• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

garath

Wait, how is normal imbalanced? Normal matchmaking uses the exact same MMR system as ranked, it's just hidden and there's no league points.

Normals often have huge disparity in skill levels. It's a "balanced" MMR but one diamond player queuing with a silver player can and will ruin any semblance of balance. It doesnt matter that the team of all gold MMR guys have the same team MMR as the team with one bronze, one diamond and a couple higher golds. It's going to be a poor game regardless. Chances are the diamond rolls his lane and the bronze guy gets crushed by the gold. Or maybe they are just all screwing around and they all get swept.

Either way, it's not about mmr as much as it is about having a good game with evenly matched opponents. You don't get that often in normals.

patchday

yeah i don't feel the need to report someone just because they play poorly

I am tempted to start. Like- no mastery set? Report. Because what happened was I only had time to play 2 matches this morning. This guy locks Taric mid and has no mastery set. Of course mid gets lost. After that game he queues again and he's my ADC. On that game he goes afk. Wish I reported him the first game like my mind told me.

Now I'm stuck at work fuming how my time got wasted :(

I look forward to solo q but will play dynamic with my fellow gaf bronze warriors

Yay, join me.

You have to be better than some of the people I played with last night. Dear God. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my team keeps throwing constantly and I keep losing.

Newt

Reminds me of the time that me and Ghost got matched up with Darshan in ranked, and he called Ghost Chauster on stream because of his Sona ults :^).

Last night I tried Wukong mid ... they had a strange team comp so I didn't really know who was Mid.

Found out that Brand is a TERRIBLE match up for Wukong :/

Last night I tried Wukong mid ... they had a strange team comp so I didn't really know who was Mid.

Found out that Brand is a TERRIBLE match up for Wukong :/

Anything melee gets shit on by Brand mid, really. His flame pillar's range and aoe are ridiculous. Maybe only a good Yas player can succesfully dance around the pillars. In that sort of lane, ask for your jg to camp. he has no escape and an unreliable stun.

my normal MMR is higher than my ranked MMR lol

also I still don't like ranked. I can tolerate it more in dynamic queue but I get too salty when I play ranked. I'm worried more about ranking up than playing the game.

Talents

Banned
I asked Sneaky last night what he thought pros would play, and he said he didn't know about other pros but he would definitely prefer Solo queue. The only time he would play Dynamic is if the whole team wanted to play it.

Kenai

What's the bot meta like right now? Can I just use Blitz to get me out of Bronze?

Blitz is a pretty solid match up against a lot of champs.

Meta wise for ADCs mobility is still key (so Ez, Lucian, Kalista, Corki, and Trist are all good), plus MF and Vayne are still strong enough to catch up even if behind. MF's ult is REALLY strong and has a great laning phase and Vayne is still Vayne.

Support wise Janna is still top and still as boring as ever to play against. I actually spammed Trundle support (with a sprinkling of Morgana) to get out of Bronze myself duoing with a Kog/Twitch player so my methods were a little unorthodox (Kog is SO stupid good if he makes it out of the laning phase even or better though).

Hard

Banned
I asked Sneaky last night what he thought pros would play, and he said he didn't know about other pros but he would definitely prefer Solo queue. The only time he would play Dynamic is if the whole team wanted to play it.

Seeing the fallout after pros choose a queue to play in will be hilarious, no matter which one.

zkylon

zkylewd
I need one on Sona

artist's famous for this one

s3y2hW7t2ZE3XWKz

Blitz is a pretty solid match up against a lot of champs.

Meta wise for ADCs mobility is still key (so Ez, Lucian, Kalista, Corki, and Trist are all good), plus MF and Vayne are still strong enough to catch up even if behind. MF's ult is REALLY strong and has a great laning phase and Vayne is still Vayne.

Support wise Janna is still top and still as boring as ever to play against. I actually spammed Trundle support (with a sprinkling of Morgana) to get out of Bronze myself duoing with a Kog/Twitch player so my methods were a little unorthodox (Kog is SO stupid good if he makes it out of the laning phase even or better though).

I played a game against Trundle support and he's not bad. His pillar blocked my Zenith Blade which was annoying but the high CD means he can't use it all the time.

Kenai

I played a game against Trundle support and he's not bad. His pillar blocked my Zenith Blade which was annoying but the high CD means he can't use it all the time.

Yea. Once he gets a CDR item or two though it gets pretty low at max rank (8 ish? seconds). And most of his core build has CDR items on it so it gets obnoxious.

Problem is his laning phase is pretty bad against anyone with solid poke. Sona/Zyra/Nami/Lulu/Karma will dump all over him for example unless they get camped by your jungler, even the unorthodox mage supports like Anivia and Ziggs gave me trouble (though we still won a lot of those). Also Lucian and Ez and Vayne can effectively use their mobility to make it far less threatening

He is pretty threatening against most tank supports though, and will heal off harrass of psuedo pokers like Janna and Soraka pretty handily. he also is pretty monstrous if you take a quick trip mid and put a pillar behind em, they usually have to blow Flash running if their mobility isn't good. He also shreds tanks that like to snowball like Darius/Garen/Udyr and messes up pubstomp channelers like MF and Malz and even Lucian if you can catch him. Plus since his moves aren't very flashy a lot of lower elo players don't even know their stats got robbed.

He's not a very good all around pick but he's like Sona in that he hard counters the champs he does counter, and he counters quite a few.

Nekofrog

Banned
zky, for real, some people are at work and things like that ahri fanart really doesn't belong here.

this keeps happening with you. just hotlink it without the image tags and move on. same with sona.

zkylon

zkylewd
A point of clarification: To those of you worried about Xin's new crit mechanic's getting out of control with the already-popular Sated Devourer builds, it's important to note that the crit occurs every third attack, not every third hit. This means Sated's Phantom Hit passive won't let him double down into more crits, so you're better off with regular ol' attack damage and attack speed to make the most of his new Battle Cry.
what's the difference between attack and hit?

does it include spells like xin ult? but how do spells crit then :T

this wording is so fking weird

what's the difference between attack and hit?

does it include spells like xin ult? but how do spells crit then :T

this wording is so fking weird
Attack is the swing that causes the effect while hit is the effect per se.

Take Kayle's E for example, the AoE is an on attack effect while the bonus damage is the on hit part.

I think it's nice for Akali to get some buffs, but once I play against a competent akali I'm sure I'll feel bad for ever saying that.

Watching the game with NB3 I have to say it really justifies every time I ban Rengar.

yep, NB3 Rengar online.

I think it's nice for Akali to get some buffs, but once I play against a competent akali I'm sure I'll feel bad for ever saying that.

Watching the game with NB3 I have to say it really justifies every time I ban Rengar.

to be fair, Rengar is one of his signature jungle champs. it was just a matter of time. Leezard's team will have to beat "final form Rengar" to win this game. I wish him the best of luck with that.

garath

To be fair, nightblue might be one of the best English speaking rengars in league. He's always been mechanically strong and rengar is one of his favorite champs.

Not watching right now, just speaking to his general ability on the champ.

Still, I hate playing against even a competant rengar let alone a master.

Newt

Man, they're systematically tearing you guys apart Leezard.

I felt like your duo Lucian built a bit greedy, but I guess he couldn't have known the game would swing so hard.

GP really let Rengar back in the game.

Top Bottom