• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
graves is so fun on arurf

perma 4 stack e
1 shot squishies every 15 seconds

spam w so they can't see shit

i miss pre-nerf nu graves

being able to lvl 1 invade with just your q and 2 shot them was so fun

drawkcaB

I dunno, the PBE cycle is at the end already with changes being reverted and login themes being pushed out, but I don't recall if Riot releases patches mid Worlds.

Not 100% about this year but it never stopped them in years past. I recall one Worlds were I was utterly confused at the picks because some champs had been gutted on Live the week before. Turns out they were two patches behind.

(I think it was S4).

Reivaxe

is shit puts a frown on my face :/
(I'm literally the only person to kill Yi)
4ccPNLR.jpg

Gonna call it a "my team" game. Hurts to shit on that stupid dog yet have him win cause of something outta my hands.

killatopak

Gold Member
So the worlds song was actually designed to suck.

Great post from youtube btw
Hey guys, so let me give a little clarity on how this song was designed --

Riot discussed that this song was created with the intent of harboring a story. If you look at the blog behind this song, you can see that each event corresponds to some big, overcoming obstacle players had to overcome (YellowStar's Ashe slipup, then his snipe on Janna; TheOddOne's last attempt to steal Baron at World's Group Stage, Taipei taking down the Giants Azubu Frost).

The song is not created in the intent of being listenable like World's Collide or Warriors. Instead, this song was created to tell a story. That's why it has large buildups into sharp fall offs -- Every large build up is the adversary, and the soft fall off is the story.

So, for example: 0:22 the first large buildup. YellowStar gets caught out, dies to Brand stun, and he falls into that despair feeling.

Second: 0:41 The Azubu Frost Korean giants vs Taipei. It was a story of David and Goliath (hence the giants being so large and titanic). Toyz Orianna under pressure.

Third: 1:00 This brings the resolution clause into the song, where you will see YellowStar, Toyz, and TheOddOne overcome their challenges. Hence the long, smooth beat that is pleasing. YellowStar snipes Janna with a maplong ult, Toyz interrupt Shen's fleeing / ult, and OddOne smites away Baron

After the resolution clause, it resumes pattern, indicating how Faker is the Demon King that people have to overcome.

Also lol broccoli.

Kangi

I'm glad I started playing again in time for AR URF.

Kog'Maw is just amazing in it. Last game I had a 1v2 lane pushed under their turret, then I went insane in the late game. I ended the match farming their fountain; wound up with triple the damage done to champions of anyone else on my team. Only thing that kept me from greater heights of nuttiness is that they had a Yi.

Ashhong

Man that worlds video is bad. I felt no hype at all. At least they tried though

^ is that YouTube post a joke? It's not supposed to be listened to? It has sharp falls because it's a goddamn Zedd song

Viewing the song from the perspective of it's trying to tell a story

I love it.

In my spare time I like to craft stories around songs-Tying each beat to a part of the song. It tends to get messy, but it's something palatable.

In this case, the song was crafted around the story. It's why it may seem a bit 'off', why it might not be 'technically' good, but it's great. With the visuals, this is probably the best song they've done for worlds.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Viewing the song from the perspective of it's trying to tell a story

I love it.

In my spare time I like to craft stories around songs-Tying each beat to a part of the song. It tends to get messy, but it's something palatable.

In this case, the song was crafted around the story. It's why it may seem a bit 'off', why it might not be 'technically' good, but it's great. With the visuals, this is probably the best song they've done for worlds.

I really warmed up to it. Great vid. It's not designed to be a stadium anthem. Just a neat story.

I really warmed up to it. Great vid. It's not designed to be a stadium anthem. Just a neat story.

Yeah, it's just a story of facing adversary.

If you were to tell me that the visuals were created first, and then the song was made to fit it, I would believe it. It'd be a sort of backwards way of doing a music video, but it's great.

I was expecting something catchier from Zedd, but even as a fan I was a little underwhelmed. I still like the song, though. I actually didn't really care for Warriors, anyway. Worlds Collide was pretty good to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
whelp went from 71 lp to 1 to 0 now

did my share of mistakes to roll down and the first one was not playing premade

it feels like bizarro world to me that anyone would want to play solo queue

killatopak

Gold Member
I only play solo cause I have none to duo with.

:(

I can duo with strangers that added me after a game but I wanna play with IRL friends. But my IRL friends are stuck at P3. Those that have higher elo are busy working and some have gotten a baby so I'm left alone.

:(

Nah, babies get distracted too easily. They'd set up for a gank, but hop down the chair and crawl to something they hear or smell. Three minutes later, "A Summoner Has Disconnected."

Leezard

I like playing solo in ranked. Only annoying part is when adcs are too passive, but I recognize that's the correct way sometimes.

Most of the time random adcs are half-decent at least.

I don't even play normals solo. I just don't have a lot of fun if I'm on my own, I guess, but it's also good for me to climb without my friends, so I should probably learn how to solo queue.

My friends and I have this little tradition of always playing ranked solo, we play 5 man premades when playing normals but we have this agreement of always playing solo in ranked. Except this one friend who always plays duo with some other dude, of course we make sure to always tell him that he "cheated" when we talk about ranks. Just friendly agressive banter.

I'm tempted to break this tradition this season, because I've barely played this year. And I really want to at least be Gold. I was Plat last year, dammit.

Leezard

warriors isn't bad, just too dramatic for my taste

worlds is a celebration, song shouldn't be grim and depressing

I don't like the Warriors video for the same reason, Ignite video is much better. I barely noticed the Ignite song during the video though.

faridmon

I like playing solo in ranked. Only annoying part is when adcs are too passive, but I recognize that's the correct way sometimes.

Most of the time random adcs are half-decent at least.

I have a problem playing when the adc is passive. I try to poke to get gold, but then when the ADC is just farming, i get to get picked on and just die instantly.

But I too recognise that the right way to play sometimes, but its annoying.

Maddness

Is the league client just terrible for anyone else these days? I feel like every time I come out of a game the UI for the client is all jacked up and things are out of place etc. I get crashes constantly when I switch to the crafting section. I have a couple of friends who are having the same problem. What's the deal?

Leezard

Is the league client just terrible for anyone else these days? I feel like every time I come out of a game the UI for the client is all jacked up and things are out of place etc. I get crashes constantly when I switch to the crafting section. I have a couple of friends who are having the same problem. What's the deal?

I get crashes every now and then when I go into the crafting section as well. Client is ok apart from that though.

So... when was the last time we heard anything about replays from Riot? I know they want to ship something with AAA quality, server-side instead of only clientside (I'm guessing to make replays work across patches). Back in 2014 I thought they wanted to first solve server issues, since if they were going to make it serverside it would be quite a bit of a load. Now I'm guessing they're waiting to release the new client.

So any chances we will hear about replays after they release the new client?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah it's really bad the last few patches, I guess they're just putting all their effort into the nu client these days

clemenx

Banned
So... when was the last time we heard anything about replays from Riot? I know they want to ship something with AAA quality, server-side instead of only clientside (I'm guessing to make replays work across patches). Back in 2014 I thought they wanted to first solve server issues, since if they were going to make it serverside it would be quite a bit of a load. Now I'm guessing they're waiting to release the new client.

So any chances we will hear about replays after they release the new client?

Pretty much everything in terms of new features for the client isn't being talked about until the new client gets everything the old one has, Riot has been pretty up front about that.

Hopefully they're working on new stuff and for preseason they release the client beta in a pretty advanced state. I'd love for new features to start dropping as soon as possible.

nbraun80

yeah it's pretty garabage for me too lately, random crashes, can't open profile sometime, can't see summoner spells and some champs sometime in champ select, etc. Assuming most of their attention is on new client which is fine by me.

Top Bottom