• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Bacon

speaking of bronze, what are the standard bronze bans these days?

way back when it was always rammus/amumu/blitzcrank/thresh/malphite but this was back when those champions (outside of thresh) were considered bad outside of like, gold.

Mundo and illaoi are still banned like 99 percent of the time. Graves still slips through ban phase like 60% of the time and no one ever bans udyr

patchday

Yeah in Bronze we ban:

Tahm, Illaoi, Mundo, and Blitzcrank

Esp Blitz.

Starting to see some Jhin bans a lot

Sometimes Yasuo and Zed

(er, I can only speak for Bronze IV and Bronze V tho)

Mundo and illaoi are still banned like 99 percent of the time. Graves still slips through ban phase like 60% of the time and no one ever bans udyr
Yeah i have seen mundo banned alot, i need to stop banning him and instead ban graves or udyr.

My new bans are- graves udry tahm zed yas(for my teamsake) maybe corki.

Bacon

why do people ban Illaoi in Bronze? she has a pretty low win rate, no?

Lol I have no idea. They probably remember that one time they got steamrolled by her on the first day she came out and just auto banned her from then on.

Oh yeah also jax has like a 100 percent pick ban rate in bronze I'm pretty sure.

why do people ban Illaoi in Bronze? she has a pretty low win rate, no?
If you dont understand her and you cant dodge she will destroy. Kinda same idea as blitz if you cant dodge blitz hooks your going to lose.

Also now that it is assassin meta im just going to play cho mid and shit on them. He is such a good at stopping assassins.

garath

My new favorite ban is poppy. Udyr I'm not as afraid of. Another one moving fast up my list is Quinn.

I don't feel like mundo is worth a ban anymore.

I have a feeling diana is going to get the swain treatment of no new skins ever.

She's getting a fire or ice one ... because she won a fan poll between her and Teemo and Nut-da-blitz.

IDK why they don't wanna give her something. Are they prepping for a rework? She looks too good for a VU when you have trash like Eve and Jem-Man running around ... but a VU or Rework would explain why they don't want to put in the effort to give her something new if they're gonna change it anyway.

Yeah in Bronze we ban:

Tahm, Illaoi, Mundo, and Blitzcrank

Esp Blitz.

Starting to see some Jhin bans a lot

Sometimes Yasuo and Zed

(er, I can only speak for Bronze IV and Bronze V tho)

And Jax, Garen or another semi broken champ. Sometimes there's a wasted ban like Ashe

My new favorite ban is poppy. Udyr I'm not as afraid of. Another one moving fast up my list is Quinn.

I don't feel like mundo is worth a ban anymore.
Dont ban quinn, dont even talk about quinn just let her be good.
I dont want my wafiu to get nerfed

She's getting a fire or ice one ... because she won a fan poll between her and Teemo and Nut-da-blitz.

IDK why they don't wanna give her something. Are they prepping for a rework? She looks too good for a VU when you have trash like Eve and Jem-Man running around ... but a VU or Rework would explain why they don't want to put in the effort to give her something new if they're gonna change it anyway.
Oh if there giving her a fire or ice one than thats why. I bet you they have been think about making a bloodmoon diana skin for a while.

patchday

Oh yeah Jax and Garen tear up us Bronze warriors.

Oh right Rito decided to make me pay for picking Support/Mid in ranked and made me go Mid one time. Got destroyed by Fizz

Bronze players hate Fizz like no tomorrow lmao

Nekofrog

Banned
my brand new 30 smurf hit silver 2 after losing the first 4 games and then winning 6. i think that was the order. i just wanted bronze without throwing games intentionally.

Oh if there giving her a fire or ice one than thats why. I bet you they have been think about making a bloodmoon diana skin for a while.

That's very recent though.
Shouldn't disrupt plans for her if there were plans for her.

Probably gonna take a year to crank out anyway. Only at he concept stage now :/

I love having champs on my team that capitalize on the enemies mistakes like positioning and rotation. Probably my favorite bot lane to have is trist blitz, because blitz is just blitz and trist takes tower crazy fast and is a nice safe adc. Quinn is super good at pulling enemy attention around the map.

That's very recent though.
Shouldn't disrupt plans for her if there were plans for her.

Probably gonna take a year to crank out anyway. Only at he concept stage now :/
I was only guessing that they would make a bloodmoon skin, they have never said anything about it. I have never heard anything about it. I have no idea if they had plans for her already.

I was only guessing that they would make a bloodmoon skin, they have never said anything about it. I have never heard anything about it. I have no idea if they had plans for her already.

I know, just saying that I don't think the poll stopped any plans to give her anything when she hasn't had anything in forever.

JulianImp

At my MMR and in LAS, popular bans are Blitzcrank, Darius, Garen, Zed, Yasuo, Mundo and Jax (and sometimes Jhin).

I'm still trying to do okay as mage supports (since I tend to do much better with them as opposed to tanks), but I find it hard since even if I'm a decent sup I just can't make up for bad laners, so I'm practicing mid to see if I can actually get good at it and help carry instead of helplessly watching if the rest of my team is bad.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldn't say not having Zhonya = No counterplay. Of course the game would be better healthier having both mages and assassins being strong, but the if the choice needed to be made, it's much better for the assassins to be strong.

The assassins are designed badly, but the mages are designed much worse lol.

Mages in general need to be made less risk adverse.

TF is probably a good example of a currently well balanced mage.
i think you're really mistaken there, assassins don't really take risks, because league isn't really a game of taking risks, you never risk anything, you pick the fights you think you're going to win and every champion has an area in which they have the best chances so those are the ones you take

it's not "risky" to do a combo on the enemy adc as zed and it's not more aggressive than fishing for snares with lux. assassins don't 1v5, they either pick someone off that's on their own, they wait until the carries are out of position and are difficult to defend or they clean up after the fight's done

the difference between assassins and mages is that mages have fallback patterns (spamming cc) that assassins do not, so you don't have the same pressure as a mage to do everything in one combo that you have as an assassins, which is why assassins just get stupidly strong at lvl 6 so they can just kill you and snowball

being risk adverse is not a bad thing, this game is balanced around people trying to kill people and people trying to prevent it, that's how it works and creates interesting gameplay. if you have everyone just jumping at each other i don't see how that's any better. zhonyas has nothing to do with this, assassins just are poorly designed on a kit-by-kit basis and as a class, having a weird identity (because killing something quick is not really something exclusive to them, mages and adcs also pretty much two shot anyone) and having weird itemization

while gangplank is actually really really strong, i don't think he's unfairly strong. it's not like it's a ton of power put into a low skill floor champion, gp and his barrels actually requires thought in placement, chaining, and timing.

don't see why he needed to be hit this hard
not gonna comment on the changes specifically, but rework gp reminds me a lot of old nidalee

it's just not a great experience to be chunked out by 3/4s of your health in an instant

i'm not saying he's the same but i get the same feeling when i'm forced to base cos he chained barrels right

Apparently a mount targon event is likely happening?
hope so

pantheon vu would be nice

I think for the most part Fiora is fine. Her base stats are probably too high, so that combined with Grasp of the Undying makes her hard to move from lane, which is where she should be most vulnerable imo.

Also she probably needs more bonus AD scaling so she needs to build squishier. Titanic etc. are too good on her. I think base stats and itemisation are the culprits when it comes to her power.

my opinion, not a designer etc. etc.
yeah i had a similar opinion too, mostly a base stats issue and needs pushing bases to scaling

the design is actually pretty great and i can see her being a really cool champion for the game if rito nails her balance

Look, this is how I see it.

There should be champions that are easy to play with very linear power growth.

There should be champions that are difficult to play, and reward a player for putting so much time and effort into learning it that they have an edge. They play a hard champion and do well? They should be rewarded for that.
i don't think that's right, champions with high skillcap should reward with options, not numbers and it shouldn't just allow you to ignore the gating there is to their strength

ryze is getting that exact nerf, he had "infinite potential" and great players just permarooted you because they had the skill to pull it off, so he had to be balanced around that existing (or else he warps competitive and that's not fun for everyone)

there's probably a middle ground that doesn't olaf these champions like they did with ryze, but u know

Nekofrog

Banned
You can't seriously be comparing current state GP to old Nidalee who could throw 30 spears at you endlessly on like a 4 second cooldown and only needed 1 of the 30 to actually hit, or to Ryze's perma rooting.

Those things are so far apart from what makes GP strong right now.

Bacon

kCpmxAy.png

30 minute game and I'm the only one with over 100 cs. This is my hell

Personally I find watching the big games going on right now slightly underwhelming seeing as there's just a hand full of champs that picked or banned. I don't think you should be able to just stomp equally skilled players by using a champ with a "limitless cap" that you have worked hard to master. Mastering a character with a high skill cap shouldn't completely negate others who have mastered their champs as well.

But what do I know, I always thought Purple Scroll dude was shit cause every time I see him in game he feeds and doesn't do shit other than toss a ball and get deleted. Figured he was low skill cause he's in the starter pack. Got no clue what makes him broken at high skill use ;/

zkylon

zkylewd
You can't seriously be comparing current state GP to old Nidalee who could throw 30 spears at you endlessly on like a 4 second cooldown and only needed 1 of the 30 to actually hit, or to Ryze's perma rooting.

Those things are so far apart from what makes GP strong right now.
like i said

it's not the same

but it's still bullshit to be chunked out 3/4s of your health like that

30 minute game and I'm the only one with over 100 cs. This is my hell
There is no such thing as elo hell :^)
Yeah damn thats crazy.

Also am i the only one who thinks that some games of league are just uncarry able, like not matter how good you play you will still end up losing? Because a few friends i know disagree,.

There is no such thing as elo hell :^)
Yeah damn thats crazy.

Also am i the only one who thinks that some games of league are just uncarry able, like not matter how good you play you will still end up losing? Because a few friends i know disagree,.

Some games can't be carried of course. Such is the nature of team sports. At some point, your teammates need to be able to contribute at least a little something.

Personally I find watching the big games going on right now slightly underwhelming seeing as there's just a hand full of champs that picked or banned. I don't think you should be able to just stomp equally skilled players by using a champ with a "limitless cap" that you have worked hard to master. Mastering a character with a high skill cap shouldn't completely negate others who have mastered their champs as well.

But what do I know, I always thought Purple Scroll dude was shit cause every time I see him in game he feeds and doesn't do shit other than toss a ball and get deleted. Figured he was low skill cause he's in the starter pack. Got no clue what makes him broken at high skill use ;/

Dota 2 has a far larger pool of viable characters and team comps both in the pub and pro scenes. In fact, large Dota 2 tournaments tend to see upwards of 90% of the roster picked during the course of the event (though some characters will be preferred due to personal preferences and comfort). Far from perfectly balanced, but I think it's fair to say that a broader portion of the pool is viable enough to pick without regret that are capable of winning at the highest levels of competitive play, which is saying something. It also has 4 more banned characters during the pick/ban phase which forces a bit more diversity.

Give it a try, you might enjoy the balance there more. It is the more punishing game by far, though.

Yeah but Dota 2 is horribly unfun.

well yea if you suck at it you won't have fun. you probably suck at it, so yea. film at 11.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder why no one plays shyvana anymore, she has a really high jungle winrate and i imagine the new iceborn gauntlet might be right up her alley

patchday

Yes, sometimes can be a pain in the ass.

Darius has a pretty high ban rate too, or a free broken champ like Yasuo the last week and Fizz in the present week.

I didnt realize Fizz was on free rotation. I never played him before. Got an easy win

I really need to start playing these crazy annoying champs a lot more

The most annoying part is that they are unranked.

for me that's the only part that makes losing with an S+ rating tolerable. Losing ranked games where I know I did more than my fair share (I think it's fair to say that if you get an S or S+, you probably did more than most) and still staring down a -25LP just feels bad.

Top Bottom