• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't Mundo notoriously hard to balance since he scales so well with just health?
i think mundo is generally a problematic champion because he has few ways of "fucking up"

say someone like ahri that isn't too difficult to play still has a lot of aspects to her that are difficult and encourage mastery: you have to keep track of her passive for sustain, you have skillshots, lots of gated mobility, she's squishy and her ultimate is actually on a pretty big cooldown.

she's not leblanc but she's easier to balance and generally feels fairer to play because she has all those ways in which she can just screw up that you can take advantage of. you can flash her charm, force her ult, instagib her if u cc her, etc.

mundo is just a beefy guy that runs straight at you and murders you if he got close enough and he passed the stat check

it's hard to balance a champion like that and i think rito will eventually do a rework for him. they'll probably bundle it up with a visual update cos he looks ugly as shit, but i could see him getting a fairly big rework that keeps only his q and ult.

I like the master one but the gold one is the second best indeed
gold just has a nice set of colors and it just looks elegant

I mean, at least it's nice that they want to get away from the AP bruiser aspect of Ekko, but I doubt Riot will be looking at making Ekko jungle any more viable than it is now.
idk what rito has planned to do with him, i think they're looking to make him more of a riven esque champion than leblanc, but idk how that works on an ap champ

Im like probably 30 away from getting them all.
nice

i have like 50 champions missing

don't want any of em

Pre-finals orchestral theme for Worlds is out

Less than three weeks to go

currently listening to Worlds Collide on repeat

LET'S FUCKING GO BOYS WORLDS HYPE BEGINS
worlds collide was the best

warriors was fine but it had nothing on worlds collide

this 2016 theme sounds really cool and very much in line with worlds collide so i approve

i don't want emo in my pro league, i want epicness and celebration

btw has anyone posted legends rising ep 1 yet?

Who are we expecting for the Halloween skins? I'm kind of excited for it. There's usually 3, right?

I still want to get my Nocturne skin. :T
it varies from time to time, but i think 3 is a safe bet

i hope they do a viktor or taliyah skin, they're my only skinless mids

(and i guess azir, but i'll play azir when riot figures out what to do with him)

zkylon

zkylewd
man that legends rising ep is such a bummer

i feel so bad for rekkles, fnatic is such a fun team when they're good, it's hard to root against them

killatopak

Gold Member
I still need 42 champs to complete them all. I'm pretty much good for the runes other than needing some very specific runes like CDR per level quints, gold per level or mana regen that only a handful of champs use.

450 IP Champs: ALL
1350 IP Champs: ALL
3150 IP Champs: ALL
4800 IP Champs: ALL
6300 IP Champs: ALL

Makes me wish that chests for S-Ranks weren't time-locked.

Reivaxe

How does Ryze's smart/ quick casting thing work?

Like, I FEEL like it should work like Karthus Q or Cass's E in that all you have to do is hover the enemy you wanna use the spell on and press the skill. But it seems like hovering isn't enuff, you still have to click on them :/

Calvero

Banned
How does Ryze's smart/ quick casting thing work?

Like, I FEEL like it should work like Karthus Q or Cass's E in that all you have to do is hover the enemy you wanna use the spell on and press the skill. But it seems like hovering isn't enuff, you still have to click on them :/

well it works like normal for me. just hover and press skill

Calvero

Banned
Yeah, just tried it in a custom and it worked fine.

IDK what happened that one single time I played him some weeks ago o_O

Do you ever switch the smartcast toggle for different champs? There's some champs where I don't use it and then forget to change it back.

Reivaxe

Do you ever switch the smartcast toggle for different champs? There's some champs where I don't use it and then forget to change it back.

I only really play Illaoi these days and for her I smartcast Q and W.
But yeah, if I'm playing something that needs more or less smartcasting I make sure to fix that when the game starts. (Like Vel or Diana. Can't smartcast that Q)

Would be cool if the game remembered smartcast setting for champs like they do item sets :I

it varies from time to time, but i think 3 is a safe bet

i hope they do a viktor or taliyah skin, they're my only skinless mids

(and i guess azir, but i'll play azir when riot figures out what to do with him)

I think this is the first quote from you, Zky. I'm worthy. ;____;

What could they even do with Taliyah? I'm thinking mostly on the wall/board. Or, maybe that's too much for a Halloween skin, I dunno. Lol

Reverse annie is best annie.

Reverse Annie is worst Annie. Reverse Tibbers is best Tibbers though.

i need 8 champs but i'll never buy gragas or zilean

Why is that?

drawkcaB

Has jungle suddenly become super popular or some shit? If I queue jungle/whatever at any point past 9pm I will not be getting it. Actually, I did have it once tonight in champ select. But the I saw Taric mid and support Teemo and I noped the fuck out of that game before it started.

cuz they're old and smelly

Ken pls

What if they became your best champs?

Has jungle suddenly become super popular or some shit? If I queue jungle/whatever at any point past 9pm I will not be getting it. Actually, I did have it once tonight in champ select. But the I saw Taric mid and support Teemo and I noped the fuck out of that game before it started.

Are you sure they weren't just picking characters for each other than switching? :V

Reivaxe

Did not expect a team of 3 ADCs and a immobile mage to do so well vs such a "by the numbers" comp.

But I guess it worked in our favor cause I could just chill by my team of lovely targets and bash anyone who tried to engage on us.

Only noticed at level 2 that I shoulda taken SRS instead of DFT. Oh well.

EDIT- And you gotta love when people just refuse to do logical stuff. We aced them without suffering a death, everyone is decently healthy ... I ping Baron but this team of 3 ADCs decided to dick around with M Drake :/

EDIT P2- I think I'm gonna try getting gud with Annie, Cass and Kass. Would really like to enjoy playing more than just Illaoi (I love Sion but I feel like he has the problem of post nerf Poppy. If you build full tank you're putting all your hopes and dreams on your carry champs. Plus currently the meta favors the dashy dash annoying tops that like to jump outta your skill shots. IDK if Poppy is the same way but I feel like building any DMG item on him only works if you're ahead or in the JG where you don't have to be bothered with fighting someone solo all the time cause it delays his tank items. Gonna keep as my pocket pick though)

Wanna try those 3 cause they have a combo of AP/ CC/ Burst/ DOT and mobility that scales well into late game and I think would be fun to play with that diversity (until the ASN rework comes and dicks up everything)

Hell, might toss Darius in there to. He seems easy as balls to play and it would be cool to have another AD melee champ other than Illaoi.

in promos to silver 1. Well I think silver 1.

I'm silver 2 and everyone in my games is gold 3 minimum, usually 2 high gold and 2 plats on my team. Wonder if I'll skip straight to gold

I'm 13-9 in raked with a high MMR. Might be a chance.

Xeilyn

Yorick feels pretty good, ive only played him in normal draft though but ive felt almost untouchable so far in lane. I did play Irelia into a Yorick though and i dominated aslong as i could Q minions to escape

Also, Yay or nay for Sweetheart Annie? The splash is great but ingame it looks rather lame with the normal spell effects but 375 rp is basically nothing

zkylon

zkylewd
semi nsfw i guess but it's saturday soooo

I think this is the first quote from you, Zky. I'm worthy. ;____;
lol wth -__-

What could they even do with Taliyah? I'm thinking mostly on the wall/board. Or, maybe that's too much for a Halloween skin, I dunno. Lol
oh no idea

i just want a skin for her

her base is great but she deserves a cool skin after they botched that freljord one lol

Zilean seems kind of lame for a time mage.
you think?

i think a smaller rework would look cool for him, but an ancient looking guy with a giant clock strapped on his back looks really cool to me

it just needs to look like he's powerful and magical instead of a goofy old dude throwing clockwork as his basic attack lol

in promos to silver 1. Well I think silver 1.

I'm silver 2 and everyone in my games is gold 3 minimum, usually 2 high gold and 2 plats on my team. Wonder if I'll skip straight to gold

I'm 13-9 in raked with a high MMR. Might be a chance.
pretty sure u can't skip bo5 promos

Yorick feels pretty good, ive only played him in normal draft though but ive felt almost untouchable so far in lane. I did play Irelia into a Yorick though and i dominated aslong as i could Q minions to escape

Also, Yay or nay for Sweetheart Annie? The splash is great but ingame it looks rather lame with the normal spell effects but 375 rp is basically nothing
sweetheart annie is for perverts

so yes

clemenx

Banned
I roll with Panda Annie and Reverse Annie, can't go wrong with either of them.

Panda Annie is super well done and polished but there's an unbeatable charm Reverse Annie has.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i lost a game as kindred even though i had #stacks and was doing well and now i feel sad and want to try a new carryhard jg champ, should i go for rengo or k6

zkylon

zkylewd
Pick'Em seems nice. Who do you think is going to win?
hard to tell, but i'm rooting for rox or edg/rng

i love faker and would be happy if skt won but rox is such a likeable team and i also would love to see china win worlds once, specially if it's uzi that wins (and uzi playing with mata? how epic is that?)

for the group stages, i'm hoping ambition will make it out of groups but i think tsm is gonna be tough for them.

like, they beat kt which i'd say is a better team than tsm but you can't be too sure about samsung

lol wth -__-

oh no idea

i just want a skin for her

her base is great but she deserves a cool skin after they botched that freljord one lol

Don't you know, Zky? You're my favorite waifu. :3

Hah, I can agree with you on that skins. I was pretty let down on it.

Just give us Pool Party Taliyah, where she rides a surfboard for her passive and whatnot.

Pantheon needs a visual update

I hate his big ass feet, same goes for Morde.

Top Bottom