• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Reivaxe

Wait, I'm confused. What does the brush do? I know it can interact with his W passive but I wanna know how they they intend for it to be used in practice/ lane/ combat.

Xeilyn

The issue with Poppy's skills is one of clarity: her Q and W have to be pretty close to the base for in-game reads. It's a tradeoff we have to make sometimes.
Then they shouldnt have chosen poppy, feels pointless when you compare her vfx to the others. Unless they change the price to 975

Ivern looks way too goofy for my tastes but his kit is really cool

Ken

Hold on! Star Guardian Poppy is a 1350 skin? Atleast make her abilities blue or something, not just some stars around them, the others get new colors...

1350 is gross and I really don't think she should have been chosen for SG skin since her outfit looks closer to a holy paladin than sailor moon. With that in mind I think the gold effect color does kind of work.

And in the end I'll take a holy paladin Poppy over her current ones (I know battle regalia exists but meh).

Fog of war FOV denial, if you create brushes people need to facecheck things.

The strategic implications of such a skill will fundamentally change how you approach a game with Ivan in it, such as Yorick did last patch.

For example, creating bush to block line of sight for a dragon/baron, to block a wards line of sight, or in a teamfight to create bush within a fight.

Now, this is dependent on whether the bush will block LoS like a regular bush, or if it follows its own rule where an opposing champion has to be inside in order to see whats in the bush, whether or not he has teammates already inside the bush.

I got the shark Aatrox skin, not bad, if only the champion wasn't shite.
The strategic implications of such a skill will fundamentally change how you approach a game with Ivan in it, such as Yorick did last patch.

For example, creating bush to block line of sight for a dragon/baron, to block a wards line of sight, or in a teamfight to create bush within a fight.

Now, this is dependent on whether the bush will block LoS like a regular bush, or if it follows its own rule where an opposing champion has to be inside in order to see whats in the bush, whether or not he has teammates already inside the bush.
I surely hope it works like a normal brush - wardable, no vision from outside, limited vision inside - because that could create some very interesting situations. Tricking people by limiting vision, straight up creating Fnatic brushes somewhere on the map, and so on.

This champ is pretty hype from an organized play standpoint.

Nekofrog

Banned
I've been playing for years and I can't ever remember a time where there has been a champion as useless as aatrox. Even a lot of the old pre rework ancient champions like WW and Sion and Gallio etc still served a purpose (as niche as they are) they still actually have situations where they CAN do well under specific circumstances.

Aatrox literally does nothing that can't be done by like 20 other champions better than him

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been playing for years and I can't ever remember a time where there has been a champion as useless as aatrox. Even a lot of the old pre rework ancient champions like WW and Sion and Gallio etc still served a purpose (as niche as they are) they still actually have situations where they CAN do well under specific circumstances.

Aatrox literally does nothing that can't be done by like 20 other champions better than him

deadnames weeps

Neol

This guy's animation is top notch. The walk has so much swag to it.

The only thing I'm afraid of is his synergy with Rengar.
Fuck rengar

Leezard

This guy's animation is top notch. The walk has so much swag to it.

The only thing I'm afraid of is his synergy with Rengar.
Fuck rengar

At least they both are primarily junglers. That stuff can get nasty indeed.

Oh wait, Rengar will benefit from enemy Ivern as well.

Reivaxe

Is he a Smite Support or a Support Jg? Seems like he can chill bot, roam a bit and bam ... 3 people on your team has a blue buff (one from your side and one on Ivern and one on an team member who roamed with him into the enemy JG post level 5)

Seems like wards are gonna be super important on both sides. Hell, couldn't he hold a tower from ADCs by hiding it behind a line of bushes, forcing them to over extend to hit it?

Leezard

Is he a Smite Support or a Support Jg? Seems like he can chill bot, roam a bit and bam ... 3 people on your team has a blue buff (one from your side and one on Ivern and one on an team member who roamed with him into the enemy JG post level 5)

Seems like wards are gonna be super important on both sides. Hell, couldn't he hold a tower from ADCs by hiding it behind a line of bushes, forcing them to over extend to hit it?

Supportive jungler. His abilities don't look that great for laning, and having smite instead of exhaust/ignite as support is really bad.

Aatrox still isn't as bad as old Eve. He at least has a role and a lane to call home, even though he's a troll pick you have an idea of what he's meant to be. Old Eve had literally no place in the game, she was nothing.

He's a jungler with utility, supports are never taking smite unless they want their ADC to get fucked.

I am gonna use it support, looks like he can help the jungler to enter faster

PSqueak

Banned
Aatrox still isn't as bad as old Eve. He at least has a role and a lane to call home, even though he's a troll pick you have an idea of what he's meant to be. Old Eve had literally no place in the game, she was nothing.

He's a jungler with utility, supports are never taking smite unless they want their ADC to get fucked.

I can't even comprehend what kind of utility would a support with smite bring, chilling smite? It's called exhaust!

Is support + Smite something people really do?

Reivaxe

I can't even comprehend what kind of utility would a support with smite bring, chilling smite? It's called exhaust!

I remember I won a ADC game with a Smite Lux Sup.

Also thought Smite Cass top and Cass-Twitch bot was a thing at some time.

Pretty rare most likely a troll, even nidale and teemo supports pick that as the ultimate troll tool but they have decency

Kalentan

Guys... I'm in my series to gold.

NUyttbn.gif

killatopak

Gold Member

the old ap jungle item and blitzcrank was a normal sight to see.

It was gone after the runic echoes replaced it.

Top Bottom