• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

ii_zpsyqu2acrm.png

oboy

tumblr_n9ya2cZoxH1t3xmw3o1_500.gif

Luigi87

Lately I keep getting games where my team dominates, but then they decide to keep screwing around rather than ending, and the enemy team begins to make a come back...

I mean only lost one of those games (thanks to our fed Lee Sin thinking he could 1v5 the enemy team, and failing MULTIPLE times...) but it's still annoying and a waste of time.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Lately I keep getting games where my team dominates, but then they decide to keep screwing around rather than ending, and the enemy team begins to make a come back...

I mean only lost one of those games (thanks to our fed Lee Sin thinking he could 1v5 the enemy team, and failing MULTIPLE times...) but it's still annoying and a waste of time.

you want to know what is the worst
you're winning but then your team surrenders when they get to nexus but lose because the surrender went through before the nexus dies.

Ashhong

yeah, i think it's here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/client-update/signup

big thing it's currently missing are:
- ranked
- crafting
- random game modes (not 100% sure about this one)

i think there's some other minor stuff that the regular league player doesn't care much about (like champion bios or something)

i think when they add crafting and ranked i'll just do the switch, it's just so damn pretty

lol outch

silver 4 incoming

Oh..I thought since I'm in the alpha on PBE I would be for Live as well. Lame..

you're winning but then your team surrenders when they get to nexus but lose because the surrender went through before the nexus dies.

Dude, we were winning, crushing the enemy , the feeding Jungler/support ragequits, ask for a surrender and everyone follows cuz we lose one TF, in ranked. jeez

mcz117chief

supa-hot-fire.gif

she starts with one, which is just heretic to say the least

when she moves around she only has "one tail" even in the game.

Yup, I did that a few times. I always find it funny more than anything :)

I just fucked up. I have two months with the screen of my phone dead, literally I have been surviving thanks to voice commands (ok google, call... ok google send whatsapp msg to ... etc) and having set up Cortana in my phone before it died, so I can see my phone's notifications on my pc. (So I could get back to all my two step verification accounts). I could still use whatsapp because I had sync it with my browser.

(This is were this gets League related, barely).

So tonight I was reading League subreddit, and read the "Don't be the Saintvicious of passwords: secure your account!" post, and decided it would be a nice moment to organize my passwords, so I delete all the saved passwords in my browser, and delete all cookies so sites ask for my password again. The idea being to review what password I was currently using in every site and keeping, lowering or upgrading my password. (I have like 5 or 6 different passwords "levels").

As soon as I have deleted the cookies I remembered my current state of my phone... and that I didn't deactivate the two-step verification in many sites... and whatsapp is gone until I change my phone.

Thanks /r/leagueoflegends.
I know it is all my fault

Newt

I just fucked up. I have two months with the screen of my phone dead, literally I have been surviving thanks to voice commands (ok google, call... ok google send whatsapp msg to ... etc) and having set up Cortana in my phone before it died, so I can see my phone's notifications on my pc. (So I could get back to all my two step verification accounts). I could still use whatsapp because I had sync it with my browser.

So tonight I was reading League subreddit, and read the "Don't be the Saintvicious of passwords: secure your account!" post, and decided it would be a nice moment to organize my passwords, so I delete all the saved passwords in my browser, and delete all cookies so sites ask for my password again. The idea being to review what password I was currently using in every site and keeping, lowering or upgrading my password. (I have like 5 or 6 different passwords "levels").

As soon as I have deleted the cookies I remembered my current state of my phone... and that I didn't deactivate the two-step verification in many sites... and whatsapp is gone until I change my phone.

Hm, if you're in the market for a phone I would pick up an LG Nexus 5. I bought one a few months ago for only like $175.

Violet_0

Banned
only Nexus Siege and I know there are lots of other factors for calculating your score, but c'mon, how well do I have to do to get a S rank (was A+)
ajGWYVB.png

same problem with Fizz, I'm stuck forever at my Mastery Level because I can't get any S ranks with those champs

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hm, if you're in the market for a phone I would pick up an LG Nexus 5. I bought one a few months ago for only like $175.

i actually am in the market for a new phone my current one lasts for like 2 hours and is a piece of shit

nbraun80

For the love of God don't play Garen.
reason why it's not a safe pick if he's having trouble top? It usually smashes in most games before plat, easy waveclear, easy kit. if you think the jungler can be around just don't harrass with q and you'll usually get out of most ganks with it.

reason why it's not a safe pick if he's having trouble top? It usually smashes in most games before plat, easy waveclear, easy kit. if you think the jungler can be around just don't harrass with q and you'll usually get out of most ganks with it.
He's super match up dependant and as a lane bully all the pressure on doing work is on you. That's the complete opposite of a safe pick.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Dude, we were winning, crushing the enemy , the feeding Jungler/support ragequits, ask for a surrender and everyone follows cuz we lose one TF, in ranked. jeez
That was you? That was so long ago I forgotten if it was ranked.
supa-hot-fire.gif

when she moves around she only has "one tail" even in the game.

Yup, I did that a few times. I always find it funny more than anything :)
*angrily rustles his blade in sheathe*
Now let me tell you why premades are bullshit...
They're bullshit.
Well against gnar and kennen, he gets bullied out of lane in the early levels. He a late game supertank. After level 10 he can usually go all in on people.

terrible vs ranged harass
0 gap closers means he's worthless in fights
outscaled superhard by pretty much everything.

zkylon

zkylewd

damn that's a bummer

maybe u can put ur sim card in a borrowed phone and use it to verify whatsapp web?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

is this you http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1273810&highlight=i+deleted+everything

I'm looking over some options, but I'm pretty stingy. lol.
damn that's a bummer

maybe u can put ur sim card in a borrowed phone and use it to verify whatsapp web?
I have my old phone it somewhere, I need an adapter for the sim card tho.

Hahaha, that's why my git repos are in github, onedrive, google drive, and some offline backups.

I just have bad luck with phones.

JulianImp

Talking about safe champs, any recommendations on who I should play in solo ranked for playing support on wood-tier games? My current support pool is composed of Nami, Lulu, Zyra, Morg, Karma, Blitz, Naut; then, I also have Thresh, Janna and Taric unlocked, but am not that comfortable whem playing them.

Personally, I always like the relative safety of ranged champs compared to melee, and I feel like supports that rely heavily on their adc or junglers to clean up are often lackluster in solo play, where you can't expect good coordination.

blitzcrank because everyone moves in straight lines. guaranteed winning lane.

This.

There's two ways of looking at support as a Wood V:

1) Any heavy engage support champ (Blitz, Leona, Thresh) will dominate Wood V elo because people at that elo don't know how to handle heavy engage. The strategy for a support at that elo is "make your ADC so powerful in laning phase so that they'll kill anybody even with shit positioning and mechanics". As soon as you have more minions in a wave and the ADC steps out to far, bam! You nail them. In lower levels support burst will do 1/2-2/3 of a health bar and all your ADC needs to do is the rest.

2) Solo carry supports. You basically are a mid laner with no money. You pick someone with high burst, high base damage and high pick potential. Popular favourites include Annie (the #1 bullshittingly stupid to play mage support), Brand, Xerath, Zyra. You basically win by staying alive (because you want to be the better person at this game) and putting out gobs of damage the enemy doesn't expect.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Talking about safe champs, any recommendations on who I should play in solo ranked for playing support on wood-tier games? My current support pool is composed of Nami, Lulu, Zyra, Morg, Karma, Blitz, Naut; then, I also have Thresh, Janna and Taric unlocked, but am not that comfortable whem playing them.

Personally, I always like the relative safety of ranged champs compared to melee, and I feel like supports that rely heavily on their adc or junglers to clean up are often lackluster in solo play, where you can't expect good coordination.

Blitzcrank, Zyra or Brand

I think it's the opposite tbh

Every time I played against Ahri as A Sol it's been really hard. Too much mobility to keep her in my optimal ranges

Ahri E and Q are both outside the ASol W range. Her R lets her get into Foxfire range without taking star damage, move outside an Asol Q or get out of the outer limit if his R hits.

Ahri, Katarina, Ekko all do well against Asol for that reason.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it's the opposite tbh

Every time I played against Ahri as A Sol it's been really hard. Too much mobility to keep her in my optimal ranges

i find it's a good matchup for him cos he naturally has tools to counter her mobility with rylais and exhaust, as well as tankiness thru his buildpath, and he pushes lane really hard which is also hard to deal with for her

drawkcaB

He's super match up dependant and as a lane bully all the pressure on doing work is on you. That's the complete opposite of a safe pick.

On top of that there's several champions that can do 90% of what he does but can be more useful past mid-game.

Garen's kit is garbage. There's a reason the only time he ever sniffed good win and play rates is when he was overtuned as fuck following the juggernaut patch.

JulianImp

blitzcrank because everyone moves in straight lines. guaranteed winning lane.

This.

There's two ways of looking at support as a Wood V:

1) Any heavy engage support champ (Blitz, Leona, Thresh) will dominate Wood V elo because people at that elo don't know how to handle heavy engage. The strategy for a support at that elo is "make your ADC so powerful in laning phase so that they'll kill anybody even with shit positioning and mechanics". As soon as you have more minions in a wave and the ADC steps out to far, bam! You nail them. In lower levels support burst will do 1/2-2/3 of a health bar and all your ADC needs to do is the rest.

2) Solo carry supports. You basically are a mid laner with no money. You pick someone with high burst, high base damage and high pick potential. Popular favourites include Annie (the #1 bullshittingly stupid to play mage support), Brand, Xerath, Zyra. You basically win by staying alive (because you want to be the better person at this game) and putting out gobs of damage the enemy doesn't expect.

Blitzcrank, Zyra or Brand

Guess I might go back to my man Blitz sometime, but then again it tends to get banned at my ELO, gets countered by Sivir and/or Morgana, and if either the enemy ADC or support are any good and I'm Blitz, I feel it's pretty hard to bully them hard enough to get that much of an advantage in the early game, and mid-late Blitz is just downright underwhelming most of the time.

I also like Zyra quite a bit, but she's really frail, so a single bad choice on my part can easily get me killed. I've noticed that people really underestimate her plants (especially when ulted) at my ELO, though.

Top Bottom