree a little -- the people who used to "main fill" are basically SOL in the new system, there's no benefit to being the grease for the wheel any more. But I guess the bad experience games where you got like four jungle mains in the same queue were just so bad that they felt like it was worth it. (Also, again, anything that reduces the importance of dodging skill in ranked play is a plus from my perspective.)

Yea I won't deny its probably for the better as trolling and dodging are decreased by a significant amount.

They already announced that they will be releasing a ranked solo queue.

Though Lyte will probably fail to deliver as usual.

Oh didn't know that. It will probably be fineeeeee
After the first 3 weeks

JulianImp

What about star guardian Urgot?

I'm seriously considering getting Urgot for his Giant Enemy Crabgot skin
when it goes on sale again
. I got shoved into playing adc last week while dynamic queue was still down, picked him and didn't carry worth a damn, but I did okay in teamfights by virtue of spamming that Q of his and seeing everyone get the heck away from me whenever I landed an E on them. Getting used to having no confirmation before firing it was weird at first, but it being so cheap mana and cooldown-wise meant I could practice it really often, which is always good since I still suck at landing skillshots.

His ult's just so random, though... why would a resucitated cyborg fat guy who uses poison attacks ever get a place-switching ability in the first place?

Newt

If Urgot was stronger, I would play the shit outta him. He's like blue Ez, but less of a cowardly ass shit.

Nekofrog

Banned
if you guys feel like probably throwing LP away newt and I can show you the legendary urgot support that always wins lane but loses game because bad team loses game for us :D

JulianImp

If Urgot was stronger, I would play the shit outta him. He's like blue Ez, but less of a cowardly ass shit.

He looks too ugly to play on his default skin, though, so it's Crabgot or bust for me.

if you guys feel like probably throwing LP away newt and I can show you the legendary urgot support that always wins lane but loses game because bad team loses game for us :D

Wouldn't that make our teammates dodge faster than upon meeting Yas mids with a 20% champ win rate, though?

jerd

Shen's Q is way harder to hit than i expected. He feels squishier too but I'm assuming I'm just not using his passive well

Newt

Urgot Ez botlane.
He looks too ugly to play on his default skin, though, so it's Crabgot or bust for me.
I've never really thought about it, but I guess I don't care if a champ is ugly. Then again, I do like cool looking skins like Soul Reaver Draven and Aether Wing Kayle.

Neol

Shen's Q is way harder to hit than i expected. He feels squishier too but I'm assuming I'm just not using his passive well

He is squishier but his ability to trade is pretty great.

What I find your supposed to do is land taunt, position yourself so Q will go through them, press W so there autoattacks will miss, hit them three times then walk away. The shield plus the W dodge should leave you having more health then them and at that point its just a matter of rinse and repeat.

The new champion select made the recent bonus IP week awesome for my smurf. I managed to get close to 40,000 IP during the past week and all of that can go towards high costing junglers and top laners that I play instead of having to spend extra IP on other roles and rune pages that tailor to them. I'm only level 25 on it, and I already have the majority of the Tier 3 runes that I need with about 19K left to spend on champions + the IP I get during the last 5 levels. So far, I've only bought Poppy and Eve, but champs like Malphite, Jax, Xin, Amumu, Yi, and Mundo are 1350 or less.

I can spend most of it on the good stuff like Graves, Rengar, Rek'Sai, and Wukong.

sexy skins > cool skins > any rengar skin

Rengar's skin selection is the only thing I hate about the champion. #PROJECTRengar2016

zkylon

zkylewd
let's play the game we were playing with noot last night

which champ do u think u can cosplay best as

i picked fiora cos i have the red hair streak already and i'm a slim person, so spandex would be flattering, mostly

go!

Top Bottom