• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Neol

No clue how that math called MMR works.

In normal I'm laning and winning against Gold 5s, in ranked I'm B3 :/

Normal MMR is separate from ranked MMR.

Can anyone explain to me how MMR is calculated? I won two games in a row as Garen (getting into Silver I), and getting S- and S in both games. Yet according to op.gg my MMR than proceeded to drop by 20 points...

Why?

A lot of the basis of your MMR can be judged on the ranks of the people your matched with. If your playing against people higher ranked then you then your MMR is believed to be higher. As such if your MMR is lower you will be paired up with lower ranks. Maybe you lost a bunch of games prior to winning those 2? In reality 20 MMR isn't a big deal.

MMR in general is whatever. If your winning games your rank will go up eventually.

Kalentan

A lot of the basis of your MMR can be judged on the ranks of the people your matched with. If your playing against people higher ranked then you then your MMR is believed to be higher. As such if your MMR is lower you will be paired up with lower ranks. Maybe you lost a bunch of games prior to winning those 2? In reality 20 MMR isn't a big deal.

MMR in general is whatever. If your winning games your rank will go up eventually.

Nah, I had won the previous 3 matches actually.

zkylon

zkylewd
oic

well i made mecha sion permanent so hopefully it's worth it
that's cool, that skin is awesome, i've been hoping to get it on a chest forever

i'll probably buy it when it's on sale

are Samsung back now?
eh, they pretty handidly upset kt which was really surprising but it's hard to tell if that was a one time thing or they're top 3 in korea for reals

as much as i hate betting against my boy ambition i think tsm will probably take the second slot since they seem more consistent and more decisive

we'll see!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
ok i restarted my computer and still cant get in. This is BS.
3rd highest play rate in the jungle. For my money he's the best solo queue jungler right now.

Im looking at the charts and still dont know when he got so high. I vaguely remember playing against a zac once and he wrecked everyone.

And enemy jungle zac is like a secured win for them if they reach late game. his R is so scary to deal with it alone. I found Kennen's R deadly, Zac R is like free kills for his team

Reivaxe

Normal MMR is separate from ranked MMR.

I know, but it's still strange that the game would recognize that they're Gold V in ranked but still match them with B3 people in normal. It tells me that either they play very lil normal (most likely the case) orrr I'm better than I would give my self credit for (don't think that's the case).

Think I'm just gonna stay playing only ranked for a bit with Illaoi and Vel. Try to play normal to just get gud with other champs to expand my pool. Like Annie ... she was the first mid I ever tried and to this day I still have no clue how to CS with her. Stopped playing her in favor of playing Sup Janna so that I could just kinda spectate games without doing much. Then I went into ADC and never tried Annie again even though she's apparently a noob easy champ.

In other news I think I'm gonna hold off on learning Kass. At least until I see if he's gonna be a part of the Asn Rework. I mean, I FEEL like he needs a bigger reworking than others and I know he's not in the big 4 but fuck, this latest rework made more changes to Annie than the big-6 Vel so who knows how much they could change. I feel like he wont get shit though ...

So yeah, my list of "wanna learn" champs are Annie/ Cass/ Darius.

Im looking at the charts and still dont know when he got so high. I vaguely remember playing against a zac once and he wrecked everyone.
Every early game jungler got nerfed over and over and over and over which opens the path to low economy CC machines to do whatever the fuck they want.

Zac is probably the most egregious of them all because his E gives him the map pressure of a fucking stealth champion.

Every early game jungler got nerfed over and over and over and over which opens the path to low economy CC machines to do whatever the fuck they want.

Zac is probably the most egregious of them all because his E gives him the map pressure of a fucking stealth champion.

Its the cycle of nerfing.

Nerf rek and gragas and kindred

Shit like zac will come on top

Then nerf zac and repeat the cycle

Its the cycle of nerfing.

Nerf rek and gragas and kindred

Shit like zac will come on top

Then nerf zac and repeat the cycle
Zac comes on top because his stupid kit was being held back by the likes of Nidalee. Get those out of the picture and all those years of unnecessary buffs shine on.
Maybe MF will finally shine at Worlds
With Braum Yasuo as top tier picks and flash knockup champions everywhere?

How about nah

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Any error messages?

Try repairing client

Tried repairing it, nothing.
Still getting this message
krgExsB.png
About as helpful as window's "Something happened" message.

drawkcaB

Steadily crept up over a long period of time. His win rates aren't the highest but like I said, I think he's the strongest jungler out there right now. He's replacing Rek'Sai and Gragas as the top tier tank jungler.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'm just gonna stay playing only ranked for a bit with Illaoi and Vel. Try to play normal to just get gud with other champs to expand my pool.

There's no reason to avoid ranked on champs you aren't as familiar with. It's the best tryhard experience you can get in soloqueue and you'll ideally be playing against people on top of their game. Nothing is gonna make you learn faster than getting your teeth kicked in and avoiding ranked for most champs only holds off the inevitable. Part of learning a champ is just grinding the matchups and playing against people who aren't taking the game seriously or are gimping themselves similarly only tells you a false narrative.

The points come and go. What's important is that you take those games as opportunities to learn, not as a metric to pat yourself on the back.

nbraun80

There's no reason to avoid ranked on champs you aren't as familiar with. It's the best tryhard experience you can get in soloqueue and you'll ideally be playing against people on top of their game. Nothing is gonna make you learn faster than getting your teeth kicked in and avoiding ranked for most champs only holds off the inevitable. Part of learning a champ is just grinding the matchups and playing against people who aren't taking the game seriously or are gimping themselves similarly only tells you a false narrative.

The points come and go. What's important is that you take those games as opportunities to learn, not as a metric to pat yourself on the back.
i kinda disagree, you shouldn't be first-timing a champ in ranked, unless you like getting flamed and losing. Also I mainly play normal drafts nowadays with friends and I'd say 90% of those games are people playing seriously. Maybe not playing their main role or champ, but at least through the laning phase it's usually just as try-hard. Not saying to be an expert but 5-10 normals to get a decent feel for spells, spell ranges, how they trade, etc is probably best. not to mention there's nothing wrong with sticking to 2-4 champs and just climbing with them.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
i kinda disagree, you shouldn't be first-timing a champ in ranked, unless you like getting flamed and losing. Also I mainly play normal drafts nowadays with friends and I'd say 90% of those games are people playing seriously. Maybe not playing their main role or champ, but at least through the laning phase it's usually just as try-hard. Not saying to be an expert but 5-10 normals to get a decent feel for spells, spell ranges, how they trade, etc is probably best. not to mention there's nothing wrong with sticking to 2-4 champs and just climbing with them.

I don't think we necessarily disagree.

My overall point is contesting ranked anxiety, i.e if you're gonna wait to play "until you're ready" then you probably never will be.

not in bronze 2 lol.

It's all relative

nbraun80

I don't think we necessarily disagree.

My overall point is contesting ranked anxiety, i.e if you're gonna wait to play "until you're ready" then you probably never will be.

It's all relative

ah ok, yeah that's definitely true, if you have ranked anxiety it is best just to get in there and play.

drawkcaB

Trying to make adjustments when I jungle and nothing's working. Shit damage. Shit kill participation. Shit everything. Even pulled out Ekko and he's half impossible to play now in the jungle. I'm just about ready to quit this game.

Kalentan

Decided to play one ranked match before bed. Turns out my college internet went to shit and I had 150 - 190 ping the entire match. Our team is getting killed and we have an Ori support. Everyone is bitching at each other and getting angry. We try to surrender.

We still won tho.

drawkcaB

And a loss on Gragas. Wonderful. Out of 5 games I played as a jungler, I had a Shen who won his lane top against a Gangplank. That was the only teammate who didn't shit the fucking bed. 6 losses in a row all told tonight. Awesome. Fantastic. Splendid.

Newt

And a loss on Gragas. Wonderful. Out of 5 games I played as a jungler, I had a Shen who won his lane top against a Gangplank. That was the only teammate who didn't shit the fucking bed. 6 losses in a row all told tonight. Awesome. Fantastic. Splendid.
Your expectations are way too high for normal games.

Ken

so what roles/lanes typically get what trinkets? also finding it a lot harder to keep baron warded than before?

Leezard

so what roles/lanes typically get what trinkets? also finding it a lot harder to keep baron warded than before?

everyone gets yellow in the beginning.

support gets red once they get sightstone.
jungle gets red on first/second back.
adc gets blue on lvl 9.
mid gets red/blue depending on what they want to do, more ganking/roaming is an argument for red.
top goes whatever really, they might get another blue/red or even keep the yellow.

nbraun80

What makes zac so good atm?
I think he's always been in a decent spot, just others were a step above him, with grag adn rek seeing constant nerfs he rose up. like rek'sai he can gank from some unexpected angles with his E, which can be a nightmare in mid playing against it. Pro play-wise with standard lanes again you'll see earlier ganks and less tower trading, and he's good at even lvl 3 ganks.

Called the Zac special weapon about 2 months ago in this very thread.
High ELO junglers have been saying Zac was coming back for like a year now lol

He just kept getting buffs, it was bound to pop off someday like Trundle did
Its harder because by the time you're doing Baron there's less wards in play as carries stop having room for pinks and people get blue and red trinkets

garath

I think I'm going to have to pull zac out again. Last time I played him he was on top and got nerfed repeatedly until he was pretty bad. I just watched meteos play him and even as tank he still does good damage again. All those little buffs definitely add up. I haven't really struggled against him so much recently but could just be bad junglers.

Vi is like god tier for me right now. I don't pick her into every comp but it seems like somewhere along the lines she got her mid to late game back and now has a pretty good power curve the whole game for me with a special little spike after completing triforce.

Khazix is still his old self and I've had some good elise and ekko games recently. Not bad. The ekko changes are kind of rough for the jungle, he has an even tougher early game imo, but has a nice midgame.

I guess if I just keep on trucking with the same champs, the meta will eventually come back to me. :)

Top Bottom