• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

FWIW, if you think of Illaoi as a zone controller, she makes more sense. She's obviously best with some setup, but if your team understands how to play with her, they can just force objectives because you can't fight into Illaoi. You have to kite and do all sorts of awkward shit or she'll blow you up. Taking a random fight where people scatter and no objectives are involved? Yea, that will probably be difficult. But if you're 4 or 5-manning for a tower there really isn't much the enemy can do assuming Illaoi has proper itemization and is properly positioned near the front lines.

Needless to say I wouldn't suggest picking Illaoi into an enemy lineup with 3+ high mobility champs that can kite well. And ideally your team would have at least 1 root. But most enemy comps don't feature 3x mobility champs anyway so usually it's not a big deal.

I'm winning about 70% of my Illaoi games these days and they all feel pretty good; even the losses. That said, I don't mind more buffs at all.

edit: I think they "fix" Illaoi by increasing her W range by 300-400 units. Initiation problem largely solved.
So you want her to have halfscreen point and click dash? lol

So you want her to have halfscreen point and click dash? lol

hulk-leaping-o.gif

How does the new champion select system determine who is AFK regarding the AFK check? I went to grab the mail while the game was counting down to start loading, and I come back to the queue lobby. I locked in my pick and everything, yet it still kicked me.

Riot,

P
L
E
A
S
E

Calvero

Banned
How does the new champion select system determine who is AFK regarding the AFK check? I went to grab the mail while the game was counting down to start loading, and I come back to the queue lobby. I locked in my pick and everything, yet it still kicked me.

Riot,

P
L
E
A
S
E

Are you sure someone didn't dodge and you were put into queue and failed afk check?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
FWIW, if you think of Illaoi as a zone controller, she makes more sense.
Zone control is not that useful with where the game is at right now. Rotate quick and look for picks. Illaoi's ramp up to controlling a zone is also heavily time dependent because of how tentacle spawns work. Illaoi can't really take advantage of teleport to clean up fights. Her split is weak because of mobility problems, and good luck running from most of the junglers getting played right now. Her winrate by game time speaks volumes to how she can contribute to the map if she's and her team aren't snowballing a game. She just can't contribute to team fights very well.

pigeon

Banned
It would also really help Illaoi if, when she teleported in, it spawned a couple of tentacles immediately. Just generally her ramp-up time to get some tentacles out is lengthy and she doesn't have any real way to manipulate it.

garath

woot. S+ Tristana play. Excellent.

w9hfNIo.png

Had another 3k gold on me. Not even sure what I would have bought next. Probably botrk or something.

3 more to finish placements.

Calvero

Banned
Today has been exceptionally annoying on League. I got called a dirty jap twice. And then a "weaboo"
7 game losing streak now. lost every match to a jihn. unistalled

don't uninstall. you'll be back. just take a break. play an aram or a custom. better to just take a break completely and cut yourself off

Sucks to suck (teammates). Buuuuuut...

LJ7Bgno.png

...at least I learned that it is, in fact, possible to get an S+ in a loss. We talked about it before and nobody said they've done it or seen it before, nor had I. Well here we are. I did approximately 3x as much damage as anyone on my team, had almost as many kills as they did combined, and roughly doubling almost everyone's cs count. Literally playing alone.

Doesn't make it feel any better, but an interesting discovery nonetheless.

Quonny

If you care about winning and losing, stop playing after three losses in a row. Even if it's just to go out and make dinner, run to the post office, whatever. Do something else.

Of course, I stopped caring about winning and losing about two years into the game, so /shrug

Ferga

Why do people even keep all chat on?

90% of the time it's just people complaining about their team. Gets in the way of my flash and tp timers.

Quonny

90% of the time it's just people complaining about their team. Gets in the way of my flash and tp timers.

I keep it on because right when the game starts I say something kinda trolly. If I get responses, and not angry try-hard ones, I know it'll be a good game.

Nekofrog

Banned

i already told you about the amazing Jungle Tutorial our shyvana gave in allchat to their Nidalee last night, initiated by the enamy Nidalee who got totally crapped on by Shyvana in counterganks and map presence. I've never seen a losing jungler that eager to learn what they were doing wrong and how to fix it in the middle of the game, and the winning jungler acquiesce and walk them through what was going on in game as it was happening. lol. it was a huge trip.

everytime i saw Shyvana just stop moving for like 6 seconds I knew she was answering Nid's questions lol.

you thought Shy was just being cocky in post game chat, lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah I don't stop till I get a win or my tears keep me from seeing the screen

you can't. you will not win if you keep playing straight through after that many losses. if i ever get 2 in a row i'm pretty much done for at least the rest of that time period (morning/afternoon/evening) if not the day, because my tilt factor goes into overdrive and I become blind to the most obvious things in game due to just being upset

TheFlow

Banned
you can't. you will not win if you keep playing straight through after that many losses. if i ever get 2 in a row i'm pretty much done for at least the rest of that time period (morning/afternoon/evening) if not the day, because my tilt factor goes into overdrive and I become blind to the most obvious things in game due to just being upset
Believe in the dream! I am a gambler

Newt

I personally have had like 10 game loss streaks haha. You're not gonna win on tilt, but the experience will probably make you better after it's over with.

TheFlow

Banned
I personally have had like 10 game loss streaks haha. You're not gonna win on tilt, but the experience will probably make you better after it's over it.
Damn well I got demoted to bronze 2. I need to watch some YouTube videos again to re learn how carry

Hard

Banned
2 losses in a row, and I'm done for the day. By that point, I'm usually mentally exhausted and frustrated, so playing more ranked won't do me any good.

I play some ARAMs, play a different game (Super Mystery Dungeon ATM), do some college work, go work out, something. Playing League on tilt is bad for your health and LP.

Quonny

So I can add fuel to the fire when the enemy team breaks apart and starts bickering on all chat.

How do you do this?

Do you also gang up on the person who is getting blamed or do you shift the blame to someone else and try to embolden the person who is getting blamed by his/her own team?

Bacon

How do you do this?

Do you also gang up on the person who is getting blamed or do you shift the blame to someone else and try to embolden the person who is getting blamed by his/her own team?

Sorry about *enemy champion* guys :/ Seems like they might be intentionally feeding, want me to report?

How do you do this?

You take the side of the person that is doing the worst and make take the opposite side of the main person who is flaming. Also saying that the jungler didnt gank enough will get people angry

Sorry about *enemy champion* guys :/ Seems like they might be intentionally feeding, want me to report?
Damn that is good, i will have to start using that.

How do you do this?

pick whichever you want. target the guy attacking the one being blamed for maximum effectiveness.

"______ (pick feeding enemy player) is actually right. you should have been doing _____ (whatever that player is saying)."

watch the
rage.gif

drawkcaB

RiotScruffy said:
Mechanics like Rek'sai tunnel or Skarner spires put a lot of burden on the other players in the game because they are constantly having to destroy or capture them. We think this was adding more frustration than fun and it's not a scalable design method.

Skarner rework #4 coming up I guess.

Top Bottom