• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
A champion got lighter? Par for the course for Riot.

lol wtf are you talking about

are u calling riot racists for making lux white lol

she's already white

i just don't like the color adjustments they did to her is all

image.php

so she's a runner...
or laser beam driver?

lol wtf are you talking about

are u calling riot racists for making lux white lol
Nope, I'm saying we've seen champions that have a small semblance of a tan get lightened up over time in their artwork and/or in-game models. Do you really want to have this conversation with me? Do you REALLY need me to provide you examples, Mr. "1,000,000 images of Leeg art collection"? Or can you find those yourself?

This is par for the course.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nope, I'm saying we've seen champions that have a small semblance of a tan get lightened up over time in their artwork and/or in-game models. Do you really want to have this conversation with me? Do you REALLY need me to provide you examples, Mr. "1,000,000 images of Leeg art collection"? Or can you find those yourself?

This is par for the course.

what are you even talking about lol

seriously wtf

image.php

so she's a runner...
or laser beam driver?
i don't get this joke either

what's going on!

Kalentan

When you get invited to a ranked match by your brother but didn't notice it was a ranked match and so I pick someone whom I would never pick in ranked (Ahri, since I'm new with her), cause I thought it was a normal draft pick and then we end up winning. XD

I didn't realize it was ranked until I saw the +21 LP at the end.

honestly baffled at how anybody could lose versus taric and twitch at level 2; two of the worst laning champions in bot lane, especially with morgana jinx.

Leezard

honestly baffled at how anybody could lose versus taric and twitch at level 2; two of the worst laning champions in bot lane, especially with morgana jinx.
Some people want to force a fight at all costs. Level 2 is probably the wrong time to fight in that matchup, too.

Well, no gift from Riot. I already sent a ticket to see what's up.

Can I request now a specific skin?, say.... Arcade Ahri. Thanks Rito!

killatopak

Gold Member
Dopa just got rank 1 for the billionth time.

There's a vid of youtube with some details, tricks for mid lane and why he thinks faker is not the best anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok, my analysis is done

i would love to post this in the pbe forums but i can't post on na cos my account is too low level so hoping costy might be nice enough to send this feedback to someone in charge of the star guardian lux texture adjustments

overall idea is i'm not super pleased with how the lux retexture looks. for starters, i don't think the original needed a change, it's a recent skin that looks great, blends in with the environment well but still pops out, has colors that are both bright and pleasing to the eye, it's a great skin. it's my favorite skin in the game, i love it

ENQe2dE.png

the retexture aims to make the skin pop a lot more. they essentially upped the contrast and saturation and sharpened the texture and while that works in some places (the star on her ribbon looks a lot better), i find it makes the skin overall look much worse.

instead of a soft pink her hair is now really intensely saturated. her skin is now really bright and looks unhealthy and plastic. her skirt is a really dark purple now that contrasts a lot with her shirt, so it draws more attention that you would hope for from the main part you should be looking about her which is her chest area and her hair and her staff, as in her main hitboxes and indicators of her actions

the skin is now too loud and sharp, it's no longer got that nice smooth look to it i liked so much

i love pink as a color because it's very easy on the eyes, you can just rest your gaze on it and you don't get tired. this is anything but, that plastic magenta hair is giving me a headache

gcnWWeF.png

and when i was zoomed in i thought ok this is just focusing too much on details you won't really care about in-game, but honestly i think zoomed out it's even worse. it just looks bad mixed with the background, and while it pops out more i really don't think the old textures had that problem. just look at the color of her skin and how visually arresting her palette is now compared to before

but if rito thinks that she wasn't popping out enough, i'm hoping there's a middle ground that can be reached that's less intense than this (which in all honestly looks like a 5min photoshop) that achieves both better clarity and visually pleasing

cos honestly if not i think my favorite skin in the game just got downgraded. the homeguard animation is ok i guess but doesn't make up for it looking worse at all moments of the game

Leezard

I meet joke supports every now and then in normal games and it is my pleasure to destroy them every time it happens.

Extra points for when they complain about try hard picks and that they picked fun picks.
"I think it's fun to win", I reply. That's the best schadenfreude in league.

Ken

is braum no bueno

though i guess he probably can't be ap carry carry

i'll try his rework laterrrr

Janna and Morgana are pretty easy as well as flexible support picks.

janna seems kinda passive though or maybe i'm playing her wrong.

morgana model is ugry

Zyra.

Become the ap carry.

i never liked playing zyra and her skins are doodoo

i'm on to you

The Kench has carried me back from silver to gold.

kench seems weird. i have to read up what he does.

ok, my analysis is done

i would love to post this in the pbe forums but i can't post on na cos my account is too low level so hoping costy might be nice enough to send this feedback to someone in charge of the star guardian lux texture adjustments

overall idea is i'm not super pleased with how the lux retexture looks. for starters, i don't think the original needed a change, it's a recent skin that looks great, blends in with the environment well but still pops out, has colors that are both bright and pleasing to the eye, it's a great skin. it's my favorite skin in the game, i love it

ENQe2dE.png

the retexture aims to make the skin pop a lot more. they essentially upped the contrast and saturation and sharpened the texture and while that works in some places (the star on her ribbon looks a lot better), i find it makes the skin overall look much worse.

instead of a soft pink her hair is now really intensely saturated. her skin is now really bright and looks unhealthy and plastic. her skirt is a really dark purple now that contrasts a lot with her shirt, so it draws more attention that you would hope for from the main part you should be looking about her which is her chest area and her hair and her staff, as in her main hitboxes and indicators of her actions

the skin is now too loud and sharp, it's no longer got that nice smooth look to it i liked so much

i love pink as a color because it's very easy on the eyes, you can just rest your gaze on it and you don't get tired. this is anything but, that plastic magenta hair is giving me a headache

gcnWWeF.png

and when i was zoomed in i thought ok this is just focusing too much on details you won't really care about in-game, but honestly i think zoomed out it's even worse. it just looks bad mixed with the background, and while it pops out more i really don't think the old textures had that problem. just look at the color of her skin and how visually arresting her palette is now compared to before

but if rito thinks that she wasn't popping out enough, i'm hoping there's a middle ground that can be reached that's less intense than this (which in all honestly looks like a 5min photoshop) that achieves both better clarity and visually pleasing

cos honestly if not i think my favorite skin in the game just got downgraded. the homeguard animation is ok i guess but doesn't make up for it looking worse at all moments of the game

passed on to skins team

y2dvd

kench seems weird. i have to read up what he does.

It definitely took me several games to figure him out. He's like a support tank carry I swear. There were several games where I could just 1v1 their carry, and that's still going support role. Maxing q with speed boots means no one is getting away. W does so much both offensively and defensively. E let's you tower dive more easily. His r could be better but eh.

His base dmg is extremely high also. I have attack speed runes set to proc his passive more quickly and usually win in bot trades because no one expects his attack dmg.

You can win with ap volibear in those ranks too, that doesn't mean it's not a joke.

That's not really a fair comparison seeing that you're taking what is essentially a tank, and making him AP for the sake of calling it a joke build. If I was running GP support, I wouldn't go full tank or AP, I would still build him the same as I would top with the addition of a Relic shield and SS. His damage will still build up the longer the game goes, and his kit will never not be useful when it comes to the mid/late portions of the game.

Leezard

That's not really a fair comparison seeing that you're taking what is essentially a tank, and making him AP for the sake of calling it a joke build. If I was running GP support, I wouldn't go full tank or AP, I would still build him the same as I would top with the addition of a Relic shield and SS. His damage will still build up the longer the game goes, and his kit will never not be useful when it comes to the mid/late portions of the game.

You're taking a farm-reliant character and putting him in a low-economy position while also being a very weak laner bot, which means you'll be getting even less gold than you should as a support while also fucking over your adc; GP puts out so little pressure. You might get away with it if the enemy support is playing bad and passive, sure, but there are several supports who can actually win the lane and build damage to snowball.

You can absolutely win with AP volibear in those ranks as you can carry with pretty much anything that builds damage if you're enough of a better player than the opposition, which is possible in those ranks.

I'm not trying to make you stop playing GP, if you enjoy it then that's fine, but you will absolutely win more if you pick an actual stronger support, even if you must play a game or two to learn the new pick.

no, he's absolutely a joke lol. he does 0 damage in lane and has no utility outside of barrel and ult slows. like do you actually think i play gp support seriously?

no, he's absolutely a joke lol. he does 0 damage in lane and has no utility outside of barrel and ult slows. like do you actually think i play gp support seriously?

I wasn't referring to you. I do it on occasion, and I know people who play it. I've been a fan of GP as a support ever since before he got reworked.

His kit is only really useful with gold to back it up and as a support you won't normally have enough for a Triforce mid game nor will you have any ult upgrades. He's also a pretty mediocre laner vs ranged so you're putting massive pressure on your ADC to not get blown up.

I would rather people supp me with full AP Lux than GP.

Kenai

Is there a way to restore default in-game settings without the game actually loading up? My client keeps crashing when i try to load a game up and I think it's because the settings are borked

zkylon

zkylewd
sixth and last episode of legends rising featuring smeb

smeb's story isn't as dramatic as other players but u can't help but love the attitude of rox players in general (pray <3) and there's a bit with wet koreans so you can't miss that

legends rising this year has been really good again, i think they should've gone with someone other than wildturtle but other than that it's such a great series

Top Bottom