• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

killatopak

Gold Member
That Nunu Blood Boil change a while back sounds like something that should belong to Aatrox.

Eh. I think It's more of a support ability. Aatrox is a solo laner and a split pusher at his core. It could increase the attack speed of minions but it ain't gonna be that good on him.

I keep forgettingg Aatrox even exists

Cant be a jungler
Cant be a top

Aatrox cant be anything.

Hey he works okay on those two things. Just okay tho. Nothing special. He was my first main. I feel sad that I don't play him anymore. Okay I admit he sucks but it's not trash tier. or is he?

Quonny

jesus

just got my ekko figure

ordered at 3:40 PM two days ago, arrived at my home at 1:20 PM, less than 46 hours later.

Quonny

cQ1vmw7.jpg

Still like Jinx da best.

Reivaxe

I have faith that Riot has the vision to see that Illaoi as not had a new skin yet and that "Janna" not only has a fuck ton but also a legendary skin.

So Imma say "show me the receipts" on that guy.

I checked his post history and apparently his receipts check out :'(

But I'll still hope against it ...

I checked his post history and apparently his receipts check out :'(

But I'll still hope against it ...

Yeah, that's what worries me. Give those skins to literally anyone else. Janna? Jinx? Lux again for the Ultimate?

Fuck that noise. You want to talk about Rigging? You want to talk about 'outdated' models? Lux is right there with Swain in age(Lux literally came out 2 weeks after Swain!). Not to mention that Ultimates tend to be a brand new model with new rigging anyways, so the excuse of 'well he has an old model' are invalid. Like, that's straight up bullshit.

Man. I'm a salty motherfucker sometimes, but I think Lux getting another skin would just make me give up on League.

Newt

I don't think you realize how bland a champion Swain is Breezy. Gameplay wise it's like he has two abilities.

Thats why Riot isn't releasing stuff for him.

If the player requested it, yes. But those skins aren't legendary/ultimate quality.

Swain also has two models and Beatrice, making skins more work for him anyway.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
If the player requested it, yes. But those skins aren't legendary/ultimate quality.

Swain also has two models and Beatrice, making skins more work for him anyway.
"Cough"yorick"cough"

But i do see the trouble of having to prioritize certain champs over others. I for one await a galio rework where it isnt shit to play against him.

zkylon

zkylewd
it feels that the effort that would take to make a swain skin (shapeshifting, probably a bad rig since his walking is so bad, definitely gonna have to be updated in the future, player expectations) means that it should probably not be worth it to do anything below maybe a 1350rp skin?

and then you have to make a really good one which you're encouraged not to since it's gonna change quite a bit when he gets rework

so yea, swain's in a bit of a lose/lose

Reivaxe

Ya know, I keep all chat off cause I don't like being distracted by kids trying to tilt me.

So it's always a nice lil treat when you see a baby raging in the lobby after a win.

On a side note ... I didn't even realize we had a mummy on the team til like 12 mins in cause he didn't come top once. That's why I pretend I have no jg ... :v

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
it feels that the effort that would take to make a swain skin (shapeshifting, probably a bad rig since his walking is so bad, definitely gonna have to be updated in the future, player expectations) means that it should probably not be worth it to do anything below maybe a 1350rp skin?

and then you have to make a really good one which you're encouraged not to since it's gonna change quite a bit when he gets rework

20 second ult cooldown. I get more mileage from Kassadin's ult.

Like I mentioned

Ultimate skins tend to be different from their base model. So even if they made an Ultimate skin for Swain, and decided to remodel him, the remodel should still have different animations/rigging compared to the ultimate skin.

Like if they decided to remodel Sona, her ultimate skin probably wouldn't be touched since it's sufficiently modern and different enough.

zkylon

zkylewd
20 second ult cooldown. I get more mileage from Kassadin's ult.
?

it's still two character models with different animations (bird swain should totally fly!)

Like I mentioned

Ultimate skins tend to be different from their base model. So even if they made an Ultimate skin for Swain, and decided to remodel him, the remodel should still have different animations/rigging compared to the ultimate skin.

Like if they decided to remodel Sona, her ultimate skin probably wouldn't be touched since it's sufficiently modern and different enough.
models aren't such a big deal, it's the mix of model+new skeleton+new animations+new vfx that might be thrown in the dumpster cos who knows maybe reworked swain doesn't transform :I

The work an ultimate skin for Swain would take is probably better put torwards reworking his visuals

Sort of how Spirit Guard Udyr was originally going to be a visual update but ended up being a skin, but the other way around
So how long until Kog'Maw gets his revert?
Probably a week

Like I mentioned

again, you're not taking into account how big the rework would be. We'd be talking about changing literally every spell except maybe Nevermove? And I know this because I've been using Swain as part of my studies.

That would mean completely reanimating every ability after the rework, completely redoing all VFX for every changed ability etc. etc. That takes a whole lot of work, and takes time away from people making new stuff or working on other champions etc. etc.

trust me, it's not feasible.

clemenx

Banned
What? I'm not following. Are you saying Swain doesn't need a rework?

Swain is my 2nd most played champion and I love turnning into a bird thing and kill everything while recovering all the damage as much as anyone but he most definitely needs a rework lol.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What? I'm not following. Are you saying Swain doesn't need a rework?

Swain is my 2nd most played champion and I love turnning into a bird thing and kill everything while recovering all the damage as much as anyone but he most definitely needs a rework lol.
Well since a rework is unfeasible I'd rather have nothing at all.
Wait that didnt come out right.

Reivaxe

Yeah, that's what worries me. Give those skins to literally anyone else. Janna? Jinx? Lux again for the Ultimate?

Fuck that noise. You want to talk about Rigging? You want to talk about 'outdated' models? Lux is right there with Swain in age(Lux literally came out 2 weeks after Swain!). Not to mention that Ultimates tend to be a brand new model with new rigging anyways, so the excuse of 'well he has an old model' are invalid. Like, that's straight up bullshit.

Man. I'm a salty motherfucker sometimes, but I think Lux getting another skin would just make me give up on League.

I understand Jinx getting one. The fandom has been gushing over that artist SG Jinx skin for a long long time. Not TOO offended by it over some others I would have preferred.

But Fucking JANNA?!? She's got skins out the ass and a legendary. Also, I wonder why Jinx is the legendry one. There's nothing about her that screams Magical girl. At least with Ashe and Sion getting legendary skins in their skin line they kinda make sense lore wise (Ashe is a leader or some shit. Sion is a undead murder machine so them coming back like that makes sense). Maybe she's like the one Pretty Cure member every season who use to be on the bad guy's side but converted and that will be reflected in her new lines?

And fucking LULU?!?
I'm pissing myself off.
Just gonna chill and wait 2 more weeks to be disappointed in Riot not tossing some of that love to meh girl Illaoi :(

It always feels good to wreck Nasus with Illaoi. Lol

Yup, You can just TELL they're looking up some counter pick bullshit online and thinking in champ select.
"Who counters Illaoi?!?! Oh, I know! Nasus! I can get mad fresh stacks off her tentacles yo! (or how ever kids talk these days)"
Me- "Imma slap ya around, rush a EC and BC then feed on ya :^) "
Them- "OMG, soooo unbalanced! I'm too simple to realize you exploited my champs trait by itemizing against me and using a mastery that allows you to not get mega death slowed :mad: "

Nekofrog

Banned
Still waiting for a good irelia skin that isn't hyper sexualized.

Who am I kidding, she has the best skin in the game, aviator.

I understand Jinx getting one. The fandom has been gushing over that artist SG Jinx skin for a long long time. Not TOO offended by it over some others I would have preferred.

But Fucking JANNA?!? She's got skins out the ass and a legendary. Also, I wonder why Jinx is the legendry one. There's nothing about her that screams Magical girl. At least with Ashe and Sion getting legendary skins in their skin line they kinda make sense lore wise (Ashe is a leader or some shit. Sion is a undead murder machine so them coming back like that makes sense). Maybe she's like the one Pretty Cure member every season who use to be on the bad guy's side but converted and that will be reflected in her new lines?

And fucking LULU?!?
I'm pissing myself off.
Just gonna chill and wait 2 more weeks to be disappointed in Riot not tossing some of that love to meh girl Illaoi :(
You're saying Jinx isn't magical girl material while wanting Star Guardian Illaoi lol

Reivaxe

You're saying Jinx isn't magical girl material while wanting Star Guardian Illaoi lol

Whose more magical, a crazy girl who uses 3 guns to shoot shit or a kraken priestess who calls upon her god to slap down her enemies and test THEIR SOULS?

I love me some Jinx, she and Trist are my ADCs of choice though I never play ADC these days. But come on, Illaoi? Syndra? Liss? LB? Earthbender? She's more magical than these female champs?

just feel lucky that he won't get a half rework like malzahar but a full one like taric

he'll be glorious i bet

Yeah, you don't have to fear every rework.

Could be great. Shit worked out for Taric, Sion and Poppy at least. Not sure about Ryze but pros seems to like him. Not sure about Yorick but he's much more interesting now.

zkylon

zkylewd
well magical girl is supposed to be young which kind of rules out illaweewee

also needs to look girl in a skirt, tho i think ilinois could def pull that off

She's a petite girl with blue hair

She's closer to a magical girl than all your examples combined except Taliyah. If you wanna complain complain about having two yordles lol now thats weird

Reivaxe

well magical girl is supposed to be young which kind of rules out illaweewee

also needs to look girl in a skirt, tho i think ilinois could def pull that off

Illaoi's not that old. Fucking Janna aint a spring chicken anymore and the Yordles are old as fuck >_>

She can be the Irisviel, the motherly figure and magical veteran.

She's a petite girl with blue hair

She's closer to a magical girl than all your examples combined except Taliyah. If you wanna complain complain about having two yordles lol now thats weird

Annie's more magical girl than Jinx and all of them but we don't want that, now do we? (I wouldn't mind a legendary Annie "dark magic girl turned good" cause it makes sense and she could use a overhaul in VO and animations but that's outta the question, she has too many damn skins as is)

I don't mind Poppy, she's cool as the lil bruiser. I MIND LULU THOUGH!

zkylon

zkylewd
Illaoi's not that old. Fucking Janna aint a spring chicken anymore and the Yordles are old as fuck >_>

She can be the Irisviel, the motherly figure and magical veteran.
needs to be a kawaii teenagare dood

honestly i'm not against iloopi getting a sailor moon skin but nothing about her makes you think magical girl

Top Bottom