• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

drawkcaB

I've been checking out information on lol wiki for Ivern and I'm more confused as to how to build him. His base stats are abysmal, which is something I could sort of feel the more I messed around with him. He's roughly in line with Zilean and Nami, for reference. I don't see a sensible way for him to become an AP bruiser through itemization if his base stats are just going to hold him down. I think you might actually have to go for a support-ish glass cannon build on him.

I think the biggest problem he has right now are those absurd health and mana costs he has for using Friend of the Forest in the mid-game (levels 10-12 costs are particularly obnoxious). My gut feel is that once Riot does the logical thing and make those costs linear levels 1-18 then he'll become OP.

drawkcaB

My general impression of Ivern at this point is that he has some serious usability issues that need to be corrected. He's made of glass to he point that I'd be concerned with the amount of minions the enemy has when I gank. That's how soft he is. Minions will fuck him up. Clearing a camp costs 20% of your health from levels 7-13. That's absolutely ridiculous. Any other viable jungler by that point isn't taking any damage what-so-ever. Daisy is completely retarded. She changes targets all the time and the delay on the 3-hit of her passive knock-up makes it way too easy for targets to escape. His shield, and this might be lag on the PBE, doesn't apply half the time. It's the only shield that I know of that has a snap mechanic to it and I'm pretty sure it's fucking things up.

I want to pick him up because a jungle-support is super interested, but there's lots of stuff holding him back, so I won't bother until this all gets corrected.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think latest ep of legends rising has been my favorite

most of the series has always been about how much the teams have given up and hasn't really stopped to celebrate what they accomplished. on one of the first episodes you see rekkless say he doesn't care about being #1 in europe, it's world or nothing, and i've seen dyrus and other players say similar things

for me i find it really refreshing to see someone like revolta being openly proud of what he accomplished, and i think his story was one of the most interesting ones so far

legends rising is the shit

also rip star guardian syndra

star_guardian_syndra_by_de_spell-daiivk0.png

you were the chosen one...

I've been checking out information on lol wiki for Ivern and I'm more confused as to how to build him. His base stats are abysmal, which is something I could sort of feel the more I messed around with him. He's roughly in line with Zilean and Nami, for reference. I don't see a sensible way for him to become an AP bruiser through itemization if his base stats are just going to hold him down. I think you might actually have to go for a support-ish glass cannon build on him.

I think the biggest problem he has right now are those absurd health and mana costs he has for using Friend of the Forest in the mid-game (levels 10-12 costs are particularly obnoxious). My gut feel is that once Riot does the logical thing and make those costs linear levels 1-18 then he'll become OP.

you build him like nunu

Reivaxe

I actually do wonder if they're hinting at Dark/ Fallen Star line for the NEXT patch.

Cause if you read the story on the site it's clearly leading to something yet it's not complete.

It starts with the origins of SGs, then it goes into part of what they gotta do in the magical girl based setting (gotta fit in, do the whole double life thing cause NO ONE CAN KNOW WE'RE MAGICZ and work together). Then it talks about how some reject the commitment and responsibility and how it can have far reaching effects (this is were we currently are. Sets up Jinx as being rebellious and iffy on things but ultimately she's down for the cause it seems as seen in her VO). Then there's some last coming soon thing and there's gonna be a personality test.

I could see next PBE patch showing what happens when a SG does that. It can finish that whole lil chapter and set up for a team vs team story flavor conflict thing in game. Could see 3 dark/ fall SGs to start off (I don't think they would release 2 legendary skins back to back so the big lorey skin would have to wait).

Quonny

It would be super interesting if her W was a healing, toggled tether and while tethered her Q would boost the healing it did.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
can i get to gold as support??

I got to gold then plat playing support

If you're in bronze/low silver you might want a support-ish champion that can straight up build ap for damage because your adc is likely to be terrible (and you get to become the midlaner after laning phase if he's incompetence incarnate as well).

Once you start getting decent adcs and/or some semblance of teamwork in your games you can go with the full utility support champions and builds.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Poor soraka, the healer who cant heal in time.

Bronze = no way
Silver = maybe
I climbed from bronze to gold playing Janna and Leona in season 3. It wasn't until I got to gold that I began to expand my champion pool and role selection.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I finally took Newt's advice. Some jackass picked before me and stole AD after asking and I said no. So I locked in Bard jungle.

I feel better.

I finally took Newt's advice. Some jackass picked before me and stole AD after asking and I said no. So I locked in Bard jungle.

I feel better.

Soon you'll be able to do Support Ivern with Smite.

Smite seems to be mandatory. Otherwise you spend a lot of time waiting around.

Reivaxe

Soon you'll be able to do Support Ivern with Smite.

Smite seems to be mandatory. Otherwise you spend a lot of time waiting around.

I really do think he's more support than JG.

I think people just haven't been going about it the right way on the streams I've seen. His bush skill is being slept on everywhere I Iook.

One of the few times I saw the bush used well was in the stream where the devs played. Enemy Diana was super fed, enemy Ivern put a bush behind the dragon pit that didn't look outta place at all. Dev Ivern and some team mates walk up towards it and get jumped on by a fed Diana. I remember the devs also saying that Smite Tp could work on him so that he could counter JG over and over again.

From what I heard if you place a bush between the bot lane bushes it links them up and bam, it's like it's all one bush and it acts that way for as long as the bush is there.

You can wall off an entrance to a lane and create Fog Of War where there normally wouldn't be any. This could be used to bait people into thinking it's a trap or just used to set a trap.
Seems like he's a champ that's gonna demand the use of wards out of fear of face checking random dark areas or out of place bushes.

But so far I have only seen people use it to ... extend his AA range or give Rango a bush to jump from :/

Dude seems like a massive mind fuck waiting to happen, wonder how he's gonna be received.

I just end up disappointing myself every time I read posts talking about Ivern. I won't be able to play him. T^T

I still haven't even played as reworked Yorick.

Ashhong

Is Riot done sending out the 10 year gifts? I got the Poro icon, but the Kayle skin is not in my purchase history like the Poro icon. I however have the Kayle skin, I just can't remember if I unlocked it myself a long time ago or if I got it as the gift. I know for sure that I never received notification of the skin gift.

y2dvd

So I jumped back on after a long hiatus and all this loot craft stuff is new to me. I got a few materials like hextech chest, key fragments, and mastery tokens with a few different characters. What do these do?

Ashhong

So I jumped back on after a long hiatus and all this loot craft stuff is new to me. I got a few materials like hextech chest, key fragments, and mastery tokens with a few different characters. What do these do?

For now just forge any 3 key fragments that you can into regular keys and use them to open chests. Once you get shards, you can either purchase them to become permanent with essences, use 3 of them to make a random permanent, or sell to earn essences to create other permanents.

Top Bottom