• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

drawkcaB

Tahm jungle is so insanely fun and good. I ruined the hopes and dreams of the opposing Rengar enough times to send him into a depression. His counterganks are so goddamn lethal, love it.

zkylon

zkylewd
just got an a guy start the game afk

he reconnects before remake time

runs and afks mid invade so he dies so no more remake

then afks for real

then comes back after bot lane is destroyed

"sorry..." he says, and we're all it's cool, we were actually winning mid and top so no biggie. somehow they three man dove our support and we got two kills off that. their players were honestly really fucking bad lol

he dies like 4 times in a row

whines to both teams for different reasons

afks and dies repeatedly

you don't encounter this level of professionalism every day

Reivaxe

Loved that we won this one! Looked like shit was gonna go side was half way through it.

Also ... that Susan must not have been happy.
.. :D
wVUseg8.jpg

I only played cause I was negative in LP after dodging a game.
But I had to, it was gonna be a troll game.
Fucking Elise begs me not to pick Illaoi cause they didn't want to go into late "with no CC!". We had a damn Kennen mid and HER and she's worried about me being the CC?

And on top of that our Sup went from hovering Susan to locking in MF (She was also bitching about the Susan support which was understandable), making bot a 2 ADC lane... Had to dip outta that.

zkylon

zkylewd
qik3kBOh.jpg

so turns out ad tf works only if 17 death draven is adcing on the other side coupled with i'll just sell my phage to buy a chain vest hecarim

also i'm duoing with my plat 1 buddy and i love how all these plat shitters blame me for being gold lol

zkylon

zkylewd
nights like this when u get trolls and afks in half your games and even the ones that are ok are full of people raging and whining make u feel like riot really does a bad job at scaring people from this type of behavior, while at the same time the game really leaves u feeling very impotent and upset when this kind of things happens to you

i'm not asking for riot to be more strict, because it's not riot's fault that one guy decided to play on someone else's account and troll and be open and mocking about it. or that some guy has a shitty internet connection and keeps disconnecting. riot isn't to blame because people online behave like children because this has happened in every online game i've ever played, people have been sexist, racist, homophobic, antisemitic and generally shitty in every multiplayer game ever

all of that is out of riot's control and i know they're trying and i know they've improved stuff but i really wish the game made a way better job at not making you feel like the person that's been shitty to you got away with it

cos honestly i think riot's idea of reforming players and stuff is fair and i agree with it. prisoner island is dumb (specially in a f2p game) and people make dumb mistakes they regret later. i cheated in cs 1.6 when i was like 15 and i thought i was being hilarious when i was actually being an idiot. most people are probably just being idiots like i was.

but i think riot is being really bad at making u feel like ur reports mean something. that "bug" that made the "person you reported has been banned" message only show up to the last reporter can't be still in a game that has you reporting people almost every single game. neither i or any of my friends have once seen that message and while i understand some people have bad days we play this game every day for years now and we've reported people that were seriously shitty.

and a lot of times when u tell someone you're reporting them they'll be like "whatever riot doesn't do anything". i don't really believe that, but the lack of proper feedback for reporting means that that's the running impression among a lot of people, people that take advantage of that idea and people that feel hurt for that. riot's got a player behavior team, they know changing the color of a message from blue to red can actually alter players' behavior, what effect do you think "trolls and feeders and ragequitters and bigots go unpunished" have?

i know people have a lot of negative bias but i actually always play with 3+ friends (actually today i didn't, so no wonder i encountered a bit more toxicity) all the time and this is still an issue. the time i remember the league community being actually tolerable was when the first announced the honor system. everyone guessed there was gonna be some sort of prize tied to honor so ppl were on their best behavior just in case. this didn't make people friendlier or actually good people, it just made them quiet, which is actually perfect. but since the system ended going nowhere, people went back to their normal selves and everything was shitty again. i'm guessing the numbers didn't turn out as well as it sounds in my experience so that's why riot just put the lid on the system, but i noticed it a lot at least.

and i get it that you don't wanna bribe people to be good cos once they get their bribe they'll go back to being bad, but i think some sort of bribery is good, specially the way riot do it that's unpredictable so it's hard to game. that's very smart and that's the right way to do it, but at the same time i think there need to be some system that keeps constant tab on you so that you feel a bit of a constant pressure to not be a total shithead.

and at the same time actually reward people that are providing with good players to ur community. i've played this game for almost 5 years now and have never even got as much of a warning, and while a couple mystery gifts is nice it's just a random skin for a random champion, chances are it's gonna be a trash gift. i got like a talon skin or whatever, that's the same as trash for me, that's not much of a reward or praise for the effort i've put on of taking this much abuse and not saying a word. i'm not asking anything personally cos i honestly have all the champions, skins, runes, etc. i want so there's nothing like material for me to gain, but i actually felt better about that dumb ribbon than i do about that talon skin i never use. that's kind of the thing too, right? it's a material reward you can just buy in the shop for like 5 bucks. that doesn't feel great

the tribunal stuff just feels abandoned, i can never quite remember if there's gonna be a new tribunal like the old one or what the hell it's gonna do, i wish riot promised that the new client would allow u to dodge and report people for trolling in champ select (sorry noot), i wish that stupid "your report was successful" message bug was fixed already, or there was a proper reward system and an actual replacement for honor. i wish there was a report option for account sharing so i can report the many people i've had in-game tell me they were boosting someone else's account

honestly it really feels like ever since lyte left all these ideas have been left in the dust

/rant

star_guardian_jinx_by_goomrrat-daiskxd.jpg

fk it good skin is a good skin

Leezard

What do you guys look for in "champion mastery" type of videos? Builds, strategies, etc.?

I'm not one to look for these videos, but I think a general counter play section is good. It would include how your opponent is trying to win trades over you in lane and how you try to avoid that; important cooldowns and such.

Reivaxe

What do you guys look for in "champion mastery" type of videos? Builds, strategies, etc.?

One thing I think is important that I don't see very often (if ever) is HOW a champ is meant to be played.

Like, you can have the right build and ruins and mastery page and skill order ... but if you don't know how that champ is MEAN'T to be played it all can fall apart or never really click.

like how one of my favorite yt/ streamers talks in his vod reviews.

Like "Hey, you're playing an assassin like a passive late game carry waveclear champ when assassins are meant to roam and grab the game by the balls. Or hay, you're playing an immobile wave clear champ in low elo ... why are you leaving lane without pushing to dick around in the river? Just stay in your lane and push, you can start doing fancy shit later."

Ken

Probably how to actually play them in lane/tf most important. That's usually not as easy to communicate effectively via written guides, unlike things like runes, masteries and item builds imo.

iModem

Banned
One thing I think is important that I don't see very often (if ever) is HOW a champ is meant to be played.

Like, you can have the right build and ruins and mastery page and skill order ... but if you don't know how that champ is MEAN'T to be played it all can fall apart or never really click.

like how one of my favorite yt/ streamers talks in his vod reviews.

Firstly, n3ac3y is a fucking boss and I miss duo'ing with him. Second thank you for the tips and good point.

killatopak

Gold Member

Definitely match ups. When to be passive and when to be aggressive. When are the champ's power spikes. For example Irelia's level 4 and level 7 and 9 are considered as power spikes because of the increase level in her W which is her true damage.

Firstly, n3ac3y is a fucking boss and I miss duo'ing with him. Second thank you for the tips and good point.
I watch him a lot as well. Learned quite a few things as well. If you like to carry,neacy is a good man to copy strategies from as he is a very good split pusher.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh btw i think the honor ribbons thing worked better because it was supplementary and unique vs regular material rewards like mystery gifts or summoner icons

if u get an icon that says "beacon of community" or something this means that u gotta replace those icons you earned or spent money for to show that off, so that's no good. and if it's something that isn't unique, as in, something that is purchaseable and has a $ value. if you get something that anyone can just get with money then that just feels bad

honor ribbons did have problems cos ppl used that to single out people and be toxic to them, so you should be able to turn it off if you want to

star_guardian_jinx_by_songjikyo-daixwpt.png
star_guardian_lux_by_songjikyo-daixwq7.png

Should URF Xin be AD or AP? I tried AD Assassin but it didn't go well. I probably should have went AP for all the Es you can do.

Ahri is so freaking fun on URF. I still love Karma but removing the ability to shield minions made me really sad.

iModem

Banned
Ahhh! I got to play Leona in all random URF. She's my main, with a 1 second CD on a 1 second long stun. Literal permastun.

honestly it really feels like ever since lyte left all these ideas have been left in the dust

I never thought about this before, but you're right. Player behaviour was a huge deal that Riot were clearly brainstorming/testing ideas around to improve and now it seems to have been given a shoulder shrug. They tried limiting chat, talked about the new tribunal, showed the toxicity patterns of the average player vs. toxic players, etc. but nothing for a long time.

I tend to be on the disciplinarian side, especially in an F2P environment - if you play a game for free and behave in a highly toxic manner you should be banned. Do it again and you lose the right to play. There needs to be accountability if you want people to change behaviour, especially in an anonymous environment where reputational damage isn't really a thing.

These ideas have been in the dust way before Lyte left. Honor has been forgotten for years now, same for the Tribunal.

it's not that those weren't good ideas, it's that the power of toxicity is far too much. You just can't stop it unless you start mass banning for the smallest things.

it's not that those weren't good ideas, it's that the power of toxicity is far too much. You just can't stop it unless you start mass banning for the smallest things.
Nah, scaling up some of these measures would definitely work. Chat restrictions for example, why not say make recurring offenses result in much longer restrictions instead of just banning the guy? As long as the player is just a flamer, muting him for months would solve the issue. Keep forcing it and you lose chat altogether, and if you int in these conditions you get much more severe punishments.

Riot worries too much about reforming people or banning them when they could just muzzle some animals up.

Nah, scaling up some of these measures would definitely work. Chat restrictions for example, why not say make recurring offenses result in much longer restrictions instead of just banning the guy? As long as the player is just a flamer, muting him for months would solve the issue. Keep forcing it and you lose chat altogether, and if you int in these conditions you get much more severe punishments.

It doesn't stop trolling. Like, you can't ban someone for doing 'terribly', you can ban someone for like, feeding 15+ times in the past 10 games, but for someone who does 'terribly'? Enough for a benefit of the doubt?

You can mute someone all they want, but it doesn't stop them from doing 'troll' picks or trolling teammates.

Newt

The way to make your team feel the worst is when you're blatantly trolling but you say stuff in chat like: "We can do this team, stay positive team". I think being able to kick people in champ select would go a long way. And people are gonna say, what if I want an off meta pick and they kick me? Basically, they will keep getting kicked until they find a group that will accept them.

iModem

Banned
The way to make your team feel the worst is when you're blatantly trolling but you say stuff in chat like: "We can do this team, stay positive team". I think being able to kick people in champ select would go a long way. And people are gonna say, what if I want an off meta pick and they kick me? Basically, they will keep getting kicked until they find a group that will accept them.

I think we both know that's insanely abusable. Hell I even will openly admit I would abuse it. Kicking Vaynes on sight.

Newt

I think we both know that's insanely abusable. Hell I even will openly admit I would abuse it. Kicking Vaynes on sight.
Yeah, but I mean if someone gets kicked, it's not a huge deal. They just queue up again. It would work the same way surrender votes work, so you need 4 people to vote yes to kick anyways. Of course premades would be severely restricted in how many votes they get.

zkylon

zkylewd
kicking frmo champ select is a bad idea cos it generates scenearios like the above, i know we would all love not having vaynes in our team ever again but you don't want one system that's meant to fix one thing to have such a massive side effect

imo the way to fix is as i've said over and over, you dodge and the game asks you why. you can then write something up like on a normal report and point to the person that was trolling if there was one (maybe u just dodge cos you realized you just got an important call or something).

dodging is essentially no penalty, 3lp is nothing.

the problem with dodging right now is that if you dodge the troll 100% won. if you can dodge and report them, they can no longer do the bad shit they did and you only lost 3lp for that

Top Bottom