• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Reivaxe

Real talk zkylon Syndra just got the winter skin less than a year ago, would have been even more recent when these were being concepted.

That may be the case but I still feel Syndra was robbed.

Unless she's a ... FALLEN/ DARK SG WHO TOOK THE POWER SHE WAS GIFTED AND REJECTED THE RESPONABLITY OF A LIFE LONG COMMITMENT, using that power as she likes!!! >:D

Leezard

The SG Janna splash art is fantastic by the way. I probably won't get the skin since I have both Victorious and Forecast, but the splash art is excellent.

Reivaxe

New page so Imma bring this up ...

Gaf, I got a problem.

I've been playing so much damn Illaoi that she's become my most played Champ. Above Diana who I used to learn mid lane and was my main for so long. Above Sion who I used all the fucking time until Dashy Mc Hop Hop melee carries became the new meta over tanks.

I've gotta say I think I'm getting good with her. Been using her to get back into rank and I've been winning a good deal. According to OP I have a 60% win rate with her which I assume is good. (Guessing that's counting all the games I played to learn her)

But now ... because she's so damn unique and different to other champs ... I feel like I have no clue how the fuck to play any other champ I was good with before. Like I legit feel like a new born baby horse playing Diana or Trundle. I'm just sitting there thinking "what's this shit? How am I supposed to fight this clown with Au-au-auto attacks? :/". Sion's not too bad cause his kit is full of AOE skill shoots and he can take a hit but it's nothing like Illaoi's "2v1 me brah" style. My most recent Trundle game was one were I played like a bitch in a match up I use to beast on. 2 of my 4 kills came from me realizing that "unlike with Illaoi I don't HAVE to stay in this area at this level! I can just walk away and not lose meh power" and rotated mid to clean up their low bot lane that just got some kills.

Not sure what to do. Keep doing what works or try to invest more time into learning other champs? Cause I like playing ranked as the wins actually count for something but I don't wanna drag champs into it blind just cause Illaoi was banned or I was given Mid.

Noticed this was a major problem today when I got Mid and played Vel into LB. Won with a 2/10 KDA. I legit had to remind myself over and over that I can't just E people after they hit me cause I was just letting them drop the DPS on me thinking I could turn it or not being more careful about BC hooks cause in Illaoi mode you WANT to be in their group, ulting :/

Xeilyn

Hold on! Star Guardian Poppy is a 1350 skin? Atleast make her abilities blue or something, not just some stars around them, the others get new colors...
pL5eywL.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
IDK, I feel like the easier it is for you to 100 to zero someone the more you have to be punished if you can't do that.

That's the big flaw in balancing them IMO. No one likes being Insta booped so making them not do that is better for those people playing against them but is gonna be less appealing to thos "Check out how I insta booped this loser, dude! :D (or w/e kids say these days)" types.
idk, a ton of champions can oneshot or pratically oneshot you even if they're not assassins. i'm thinking of most junglers early game and some adcs and tops, as well as most mages even if it's less instant than assassins

the problem with assassins for me has always been that ALL they do is oneshot people, so when u tone them down so they take a bit more time for it they turn out to be useless cos why would i play leblanc who has to get fairly close and can't waveclear when i can just fish for q's with lux from 1k range and oneshot ppl anyways and also i have ranged waveclear

that's why like half a year ago i was talking about making assassins play more like a "trickster" class, add a lot of diversion and deception qualities to assassins so if they're not gonna be main waveclear and they're not gonna be oneshotting ppl in a quarter of a second then they can make ur team waste time chasing them, they can bait summoners, etc.

Part of your problem is that you had not the best team comp for it. You needed to AP support that's gonna build straight dmg at the very least. That sup doesn't appear to be trying to be a AP carry and your top laner was feeding.

Like I said, it's situation and reliant on your team. You win lane or take mid tower and try to snowball other lanes with ult. That's the flaw in it ... you can do well all game but if you're team aint working together/ doing enough dmg/ or if your DMG dealers are behind it falls apart. Their ADC doesn't give a fuck about you if you can't CC them with a DMG dealer who can kill them to follow through.
i'd say it's more of a cheese than a legit strat, specially in ranked where ppl are gonna be tilted at champ select if they see you pick sion

Real talk zkylon Syndra just got the winter skin less than a year ago, would have been even more recent when these were being concepted.
well i didn't like snow syndra very much so that's double lame for me :>

New page so Imma bring this up ...

Gaf, I got a problem.

I've been playing so much damn Illaoi that she's become my most played Champ. Above Diana who I used to learn mid lane and was my main for so long. Above Sion who I used all the fucking time until Dashy Mc Hop Hop melee carries became the new meta over tanks.

I've gotta say I think I'm getting good with her. Been using her to get back into rank and I've been winning a good deal. According to OP I have a 60% win rate with her which I assume is good. (Guessing that's counting all the games I played to learn her)

But now ... because she's so damn unique and different to other champs ... I feel like I have no clue how the fuck to play any other champ I was good with before. Like I legit feel like a new born baby horse playing Diana or Trundle. I'm just sitting there thinking "what's this shit? How am I supposed to fight this clown with Au-au-auto attacks? :/". Sion's not too bad cause his kit is full of AOE skill shoots and he can take a hit but it's nothing like Illaoi's "2v1 me brah" style. My most recent Trundle game was one were I played like a bitch in a match up I use to beast on. 2 of my 4 kills came from me realizing that "unlike with Illaoi I don't HAVE to stay in this area at this level! I can just walk away and not lose meh power" and rotated mid to clean up their low bot lane that just got some kills.

Not sure what to do. Keep doing what works or try to invest more time into learning other champs? Cause I like playing ranked as the wins actually count for something but I don't wanna drag champs into it blind just cause Illaoi was banned or I was given Mid.

Noticed this was a major problem today when I got Mid and played Vel into LB. Won with a 2/10 KDA. I legit had to remind myself over and over that I can't just E people after they hit me cause I was just letting them drop the DPS on me thinking I could turn it or not being more careful about BC hooks cause in Illaoi mode you WANT to be in their group, ulting :/
if it works for u then go ahead. i have a friend that got diamond playing singed, has like 3 only-singed smurfs on high plat and that's all he can do

pick some safe and easy champion for ur off-role (velkoz is fine) and you're set

the explanation on ori is pretty good, specially since solo q idiots seem to be buying luden's echo on her of all things

ori feels in a good place right now, like i said when she got buffed, i feel like everyone's cd should be nerfed to a number closest to hers instead of other way around, but i'll take it. i understand that's too much but i feel like in this meta you can't play around ultimates anymore, you trade ultis in lane and you go back and people always have them again and it's not that rare that you ult twice in a same teamfight and shit

i really don't like that, i feel like 40% cdr is cool but right now there's zero tradeoffs and it just feels like the risk reward stuff of using your ultimate just isn't there, i'll spend ori ults on the support and not get punished for it, i don't think that's how the game should be

inb4 nerfs
nah, that's gonna be syndra

she's gonna be top tier at worlds i feel

Hold on! Star Guardian Poppy is a 1350 skin? Atleast make her abilities blue or something, not just some stars around them, the others get new colors...
yeah, they should make her vfx blue

CDR is too easy to get these days. 40% should be something you go out of your way for, not something that's fucking handed to you because you have CDR runes and bought core items. Abyssal and Zhonya's have no business having CDR.

zkylon

zkylewd
CDR is too easy to get these days. 40% should be something you go out of your way for, not something that's fucking handed to you because you have CDR runes and bought core items. Abyssal and Zhonya's have no business having CDR.
i don't have a problem with zhonyas and abyssal having cdr, to me that's kind of fitting and makes them better as laning items which is very good

but i think most champions' cds should've been nerfed to compensate, similar to what they did with mana

this also includes ad since youmuus is now super strong

also since EVERYBODY runs cdr/lvl blues nowadays, maybe remove rune system altogether :>

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
i don't have a problem with zhonyas and abyssal having cdr, to me that's kind of fitting and makes them better as laning items which is very good

but i think most champions' cds should've been nerfed to compensate, similar to what they did with mana

this also includes ad since youmuus is now super strong

also since EVERYBODY runs cdr/lvl blues nowadays, maybe remove rune system altogether :>
Woah lets not get to crazy here.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd go as far as say

remove runes for everyone but leezard aka the only person that likes em

everyone is happy this way

killatopak

Gold Member
CDR is very easy to get these day on any champ.

Like you wouldn't normally get cdr on adcs and mid laners at all last season. Mid laners rely more on bursts than sustained damage and adc was more on kiting while aa.

zkylon

zkylewd
CDR is very easy to get these day on any champ.

Like you wouldn't normally get cdr on adcs and mid laners at all last season. Mid laners rely more on bursts than sustained damage and adc was more on kiting while aa.

wait cdr on mids was always core

it's just that now you have 10% from runes and 10% from zhonyas/abyssal on top of morellos

killatopak

Gold Member
wait cdr on mids was always core

it's just that now you have 10% from runes and 10% from zhonyas/abyssal on top of morellos

It was only morellos and athene's back then. You get your other cdrs from runes and the additional 5 from masteries. Nowadays, you don't even need the cdr runes to get full 40% cdr.

Now there's a lot like the hextech items as well as zhonya and abyssal. Most mids even take ionians as well cause of the new passive and forgoing sorc boots.

Top laners get a lot of cdr now between the Death's Dance new IBG, Trinity and even Warmogs.

ADC gets the Essence's Reaver or even goes for the new ionian+ghostblade+BC for full 40%.

Supports gets even more CDR not only in their items but also because of how items slots are more efficient for them because of the new ward items Eye of the ****.

Junglers basically just get items from laners.

There's too much cdr that sometimes riot balances on that fact.

I knew something felt off. I was too into her design to notice it.

Make her stuff blue!! It's not fair at all.

Reivaxe

idk, a ton of champions can oneshot or pratically oneshot you even if they're not assassins. i'm thinking of most junglers early game and some adcs and tops, as well as most mages even if it's less instant than assassins

the problem with assassins for me has always been that ALL they do is oneshot people, so when u tone them down so they take a bit more time for it they turn out to be useless cos why would i play leblanc who has to get fairly close and can't waveclear when i can just fish for q's with lux from 1k range and oneshot ppl anyways and also i have ranged waveclear

that's why like half a year ago i was talking about making assassins play more like a "trickster" class, add a lot of diversion and deception qualities to assassins so if they're not gonna be main waveclear and they're not gonna be oneshotting ppl in a quarter of a second then they can make ur team waste time chasing them, they can bait summoners, etc.
That actually does sound like a good idea. I feel like that's what they're going for with the Rework, saying that they're looking into giving them counter play and having them have to take more time to kill you as well as changing some of their mobility/ stealth.

I know from the 3-5 times I've played Fizz that the most fun I had was just being a slippery fuck. Feel like that's the appeal to some champs like Fizz and Shaco and Zed and such so maybe they're gonna play on that with the reworks.

i'd say it's more of a cheese than a legit strat, specially in ranked where ppl are gonna be tilted at champ select if they see you pick sion

I think it's a bit of both. It's a LIL BIT like Shaco Top in that part of Sion mid is making the enemy laner regret logging in by tilting the hell outta them. If you can force a Fizz or w/e to stay mid and make it to mid game being under farmed without feeding them then that in it's self can be a boon for the team. Just relies too much on your team comp cause a 2/0 Sion building ZZrot and tank aint gonna stop the enemy too good if bot lane is feeding and there's no good AP dmg on the team.

if it works for u then go ahead. i have a friend that got diamond playing singed, has like 3 only-singed smurfs on high plat and that's all he can do

pick some safe and easy champion for ur off-role (velkoz is fine) and you're set

Yeah, but sometimes I get Illaoi banned from me and I'd like to not have to take Vel Top just cause I don't wanna dodge.
And besides, it's a game. I haven't played most champs yet so I'd still like to mess with some others.

yeah, they should make her vfx blue
Agreed, I hope they change that. I get why her skills don't change shape as much as others but at least make them have a interesting color change.

drawkcaB

The reveal page isn't working so here are the abilities:

Passive: Ivern loves jungle monsters and would never harm them. Instead, he sets them free! Clicking on any jungle camp creates a grove using some of Ivern's health and mana. The grove matures over time; when fully grown it can be clicked on again to free the camp's denizens, granting Ivern gold and XP. Smiting a camp with a grove on it instantly sends the monsters to safety.

After level five, the Green Father creates copies of the red and blue buff whenever he frees the Red Brambleback or Blue Sentinel—they'll leave behind a sapling which can be picked up by allies.

Q: Ivern shoots out a ropey root that deals magic damage and (as you'd expect) roots the first enemy it hits. Allies who use a basic attack on the rooted target will automatically dash to get within attack range.

W: Passive: When hiding in brush, Ivern's basic attacks have increased magic damage and range. This effect lasts for a couple seconds after Ivern leaves the brush.

Active: Ivern creates a patch of brush, temporarily revealing the area around it. The amount of brush created is slightly greater if it's placed near a wall or any other brush. The Green Father's grassy patches disappear on their own after a moderate delay.

E: Ivern places a protective seed onto his ally, granting them a shield. After a short delay the seed explodes, damaging and slowing all nearby enemies.

R: Ivern summons Daisy, an enormous sentinel who loves hugs. Daisy scampers around joyfully, knocking up Ivern's target after a few hits. Ivern can recast this ability to direct his boisterous friend toward new targets. She'll hang around until her hankering for hugs has been satisfied, or until her health bar is depleted.

clemenx

Banned
Is the dash instant when attacking the rooted target? Imagine you root the Juggernaut the ADC is kiting masterfully and... Hilarity ensues.

where does the jungle minions go when that ivern takes them?

edit: ohh.

wait what role is he?

He is a jungle support. I don't think his laning is very good tho, definitely a jungler.

Is the dash instant when attacking the rooted target? Imagine you root the Juggernaut the ADC is kiting masterfully and... Hilarity ensues.

Coordination is key! but it puts them within attack range, so nothing dangerous for ADCs

So Ivern is basically ranged support jungler. As an Ivern main I'm super pumped.

He is only ranged while standing in brush, and I don't think he's ADC range even at that.

Reivaxe

no offense dude but you're probably the last person on leaguegaf that should be giving out advice on what to do mid.

Well fuck, sorry if I pissed in your cereal or something. Just trying to describe how the concept works as I've seen it successfully used and have used it myself in the past. o_O

It's not something I pulled outta my butt, I can actually post a vid of a D1 Sion mid vs Qtpie which inspired him to try it.

Never said I was good at anything or that you should do w/e. Hell, I stopped doing it for the reasons I listed ... but like any off meta pick it's something that can work if done right and done well.

Well fuck, sorry if I pissed in your cereal or something. Just trying to describe how the concept works as I've seen it successfully used and have used it myself in the past. o_O

It's not something I pulled outta my butt, I can actually post a vid of a D1 Sion mid vs Qtpie which inspired him to try it.

Never said I was good at anything or that you should do w/e. Hell, I stopped doing it for the reasons I listed ... but like any off meta pick it's something that can work if done right and done well.
i would not list imaqtpie as a reliable source of midlane prowess in any situation.

I was right about Ivern being the support of the jungle?! Oh shit! And his walking with his lanky self is adorable.. Aaaah <3 My new character!

Top Bottom