• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

hrdpTNf.png

What do I do to get these teams...

Started off with the Mid soft-picking Ali and I questioned it but they didn't respond, so to be safe I locked in Ali myself since I've just played two other games with him anyway. Then they start flaming me saying I was trolling them, which comes off as half serious because they're like "Ali mid OP, I have 0% winrate and mastery with him, so I know".

I'm like...ok...The game starts and we're about 5 mins in and Vlad is already feeding hard, he apologises and Kha tells him to freeze the lane instead and chill, he feeds more and then Ez, Annie and Kha are all bickering in all chat with...I'm not even sure...themselves, or the other team, I wasn't even paying attention. I was just thinking of a happy place because from the lobby I was already wishing I'd dodged.

Ez tries to steal a Baron in which 3 of their team are fighting and after failing to steal with ult decides to follow up by jumping in between the 3 of them. Vlad gets a little killstreak going for a short while but in the end we lost after they got another Baron.

So yeah, that was fun. I just want to get back to Gold and peace the fuck out for a couple of months.

Sejuani is so gud.

Actually never have bought Ruby Sightstone. Not even worth it in my opinion.

I think it's worth it if you're super late game and you've got nothing else to spend the money on! But yeah, 1000g for a small amount of health and an extra ward isn't a great deal.

hrdpTNf.png

What do I do to get these teams...

Started off with the Mid soft-picking Ali and I questioned it but they didn't respond, so to be safe I locked in Ali myself since I've just played two other games with him anyway. Then they start flaming me saying I was trolling them, which comes off as half serious because they're like "Ali mid OP, I have 0% winrate and mastery with him, so I know".

I'm like...ok...The game starts and we're about 5 mins in and Vlad is already feeding hard, he apologises and Kha tells him to freeze the lane instead and chill, he feeds more and then Ez, Annie and Kha are all bickering in all chat with...I'm not even sure...themselves, or the other team, I wasn't even paying attention. I was just thinking of a happy place because from the lobby I was already wishing I'd dodged.

Ez tries to steal a Baron in which 3 of their team are fighting and after failing to steal with ult decides to follow up by jumping in between the 3 of them. Vlad gets a little killstreak going for a short while but in the end we lost after they got another Baron.

So yeah, that was fun. I just want to get back to Gold and peace the fuck out for a couple of months.
Well this weekend in going to be playing my placement matches, and probably be placed in silver. So if you want to play some this weekend and maybe get a couple other people we can play some.
What server are you on and what roles do you play?
Im NA, my roles are, mid> top >jg> suppory> adc. My username is dontpanic3000 if you want to add me but i wont be on till friday.

garath

I wanna try J4 + Duskblade

actually....

what about duskblade wukong!?

Besides the obvious ones - talon, zed, rengar, khazix - I'm trying to think of some outliers that would work with duskblade. Pantheon, j4, wukong, varus, quinn, Darius?

Blizzard

Banned
Man

RIP Ryze
I think Riot is trying to change his overall setup so that they can balance him better in the future.

On another note, why is Quinn's win rate so low? I just saw my first one in the last month or so, and she did very well as ADC with duskblade.

Besides the obvious ones - talon, zed, rengar, khazix - I'm trying to think of some outliers that would work with duskblade. Pantheon, j4, wukong, varus, quinn, Darius?

We talked about this a bit last night. Some of those later names don't chunk unless they're already ahead in items, at which point some other item is probably going to make more sense.

straight up: if the champ doesn't get close to 100%'ing enemy champs that have equivalent farm unassisted, it's not going to be an item for them. The reset is essential and if you can't get the reset off most of the time, it's a bad purchase.

garath

Darius is probably a bit too slow at killing his opponent. I can see a case for the other ones you listed, though.

Darius I could see a Q, ult, W auto for the duskblade proc doing decent damage. Would work best if he could stack marks with Q ahead of time though.

Hecarim was another good suggestion. Does his E count as an auto though? That would mess it up.

pigeon

Banned

I think Duskblade Pantheon is basically a done deal. Duskblade probably actually hurts Darius by interrupting his ult setups. The others I just don't think burst in anywhere near the amount necessary to use the item.

I mean, we'll see what happens in a week, but I think the item is pretty well targeted. To use it you need:

* Good target selection, because it starts ticking on the first enemy you autoattack
* Burst damage, because it won't kill them unless you do a lot of damage
* AD abilities that do physical damage (admittedly this is most of them for champs that build AD)

Most champions lack one of these three qualities and won't get that much benefit out of the item.

We talked about this a bit last night. Some of those later names don't chunk unless they're already ahead in items, at which point some other item is probably going to make more sense.

straight up: if the champ doesn't get close to 100%'ing enemy champs that have equivalent farm unassisted, it's not going to be an item for them. The reset is essential and if you can't get the reset off most of the time, it's a bad purchase.

Wait -- if you constantly get the reset on the item, then it isn't doing anything. The ability only resets if the target dies BEFORE the bomb goes off. If the bomb kills them it does not reset.

Wait -- if you constantly get the reset on the item, then it isn't doing anything. The ability only resets if the target dies BEFORE the bomb goes off. If the bomb kills them it does not reset.

? If you're constantly getting the reset, it's because you've killed them.

I'm talking about the cooldown refunding. Maybe you're confused? Or maybe I am. Idunno.

edit: yea this item is weird to me now.

Neol

Darius I could see a Q, ult, W auto for the duskblade proc doing decent damage. Would work best if he could stack marks with Q ahead of time though.

Hecarim was another good suggestion. Does his E count as an auto though? That would mess it up.

Yea his E counts as an auto-attack which applies the duskblade passive.

I can see it doing well since he can burst with his full combo and nightfall will finish the job which I always found to be one of his problems.

Neol

If you've killed them, it means you're not using the timer at all, and you're just benefitting from the AD, MS, and armor pen. In which case, other items could provide that.

I mean your building it in the situation where your unable to kill them regularly and need that extra push to do more damage in the end.

If you've killed them, it means you're not using the timer at all, and you're just benefitting from the AD, MS, and armor pen. In which case, other items could provide that.

yea this item is weird to me now. I thought the entire point was to get the Nightfall damage. I guess the way I was thinking about it working would have simply been broken, so that's fair.

Waiting 2 minutes between each kill you get with it is kinda meh, though. Will still try on Jayce regardless.

Blizzard

Banned
yea this item is weird to me now. I thought the entire point was to get the Nightfall damage. Waiting 2 minutes between each kill you get with it is kinda meh. Especially since you can't harass once you've puchased it less you waste Nightfall.
DFG was a 90-second cooldown. Maybe they'll reduce this similarly.

Neol

Also its not an item where you rush in lane as other items are more efficient. Its more of a 3rd/4th item for looking to blow up squishies in the mid/late game.

drawkcaB

Xin

Speaking of which, tonight I shall find an immovable object and put this question to rest. Or play Poppy jungle now that the nerfs I was expecting have come.

Also its not an item where you rush in lane as other items are more efficient. Its more of a 3rd/4th item for looking to blow up squishies in the mid/late game.

Considering Jayce can 100% people with similar items at that 10-13 minute mark, I expect to rush it on him. And in fact, like I said yesterday, with that item and a Tear, I think Jayce becomes very hard to lane against for anyone that isn't a tank with cc to break his combo up.

I tend to feel like if it's a 3rd or 4th item, it's probably not for the champ.

Hard

Banned
Should be a nice boost to her late game teamfighting and waveclear.

We need more hard engage ADCs since poke is so prevalent in LCS

garath

If your normal first item is ghostblade, you will probably go duskblade first instead.

In the jungle I see doing this on rengar, khazix and pantheon almost definitely. First right after warrior.

Neol

Considering Jayce can 100% people with similar items at that 10-13 minute mark, I expect to rush it on him. And in fact, like I said yesterday, with that item and a Tear, I think Jayce becomes very hard to lane against for anyone that isn't a tank with cc to break his combo up.

I tend to feel like if it's a 3rd or 4th item, it's probably not for the champ.

Speaking solely on Jayce, I still see Youmuu's to be the better buy as the 10% more armor pen plus the active that increase his attack speed benefits too greatly in what I feel he excels at which is tower taking and poking. Yes you can burst someone in lane but looking to late game your gonna be wanting the other stats as I feel that the situations where you can autoattack and burst them down is less likely to occur. Then again I'm not a Jayce player so I'm just basing this on what I see him as.

Also the CD on the item itself emphasizes the fact that you shouldn't really rush it but buy it as an extension of your damage and finishing those squishes that run away with 200 health.

Speaking solely on Jayce, I still see Youmuu's to be the better buy as the 10% more armor pen plus the active that increase his attack speed benefits too greatly in what I feel he excels at which is tower taking and poking.
Jayce has almost no use at all for attack speed and the move speed is wasted on him since he has 2 ways to gain extra movespeed to catch up to enemies. Only thing Jayce needs is the ability to 100% people more reliably late. In fact, Jayce's only real weakness IMO is his inability to bust tanks quickly late game. Jayce should almost never buy something like a Ghostblade.

Neol

If your normal first item is ghostblade, you will probably go duskblade first instead.

In the jungle I see doing this on rengar, khazix and pantheon almost definitely. First right after warrior.

I can definitely see it but I still feel its CD makes me feel like its more of a 3rd/4th item in lane. (btw do you guys consider tier 1 boots as a 2nd item :x)

But yea in the jungle its for sure built right after warrior. Its honestly the thing I fear the most with this item as AD junglers are gonna be rampant.

Jayce has almost no use at all for attack speed and the move speed is wasted on him since he has 2 ways to gain extra movespeed to catch up to enemies. Only thing Jayce needs is the ability to 100% people more reliably late. In fact, Jayce's only real weakness IMO is his inability to bust tanks quickly late game. Jayce should almost never buy something like a Ghostblade.

Huh, was always under the assumption ghostblade was pretty good on Jayce. You guys are a rare breed though, I never see Jayce's these days.

Really wish you could use any champ in a custom game or something.

Playing so much Mid lane has made me interested in trying out casters cause sometimes they outright shit on certain Melee champs I play. Also made me more interested in Ekko cause I feel like he could be like Diana. But they cost too damn much to buy without testing and the week rotation doesn't always have champs I want to try.

Quonny

I'm not liking these "on next attack" things they keep introducing. Stuff like RFC, Shiv, Zekes, and this new item. They should be items you activate. You'd have to tweak the numbers and such because there is power in something you can control, but it's incredibly frustrating popping RFC when you don't need it only to have it not available for that last auto.

I'm not liking these "on next attack" things they keep introducing. Stuff like RFC, Shiv, Zekes, and this new item. They should be items you activate. You'd have to tweak the numbers and such because there is power in something you can control, but it's incredibly frustrating popping RFC when you don't need it only to have it not available for that last auto.

I really don't understand Riot's desire to dumb down items by removing almost all actives. At this point I think the only items I buy with an active are Randuin's, Ghostblade and Hourglass. Active items are cool, Riot.

Top Bottom