• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

ChrisD

the only thing I want to know is can new matchmaking put me in games that aren't against 1000+ Win players as my scrubby qq Level 29 butt?

I mean I don't mind the losses most of the time since they're just better, but with such a large playerpool I'm always questioning how that happens

zkylon

zkylewd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oorajmbSJUM&feature=em-uploademail

lol rito randomly decided to post star guardian anime video during worlds (almost as if no one cares about g2 anymore lol)

it's cool, i think like usual they could've done WAAAAY more with the concept, but at least it looks great for 3d fake anime. but yea, disappointing that having the possibility to do anything they went for a couple of what could barely be called scenes and then idk fighting against baron lol

also the song should've been in japanese

also none of this makes up for ruining star guardian lux

Nekofrog

Banned
I for one loved old ranked 5s where we could win 10 games in a row but when our team suffered its first loss newt would nuke it from orbit and start from scratch because unclean or something

i think rito shouldn't make decisions based on that kind of people then

i doubt they do, it's a mix of a ton of different things, i just wish they were better at communicating shit

and like if solo q ppl get what they want, then let me choose what i want, let me have actual cool ranked 5s with team names

I mean

They released stats of that stuff. They were saying that DynQ was almost meeting their goal of having fair matching(As in if you solo queued a match, you should never be unfairly matched up against a team of people). It was almost reaching their goal.

Like I said then and I say now though, is that the perception of such things were already set by communities like Reddit complaining. No matter what Riot said, there were people that believes that Dynamic Q was working against them if they soloed. That the only way to play ranked was with a group or else you were disadvantaged.

And sometimes Riot just has to fold. Maybe they lost Ranked players after Dynamic Queue. Maybe less people started playing Ranked. They have those numbers, we don't. They wouldn't release those numbers. "Dynamic Queue was a failure. What was meant to encourage more people to play with their friends, we actually lost players over time after we introduced Dynamic Queue". That's my theory on it.

Because through and through, it's a mistake to separate the queues at this point. The reason they took out team ranked to begin with was because after the introduction of DynQ, team ranked became kinda obsolete in terms of population and match quality.

bad cringey and pandering.

zkylon

zkylewd
i want rito not to set up dynamic q to fail and i want ranked 5s to be done for reals, that's about it

also i can't believe rito continues to misuse their fantastic writers, animators and artists in their videos. they could do so much better than this

Reivaxe

lol rito randomly decided to post star guardian anime video during worlds (almost as if no one cares about g2 anymore lol)

it's cool, i think like usual they could've done WAAAAY more with the concept, but at least it looks great for 3d fake anime. but yea, disappointing that having the possibility to do anything they went for a couple of what could barely be called scenes and then idk fighting against baron lol

Huh ... thought that Baron fight was gonna reveal the ult Lux skin.

Loved that Jinx scene. Janna's looking like she's seen this before and expected this outcome ... and Poppy's got that "You fucking bitch" face going.
I liked it, more animu for the weebs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love the idea and i love the art, i just wish they told a more compelling story than this

this skin line needed a villain

Quonny

i love the idea and i love the art, i just wish they told a more compelling story than this

Give it time. Arcade line didn't get a villian until later.

We'll get a male SG skin and a villian with the next "pack".

Tuxedo Mask Jhin and Villian Viktor.

Reivaxe

hmm do i buy the skin bundle

If the stars aligned and this SG skin wave has the 4 champs you play a ton then sure. they're all good buys (ALL but Janna ...).

As for meeee ... I will try to pick up Lux if her Ult skin looks too good to pass up. I never gave Lux a fair try as I have only played her a few times. But as for the SG bundle I would only play Poppy and Jinx as of now. If Riot made Lulu MID a thing by buffing her up I'd be kinda tempted to do the bundle but they clearly don't want that to be the case and The Hextech scam already gave me Forecast Janna so I have no reason to buy it.

Also loved the context of the baron scene.
Everyone knows how it feels when someone starts Baron as the ADC is farming or too tilted to group.
"Why the fuck did you start Baron?!?"
"LOL,srry XD"
"This is our chance to end!"

Not A villain ...

A villain TEAM.
I'm telling you, I do think Janna's old team are gonna come back as villains. ALL of which will be more adult females.

Fallen Star Syndra/ Vi/ MF and Daina or something (Probs Ahri :/)
"Why is the ADC not here? This fucking thing is about to ace us!"

I bought the bundle on EU and NA

Does that count?

I mean, I'd figure you'd get a Special Riot discount.

But I just found out that my new job doesn't give us shit special so I guess not.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Villains are not really a core component of the magical girl source material. It'd be a nice way to expand the skin line in the future I guess but I can't really think of a skin idea that would really take advantage of that idea and be recognizable. I like what they did with Jinx a lot more.

Also I think I'm finally ready to come back.

Ken

Villains are not really a core component of the magical girl source material. It'd be a nice way to expand the skin line in the future I guess but I can't really think of a skin idea that would really take advantage of that idea and be recognizable. I like what they did with Jinx a lot more.

yay u can carry me to gold

Nekofrog

Banned

For the first time ever your tag might actually be true. Or close to it.

Luigi87

So in a game where my team's Blitz is mad at our Riven, demands an apology for their dispute, or he'll feed... and he is.

This is an easily winnable game btw.

PSqueak

Banned

I'd say they are, the main big bad is at least, just think of the grand momma of magical girls: Sailor Moon often had clearly defined big bads in their arcs.

Luigi87

Demoted back to Gold 3, all thanks to the Blitz on my team intentionally feeding after getting in an argument with our Riven.

The Blitz also said things like "the last team lost because they waited too late to apologize. tick tock tick tock"

Reivaxe

IDK about SM but most all magical girl animes I have seen have had a major focus on an enemy force/ group and most of the time that involves an older woman. It's also common to have the "struggling between light and dark" green power ranger type.

Talents

Banned
Anyone on EU gaf wanna be boosted (by duoing for free obviously) to gold or anything? Got an account that's unranked atm that I wanna play on, may as well help people get to gold with it. (I'm D2 so I'm not THAT bad although I haven't played too much in the past months). Add Talentz and whenever you wanna play 1 just say and I'll see if I can. Can start doing it tomorrow.

I think this is legal right?

dimb

I'd say they are, the main big bad is at least, just think of the grand momma of magical girls: Sailor Moon often had clearly defined big bads in their arcs.
But would you really say that the villains of Sailor Moon are very recognizable to the point where you'd translate that to a skin in League? What separates a magical girl villain from a generalized villain? That is a little harder to define, so I don't see a good line to follow for League skins there.
It's the game stopping me. Don't blame me...

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone on EU gaf wanna be boosted (by duoing for free obviously) to gold or anything? Got an account that's unranked atm that I wanna play on, may as well help people get to gold with it. (I'm D2 so I'm not THAT bad although I haven't played too much in the past months). Add Talentz and whenever you wanna play 1 just say and I'll see if I can. Can start doing it tomorrow.

I think this is legal right?

i don't think that's an issue as long as u don't charge for it and as long as u don't do account sharing

dimb

ePbX3bA.jpg
Does this mean I have to buy the skin?
I would if I played Jinx.

killatopak

Gold Member

too animu but not that much. Need more upskirts shots.

gonna go neogaf on this and call this lazy devs with that weak ass fps. Should have been 4K/60fps.

Top Bottom