• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
Locket is donezo in the preseason because of the MR aura

Have fun dealing with double AP comps, ADCs
I could see aegis going away rather than locket

Locket might get a hiper focused version? Idk

I like the idea of it, but it warps mage balance way too much to not address it

drawkcaB

If the concept of locket is to be an anti AoE Magic damage item, then why is the shield good against all damage and so crappy? Dump the aura, give it a team wide magic damage shield, and pump up the numbers.

Oh, and redo every single support item in the game because they're all kinda crappy.

If the concept of locket is to be an anti AoE Magic damage item, then why is the shield good against all damage and so crappy? Dump the aura, give it a team wide magic damage shield, and pump up the numbers.

Oh, and redo every single support item in the game because they're all kinda crappy.

There's obviously all number of ways it could go, but investing the amount of gold to make it a decent legendary item and only block MR is somewhat unsatisfying even from a concept PoV.

zkylon

zkylewd
ryze and tryndamere are people too

also free rito kayle for regular players

honestly it kind of feels like an apology of sorts for the tryndamere post, although i bet 95% of the league community doesn't even know about that

i don't really know what to think about it, free shit is nice and all but would be nice to see an actual post on the subject or see this post at least acknowledge the whole esports thing

i think support items are really cool, mikaels, fqc, fotm, shurelyas, they're all fun to use and are both situational and always useful, i love those items.

banner of command i think allows support to contribute to pushing in a really interesting way even tho it builds out of aegis

some other items like new athenes and ardent censer and the crit item are kind of lame but i think could be turned into something good with time

honestly the only big problem item for me is aegis/locket because of how generic it is, i like ur idea of making it magic dmg shield only, but i also think that shuts down mids even more and makes balancing them against aegis even more of a thing and that's not the idea either

i think the aura has to go, that's for sure, but idk what to replace it with

clemenx

Banned
I don't see why this would be an apology? What for? 10 year aniversary is a legit thing to remember and Reddit stuffs almost never leaks into their oficial posts.

Yay for mistery gifts! Got me worried for a second as I already own Riot Kayle.

Fracas

#fuckonami
ryze and tryndamere are people too

also free rito kayle for regular players

honestly it kind of feels like an apology of sorts for the tryndamere post, although i bet 95% of the league community doesn't even know about that

i don't really know what to think about it, free shit is nice and all but would be nice to see an actual post on the subject or see this post at least acknowledge the whole esports thing

lol those things are not related at all

Have Riot said anything about locket?
Crowding support items, aura is too powerful to balance, will probably either remove Locket altogether or get rid of the Aegis aura, possibly replace it with a single ally version like Zekes because they're worried about multiple AP comps (no shit)

Also Rylais is getting changed again

zkylon

zkylewd
not saying it is an apology, just that timing feels kind of wrong i guess

also rito has been meaning to kill aegis forever, hope they finally do it

support items are like the best items in the game lol

Hmmm

Yoricks winrate seems to be low 40% across all tiers

Plat/diamond tier hes hanging around 41-44%

Looks like he needs a buff. Increase the health on his wall. Give the player full control of the maiden. Thats what he needs.

Leezard

Crowding support items, aura is too powerful to balance, will probably either remove Locket altogether or get rid of the Aegis aura, possibly replace it with a single ally version like Zekes because they're worried about multiple AP comps (no shit)

Cool. It should be a good change, aegis/locket is just too good and a forced buy for the low income players.

Hmmm

Looks like he needs a buff. Increase the health on his wall. Give the player full control of the maiden. Thats what he needs.

I think Yorick is amazing right now, maybe people wants to kill champs while hyper pushing the lane.

Maybe its time to give a the lockt as exclusive item for supports like the junglers with the jungle item?

Ah ward speed up terrain generator ,with massive damage against minions and free roam abilities would destroy the rift.
and a big butt

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm

Micro is too difficult

Just got flamed to hell and back by this Bard who proceeds to add me lol. Checked his history and that was his third loss on the bounce as Bard.

#normals

As Ez ADC, what build order should I be going?

drawkcaB

I think I'm done trying to learn Kindred for now. After some reflection and reviewing my replays, I've noticed that my performances are alright, but the current iteration of Kindred is really reliant on her marks. Did I get lots of marks? I did well. Did I not get lots of marks? I did poorly. It's too feast or famine.

And since I want to watch the world burn...I think I'll learn jungle Quinn.

As Ez ADC, what build order should I be going?

Doran's Ring -> Tear -> Uninstall.

Joking. Sort of.

Kalentan

So I know we talked about how op.gg is not reliable for MMR rating... but I just found this funny.

664b9fe09e742cca5bd2f144ccf3f0a9.png

It's like... I think I broke it? Cause I've been on a winning streak and I just went 14/3/8 Garen with over 300 CS, got my first S+ (though I've been getting S- ~ S often now) in a while. And yet according to this- my MMR has dropped by 50 since I started my win streak.

But I think I understand it. I really truly do. You know what it is?

Garen haters gona hate!

Oh man, Phreak answer as to why rito doesn't rise the prize pool and shit was deleted. I'm not surprised since it was a very emotional post from him answering some classic reddit dude who was calling him a liar, greedy, yes-man, all around a classic reddit post that should have been ignored. It must have been rough to him. I liked his post it was full of passion and feeling :(

I think the world is punishing me for something

trying as hard as I could to carry on Ryze. 82.7k damage to champs

but then we have a support taliyah feeding up a storm

and despite that we manage to pull back from 3 inhibs down and almost win

and then Taliyah walls off our team in a fight, we can't move. Malph ult -> we lose

Auchs, Nasus destroyed me , I was taking the lane in control, his jungle came to the rescue several time and I could hold the lane anymore.

Asked my jungle to help me but he was busy saving LB from going kamikazi in mid

zkylon

zkylewd
So I know we talked about how op.gg is not reliable for MMR rating... but I just found this funny.

664b9fe09e742cca5bd2f144ccf3f0a9.png

It's like... I think I broke it? Cause I've been on a winning streak and I just went 14/3/8 Garen with over 300 CS, got my first S+ (though I've been getting S- ~ S often now) in a while. And yet according to this- my MMR has dropped by 50 since I started my win streak.

But I think I understand it. I really truly do. You know what it is?

Garen haters gona hate!
Your MMR is quite a bit higher than average.
MMR
¡Has jugado demasiado DuoQ! Tu MMR puede no ser exacto.
that's mine

apparently dyn q breaks the mmr calculations so that might have something to do with it (i play 100% with 3 people or more)

Oh man, Phreak answer as to why rito doesn't rise the prize pool and shit was deleted. I'm not surprised since it was a very emotional post from him answering some classic reddit dude who was calling him a liar, greedy, yes-man, all around a classic reddit post that should have been ignored. It must have been rough to him. I liked his post it was full of passion and feeling :(

probably a good idea of him to delete it

the whole prizepool debate has been a massive waste of time for everyone involved

i can't imagine prizepools being any less important yet people make such a fucking big deal about it

who the fuck careeeeeeeeessssssssss

I wish he left it up. I think a lot of Rioters feel similarly, logging on to reddit every day to see your team, your colleagues etc. character assassinated by keyboard warriors. I want to talk to and have fun with players but there's so much vitriol, mistrust and bad will out there it's hard to wade through all that. It depresses me, can only imagine how bad he feels when some of it is directed at him personally. I think he deserves the opportunity to vent and I wish he left it up.

clemenx

Banned
What infuriates me the most when Phreak says something is that everyone starts saying "Oh, he doesn't really think what he's saying"

How fucking disrespectful can you be? Now they don't even have own opinions? Gimme a break.

All of that shit should be straight up ignored.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the best way you fight those people is ignoring them

reply to the people that root for the game instead of against it

Nekofrog

Banned
You know the whole "my teams shaco / their teams shaco" thing? I finally for the first time ever had a their teams shaco on my team. Game was over at 10 minutes, enemy Darius titled off the face of the planet and sold his half completed cleaver to build phantom dancer and shiv and started inting.

Glorious

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Played a game over the weekend and got a Rengar that went full hard tilt after the split push strat didn't work out. Pretty much started to call our team nigger and faggot. I instantly reported that sucker and logged out cuz I was done for the day. Logged on today and saw the ban notification. Sweet fucking justice. Thanks Riot.

Ryze is really fun, and I think much better designed now. He has to make meaningful tradeoffs (e.g. lower damage for shield/increased root) and the ult is really versatile. There's no de facto rotation he needs to use, you actually have to use your brain in the moment and pick the right spell combo for the right moment. He also can't build as tanky as he used to.

Cool champion, really enjoying playing him. Hard to master though. His skill ceiling is insane.

Oh, it isn't deleted. My bad, I thought it was in another thread ups.

Anyways, awesome that Rito is doing bonus IP this weekend. It's a holiday here, so I can get the most out of it if I don't get wasted all weekend long

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
no rip

also

HOLY SHIT YOU CAN ULT AS RYZE AND THEN ZHONYA'S TO TP WHILE INVLUN

THIS SEEMS BUSTED

This seems just... impratical. I can't imagine this type of play being used very often. Unless you're like the sole survivor trying to get out. Also can't the enemy seee where your porting to since the distance isn't far? Sounds like they can just trap you.

This seems just... impratical. I can't imagine this type of play being used very often. Unless you're like the sole survivor trying to get out. Also can't the enemy seee where your porting to since the distance isn't far? Sounds like they can just trap you.

it's 3000 range, which is a decent distance. If you get caught, ult then Zhonya's and you're away

alternatively, do what I did. Ult and Zhonya's onto the enemy fountain for BM just as the Nexus explodes

and it's not about how often it is, it's that it's a possibility. Ryze ult is so versatile. People haven't even come close to discovering what it can be used for and where.

It's something that could allow Ryze to split push with impunity, there's definitely uses for it

Top Bottom