• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Pantheon (I posted my usual build earlier in this thread). I go 2-3 attack items and then def. So a fighter / bruiser. The DPS burst and flat armor pen, and increased damage etc work really well so far.

I use SOTA on Jarvan, should I use that on bruiser Pant as well? 0/18/12 has been working out nicely so far, I'm not sure if the increased health is better than the damage increase early. I end up around 3.6k hp or so at the end. The increased length of blue also helps a lot and so does the increased damage and the clear speed of Savagery.

I need to try 12/0/18 then (I guess with double edged sword).
Nah, the 200 extra HP + Jungle Mob healing is too good to pass up on pretty much anyone. Even weirdo junglers like Rumble and ADCs like Graves take SOTA because it's so strong. Pretty much the only exceptions are assassins and Pantheon functions much better as a bruiser than an assassin.

drawkcaB

Speaking of bad junglers, played against an Ivern. I basically pushed him around in his own jungle, stole his camps all the time, warded his shit up like a Christmas tree...

...as Nautilus.

I mean, I'm used to playing jungle Nautilus but I shouldn't be able to do what I did so easily. Looks like I'm saving my IP for the next little while. Now I wait for the Warwick rework. I think that might be interesting if they keep his bruiseryness but make him able to gank pre-6 like Riot has already said.

I'm playing Skarner, Tahm, and Quinn in the jungle these days. I've thought about picking up Elise but...meh...everyone plays Elise and she's going to get nerfed soon enough I imagine, as is the fate of any champion that's picked non-stop in competitive I suppose. That and every time I've ever bothered to learn Elise my skills with her go to complete shit if I don't play for as little as two weeks. I could play Volibear since I actually like playing the fat fuck, but he's kind of like a less fun Tahm when you jungle him, in a way. Also mucked around the idea of playing more jungle Poppy. Might even give Gragas another shot, even though no matter how hard I tried I lost every single game with him for reasons well beyond my control.

What I really want is to play Ekko jungle. I've actually found a rune and mastery combination that helps out his early game clears, but I'm also tempted to hold off on him and try him again after he gets his mini-rework in the pre-season which - oh God, please - helps out his jungle. I miss playing jungle Ekko =(

zkylon

zkylewd
btw since we were talking about lyte the other day

i feel like solo q being back is another biproduct of him being gone

congrats zky

You're going for diamond, right? :^)

lol that's probably gonna be difficult in what's left of this month

i think i could do it if i played long enough and if i played a little more in-meta but i think i'm cool with reaching plat

gonna see how high i can go, so far had to dodge first plat game, top and jungle fighting in champ select over who gets to pick lucian lol

lost second game cos enemy team banned syndra and picked lux and my ori is just really bad lately

but would be nice to get like plat 3

zkylon

zkylewd
is lee sin really op atm?

i see him doing surprisingly well way too often

edit: lol

72MLytM.png

danielzklein so rude

Leezard

is lee sin really op atm?

i see him doing surprisingly well way too often

edit: lol

72MLytM.png

danielzklein so rude
so the z stands for zombie

Also Riven seems way too strong in 6.20 as a result of the auto attack cancel stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1yVjuxe5w

[–]RiotScruffy [+1] 289 points 7 hours ago
This is a bug, we are investigating a fix. Should be resolved in the next patch at the latest.

Riven players should exploit it while it's up.

zkylon

zkylewd
so the z stands for zombie

Also Riven seems way too strong in 6.20 as a result of the auto attack cancel stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1yVjuxe5w

Riven players should exploit it while it's up.
i actually always have a brainfart thing when i read danielzklein since z and k together trigger something in my brain

also yea probably gonna start banning riven since she shat on our rumble last game

Im surprised he didn't mmiss spell that.
well he's german

zkylon for germans must be as easy as "cat"

y2dvd

What the heck is a champion permanent and how do I get it? I got a few champs stuck at level 5 Mastery with 2 character tokens, but I can't complete the upgrade or something.

Leezard

What the heck is a champion permanent and how do I get it? I got a few champs stuck at level 5 Mastery with 2 character tokens, but I can't complete the upgrade or something.
It's a shard you can use to get a champ. The easiest way to upgrade is to just get some blue essence though.

edit:
Ivern has hilariously low winrate.

http://lolalytics.com/champion/Ivern/Jungle/

It might go up a bit after people find optimal routes, but he seems likely to get buffs.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
so it turns out riven is bugged from the new patch, no wonder literally every riven i saw was stomping left and right

Leezard

so it turns out riven is bugged from the new patch, no wonder literally every riven i saw was stomping left and right

Perfect timing with championship Riven getting back.

Now Riven can be banned all the time so no one can use her skin.
Did her win rate go up?

Trying her out right now in ranked.
A little bit according to lolalytics. We might need more time before we can see the full effect of it though.

killatopak

Gold Member

I knew we would lose as early as champ select with riven bug or not.

Goddamn that front line.
Perfect timing with championship Riven getting back.

Now Riven can be banned all the time so no one can use her skin.

A little bit according to lolalytics. We might need more time before we can see the full effect of it though.

I felt the effects but it wasn't as impactful as I thought it would be. Maybe because I'm not that skilled in her animation cancel and the fact that fighting head to head with a trundle isn't exactly a great idea.

Maddness

So as if it's enough that my boy Warwick still suffers from QSS ult shit on, apparently my own team mates can knock someone out of my ult with their moves. #feelsbadman

That's what I've always thought too but one thing I've never understood is the difference between a "champion permanent" and "champion shard"
Champion shard can be used to rent the champion for a week, get blue essence or unlock mastery ranks
Champion permanent unlocks the champion for good, gives you blue essence or unlocks mastery ranks

So I don't see anyone posted this yet but

holy shit we're finally getting replays.

Quick edit:
The Tl;dr bullet points from the article itself
Here’s how it works:
  • Download your replay from the End of Game Screen or Match History.
  • Watch Replays from the current patch using our new Replay Mode, with the functionality you’re used to from Spectator Mode.
  • Find cool moments using the new Annotated Timeline, which marks major events like kills, takedowns of towers and inhibitors, and dragon/baron kills.
  • Capture video clips of your in-game moments (“Highlights”) using built-in recording functionality.
  • These Highlights will be stored on your hard drive (C:\MyDocuments\LeagueofLegends\Highlights) as a .webm video file. These files can be viewed by opening them in any browser that supports HTML5, and shared to social media alongside your cat gifs.

Second edit:

For people at work, it's coming in preseason with the new client beta.

killatopak

Gold Member
I got tilted off the face of the earth. I was 0/0/0 at 15 mins. The enemy team was 22/0.

Wtf is this really diamond? It was the mother of clown fiesta.

Tilted after that and now I'm 0 lp.

4 games of all ad team. My mind is going to explode. I'm not even at fault cause I was first pick most of the time.

My god.

clemenx

Banned
Who knew Riot was working in shit for its new client instead of adding stuff to the spaghetti started in 2009.

Maybe that made a bit too much sense?

I just started trying Plays.TV and my biggest issue with it is that half the time it seems to cause my game to crash on the loading screen and present the 'You have no internet connection' error.

Leezard

I just started trying Plays.TV and my biggest issue with it is that half the time it seems to cause my game to crash on the loading screen and present the 'You have no internet connection' error.
That sucks. My main issue is that it's slow to load kills etc and will sometimes just retry and fail several times. During that time I can't look at it or anything.

Calvero

Banned
Who knew Riot was working in shit for its new client instead of adding stuff to the spaghetti started in 2009.

Maybe that made a bit too much sense?

i mean some of the development staff for the new client have talked about it on reddit in the last few months (since alpha went out). regarding new features they said they had some in mind, but there was nothing to say until they have all the base features of the current client on there.

Talents

Banned
Jesus fuck we're finally getting replays. I can only get so erect.

gimme my mid lightning champ and i'll never complain again pls

garath

Nah, the 200 extra HP + Jungle Mob healing is too good to pass up on pretty much anyone. Even weirdo junglers like Rumble and ADCs like Graves take SOTA because it's so strong. Pretty much the only exceptions are assassins and Pantheon functions much better as a bruiser than an assassin.

I take thunderlords on vi. I like watching the world burn

Top Bottom