• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Poppy's VFX were updated in today's PBE

poppypassive.jpg

compare.jpg

poppyq.jpg

compare2.jpg

poppyw.jpg

comapre3.jpg

poppye.jpg

compare4.jpg

poppyr.jpg

compare5.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
yea saw that on twitter

very detailed, it's great

honestly i'm not a big fan of any of these skins, but this made poopy's much better

it really didn't make much sense for her not to have colored vfx when her gold vfx doesn't really comunicate anything unlike ahri q or something

I know we're in the middle of some drama here, but I made my second episode of LEONA SCHOOL and would like some criticism.

https://youtu.be/-zrp2rQakQw
wish u had gone a little more on her q canceling cos for some reason i have a lot of trouble pulling it off right on wards

i don't get much practice cos i don't really play support but still

also didn't know you could animation cancel her ult, that's probably pretty useful in lane

i feel like you might get more mileage out of doing less intro/outro stuff while your channel is small. you spend like 20% of your video time on that stuff and while it's cool for u to make ur brand and everything i don't think anyone ever likes "wasting time" watching intros, and ppl like qtpie or whoever just get away with it cos they're famous or w/e

so i'd say maybe do a short intro on the subjects you're gonna talk about and go right into the good stuff. you can still do an outro if you want

oh and since you're starting out, i know it's a pain, but i would re-record those mistakes and make sure to get them right on video. again, i think pros can get away with it but if you're starting out you probably want to show your stuff the best way it can be

Ashhong

Wait wait, so 25% of last year's champion skin's revenue would have doubled the prize pool? The pool was 1 million? Goddamn that's a lot of revenue from one skin.

Also I didn't realize it was Championship Zed this year. Why?????

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait wait, so 25% of last year's champion skin's revenue would have doubled the prize pool? The pool was 1 million? Goddamn that's a lot of revenue from one skin.

Also I didn't realize it was Championship Zed this year. Why?????
pool was 2 million

and yeah i was thinking the same thing not a minute ago

they made 8 million off that kalista skin lol

that's just insane

zkylon

zkylewd
more worlds news (i'm just gonna post worlds stuff here, i don't really care to discuss this shit with doters):

riq9z5S.jpg

tldr is (as this shit is always way too complicated for its own good):
- you can buy icons for 250rp (30% goes to that team)
- you can upgrade the icons to unlock extra stuff by using jewels. you get 2 jewels by buying those tokens on game days (max 1 per day) for 150ip, or you can buy hextech chests for 195rp and those will come with 3 jewels also
- you can upgrade icons twice, takes 10 jewels for tier 2, 12 for tier 3. tier 3 gets u a special recall animation, tiers 1-3 give u a team emote
- you can also upgrade a regular worlds icon but there's no real benefit to it so idk what's the point? i guess cos if you're not gonna spend rp you already have those useless jewels anyways lol

- you can also upgrade a regular worlds icon but there's no real benefit to it so idk what's the point? i guess cos if you're not gonna spend rp you already have those useless jewels anyways lol

People like to pay for pointless things

Just look at all the ahri skins

:)

Ashhong

pool was 2 million

and yeah i was thinking the same thing not a minute ago

they made 8 million off that kalista skin lol

that's just insane

That makes it even more than I thought lol. Crazy...can someone do the math really quick to figure out how many were sold?

zkylon

zkylewd
That makes it even more than I thought lol. Crazy...can someone do the math really quick to figure out how many were sold?
about a million since 975rp is like $7.50? there's probably tax and other things to consider so maybe it's a little more but still

i mean if you think about it, game played by 100m ppl, a limited skin for a fairly popular champion should sell pretty well

now if that was kalista, imagine what arcade ahri was lol

zkylon

zkylewd
I sure spending permanent currency on temporary rewards.
honestly i don't have much of an issue with it as long as they keep these things up for worlds/msi

like, i don't want the tsm spam to be up all year long

it's also something that's super optional and while like everything has some predatory aspects to it, it's pretty minor compared to other things. at least there's no randomization in it, and at least you get to use it next year also

what i want none of is randomized bullshit like in the casindium (yea this doesn't work but whatever lol)

Calvero

Banned
really short Riot survey: age, account level, how many hours per week do you play league, and do you play ranked or normals (how often).

stoked for star guardian jinx but disappointed that if they were doing Madoka-inspired skins with the little kyubey-alikes they didn't also make Mami Nami

Newt

stoked for star guardian jinx but disappointed that if they were doing Madoka-inspired skins with the little kyubey-alikes they didn't also make Mami Nami
I guess Ghost and I have to back down for now. Good luck to you, and I hope you don't suffer the same fate as Opiate.

Newt

Breezy is wrong about liking Swain, but it could be worse. He could play Sion mid or AD TF.

Even worse he could play Yi support like Ghost.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah but until you have like 2000 cumulative shitposts across the numerous league threads you ain't one of us

So get to shitposting

Top Bottom