• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

To be fair, you get a message at the start warning you to lock in ban picks and champ picks. -- a warning that comes up every time you start a queue unless you switch it off. You only forget if you're not paying any attention to the game lobby.

It's pretty forgivable atm not only because people are so used to it just locking whatever you have selected when your timer runs out but also because you can't actually look at your champs before you pick, which is pretty important when you're trying to pick for your comp/counter pick. That should be fixed next patch I believe and hopefully people can get used to locking in and it won't be a problem

jerd

Yeah and as someone who tends to take my chances with sketchy looking champ selects, it's totally worth dodging. If it looks bad from the start it's probably going to be bad

subtles

I can't tell you guys the number of times I should have taken the -10 LP for the second dodge rather than slog though a painful experience. A few times last season I've had trolls threaten us from champ select and then run down the lane and suicide.

zkylon

zkylewd
i11699514081.jpg

i can't speak korean but i'm pretty sure she's saying ♪ going ♪

jerd

Probably once every 50-60 or so games I just randomly have to play at 500 ping. I have nothing running in the background, my internet is otherwise fine, restarting the game/client does nothing, and I can immediately queue up again and be at my normal steady 49. Is this a common thing or something that has a fix?

Just finished a game where our Kalista was 4/13, spent 90% of the game splitpushing, and the other 10% trying to 1v4 instead of group with us.

me: "Report Kalista, please."

person on the enemy team: "why?"

I can't stand it when people act clueless when you ask them to report an obvious troll. And then another dude was like "I'm not reporting your ADC because everyone has bad games"

What does having a bad game have to do with a splitpushing, 1v4ing ADC who refuses to group?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuck meeeeeeeeeeee.

zkylon

zkylewd

also art by one of the best league fanartists ever

he doesn't do stuff often but when he does it's like holy shit that fucking coloring

also yeah feversea is cool tho wished she did less nsfw stuff. like nudity i'm cool but full on tentacle is maybe a bit much

Tizoc

Just finished a game where our Kalista was 4/13, spent 90% of the game splitpushing, and the other 10% trying to 1v4 instead of group with us.

I can't stand it when people act clueless when you ask them to report an obvious troll. And then another dude was like "I'm not reporting your ADC because everyone has bad games"

What does having a bad game have to do with a splitpushing, 1v4ing ADC who refuses to group?

Just reply by stating that YOUR adc could end up playing with any one of them
Then see how they like it

tbqh, I spent most of my time deciding if I liked the shaping of the left leg and the wide shape of her head before even noticing the outrageous titties. I guess I'm just a legs and face man.

no sir, I don't like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
fqc->cdr boots->ludens/abyssal is a build i'm liking on a lot of champions, gets you an earlier power spike and has a ton of utility/waveclear but yea, morello abyssal or morello ludens abyssal are the standard builds on her

also you ppl are weird, it's amazing art, really good shading and colors and composition and the anatomy is awesome too (also giant boobs). like that piece is fucking amazing idc what anyone says

Calvero

Banned

the worst :[

Hard

Banned
Man, I got destroyed by a Fiora as Lacoste Croc last night. I should not have played Ranked, considering it was 11 PM and I was pretty jet-lagged from that 10 hour trip back to campus. The thing is, I know how to beat a Fiora in lane, it's actually pretty easy. I've done it many times before. Just engage until she uses the Riposte, and unleash your abilities. It just felt like my mind and my hands just weren't in sync. I was constantly being triggered seeing the W animation and kept wasting my empowered W's and Q's right into it, giving her free trades and kills.

I tilted pretty hard and was probably the sole reason why my team lost, but I deserve it. I guess you need one of those games to knock you off your high horse every know and then. I really want to play again now that I've had some sleep, but I've got a lot of college work to catch up on :^/

spuckthew

I picked up League again last month after an 11-month hiatus, although I've been playing overall since the end of Season 1.

So what's the story with this 'dynamic queue' system in ranked? Is it as simple as being able to invite 1-4 people and you get matched against similarly pre-made comps? Or maybe you can only invite up to 3 and ranked teams is still its own entity? I tried Googling last night but didn't find anything concrete.

Hard

Banned
I picked up League again last month after an 11-month hiatus, although I've been playing overall since the end of Season 1.

So what's the story with this 'dynamic queue' system in ranked? Is it as simple as being able to invite 1-4 people and you get matched against similarly pre-made comps? Or maybe you can only invite up to 3 and ranked teams is still its own entity? I tried Googling last night but didn't find anything concrete.

TL;DR:

- You can invite as many friends as you want

- Queue from 1 - 5 people

- Roles: Top, Jungle, Mid, Bot (ADC), Support, Fill

- Choose a primary and a secondary role

- Normally groups of 4 are matched up against other groups of 4 and so on

- 5v5 Ranked Teams is gone

- Dynamic Queue is the main ladder, but Solo Queue (no groups) will be released later

garath

Basically yeah. Parties of 1-5 can queue and will be matched similarly (well around 90% of the time at least). It has the same ladder system as the old solo queue. There's no more ranked team ladder to my knowledge. I don't pay a lot of attention to ranked team stuff though.

They say they are releasing a solo queue ladder "soon" but it's obvious they are putting their focus into the dynamic queue.

Coupled with the new champ select, I've found the dynamic queue to be OK.

New champ select is the best part. You chose two roles and teams are formed with roles already selected. So you will always get one if those two roles. They have primary and secondary designations but frankly it doesn't seem like primary is heavily weighted. Still a good system though. Quality of games are way up with everyone getting a role they like.

Repgnar

They will be their own thing. Each with their own ladders and rankings.

Is there a link for this? I keep hearing people say that they're waiting for solo queue but I can't find anything on it.

EDIT: NEvermind, found it : http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...n-updates-on-dynamic-ranked-and-your-feedback

"We also heard from some players who prefer to solely measure themselves against all comers. We’re sensitive to any large swath of players feeling like they’re losing their place in League and while we firmly believe in Dynamic Ranked as the future, the game’s social features don’t offer enough support for players looking for like-minded, similarly-skilled players today. Because of this, we’ll launch a new Solo Ranked Queue (no duo’s!) in the coming weeks."

Leezard

Is there a link for this? I keep hearing people say that they're waiting for solo queue but I can't find anything on it.

There's been some info on reddit, if you search there you can probably find it.

There is coming a "true" solo queue where you can't duo. The mmr/leagues/etc is separate from dynamic.

You can still play solo in dynamic queue.

garath

I'll just stick with dynamic. There's little reason not to. In my 10 whole games played, I've found them to be similar quality to old solo/duo queue ranked. I can't speak to the LP gains or losses with or against premades but for a solo player it doesn't seem too bad. It is a little more harsh than last season but don't know if that's dynamic queue or just a conscious change they made for placements. A 7-3 record in previous seasons would have kept me in gold. Instead I'm silver 1. Not the end of the world but it's the first time I've been lower than gold in 3 seasons. That's a definite change.

I have no desire to maintain two ladders and all indications is dynamic queue is the future for riot. I'd rather play it and offer feedback to make it better than support the splitting of the community. Sure it's big enough for the middle tiers but fracturing is bad no matter the size. I still can't believe they gave in.

So this is a game that I played:
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2092740020/37035443?tab=overview

I don't know what the hell the enemy team was thinking, but they had Fizz/Anivia bot, ahri mid, and lissandra top. Easiest lane of my life. What is anivia wall going to do against the combination of lantern and arcane shift? For what it's worth, I don't know if the enemy team was imploding or just having fun, because there wasn't complaining in all chat.

Edit: I just realized our Malz also built Aegis of the Legion. It certainly wasn't a bad buy that game.

Double Edit: I'm almost definitely going to stick with dynamic queue, personally. I like that if I want to group up with 2+ people in ranked that I can. I haven't played enough yet to have really had a negative experience, so that may color my outlook on it as well.

phinious

Yolo queue is where everyone will just troll imo. More incentive to try hard in the queue where your friends might depend on you.

Solo Q will be where I main teemo.

Quonny

Hmm, play a mode with a bunch of people with no friends, on a separate ladder which is coming out 30+ days after people have invested in Dynamic Queue and in no way will count when I want to play with my friends, or play a mode that does let me play with friends and with other people who actually might have friends and has the benefit of being available earlier.

Tough call.

Yolo queue is where everyone will just troll imo. More incentive to try hard in the queue where your friends might depend on you.

Solo Q will be where I main teemo.
Lol
I will still try but im not going to try super hard like i usually do it ranked. I will probably just play like it is a name match and just kinda play champs that i want to play rather than picking the best champ for my team comp and into the enemy laner.

patchday

Yo so even tho lost my two Normal matches as Nidalee jungle I did an epic crap ton better (after watching Challenger vids of Nid). Actually got a positive KDA and we had a shot at winning the second game but our stupid ADC went AFK

Hmm, play a mode with a bunch of people with no friends, on a separate ladder which is coming out 30+ days after people have invested in Dynamic Queue and in no way will count when I want to play with my friends, or play a mode that does let me play with friends and with other people who actually might have friends and has the benefit of being available earlier.

Tough call.

Yeah Riot sabotaged Solo queue on purpose tho. It's 100% BS. Yeah im sure i'd still be in Bronze tho so guess it doesnt matter in the long run lol

Yo so even tho lost my two Normal matches as Nidalee jungle I did an epic crap ton better (after watching Challenger vids of Nid). Actually got a positive KDA and we had a shot at winning the second game but our stupid ADC went AFK
Yeah nid is tough to play but she is alot of fun to play. I usually end up doing ok with her.

Leezard

Tough call.

The people that were really vocal about wanting solo queue should switch to it despite 30+ days later. Dynamic was probably going to happen for the others anyway; being able to play with friends is important to many people.

garath

Lol
I will still try but im not going to try super hard like i usually do it ranked. I will probably just play like it is a name match and just kinda play champs that i want to play rather than picking the best champ for my team comp and into the enemy laner.

That's a good point. It'll be a good environment to try out new champs instead of the horribly imbalanced normal draft. Excellent. No more normal drafts, just play relaxed in solo queue and serious in dynamic.

That's a good point. It'll be a good environment to try out new champs instead of the horribly imbalanced normal draft. Excellent. No more normal drafts, just play relaxed in solo queue and serious in dynamic.
Yeah you still get placed against players that are near your skill level, so it will be nice. I dont think i will really play many normals unless Im playing with people who dont play ranked.

Tizoc

Sigh 3 ranked losses in a row =_=
First our WW decides to gank Brand at mid to help against Zed
At lvl. 5
the fuck
were you going to do WW?

Zed got mega fed and with 30 Armor pen one shot my Zyra among other shit.

2nd game, our Elise forgets smite, starts jungle late, I had to go against a Combo of Kali+Galio, it was not pretty

3rd game our Mid Zed is useless, especially since we were against an AP Udyr, and bot was me and a good Jhin against Lux+MF

Rito pls...

pigeon

Banned

This is actually an interesting post to me, because I love reporting people, but if I were against this ADC I would probably have a similar reaction. Being tilted and making dumb decisions doesn't seem like the same thing as trolling to me. Running off and splitpushing is classic tilting behavior. If she's deliberately feeding, that might be one thing, but it mostly sounds like she just hated you guys.

Also, on the opposing team, it doesn't feel like the player was an "obvious troll," it just feels like you made a good play and caught them when they were doing something stupid.

Wait, how is normal imbalanced? Normal matchmaking uses the exact same MMR system as ranked, it's just hidden and there's no league points.

Top Bottom