• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I gave them that feedback, since Breezy also mentioned AXS:

so we're working on it. Hopefully we can find a solution.

Thanks man. The ticketing platform pretty much fucked me and my friends and we had to pay a premium of 200 dollars for the World's tickets cuz people were selling on Stubhub...

Nev

Banned
My god, is anyone out there who actually likes and plays Kayle? Such binary, keyboard-smash-with-face, all-or-nothing, uninteresting, boring and toxic champions should be removed from the game until they're updated to current standards. But they give us a skin, k. I'd absolutely have Cottontail Teemo instead, honestly.

PSqueak

Banned
i've enjoyed a few mobas at this point (hots, vainglory) so i think i'm ready to give lol another chance. i created an account a few years back with some code i got so have a bunch of champions owned already.

what are some newcomer friendly champions i own that i can use to learn the game? in other games i prefer support, ranged but am really open to trying anything.

Annie is very beginner friendly, all her abilities are designed to basically be strung together and her passive allows you to easily pull tons of damage by stunning an enemy and literally hurling all your abilities into it.

drawkcaB

Gonna go on down to the "League has 100M players thread" in GD and see how long it takes for it to become a complete shit show.

Ah fuck it I know it'll be page 1.

EDIT: Yep, page 1.

Calvero

Banned
Gonna go on down to the "League has 100M players thread" in GD and see how long it takes for it to become a complete shit show.

Ah fuck it I know it'll be page 1.

EDIT: Yep, page 1.

meh, not as good as that DoTA/League catfight we had a few months back

garath

Give it time. Need get into the low double digit page count before the real shit starts getting flung.

Yeah. I think it's time to bail. Those threads always become trash.

We've already had one claim that dota2 is objectively better by all metrics. Everyone ignored him so I thought maybe we were safe but he just got a reply. Its over now

kayos90

Jeez. Every League thread just turns into a fucking pissing contest. I guess that's what happens when you're the most well-known kid on the block going against GAF's MOBA of choice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jeez. Every League thread just turns into a fucking pissing contest. I guess that's what happens when you're the most well-known kid on the block going against GAF's MOBA of choice.
Vain Glory players just have a lot of insecurities.

Dota 2 and League of Legends are both great games, but I do think the Dota community is much more childish when it comes to comparisons between the two. They make fun of the game and the people who play it constantly in all of the online forums I've seen, whereas League players are for the most part completely indifferent when it comes to Dota 2.

The Dota 2 players are just making themselves look bad, and that's hard to do when you're up against a game like League of Legends which has a history of negative behavior within its own community.

Recently encountering several people whom have an issue that I play Zyra mid.
Zyra mid is great, don't let anyone dull your sparkle
You can make a checklist of posts in GD threads
Prizepool? Check
But y tho Dota is better? Check
Toxic community? Check

Its funny because I rarely see League players take a piss at Dota, yet I can't say the same for the Doto heads

Leezard

Dota 2 and League of Legends are both great games, but I do think the Dota community is much more childish when it comes to comparisons between the two. They make fun of the game and the people who play it constantly in all of the online forums I've seen, whereas League players are for the most part completely indifferent when it comes to Dota 2.

The Dota 2 players are just making themselves look bad, and that's hard to do when you're up against a game like League of Legends which has a history of negative behavior within its own community.

Yup, there are a lot of Dota 2 players who love to hate on League. A bit of that is surely old timers who are still hanging on to their dislike of pendragon, but you'd think the newer Dota 2 players wouldn't care as much.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem is this forum is VERY doto biased so here doto people can just shit on league purposely using misleading information and shit and no one does anything about it

if there was any moderation we wouldn't have that problem but sadly mods don't give a shit about league, or at least the ones that do are far in between

sucks, i'd love to have good discussion but it's impossible to have if ppl that are actively sabotaging it go unchecked

Quonny

Chess%20pawn.jpg

rip

the problem is this forum is VERY doto biased so here doto people can just shit on league purposely using misleading information and shit and no one does anything about it

if there was any moderation we wouldn't have that problem but sadly mods don't give a shit about league, or at least the ones that do are far in between

sucks, i'd love to have good discussion but it's impossible to have if ppl that are actively sabotaging it go unchecked

yeah it's pretty disappointing. If people were that disingenuous about a AAA game on gaming side the thread would be a graveyard.

btw you guys should play legion its the best expansions blizzard's ever done
I'd love to give it a go but WoW is just too intimidating to me since I haven't played since fucking Cata and I have way too much to catch up. Besides that, WoW subs are fucking expensive around here and I'm knee deep in World of Weebcraft (FFXIV) to pay attention to another MMO. There's also another expac coming for that soon so I can't afford to get Legion.

kayos90

Not trying to backseat mod but my problem with every non-community League and Dota2 threads is that the mods don't do anything about the shitposting. They'll go out of their way to make sure Destiny shit posting doesn't exist but with every League/Dota2 thread they just twiddle their thumbs. At the very least ban some people as an example. There's an unprecedented lack of forum etiquette when it comes to comparing these two games yet nothing ever gets done. Yet when people start making Destiny posts that have essentially become banned memes, they get instabanned. Like.. I don't get it.

I still remember boken's outburst at this exact issue that, funnily enough, got him permabanned

feelsbadmods

having said this it feels awkward for me to complain about it. As a Rioter it looks bad for me and looks like I'm trying to get criticism censored, but it actually just comes from being a GAFfer that wants remotely decent discussion in these threads.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I remember when I just casually went into the dota 2 thread to see what the game is like and the ot was just crudely drawn MS paint images that were nothing, and I just thought why.
The whole issue was a shitshow.

iModem

Banned
What's your guys' favorite source of League news on YT? I'm trying to model myself after some "tried and true" formulas and add my own take on them, but I need to know what people like about the channels that "work".

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What's your guys' favorite source of League news on YT? I'm trying to model myself after some "tried and true" formulas and add my own take on them, but I need to know what people like about the channels that "work".
Take a look at Blakinola.

Actually dont do that. If I wanted news i would wait for the official LoL channel to update or just check Surrenderat20.

kayos90

I still remember boken's outburst at this exact issue that, funnily enough, got him permabanned

feelsbadmods

having said this it feels awkward for me to complain about it. As a Rioter it looks bad for me and looks like I'm trying to get criticism censored, but it actually just comes from being a GAFfer that wants remotely decent discussion in these threads.

In all honesty your posts doesn't look like it's trying to get criticism censored. It looks like you're trying to facilitate an ecosystem where people can actually have intelligent discussions around the two games and not drivel.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If you wanna support with those champions, Alistar, Annie, Janna and Morgana are all decent, easy to use choices.

Annie is very beginner friendly, all her abilities are designed to basically be strung together and her passive allows you to easily pull tons of damage by stunning an enemy and literally hurling all your abilities into it.

thanks - what about ranged assassin type? morgana? not a fan of annie's visual design.

S@20 is pretty much the only good "news" source since it doesn't do any of those stupid ass clickbait headlines other places constantly do.

I mostly watch Phylol since he covers meta discussions, tendencies and rising picks

Top Bottom