• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Xeilyn

well for starters i wouldn't say ori is unpopular, but other than that

i think she's in a pretty ok spot, the removal of athenes hurt her quite a bit but also rylais is really broken right now and that's an item that works really well with her kit since she can apply it on like a 1.8s cd. she still struggles with ppl that can push her early like ahol or velkoz or azir so she's not as safe of a blindpick as she used to be, but i think she's still rewarding if u play a ton of games with her

i specially don't like playing against ad assassins with her cos rushing zhonyas on her is super punishing in a way it isn't on other mids, so other than that, i'd probably pick her into anyone if you're willing to concede laning phase in certain matchups

build her morellos -> rylais -> void staff (as in, same build as syndra) and if you farmed right you'll be chunking adcs for half their health and permaslowing them too

idk why people seem to still do morellos deathcap on champions like ori and syndra when rylais is seriously completely broken, but w/e, NOW YOU KNOW

also don't use her heartseeker skin cos apparently that skin is cursed and it's impossible to win on it. use poro ori or one of the originals (i personally like tpa ori a lot)
Ive only seen Ori like 4 times since i started playing 6 months ago but i see that her pick rate is rather high.

What about GLP or Rod of ages? I mean rod of ages is really slow so i guess thats the answer but i kinda like GLP.

Right, how would a typical lategame build look like? also her passive seems rather hard to utilize, do you weave attacks between your q's and stuff like that?

EDIT: Also, you sure about heartseeker? i like i winter wonder but its hard to get

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
talesofvaloran67.png

after exactly 1 year tales of valoran is back!

:>

man how time flies
and nootnoot you suck

zkylon

zkylewd
jinx02_dcwj_by_dcwj-dai4o9s.png

so good, truly looking insane there

Ive only seen Ori like 4 times since i started playing 6 months ago but i see that her pick rate is rather high.

What about GLP or Rod of ages? I mean rod of ages is really slow so i guess thats the answer but i kinda like GLP.

Right, how would a typical lategame build look like? also her passive seems rather hard to utilize, do you weave attacks between your q's and stuff like that?
i don't like roa cos i find scaling builds boring and also cos i want cdr asap on ori. glp can work as a more mid-game oriented rush but i just don't like hextech revolver and idk, if u want more mid-game just buy morellos

regular build on her would be morellos -> sorc shoes -> rylais -> void staff -> death cap -> zhonyas. i run her standard mid runes to round up the 40% cdr

you can switch stuff around and get a zhonyas early against zed, abyssal against maybe like kassadin or something, get liandrys if u don't need the zhonyas (but generally you want it on ori since it's stats + cdr + awesome active)

and her passive isn't too big of a deal, you should generally look to tank some dmg with e and extend your trades so you can get about 3 autos off. you should q+w them and chase while autoing and q'ing. q and w don't have a cast animation so you gotta cast it while auto spacing to get em autos off

later on the passive isn't really used unless you're dueling, but it's not a bad idea to auto a bunch if you can since it does a ton of dmg

Reivaxe

That pic got me thinking about Jinx.

If the rumored leak is true (seems likely :/ ) and she's getting a fancy legendary skin just like how Ashe just got one of the best skins in the game recently then maybe there's a reason behind this.

Maybe they're trying to get everyone all hyped up over ADC so that more people try out the role/ champ.

Maybe this is Riot's way of spreading the communities collective butt cheeks, getting them nice and ready for the filthy assassin rework to land in hard. Tons of new people playing Jinx and Ashe = more food to for those dirty assassins.

Looks like I might have to dust off my Sion Mid once again once the rework hits. I was thinking about it but now I'm sure of it. >_>

again, not to comment on any particular champs/leaks, but the main criteria for skins is usually that the team has an idea for them, and they will do a bunch of mockups and get feedback on them. Sometimes multiple champions get pitched for a skin line and they choose the best etc.

but mainly it comes down to a compelling idea. Some champions with their design just naturally suits skins better than others. Also some champions suit skin tiers better than others. It's pretty hard to make a 750 skin for champions with multiple models because of the work required etc.

So instead of having some sort of schedule for champions so that all of them get some love, its more of a popularity contest from the skins team.

Disappointing.

It's pretty hard to make a 750 skin for champions with multiple models because of the work required etc.

considering the presumed profit margins they're pulling from these skins, I don't think the amount of work required matters. it's not like you could approach a point where it's not economically feasible to make the skin. tell them to stop being fucking tightwads in paying the animators and artists.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wrong fingernail colors, forehead too big, skin too healthy, Fishbones is fucked up, 4/10
i swear you people drive me insane

That pic got me thinking about Jinx.

If the rumored leak is true (seems likely :/ ) and she's getting a fancy legendary skin just like how Ashe just got one of the best skins in the game recently then maybe there's a reason behind this.

Maybe they're trying to get everyone all hyped up over ADC so that more people try out the role/ champ.

Maybe this is Riot's way of spreading the communities collective butt cheeks, getting them nice and ready for the filthy assassin rework to land in hard. Tons of new people playing Jinx and Ashe = more food to for those dirty assassins.
lol wut is this theory even

So instead of having some sort of schedule for champions so that all of them get some love, its more of a popularity contest from the skins team.

Disappointing.
lol that's one way of looking at it

you want the S tier skins skin designers come up with, you don't really want them to just do a skin for champions out of obligation that might be subpar or whatever. i mean, they already do a bit of that with the 750rp skins, but if u want really cool ones then it's gotta be a matter of the perfect design coming together at the right time and everything

like imagine if they went through all champions alphabetically and released like 5 skins per month, can't you imagine them doing skins on a schedule being a bad idea like that? doesn't it remind you of the time rito did champions on a schedule?

considering the presumed profit margins they're pulling from these skins, I don't think the amount of work required matters. it's not like you could approach a point where it's not economically feasible to make the skin. tell them to stop being fucking tightwads in paying the animators and artists.
yeah, i agree with this, the idea rito always presented was that skin prices were only based on features on the skin, so model swap is 750, model swap with back animation is 975, 1350 is all new vfx, etc.

that being said rito probably goes like, if they're gonna make the extra effort to do a 750 skin for someone like nidalee that has two forms and whatnot, they might as well add a few extra details and make it worth their while by selling it for 975

i honestly have zero issues with this, i feel like 750 skins never feel like such a great value

my biggest issue with skins is that they should probably get a price pass so that all model-only skins are 750, etc. it feels really unfair to me that skins like bladecraft ori are 975

Suprise Party Fiddlesticks and Primetime Draven are the best value skins in the game.
i don't get it but ok

i like star guardian lux a lot cos it has a different dance (which lux needs badly since her default is super lame) and the bestest recall animation evar

also like all lux skins it makes her vfx harder to see which is fine by me haha

Reivaxe

again, not to comment on any particular champs/leaks, but the main criteria for skins is usually that the team has an idea for them, and they will do a bunch of mockups and get feedback on them. Sometimes multiple champions get pitched for a skin line and they choose the best etc.

but mainly it comes down to a compelling idea. Some champions with their design just naturally suits skins better than others. Also some champions suit skin tiers better than others. It's pretty hard to make a 750 skin for champions with multiple models because of the work required etc.

Oh, I was just joking (About the skin part, not about Sion Mid. That's likely gonna come back. Not sure why people think I'm trolling when I play that ... just common sense to fight assassins with a tank that can wave clear well o_O. That being said it works best when someone on the team picks a fake support like Lux, Vel or some other strong ap mid with good wave clear)

Interesting that that's how it works. For some reason I felt fandom had something to do with it. Always hear about skins inspired by someone's fan art but I don't know of any examples of that that's come since I started playing last Dec.

Sad, was gonna muster up my old Digital drawing skills and make a "deep sea" Ursula inspired Illaoi skin that would be like the legendary skin in the "Deep sea" line. Oh welp.

that being said rito probably goes like, if they're gonna make the extra effort to do a 750 skin for someone like nidalee that has two forms and whatnot, they might as well add a few extra details and make it worth their while by selling it for 975

this is pretty much it. multiple model skins take more work and therefore are more likely to just go the extra mile and make it 975, or 1350 if there is lots of potential with the idea.

and jesus I can't imagine an animator not making bank lol those guys get paid cos they're rare

zkylon

zkylewd
i just wish rito did more copyright infringement skins

gurren lagann is awesome but there's so much more anime to rip off

Reivaxe

Sion mid is pretty much trolling lol. A decent player would punish that shit hard.

Really? I started doing it after watching Soultrain do it in D2 games. He did it vs QTPie and inspired him to do it cause it rekt his Brand iirc. A guy who can and has spammed Sion in every role (even ADC) just got to masters on stream.

Not saying I'm smart on the matter by any means but it's a match up I don't think many people expect when playing certain champs and I would call people in those elos more than decent. :/

Reivaxe

There's several skins that take inspiration from fan concepts. Popstar Ahri (you're welcome), Arcade MF, Battle Bunny Riven to name a few.
I see I see.

Thing is that I don't know of any recent examples. That could be the old way of doing things vs the new way. Maybe those are recnt? Only been playing since dec so maybe they're new relative to most skins.

Also, Kled needs a Plumber skin ... with a red flat hat ... and a green Skarl.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sir Kled came close
oh yeah i forgot about that

sir kled is great

also this would be cool lol

EstqtZo.jpg

i kind of got tired of overwatch but i do hope rito is looking at some of the stuff that game does right

i hope new client means they're gonna start tracking unique stats for champions like overwatch does. that stuff is always really fun to see at the end of a game

like i would love it if there's something like for lux
% of how many times each spell landed, # of ppl killed with ult, # of ppl killed in one combo, # of ppl killed as a result of a q landing, # of passive procs on champions , # of /laugh, # of barons and dragons stolen, etc.

i love that type of stuff, and personalized for every champion. probably a lot of work but would be so cool

Newt

Really? I started doing it after watching Soultrain do it in D2 games. He did it vs QTPie and inspired him to do it cause it rekt his Brand iirc. A guy who can and has spammed Sion in every role (even ADC) just got to masters on stream.

Not saying I'm smart on the matter by any means but it's a match up I don't think many people expect when playing certain champs and I would call people in those elos more than decent. :/
I mean people have played Teemo only and got to masters.

Sion is just a champ that can get heavily punished in mid compared to his normal top/support roles.

you want the S tier skins skin designers come up with, you don't really want them to just do a skin for champions out of obligation that might be subpar or whatever. i mean, they already do a bit of that with the 750rp skins, but if u want really cool ones then it's gotta be a matter of the perfect design coming together at the right time and everything

like imagine if they went through all champions alphabetically and released like 5 skins per month, can't you imagine them doing skins on a schedule being a bad idea like that? doesn't it remind you of the time rito did champions on a schedule?

Which is why I said its a popularity contest

If you have an animator who really likes Jinx, obviously theyre going to spend more time think about jinx then say, Illaoi. So obviously their creativity is going to pour into Jinx, and then it becomes a matter of convincing the team. If the whole team likes X champions, then obviously those champions will get more skins.

Its a popularity contest. I can see the upsides to that, but its also a shitty way to create because they end up tunneling with stupid concepts for their favorite character, and it ends up leaving part of the roster in the dust.

And if artists have issues being creative with characters they may dislike or ignore, than thats on them. I wouldnt mind having atleast a sort of structure to skin releases, so that atleast all champions can get some love.

Reivaxe

I mean people have played Teemo only and got to masters.

Sion is just a champ that can get heavily punished in mid compared to his normal top/support roles.

Until very recently Sion was my most played champ and I only played him mid. The only champs I've had problems with in lane are Syndra, Kass and sometimes Yas. Sure, low elo and all, but looking at those high Elo Sion players and what they have to say I really do feel like he does well in many match ups mid for the same reason he does well as Sup ( Tanky and can harass/ farm at range). Mid lane is the lane of soft mages and Assassins so something like that works imo.

The reason I stopped was because I realized how reliant I am on this group of randoms to play well and deal DMG. Also he requires a good team comp to work out well. Like with Soultrain, today I watched him crush this TF lane in a D2 game and not die for most of the game ... but they still ate a L. I feel like it's cause They had a Janna Sup, Tank Mid, Tank Jg, Fiora and Jhin. There were only 2 people on the team who were building DMG and one was melee so ultimately there wasn't much that could be done in a team fight if the 2 DMG champs were not super fed and ahead.

So that's why I say I think it can work just fine in lane, the comp is the real hill to get over.

Having much better luck with Illaoi top, feel like part of Illaoi's power is part of Sion Mid's appeal. No one really knows how to fight you too well and they don't expect that DMG early. There's also that fact that at my elo people fight thinking that if they fight in a zerg they can kill the scary person ...

zkylon

zkylewd
Which is why I said its a popularity contest

If you have an animator who really likes Jinx, obviously theyre going to spend more time think about jinx then say, Illaoi. So obviously their creativity is going to pour into Jinx, and then it becomes a matter of convincing the team. If the whole team likes X champions, then obviously those champions will get more skins.

Its a popularity contest. I can see the upsides to that, but its also a shitty way to create because they end up tunneling with stupid concepts for their favorite character, and it ends up leaving part of the roster in the dust.

And if artists have issues being creative with characters they may dislike or ignore, than thats on them. I wouldnt mind having atleast a sort of structure to skin releases, so that atleast all champions can get some love.
eh, i think you're not being realistic with what the situation here is tho:
- most champions DO get skins. i'd say about 90% of the roster gets skins or is in the process of getting a skin. this is a bit outdated but seriously pretty much everyone gets a skin: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_skin/Available_skins
- some champions get more skins because of different reasons. ahri gets a lot of skins cos everyone loves ahri and she's easy to skin compared to some more difficult champions. riot also has skin designers that may favor some champions more than others. zeronis is gonna do all the waifu skins, rito penguin is gonna do the edgy skins, etc. but mostly ahri, annie, etc. get a lot of skins cos they're popular and a skin for ahri makes a lot more people happy (including rito, ofc) than a skin for karma.
- some champions don't get skins and that's a conscious decision, usually because those champions suck and will get reworked/visual updated/both. these are your urgots and your yoricks and your tarics. look at taric, he got reworked, two months later he had a skin.
- sometimes champions don't get a skin cos other technical or creative reasons. zac was like rito couldn't figure out what to do with him, i think zyra was a lot of trouble animating all the plants or some shit like that, etc.
- there is a schedule of sorts, they don't just do 5 ahri skins a row, and they leave some skins up for victorious, challenger and championship stuff, as well as world team skins.

but most of all the idea that a lot of champions get screwed is patently false, just look at that skin list

it's china

china don't care

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
You play Yi to roleplay as a cleanup crew. If your team is lacking utility/frontline then he's not a solid pick.

Top Bottom