• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So it's been a few weeks since I climbed out of the hell that was Gold 5. Now I'm just stuck at Gold 3... I've had numerous instances where I drop into Gold 4 but instantly get back into 3 and I keep losing games in Gold 3. Some my fault and some just into dumb luck. Anything I can do to help increases my chances. Perhaps I'm not doing something in this rank that I haven't caught onto yet?

wait what happened earlier
What do you mean
So it's been a few weeks since I climbed out of the hell that was Gold 5. Now I'm just stuck at Gold 3... I've had numerous instances where I drop into Gold 4 but instantly get back into 3 and I keep losing games in Gold 3. Some my fault and some just into dumb luck. Anything I can do to help increases my chances. Perhaps I'm not doing something in this rank that I haven't caught onto yet?
What roles/champs do you play?

Any recommendations?

champs that can comeback from behind or be relevant even when behind.

top champs that can be useful even when behind most of the game:
- Garen
- Gnar
- Wu
- Tahm
- Shen
- Darius
- Malphite

top champs that can comeback from a bad/slow start and hit their stride in the midgame:
- Irela
- Jayce
- Darius
- Illaoi
- GP
- Jax
- Rumble
- Riven
- Graves
- Yasuo
- Ekko
- Renekton
- Gnar

#deeGatez
- Dogge
- Trynd
- Yorick
- Himmer

Take your pick.

thats true for any champion tho

A good swain will rekt anyone

A bad swain won't

edit-Riven is like his best match up, she's so easy to predict

Luigi87

Welp, went from one win away from Gold 2, to Gold 3, 51 LP.

Best I take a few days off before I spiral...
Last time I spiraled (tilting so hard I spiraled out of control) I went from Silver 2, 90LP down to Silver 3.
... Don't wanna do that again, lol

Newt

Played another round of heroes, it's weird how heroes has this weird feeling of zero frustration but also feels like you have zero stakes in the game.

Nekofrog

Banned
What's the biggest slide that everyone's had in terms of going down ranks? 2 seasons ago panda and I climbed from gold 5 to gold 1,then I slid all the way from plat promos down to gold 5 0 lp in like a week. That was the worst feeling ever. I still managed to climb back up and get plat in the post season but man that drop was so awful

killatopak

Gold Member
I think I have never dropped in rank before. I've been to 0 lp multiple times tho.

so why is jayce so popular recently, i thought i was being original by picking him up ;___;

The buff last patch made him really good and a large amount of youtubers predicting he will be strong this patch. That and the carry top meta is going on.

What's the biggest slide that everyone's had in terms of going down ranks? 2 seasons ago panda and I climbed from gold 5 to gold 1,then I slid all the way from plat promos down to gold 5 0 lp in like a week. That was the worst feeling ever. I still managed to climb back up and get plat in the post season but man that drop was so awful
Last season I was like Gold 2 with Plat-ish MMR and by the end of S5 I was getting matched with S2 people at G5 lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
doing placements for the first time, bot put in bronze 2 -> got to promos -> tilted so hard i lost 12 matches in a row and was stuck in bronze 4 for months, only recently have i even considered playing ranked, currently up through bronze 2 again

have some new Fiora splash arts

fRP1qfb.jpg

XGmYFes.jpg
so goooooooooooooood

Why would I use it over any other Fiora skin

She should have been spoopier like Bloodstone Taric

that's fair, but I don't think it's bad. I would use Headmistress, Project and Pool Party over both tho.

Man. We got two Fiora skins in the last year post-rework. Before that the last one was Headmistress in 2012

need more

so why is jayce so popular recently, i thought i was being original by picking him up ;___;
The buff last patch made him really good and a large amount of youtubers predicting he will be strong this patch. That and the carry top meta is going on.

:33333333333

real talk tho, he's still weak as fuck to ganks and burst so you really have to be diligent about warding. good thing about Jayce is that he can still do a lot of damage in team fights with just levels and basic items and his transition into late game is better. I actually had someone ask me to pick my Jayce yesterday. that's when you know the champ is back.

I'd never use those words to describe Garen.

I would. He still has a silence, can press a button to get tanky and an high-damage execute. That's basically the definition of being able to be useful while behind in League of Legends.

Add Sion to your list bruh.
Never played him. which of those 3 categories do you think he fits in? I've never seen a Sion do well after falling behind in his lane. Not once. I've seen plenty win their lane or break even and dominate later. But actually lose it? Like, start 0/4 and be behind in farm and come back and do work? I ain't seen it, but I can see his CC being useful at all stages of the game.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't heard anyone talk shit about malphite since I placed into Bronze I in season 3

Quonny

Build full AP and CDR.
Max Q then E.
Do nothing until you get level 5. Never level W.
Start poking with Q at level 5.
Immediately after hitting 6, ult in, Q, E, and win.

How to Malphite.

Top Bottom