• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Here in Bronze it's more like a mess of people trying to toss blame at each other for when they fuck up in a stupid, uneducated play cause people like to mash their champs into other's blindly.

Also the elo where the enemy team is grouped up and ripping down your mid towers and your team if trying to defend buuuuut the JG is AFK farming wolves right next to the fight and so they out number you and tower dive ya. Not sure if that happens in other Elos but I hope not.

otoh being forced to group with your dumbass team for the requisite ARAM when it's useless and you should be splitting/farming the other lanes is dumb too

zed - so broken even a 12yo can mash the keyboard and get a 1v3 outplay :^)

about vlad, his cooldowns seem way too short for what they do, especially how fast he gets his empowered one

Bruiser Cho, maybe not the best build, maybe not even sensible, but man oh man...

g4xDvxp.png

Dat dmg.

kLaIHxu.png

remist

Been trying out viktor since he went on sale, The E skill shot and placement of your W take some getting used to but he seems pretty good. Good waveclear and a lot of aoe team fight potential.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Been trying out viktor since he went on sale, The E skill shot and placement of your W take some getting used to but he seems pretty good. Good waveclear and a lot of aoe team fight potential.

yeah and his new ult is absolutely insane

I thought up of a champion concept, Im bored.

Dio Brando

Passive- Vampirism:Whenever Dio kills an enemy champion, he gains 5% of their total health as max health.

Q- Knife Throw-Dio throws a knife in a straight line ahead of him. Opponents hit bleed for 3 seconds, and during this time if he lands another knife it deals 25% more damage. 2 second cooldown.

W- The World
Passive: Dios basic attacks can reach 500 range farther.

Active:The World sends out a flurry of punching, knocking aside any skill shots. 15 sec CD

E- Too Slow!
Passive: Dio gains 5/10/15/20/25% Move speed out of combat

Active: Dio spins to a targeted direction in a short range. .5 CD

R-THE WORLD!: Dio stops time for everything in the game(including the timeclock). During this time only Dio can move, and everything else is immune. The cooldown of his knife throw is set to .2 seconds and his spin is set to .1. Any knife he throws will stay frozen in air until time resumes, and will deal 50% more damage. Lasts 4/5/6 seconds.

~~~

Pretty balanced tbh.

zkylon

zkylewd
everybody wants this
they're just too afraid to say it

i'm never afraid!

How do you build Ahri these days?
can't imagine much different than before

morellos -> deathcap/ludens depending on ur moneys -> void staff

you get abyssal instead of morellos against lebonk

They're actively making the game they work for shittier for others and working against the interests of the company, there is nothing to "talk".

I mean, imagine if you worked for a store and in your off hours you just disguised yourself and stood outside to keep telling people to go shop somewhere else, if you got found out you'd be fired on the spot. Riot isn't going to let them be toxic in games long enough to actually get flagged for a ban, that's silly.
yeah i see what you mean, specially your later point of them wanting to deal with the issue quicker than what the system can detect

but i still think firing people over it is not great and also doing some sort of weird connection between flaming in game and flaming in real life is not necessarily something i agree with

but yea your points gave me stuff to think about

Luigi87

Thank you random would-be teammate who dodged, because the enemy picked Swain.

Didn't want to have to deal with that, lol

... unfortunately 20+ min trying to find a match, now I've not enough time to safely play a match before work.
...*boots up Overwatch*

Ok, seems like I'm gonna have to start whipping out my ol Diana to deal with Yas.

This PoS annoyance is just too much to deal with for my ranged champs right now.
EDIT

Wanted to practice some Viktor and I was 3rd pick ... they last picked Yas.

Took Exhaust and decided to poke the FUCK outta him with Auto Attacks. Never even used Exhaust before now ... only did it cause i saw someone do it on a stream vs these burst laners as a mage. Cool summoner.

Lee tried to gank a few times but they were fails, killed him twice solo before grouping started.

Just had the most bull shit ranked game.

Their fucking bot pushed all the way to base because the ADC Cait left lane to help top and JG take top tower from a Garen. She stayed up there for a solid 3+ mins it feels like. Her only excuse was that she wasn't paying attention to the pings. . .

And I can't cover for her cause I'm mid and I gotta watch out for my own tower. Shit show -_-

Their fucking bot pushed all the way to base because the ADC Cait left lane to help top and JG take top tower from a Garen. She stayed up there for a solid 3+ mins it feels like. Her only excuse was that she wasn't paying attention to the pings. . .

And I can't cover for her cause I'm mid and I gotta watch out for my own tower. Shit show -_-

"Open bot"

Calvero

Banned

i'd just play it out really aloof and basically have it be a "open mid/bot" at that point

that "diamond 1 top smurf" that newt and i beat was streaming the game

https://www.twitch.tv/legent120/v/71919137

click if you wish to experience the terror that is laning vs a mediocre one trick pony irelia

is that voyboy

~~~

Feels good to have Swain not banned. The funny thing was that I roamed more than LB did, and managed to secure 2 kills and 1 assist in my roaming~ LB never left mid for anything. Despite that, my farm was superior to hers in every aspect.

Talents

Banned
is that voyboy

~~~

Feels good to have Swain not banned. The funny thing was that I roamed more than LB did, and managed to secure 2 kills and 1 assist in my roaming~ LB never left mid for anything. Despite that, my farm was superior to hers in every aspect.

99lp.

Unlucky rubber ducky.

remist

Another Sion Mid game to save the shitty night (Got tired of having bad games tonight so I had to whip this one out as a comfort early pick order lock in)

Whats the strategy behind sion mid? Wave clear with e and q and pressure with zzrot while you roam with ult? Kinda interested in trying it.

Whats the strategy behind sion mid? Wave clear with e and q and pressure with zzrot while you roam with ult? Kinda interested in trying it.

That's pretty much the simplistic outline for it.

But you're missing the part where you poke down and harass the living FUCK outta your lane enemy. I don't mindlessly push, I try to make every E kick some minion into them and as I gain levels I try to bully with Ws or Qs as follow ups. Poke em and CS, Push them under tower at their weakest point so that they have to fight the tower for CS, poke em outta lane.

They got the nerve to stay with low HP? They don't wanna back so early? Tower dive em. I killed Annie before the somewhere around the 4 min mark cause she had the nerve to try to back in my face with no HP, to leach some extra EXP. The nerve ...

Are you against a scumbag Melee Assassin? They have the nerve to try to play a feast or famine champ designed to fed on your soft mage picks? Make em pay for that anytime they wanna get CS.

Is your team doing well and you're successfully keeping the mid laner from farming like they should be? Buy a dmg item, you deserve it ;)
(I like the Duskblade myself. With that wave clear is easy as pie and you can build a Rot pretty fast. Others like the ghostblade so that you can activate it when you're passive turns on ... might try that)

But once you get the Rott ... that's where the fun starts!. Either they're gonna be stuck in lane trying to keep that tower up or you're gonna draw the JG to your lane to try to help them push. After roaming you're gonna wanna get back to mid to protect that rott.

Works best against champs with not-so-great wave clear and Assassins. Their team will not be happy with them for mid going down super fast and they arnt likely to fed off YOU and if they're stuck in lane they won't have much of a impact on the game later.

I have a feeling for them it's like facing the Donger or something ... you're just not gonna have fun facing that in mid if you're playing a champ who is meant to get kills.

The match ups I've had the most problems with are Syndra and Yas (Yas cause of his annoying mobility, Syndra cause of stuns)

EDIT-

OK, last Sion Mid for the night.

Started out with team mates (Bot) talking about how they're high and getting high. Took these cause I planed on dodging at the time.
But when it came to me I noticed that Sion could offer something to this comp ... and said fuck it, lets go once more into the fray.

What followed was something special ...

Not sure if Annie faced a Sion Mid before or if she's just a fast learner but by level 2 she realized how hard I was fucking up her health bar and she lane swaps with the Dirty Croc. So we lane swapped right with them. Went on and on ... someone would die in a swap pretty often.

Don't think I've had so many relentless team fights back to back ...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
waiting 5+ minutes in bronze queue just to have someone not lock in, repeat the process 3 more times, and then have someone dodge for like a 20 minute wait just to get into a game is getting really old

Question.

Between the EU, NA and KR Spring Splits, between 50-70 Champions were used total. This is after roughly 400 matches or so?

http://lol.gamepedia.com/2016_EU_LCS/Spring_Split/Champions_Statistics

http://lol.gamepedia.com/2016_LCK/Spring_Split/Champion_Statistics

Meanwhile at the Dota2 Manilla Major ($3 million tournament), 322 matches were played and the tournament -- where I think we can all agree were high-stakes with that size of prize pool) saw 87% of the pool selected. 95 heroes played, 98 heroes contested.

http://www.dotabuff.com/blog/2016-06-12-manila-major-grand-finals-and-tournament-stats-recap

Only 16 of the 111 heroes went unselected.

What does League have to do to get that kind of viable pick/strat range? The highest champion diversity in the Spring split was seen in Korea and that only featured ~53% of champions picked or contested. More balance? More diversity? More strategic diversity?

23qwerty

Having more bans objectively forces more champ diversity, there's not really any arguing against that. Whether that accounts for the entirety of the difference between the two games? Maybe, maybe not. I'd love to see league have more champ diversity in pro play though.

Question.

Between the EU, NA and KR Spring Splits, between 50-70 Champions were used total. This is after roughly 400 matches or so?

http://lol.gamepedia.com/2016_EU_LCS/Spring_Split/Champions_Statistics

http://lol.gamepedia.com/2016_LCK/Spring_Split/Champion_Statistics

Meanwhile at the Dota2 Manilla Major ($3 million tournament), 322 matches were played and the tournament -- where I think we can all agree were high-stakes with that size of prize pool) saw 87% of the pool selected. 95 heroes played, 98 heroes contested.

http://www.dotabuff.com/blog/2016-06-12-manila-major-grand-finals-and-tournament-stats-recap

Only 16 of the 111 heroes went unselected.

What does League have to do to get that kind of viable pick/strat range? The highest champion diversity in the Spring split was seen in Korea and that only featured ~53% of champions picked or contested. More balance? More diversity? More strategic diversity?
Stonewall made a good vid about this topic.

Top Bottom