• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

his design screams immobile midlane ad caster mage, how can you not see that

the only thing holding it back is the weird no waveclear thing
He does not have the range nor the cooldowns to be an immobile mid laner. Mages and assassins alike will eat you for breakfast.

What his kit screams is "you better have a lane partner to make the most out of his kit".

Nekofrog

Banned
You're going to see him played mid in the pro scene, mark my words. I'm always right. You people doubted me when I said vlad was coming back mid last year, when I said varus mid was going to be a thing, and I even called urgot before he popped up last year.

Didn't see Cho coming but it's Cho, that champion and his 1000 true damage nuke can piss off

Leezard

You know your team has a good attitude when this happens

8CWTn1e.png

zkylon

zkylewd
his design screams immobile midlane ad caster mage, how can you not see that

the only thing holding it back is the weird no waveclear thing
you're cray, there's nothing "caster" about him

he maxes q which has autoattack range and relies on killing stuff to deal any meaningful dmg and his w requires setup by allies (which is much easier in a duo lane). his e is like a slow arming trap, i dunno wtf you're smoking lol

bad cc, bad range, bad mobility, bad waveclear how is this guy ever gonna solo lane lol

and if he had good waveclear you'd have gp and i don't think you want that lol

I have yet to see anyone use his ult for anything more than waveclear so i disagree
i've seen his ult used well. we had an all squishies team and he basically left four of us 40% with his ult only

it's kinda broken

sadblob

Tried to play a game, the LAS server is shit. I think it's been 2 or more years since they released it and still has a lot of problems

JulianImp

Tried to play a game, the LAS server is shit. I think it's been 2 or more years since they released it and still has a lot of problems

Yeah, even yesterday I had some heavy packet loss at times, leading to abilities firing up to a second late.

They made a post a couple days ago about doing lots of work on the server infrastructure and connectivity, but that's probably going to take some time.

garath

I actually queued up jungle/bot ranked last night and got jungle. I was thrilled. Let's see if it continues.

Jhin is already 6300? It have a 0% discount right now

That must be a mistake. Will buy him tonight if they keep it like that. Sweet.

First time jhin ranked bot lane coming up.

zkylon

zkylewd
ehh, not so much

it's been rocky since the new champ select but it's had a mostly stable 2015

nothing like it was on launch for sure

still lot of work for them to do, games being randomly decided by the amount of argies vs chiles in every team is pretty dumb

His W has like a 17s cooldown lol.

neko's on drugs lol

Hard

Banned
Doing the tried-and-true method of just spamming one champ out of Bronze. Easy going's so far, 88% WR on Renekton

Is it OK to dodge if I don't get it? Some dude stole my croc, so I had to run Malphite and got wrecked.

pigeon

Banned
ehh, not so much

it's been rocky since the new champ select but it's had a mostly stable 2015

nothing like it was on launch for sure

still lot of work for them to do, games being randomly decided by the amount of argies vs chiles in every team is pretty dumb

Wait, which country is better at League? Or is there a communication problem or something?

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait, which country is better at League? Or is there a communication problem or something?

servers are in chile and argie isps are shit so argies regularly get disconnects

so basically sometimes you're playing and whoops the team with more chiles won cos they're the team with the least afks

Nekofrog

Banned
zky why don't you just transfer your account over to NA since you only get like 100 ping anyway?

our group needs a one trick pony midlaner for ranked

drawkcaB

It's nice to think that in a bit more than a week I won't have to play devourer Xin Zhao. Not sure what to build on him after Warriors though. Ghostblade seems like a good choice as usual but Death's Dance is interesting as well.

garath

Doing the tried-and-true method of just spamming one champ out of Bronze. Easy going's so far, 88% WR on Renekton

Is it OK to dodge if I don't get it? Some dude stole my croc, so I had to run Malphite and got wrecked.

Dodging you lose lp but not MMR. So you'll still get big gains next game if you are on a winning streak. I wouldn't be adverse to losing a little lp to attempt to maximize your winning potential.

Calvero

Banned
15 minutes so far trying to get a ranked match going. What a nightmare.

It's nice to think that in a bit more than a week I won't have to play devourer Xin Zhao. Not sure what to build on him after Warriors though. Ghostblade seems like a good choice as usual but Death's Dance is interesting as well.

What's being changed on him? His W, right?

Fracas

#fuckonami
My teammates already losing their shit because I ban Jhin, rofl

I'm not dealing with that shit in silver. Not for my team or the enemy

garath

My teammates already losing their shit because I ban Jhin, rofl

I'm not dealing with that shit in silver. Not for my team or the enemy

Yeah. I don't even know what I'm going to do with it tonight. I guess ban it if I have the chance.

v8uLFqc.png

first penta in ranked

diana still gud (^:

Also congrats.
I have been telling gaf that she is good right now.

Wait, people think Diana isn't good?

She's like, the only person I can actually play midlane. Really hard for squishies to escape her if they get hit by Crescent.

I've had some success with her. My last game with her was horrible though. Scared me off trying again lol.

What have you been building on her?

AP mid opponent: Abyssal Scepter > Zhonya's > I don't think I've got that far in a game because they've usually surrendered by then. <_<
AD mid opponent: Zhonya's > Abyssal > Read above.

Jungle: AP jungle item. Abyssal. Farm champs for a Zhonya's.

Oh. I guess Nashor's Tooth and Lich Bane are pretty good on her.

Usually just build balls to the wall damage and just keep roaming bot after level 6 for free kills.

Wait, people think Diana isn't good?

She's like, the only person I can actually play midlane. Really hard for squishies to escape her if they get hit by Crescent.
I havent seen her get any play or really anything on her compared to assassins in the mid lane like zed and LB

zkylon

zkylewd
that's sona you dumbo

also sooo pretty

lux1.jpg

zky why don't you just transfer your account over to NA since you only get like 100 ping anyway?

our group needs a one trick pony midlaner for ranked
after watching ghost's tf i'm convinced u do need a midlaner

but wth i'm not a one trick pony

http://las.op.gg/summoner/userName=eo+zkylon

sona got a breast reduction
breasts are a fickle thing

like karma's racial identity or irelia's face, they tend to shift into the shape that better suits them

I havent seen her get any play or really anything on her compared to assassins in the mid lane like zed and LB

I prefer her to LeBlanc because she's easier to play in general and has a much stronger laning phase imo. I also dislike Zed as a pick because he skews your teams damage towards AD and people are already building Armour to counter your ADC. I also feel he falls off a lot faster than Diana does.

Either way, she's sat at around 50% win rate in ranked, so she's definitely not a bad pick in general, statistically speaking.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I've had some success with her. My last game with her was horrible though. Scared me off trying again lol.

What have you been building on her?

Pretty much every big AP item works. I'm a lich + luden fan because it will oneshot ap/ad carries with half a QRRWE combo. Abyssal is great as well for your mpen/mres needs.

I also build Zhonyas tho I don't seem to get much use of the active, maybe I'll try going straight to hat instead. Nashor's is perfect for her but I've been saving it for 5th or 6th item and as such the games are usually over by then.

Get your jungler to give blue every time and after you hit 6 check out overextended top/bots for free gold. Or just be the jungler yourself because she works fantastic in the jungle.

The less she gets picked, the less chance she gets nerfed (^:

Top Bottom