• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Do you guys have champions you play, knowing you shouldn't, but are just so much fun you can't help yourself?

For me they are Garen & Leona jungle. They shouldn't work, but they do and they are stupid fun when they do. Garen does surprisingly large amounts of dmg early, but his clear isn't great. Leona brings so much cc to ganks that it get's kinda hilarious.

Ken

Do you guys have champions you play, knowing you shouldn't, but are just so much fun you can't help yourself?

For me they are Garen & Leona jungle. They shouldn't work, but they do and they are stupid fun when they do. Garen does surprisingly large amounts of dmg early, but his clear isn't great. Leona brings so much cc to ganks that it get's kinda hilarious.

teemo

killatopak

Gold Member
I play these not in meta any more but used to be stuff.

Like support fiddlesticks, jungle braum, support leb, jungle nasus, top alistar and ashe support. Just in normals though.

Nekofrog

Banned
Going from this the last time you played your main

mS1beam.png

to this

gggcLOs.png

makes my struggle to be consistent frustrating, which means i'll be in the forever plat club. i've made peace with that.

anyway, here are some highlights from that game, some funny plays, some derp crap, and some surprisingly well played teamwork from 5 randos (including a great escape that i should've died from. the flash at 2:46 was mmmfff. yes, this is the music I listen to when i play)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been playing a lot of games recently where the opponents are smurfing. Really ruining the experience as they troll the gameplay and the chat. It just because an obnoxious mess and causes some low quality games that aren't worth playing. And of course every single one of these matches I have lost. *sigh*.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
12 minutes in and 3 of the enemies are afk in base. Ended the game at 14:59.

Everyone needs a game like that here and there.

Some supposed diamond smurf Aurelion Sol main crushed Orianna and when Amumu and Orianna tried to gank bot they ended up dying to Cait + Morg. Of course the Amumu got salty in all chat and asked for reports on Orianna for "intentionally feeding" mid despite just a few minutes after that running out mid himself to throw himself into the fire.

Blizzard

Banned
By the way autofill was turned on in the middle of the day, thats hard to believe ._. lol
Long games combined with massive queue times in silver were some of the reasons I left. Maybe the millions of players are in different regions or different timezones or different skill levels from me. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
i had a dream that i had a ghost version of brandon beck show up in my bedroom and tell me a league movie was gonna happen

then the stupid alarm went off before he could tell me when

damn it

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man, I want to go to quarters

But the only airport within 3 hours is a tiny regional one that would charge me like $300 for an hour-long flight. GGWP

Quonny

Cool. Constant refreshing both the TM page and the esports page and it never even popped.

Glad they're hosting the quarters in an arena that holds anywhere from 10-40% of every other arena, in a part of the country that is starved for eSporting events.

Really great.

Cool. Constant refreshing both the TM page and the esports page and it never even popped.

Glad they're hosting the quarters in an arena that holds anywhere from 10-40% of every other arena, in a part of the country that is starved for eSporting events.

Really great.

Sorry dude, I am posting that exact feedback to esports people as we speak. I know it's been a shitty experience. Genuinely sorry :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i've enjoyed a few mobas at this point (hots, vainglory) so i think i'm ready to give lol another chance. i created an account a few years back with some code i got so have a bunch of champions owned already.

what are some newcomer friendly champions i own that i can use to learn the game? in other games i prefer support, ranged but am really open to trying anything.

i've enjoyed a few mobas at this point (hots, vainglory) so i think i'm ready to give lol another chance. i created an account a few years back with some code i got so have a bunch of champions owned already.

what are some newcomer friendly champions i own that i can use to learn the game? in other games i prefer support, ranged but am really open to trying anything.
If you wanna support with those champions, Alistar, Annie, Janna and Morgana are all decent, easy to use choices.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sorry dude, I am posting that exact feedback to esports people as we speak. I know it's been a shitty experience. Genuinely sorry :(

Honestly, this feedback should be reiterated for the ticket buying process for every single one. Finals, Semis, etc. It's been terrible.

killatopak

Gold Member
almost all the champs there are user friendly except for Alistar, Ekko, Evelynn, and Zilean.

Supports are Alistar, Morgana, Annie, Janna, and Zilean (I recommend Janna and Morgana for beginners)

Ranged are Tristana, and Sivir. Either one is pretty good but I'd go with Tristana so you can have an escape tool.

Honestly, this feedback should be reiterated for the ticket buying process for every single one. Finals, Semis, etc. It's been terrible.

I gave them that feedback, since Breezy also mentioned AXS:

We had an extremely limited quantity so they must have gone very quickly. I completely hear you @pcostigan about ticketing platforms (AXS, Ticketmaster, etc) causing player pain as of right now, we must use the ticket vendor that the venue is contracted with but we're exploring additional ticketing options for 2017.

so we're working on it. Hopefully we can find a solution.

Quonny

It's just so disappointing.

I knew when the venue was announced that there was a slim chance. Then they sold out within 2 minutes. Then they announced there would be more tickets, although very limited. So I refreshed constantly, doing nothing else, for 25 minutes. Never came up.

I read the reasoning behind the venue, and it's horrible. They didn't want there to be an empty arena. The Chicago Theatre has history. It's right downtown. But they failed to take into account that Chicago never gets esporting events, and has never had any League event, ever. People here are starving for it. I have over twelve friends that would have gone, and three of them don't even play League anymore, they just want to experience this kind of event.

But they chose the Chicago Theatre. Max occupancy of 3800, which is realistically around 3000 (my aunt worked there for over 10 years). 12000 total seats in an area of more than 5 million locals within driving distance that have rarely had any esport experiences in the area, regardless of game.

I dunno. It's such a downer. I was looking forward to seeing friends I haven't seen in 4+ years. I was looking forward to the games and personalities. I was looking forward to the spectacle. And now I will probably never experience it. I'm not spending $300+ for one ticket. Chicago just doesn't get these events. I'm just so disappointed in Riot.

Sorry dude, I genuinely know how frustrating it is. I live in Ireland, so I never even had the chance to go to an esports event before I joined Riot.

I do however know that if there was an option for a bigger arena that fit their needs that they would have gone for it. They not only have to take into account the various logistical issues with regards to dates etc., but also amenities available in the nearby area and crucially the capabilities of the arena to support the broadcast, not just the live event. I know there are many EU cities that can't actually host the event because the arenas don't have the technical capabilities for the production.

I have passed on everyone's feedback here and made the esports team 100% aware of the issues.

Quonny

No, you don't understand. Now I have to spend the weekend with my wife and her friend flying in from Cali.

Truly, this is suffering. :^)

Top Bottom