• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
zky, for real, some people are at work and things like that ahri fanart really doesn't belong here.

this keeps happening with you. just hotlink it without the image tags and move on. same with sona.
i try to hotlink the riskier ones but sometimes i have trouble judging or get excited over pretty art and forget about it

i'll try to be more careful

:>

Attack is the swing that causes the effect while hit is the effect per se.

Take Kayle's E for example, the AoE is an on attack effect while the bonus damage is the on hit part.
i guess what he's saying is that it's simply not an on-hit thing

the on-hit crap has always been dumb wording and really confusing and also really inconsistent

like it's very arbitrary for balance purposes but it makes it kind of a nightmare to remember all of that

like you have kayle that procs on-hit with her e but not azir and vayne's e counts as on-hit for devourer purposes even tho each individual silver bolts mark doesn't do anything, etc.

it's weird

To be fair, nightblue might be one of the best English speaking rengars in league. He's always been mechanically strong and rengar is one of his favorite champs.

Not watching right now, just speaking to his general ability on the champ.

Still, I hate playing against even a competant rengar let alone a master.

It's getting as ugly as you would have guessed it would get. A split pushing, near perfect CS Trick2G on Cho and classic NB Rengar @ 5.5 slots (only the upgraded LW is missing).

and now NB3's squad has an inhib advantage.

take notes, gentlemen. take notes.

garath

i don't think duskblade will affect rengar much

junglers don't build bf sword items

They will when it's duskblade. It's too good on assassin champs not to. No different than buying ghostblade first item every game. I don't know the other component to duskblade offhand but saving 1300 is doable for a item that good. Just need to farm a tiny bit more. Ghostblade's combine cost is 1k by itself.

It's getting as ugly as you would have guessed it would get. A split pushing, near perfect CS Trick2G on Cho and classic NB Rengar @ 5.5 slots (only the upgraded LW is missing).

and now NB3's squad has an inhib advantage.

take notes, gentlemen. take notes.
Note to self: don't play ADC

zkylon

zkylewd
For those looking for buffs to Zhonya's Hourglass, it should be clear we're not doing that. Given how game-warping Zhonya's active can be - and how powerful a deterrent it is against dudes who want to blow you up - we're pretty firm on gating this active with a fair combine cost.

That said, Seeker's. Even when it's the right situation to buy Seeker's, it feels wrong, so that's where we're making changes. Mixing in an extra armor item makes it more effective when you're looking to counter physical damage (read: Zed) in lane.

this is ridiculous.

"Even when it's the right situation to buy Seeker's, it feels wrong"

the exact same is what you can say about zhonyas, which is why no one buys it anymore

it's actually better to get repeatedly killed by zed than buying that shit

They will when it's duskblade. It's too good on assassin champs not to. No different than buying ghostblade first item every game. I don't know the other component to duskblade offhand but saving 1300 is doable for a item that good. Just need to farm a tiny bit more. Ghostblade's combine cost is 1k by itself.
we'll see, youmuus has a really good build path even if the combine's pricey

duskblade has the serrated dirk thing which is nice for junglers but bf sword is a lot of money for a lot of ad that's not necessarily the ideal thing for junglers

it might be good since it scales with target missing health so it's nice for junglers since they're always underleveled, idk

rengar is pretty shit this patch so i'd be surprised if this takes him over the edge

too bad they had to buff him, he should stay shit until riot figures out how to not make him not awful

pigeon

Banned
what's the difference between attack and hit?

does it include spells like xin ult? but how do spells crit then :T

this wording is so fking weird

I really hate this hairsplitting thing especially because the only purpose for that distinction is to make sure Xin doesn't get extra crits with Devourer. He doesn't have any abilities that apply on-hit effects, so it's otherwise totally irrelevant.

The really annoying thing is that it doesn't make sense with Azir's Devourer interaction which suggests the exact opposite thing (because Azir doesn't get on-hit effects, so if he gets a Sated Devourer proc then it presumably is caring about his attacks, not his hits).

But then again it's pretty unclear why they bothered giving Azir special support for Sated Devourer at all, since he's a midlane AP mage. Boo.

Newt

this is ridiculous.

the exact same is what you can say about zhonyas, which is why no one buys it anymore

This seems like a good solution to me.

pigeon

Banned
Also:

Sunfire Cape now gives +500 health, +50 armor, and builds out of Bami's Cinder and Chain Vest (+800 = 2700).

Dead Man's Plate now gives +500 health, +50 armor, and builds out of Chain Vest and Giant's Belt (+1000 = 2800).

Randuin's Omen now gives +500 health, +50 armor, and builds out of Warden's Mail and Giant's Belt (+900 = 3000).

CLARITY

Just choose one of the items and make it the "starter item" for armor/health building, like Zeal, and then let you mix and match it with a second appropriate item to make your final tank item.

When you see pros building qss on champs like ahri instead of zhonyas you know you screwed up the item

Is that a thing pros are doing? I had an ahri on the enemy team build a second-item QSS yesterday and I thought it was super weird. Granted, they were laning against Malzahar, so it isn't a bad buy necessarily. It just felt early.

Leezard

Man, they're systematically tearing you guys apart Leezard.

I felt like your duo Lucian built a bit greedy, but I guess he couldn't have known the game would swing so hard.

GP really let Rengar back in the game.

Sure, earlier Sterak's could've been useful, but in that moment we were snowballing and Rengar was behind. It was a huge swing as you say.

I probably should've gone for a Banner instead of Locket.

this is ridiculous.

"We're on an assassin vibe right now so Zhonya's can go fuck itself", basically.

Newt

The meta is more enjoyable when assassins are strong. I say this as an ADC player.

Stuff like Zed and Leblanc are healthier for the game because it rewards you for aggressive play, but at the same time punishes you.

I don't want stuff like Ahri and Lux to be strong because it basically rewards you for safe/passive play, and most mages for the most part take significantly less skill than assassins. You have easy assassins like Talon, and difficult mages like Syndra but for the most part this trend is consistent.

It's frustrating playing against a Lux that's dumb as shit but manages to come back because her 4th q that she threw out manages to hit.

CazEBfhW4AAMJV-.jpg:large

Are you reeeaadddy?

Hard

Banned
Time to ban Yasuo for the next 3 weeks. Nope nope nope nope

Your Yasuo - 12 year old

Their Yasuo - XiaoWeiXiao boosting an account to Master

EDIT: Blood Moon Kennen is pretty sweet tho.

zkylon

zkylewd
The meta is more enjoyable when assassins are strong. I say this as an ADC player.

Stuff like Zed and Leblanc are healthier for the game because it rewards you for aggressive play, but at the same time punishes you.

I don't want stuff like Ahri and Lux to be strong because it basically rewards you for safe/passive play, and most mages for the most part take significantly less skill than assassins. You have easy assassins like Talon, and difficult mages like Syndra but for the most part this trend is consistent.

It's frustrating playing against a Lux that's dumb as shit but manages to come back because her 4th q that she threw out manages to hit.
zhonyas doesn't have much to do with the assassin meta, the issue is that riot is really bad at designing assassins so they're only good in the game when they're broken and when mages are weak

it's not healthier for the game, idea is to have both types of champions exist keeping each other in check

the only way an assassin is more useful than a mage in league is if the assassin has no counterplay

These art pieces have such...personality.
fk u pankak

Newt

zhonyas doesn't have much to do with the assassin meta, the issue is that riot is really bad at designing assassins so they're only good in the game when they're broken and when mages are weak

it's not healthier for the game, idea is to have both types of champions exist keeping each other in check

the only way an assassin is more useful than a mage in league is if the assassin has no counterplay
I wouldn't say not having Zhonya = No counterplay. Of course the game would be better healthier having both mages and assassins being strong, but the if the choice needed to be made, it's much better for the assassins to be strong.

The assassins are designed badly, but the mages are designed much worse lol.

Mages in general need to be made less risk adverse.

TF is probably a good example of a currently well balanced mage.

So there's basically no reason to max E on jungle xin anymore right? It's all W max from here on out?

If what Riot says in the patch notes is true, I'm happy that they're balancing him with the intent of making things besides devourer and guinsoos viable. I always liked warrior into triforce for the burst damage, so hopefully that build can make a comeback and I can start playing jungle xin again.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
fk u pankak

You're a pankak now too.

zky, for real, some people are at work and things like that ahri fanart really doesn't belong here.

this keeps happening with you. just hotlink it without the image tags and move on. same with sona.

You can go to the options tab in user control panel to do just that (disable images). It negates the IMG tags and will just display the hyperlinks. Kinda annoying but better than your boss seeing half naked anime chicks on your monitor.

pigeon

Banned
For the record, getting Jarvan ulted under your own turret as Shen is a hilarious experience. That was not a great tower dive.

drawkcaB

So there's basically no reason to max E on jungle xin anymore right? It's all W max from here on out?

If what Riot says in the patch notes is true, I'm happy that they're balancing him with the intent of making things besides devourer and guinsoos viable. I always liked warrior into triforce for the burst damage, so hopefully that build can make a comeback and I can start playing jungle xin again.

I still think maxing E is the way to go. There's no point in picking Xin if you aren't going to press his early game advantages. Even when using a Devourer Xin's win rates are higher with E max than W max first.

The real question is whether to max Q or W second when going with an AD build vs. an on-hit build. That I'm not so sure about.

Top Bottom