• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

sorry for the late response

Supp and I mostly rotate between Lulu, Bard and Morgana

I think your decision making and item paths need to be better.

I always flick between GAFers games who I've got on my list but when I check yours you often
- Don't have sweeper after getting Sightstone
- Don't have boots
- Have a vanity item like Ardent or Zeke's as second support item when really you need Aegis/Locket or Mikaels - if not both, first.
- Stop farming lanes when your team is grouped - how can you proc Ardent and Zekes if you're no with them?
- More pink wards, not just once or twice a game.

I would also stop playing Lulu for now. She's incredibly hard to be successful in boltane and doesn't come online until you've got a Mikaels and some CDR.

I would look at the tank supports to climb. It guarantees a tank on your team, usually offer consistent, good CC, easier to make plays at low levels and get the enemy on tilt.

faridmon

I think your decision making and item paths need to be better.

I always flick between GAFers games who I've got on my list but when I check yours you often
- Don't have sweeper after getting Sightstone
- Don't have boots
- Have a vanity item like Ardent or Zeke's as second support item when really you need Aegis/Locket or Mikaels - if not both, first.
- Stop farming lanes when your team is grouped - how can you proc Ardent and Zekes if you're no with them?
- More pink wards, not just once or twice a game.

I would also stop playing Lulu for now. She's incredibly hard to be successful in boltane and doesn't come online until you've got a Mikaels and some CDR.

I would look at the tank supports to climb. It guarantees a tank on your team, usually offer consistent, good CC, easier to make plays at low levels and get the enemy on tilt.

Noted.

I am gonna play normals for now and improve on those aspects.

Another problem I am facing is low lv. That is one reason I tend to farm in lane later on.

semttulossp3a.png

Whoever dodged

God bless you

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
If there's anyone who would play Evelynn at worlds it's Bengi. If Blank gets benched then at there's a chance at the very least.

it'd be fun at least

I'm hoping the jayce buff and the rek/grag changes will make for a lot of diversity at least to start off worlds

iModem

Banned
What is the hardest ELO you guys have ever climbed through? This is not a "WAH ELO HELL :___:" but some ELO's are harder than others tbh (i've brought accounts all the way through Bronze to Master, so I've had experience in all). Diamond 5 is by far the hardest for me -- a culmination of being the most popular "boosted to" ELO (people wanting the border) and the fact that it gets exponentially harder to climb from there on up (facing streamers, pro players on smurfs, etc.).

How bout you guys

What is the hardest ELO you guys have ever climbed through? This is not a "WAH ELO HELL :___:" but some ELO's are harder than others tbh (i've brought accounts all the way through Bronze to Master, so I've had experience in all). Diamond 5 is by far the hardest for me -- a culmination of being the most popular "boosted to" ELO (people wanting the border) and the fact that it gets exponentially harder to climb from there on up (facing streamers, pro players on smurfs, etc.).

How bout you guys

Silver III to Silver I was some dumb ish.

edit: Actually, I'll change that to Silver II to Gold V.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
when your janna ints and feeds the enemy draven 6 kills in less than 10 minutes 👌👌👌👌

Way back when I climbed out of Bronze II. Unbelievably clueless teammates back in those games. The map usually consisted of 9 headless chickens and me, so every single game was a huge effort, usually dragging on till well past 45 minutes. It didn't help that I played tanks almost exclusively back then - even a 10-0 Maokai is ultimately just a Maokai who needs his team to push in or take objectives - and games went so long that even players who'd fallen way behind got full builds.

killatopak

Gold Member

How bout you guys

Hardest was diamond 5 to 4. It's filled with playera who don't care and boosted animals.

S2 to d5 was a breeze in comparison and only took me a month or two. It also helps that I had previous moba experience in dota so my fundamentals was solid from the start. It was just getting used to lol's meta.

stealth brag post

How bout you guys
Getting out of Silver 5 the first time around

It was painful

Neol

How bout you guys

Probably just me but Gold I was extremely hard to get out of. Too many games of angry people trying to reach platinum along with some plat 5 people who just didn't care anymore. Had to do my placement series around 7 times but I got through it eventually.

I'd imagine Diamond 5 to be worst though.

Talents

Banned

How bout you guys

I disliked Gold 2 to plat a lot. When I started in S4 I managed to get G2 at the season end. Could have gotten to P5 but I ended up losing like 10 or so promos to G1 in a row on the last weekend of the season, so that shit tilted me. Plat to Diamond to D1 was nothing compared to that shit. I actually found D5 really really easy even though lots of people claimed it to be the worst out of every division because of trolls and stuff.

killatopak

Gold Member
I disliked Gold 2 to plat a lot. When I started in S4 I managed to get G2 at the season end. Could have gotten to P5 but I ended up losing like 10 or so promos to G1 in a row on the last weekend of the season, so that shit tilted me. Plat to Diamond to D1 was nothing compared to that shit. I actually found D5 really really easy even though lots of people claimed it to be the worst out of every division because of trolls and stuff.

You lucked out.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I spent about an entire month at Silver 1 back in S3 when lp gains were incredibly small in the first tier of any division. After finally climbing out of it I shot up to Gold 1 in a week skipping Gold 4 and 2. Ended up repeating the same process at G 1 but I didn't cut it to make it in plat in time and that's when I pretty much quit League. Now I just come back every season to place back into Gold or play some arams but the fire that was once there I've poured into Dota and I can easily go months without playing even a single bot game, only to return for a couple of weeks and have to relearn the game/learn the new stuff. All of my old group who stayed and continued to play are Diamond 3+ and I sometimes wonder if I had stayed like they did where I would have ended up.

zkylon

zkylewd
CskIupCUsAELpk2.jpg

oh yeah the star guardian skins are gonna be the end of me

ranked hates me right now. don't get it. Last game I was beating a Mastery 7 Riven main as Kled and then our Nocturne feeds a storm, DCs and we lose.

:(
gotta fight through the bad games until the good ones come. they always come, eventually

also sorry but i find it funny that anyone would equate champ mastery to actual skill haha

killatopak

Gold Member
Weren't there youtube vids that features players who have millions of mastery points on a single champ yet still in bronze?

zkylon

zkylewd
High silver is definitely the hardest to climb out of. Too many people think they're good when they're not.

u just described every elo

Weren't there youtube vids that features players who have millions of mastery points on a single champ yet still in bronze?
champ mastery is nothing but a fancier "games played" counter

like even if it required 10 S ranks it's still a matter of just playing a lot with that champion. you can go 20 0 10 and still be bronze

if they did something like for rank 6 you need an average of A and for rank 7 an average of like A+ that's already a lot more indicative of player skill, even tho some roles like support are still pretty crap

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
High silver is definitely the hardest to climb out of. Too many people think they're good when they're not.

IIRC according to streamers/smurfs low to mid plat is the highest due to toxicity and negative attitudes.

we are winning the game. their kha jungle is basically afk cos we shit on him

we are 2 v 4 in mid cos our bot lane decides to push bot. they 4 man rush mid and take both nexus turrets while we are 2 v 4 cos our bot lane is doing nothing bot

What do I even do in this situation where two people cost you a won game.

Reivaxe

Just made it back to B1 ... one step closer to gold? I think so. I think the last time I was in B1 I didn't care too much about ranked and played Sion mid with varying levels of success. Now though? I'm riding that Illaoi train. Stopped playing mid much. Not the best meta for top Sion imo.

Feel like I'm learning so much about Illaoi. Learning when I should max E over Q, how to build her vs different comps, champ match up feels and how useful some masteries are over others..

Take me to Gold and beyond you sexy tall glass of chocolate milk, you! :')

Ken

is kog fun? i kinda want to practice him or trist tho the latter might be more worthwhile since kog is getting reverted anyways

Kalentan

Question is there something within the matchmaking for League where if you win a lot then it is more likely to put you with people who are losing a lot? Cause it really feels like the game has a equivalent exchange going on. You can't win a lot without losing a lot following. I was one match away from getting into Gold Promo's and now I'm at 0 LP. It's like the game sky rocketed in difficulty and everyone on the enemy teams just began to pick the same few op champions over and over.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Question is there something within the matchmaking for League where if you win a lot then it is more likely to put you with people who are losing a lot? Cause it really feels like the game has a equivalent exchange going on. You can't win a lot without losing a lot following. I was one match away from getting into Gold Promo's and now I'm at 0 LP. It's like the game sky rocketed in difficulty and everyone on the enemy teams just began to pick the same few op champions over and over.

Well when enemies start Warbanding in buses you'll see that they are probably well coordinated. But thats what bans are for.
and farsight

Top Bottom