• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

6a4a2855f9ec872eaf8a85e3603bd609.png

Calvero

Banned
duck fobe has played two placement matches. two wins. surprisingly the match against the diamond adc and and plat jungler was easier than the match before with bronze and silvers

nbraun80

wow new Yorick, another champ that kills you in 3 seconds while taking zero damage himself. Cause we need more of that.
Eh, I picked nasus into one and wrecked him pretty hard. You're Q always out damages his after 8 min. or so. He can't stop you from farming, and just gives you more things to stack off with those minions. I also killed his ultimate with 2 Q's everytime. Not saying he can't be dumb when fed, but ideally if you get ride of his ultimate you should be able to handle him.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Came pretty close to selling my items and running down mid but I held out.

Pretty proud of myself

#REFORMED

Newt

Came pretty close to selling my items and running down mid but I held out.

Pretty proud of myself

#REFORMED
Disappointed.

I actually have a lot of respect for people who threaten to troll and actually go through with it. So many people say "I'm trolling" and just back down.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Disappointed.

I actually have a lot of respect for people who threaten to troll and actually go through with it. So many people say "I'm trolling" and just back down.

That's why I never say anything. I always let it surprise them.

Reivaxe

Support Sion is hidden op.

I hear that but IDK how that even works.

Without farm his passive penalty (He has infinite scaling HP from killing shit soooo he apparently has really low base HP to keep his power in check) seems like it'll make him damn weak.

Guess the logic is to get your ADC fed but then again that's more of my problem with him in this meta.

Third lost of the day, gotta rest and see what to do, mid lane is not safe for me now I need new champs for that lane and ranked people dont allow me to use Yorik in top

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Without farm his passive penalty (He has infinite scaling HP from killing shit soooo he apparently has really low base HP to keep his power in check) seems like it'll make him damn weak.

Guess the logic is to get your ADC fed but then again that's more of my problem with him in this meta.
Its sounds even more niche then gangplank sup.

killatopak

Gold Member

It's more of a synergy to the current popular champs like Jhin. Tons of cc can be chained.

zkylon

zkylewd
So how is Taliyah? I havent tried her after her release
she's basically a tf that's easier to play and not as much of a pushover in lane

but she doesn't scale that great and is less reliable specially against high mobility comps

and she got nerfed quite hard in this last patch so probably not worth the trouble atm

sion any good? i got mecha sion from a box and i havent played him since the rework

i'm a big fan of sion, he's really fun to play, suits any comp and isn't too hard to play

he's my go to guy toplane

killatopak

Gold Member
So it is as I thought ... snowball the ADC as early as possible.

Meaning you gotta rely on them :/

It's only to a point but any support has to rely on their adc anyway. Sion is also great at roaming due to his ult. As long as the laner you're roaming at has any form of cc then it's most like an easy kill.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
3-7 in placements and gold v

fuck me

I SHOULD HAVE RAN DOWN MID

destroyed a gold 1 jhin in lane as caitlyn, not sure what to think

the ezreal in my last game went Trinity Force into Iceborn

this is the quality of team mate I am getting this weekend

how do I make these people stop getting matched in my games

I don't understand

drawkcaB

Tank support who can actually cover the one weakness all other tank supports have: he can poke back just as hard.

Banzai

I'm in gold! I actually won 8 games straight and ranked up!
I only ever made it so S1 before. Now I can stop playing this game until next season without feeling bad.

drawkcaB

He still can? I remember maxing E in Top at his release and it was really stupid but they nerfed that.

His highest skill rate order is still E max first. but that's oversimplifying things.

Practically speaking, Sion is one of the few champions in the game that genuinely has the option to change their skill ordering depending on the match-up. Q max or E max first are both perfectly fine. Q has the bigger pay-off but it's iffy against champions with good mobility or with easy access to stuns, etc. that can cancel the ability. In those match-ups E max is generally the way to go because hitting E can facilitate getting off the Q stun. E max is also preferably against lane bully match-ups that Sion struggles with like Darius, Gnar, and Illaoi.

When it comes to support, Sion can do either skill order as well. Whereas a tank support like Braum has trouble against lanes with strong poke because he has limited means to retaliate (see win rates vs. Zyra, Zilean, Soraka, etc.) not an issue for Sion. His win rates against those champions aren't just better than other tank supports, you actually want to pick him into those match-ups. The flip side of that is that he performs worse vs. other tank supports because his kit is less reliable and doesn't offer the sort of protection of tank supports do, particularly as the game goes on.

The short of it is that you pick Sion when you team needs a tank but the opposing bot lane can cause issues for a tank support. The current meta in solo queue really favors him since tanks aren't as popular in either top or jungle making support the best place to have a tank on a team, but at the same time supports with good poke are strong right now so they're pretty common down there as well.

Kalentan

Can anyone explain to me how MMR is calculated? I won two games in a row as Garen (getting into Silver I), and getting S- and S in both games. Yet according to op.gg my MMR than proceeded to drop by 20 points...

Why?

Can anyone explain to me how MMR is calculated? I won two games in a row as Garen (getting into Silver I), and getting S- and S in both games. Yet according to op.gg my MMR than proceeded to drop by 20 points...

Why?

op.gg estimates MMR based on its own formula. It is not official MMR, so don't put any faith in it. We don't show MMR and it's not available to scrape either.

Reivaxe

Why?

No clue how that math called MMR works.

In normal I'm laning and winning against Gold 5s, in ranked I'm B3 :/

Top Bottom