• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

I mean that's not really how Riot works. We're pretty transparent with each other on a lot of this stuff, so when content like skins/champions get leaked it's stuff people know about. Trust is a big part of Riot culture and we trust other Rioters with this information and not to break that trust.

Makes it all the more disappointing when someone leaks stuff.

The esports post was intended to go up later today anyway, which makes it all the more sad that this person wanted his 5 mins of fame for leaking info that would have been out soon anyway. idk.

huh

Thats one way to not get info leaked. It's possible then that there's multiple people leaking shit

Like the star guardian leak, was done by a guy who leaked the pirate stuff last year(If I read that line of thread correctly).

Was this more or less the case?

Apparently?

I'm not one to tell Riot what to do to leakers(I would like them to make a dragon master swain skin tho) but they should uh, punish them. Having multiple leakers makes that job harder since pin pointing where info is coming out is harder.

Like costy said, no company would want to hire a leaker.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Apparently?

I'm not one to tell Riot what to do to leakers(I would like them to make a dragon master swain skin tho) but they should uh, punish them. Having multiple leakers makes that job harder since pin pointing where info is coming out is harder.

Like costy said, no company would want to hire a leaker.
Do what sfv does and have your director actively lie to your audience and have the players leak new characters when the patching phase happens.

if you're talking about me I don't work in the esports department lol

I'm a generalist writer as usual that's just been writing esports stuff recently. Also this was sent to everyone in the company, not just esports.

Have you noticed anyone in an oversized trench coat or perhaps wearing a fake mustache? That might be your lead into the leaker.

Real question (unrelated to the leaks) for you. If memory serves, Rioters can participate in daily playtests, right? I think you're encouraged to? IF that's the case, do you guys play on builds before they even go to the PBE as like an extra layer of internal testing?

Xeilyn

Oh great, just noticed the worlds schedule. All the matches start at 01:00 am here untill day 7, at day 7 i might be able to watch one or two matches since they start at 22:00. After that i can watch 2 quarterfinals and 1 semifinal.

Wont be able to watch the finals since it starts at 01:30 am and i work the day after

Really disappointed

Leezard

back to the pre30 salt grind :^)

Why do you get so many accounts, do you get above the rank you want to smurf in or what?
Oh great, just noticed the worlds schedule. All the matches start at 01:00 am here untill day 7, at day 7 i might be able to watch one or two matches since they start at 22:00. After that i can watch 2 quarterfinals and 1 semifinal.

Wont be able to watch the finals since it starts at 01:30 am and i work the day after

Really disappointed

Yeah, times sucks for everyone in EU.

shira

But but but

The company's decision to continue offering a comparatively smaller prize pool of roughly $2 million each year is in part a way to future proof the professional gaming branch of League of Legends, says Yeh.

According to the eSports head, the company is prioritizing investing in the League infrastructure as whole — a strategy that Riot believes will ensure the longevity of League of Legends as an eSport more than the offer of a giant pool of money each year could.

Translation Riot is some greedy ass mofos.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
As a person who deals with IT software and hardware and what it does internally, I can safely say that the average employee, even workign at Riot, will not know how to prevent being caught when leaking this shit. lol. It's not as simple as taking a snaggit and fucking sending out via gmail and shit. People who leak and don't get fired understand the ins and outs of the system or how to outsmart the system entirely. I agree with costy.

As a person who deals with IT software and hardware and what it does internally, I can safely say that the average employee, even workign at Riot, will not know how to prevent being caught when leaking this shit. lol. It's not as simple as taking a snaggit and fucking sending out via gmail and shit. People who leak and don't get fired understand the ins and outs of the system or how to outsmart the system entirely. I agree with costy.

do it from the public library outside of work

bam, circumvented.

And don't business like Riot would use techniques like the canary trap to make the leaker expose himself without knowing so?

Anyways leaks suck, even more with a company like Riot that doesn't really keep us in the dark or anything.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Is all random urf this weekend?
Edit: someone in the current league gaming thread said something about runes being on the way out. Is that a rumor or confirmed?

6kq7xZ3.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
And don't business like Riot would use techniques like the canary trap to make the leaker expose himself without knowing so?

Anyways leaks suck, even more with a company like Riot that doesn't really keep us in the dark or anything.

Social Engineering is definitely a thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i've gone back to my "always lose with viktor" phase so i think i'm just gonna spam lux and syndra until plat

i liked viktor as my safe pick but i feel one pre-6 gank can set him back an entire game

i think at this point i'd rather just ban fizz and pick syndra or something

Top Bottom