• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

first time i read that you swallow too much gum thing i thought i read something else entirely

getting ideas for your next hentai? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hot-Annie-Edison-GIFS.gif

it's the same with every new champion, people will attempt to force it into a position it's not good in. Ivern is undertuned, but when he's balanced I still don't expect him to be a good support.

He's an AP jungler. 70% AP ratio on his shield is big, and he needs AP to do something in combat situations despite him being supportive.

it's the same with every new champion, people will attempt to force it into a position it's not good in. Ivern is undertuned, but when he's balanced I still don't expect him to be a good support.

He's an AP jungler. 70% AP ratio on his shield is big, and he needs AP to do something in combat situations despite him being supportive.
Plus Daisy scales with AP

zkylon

zkylewd

speaking of, he just got hotfix buffed (lol)

HP per level increased 74 > 90
Base MR increased 30 > 32.1
Base AS increased .625 > .644

edit: f u costy

I want them to just accept Ivern as a trash champ designed for selective comps.

Maybe someone will make a comp around his bushes and Qs with a team of melee champs designed to just jump onto anything he lands a Q on.

zzzzz

imagine calling a new champ a trash champ after a couple of days on live, especially considering how unique he is.

as usual people will say it's trash until someone plays it well and then it'll be the most broken thing ever

we shall wait and see.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
bodied another ivern

rip

yeah he has a lot of potential in terms of how he uses the jungle, but in pvp he seems lacking so far, even though i kinda see how he's supposed to work

PSqueak

Banned
zzzzz

imagine calling a new champ a trash champ after a couple of days on live, especially considering how unique he is.

as usual people will say it's trash until someone plays it well and then it'll be the most broken thing ever

we shall wait and see.

Pretty much the cycle for every damn new champ.

I still remember Illaoi went like "it's trash!" to "It's too OP! BAN BAN BAN!" to "she's just some champ".

Zukuu

Banned
I have no clue what to get on Lulu.

Should I go Frost Queen + Sight Stone or Frost Stone? I went Sight Stone, Queen, Ardent Cleanser, Swiftness Boots, Locket and Frozen Heart.

Mikaeli's when I face CC heavy teams. What else can/should I get?

Reivaxe

zzzzz

we shall wait and see.

IMO if you have to buff a champ right after release you're saying it's kinda grabo and needs help at the LEASE.

I'll stand by my trash statement like I did with the earth bender until they had a "no shit" moment and buffed her in the rights ways to make her work. (Then they decided she worked too well so now we're here)

IMO if you have to buff a champ right after release you're saying it's kinda grabo and needs help at the LEASE.

I'll stand by my trash statement like I did with the earth bender until they had a "no shit" moment and buffed her in the rights ways to make her work. (Then they decided she worked too well so now we're here)
But that's the point, the small change Taliyah got pushed her into broken territory, maybe if Riot waited till people how to play her they wouldn't have needed to buff her at all

Ivern is considered garbage, doesn't mean people won't find some way to make him work, buffs or not.

ChrisD

Should I go Frost Queen + Sight Stone or Frost Stone? I went Sight Stone, Queen, Ardent Cleanser, Swiftness Boots, Locket and Frozen Heart.

I'd also like to know this.
Also is it worth getting Ardent and Locket since they have the same Unique therefore wasting an effect?

Also also it never gets old seeing self-titled "Plat V smurfs" getting mad at me because "retard you suck kys xd"

Well hey man, you could quit wimping out and go back to your "Main" account where you're le Plat pro~

oh wait... that doesn't exist.

And I know it's way too trigger-happy, but I wish anyone who said kys in-game/at post chat (not chatting with their friends, in other words) would get banned for 24 right then and there
I'd be so happy you don't even know

zzzzz

we shall wait and see.

It's amazing I haven't called him trash yet. I called Fiona trash, after all.

drawkcaB

Pretty much the cycle for every damn new champ.

Ivern is way below what you'd expect out of a new champ. It's perfectly normal to see low win rates on new champions and reworks (hell, if you look at win% vs. games played even lots of strong champions start out at ~45%) but at just a shade over 30%, Ivern is a rare case.

As far as the buffs go, bringing his health to be up more in line with other melee champions is a start. That's one of the issues I identified. There's a blurb in there by Scruffy that Daisy's AI is also being looked at as well, so there's a second issue. That's all nice, but the most important one that has to be addressed is the brutal level 4-12(ish) hp and mana costs for his passive. It absolutely kills him and makes him a liability during a point of the game where - as a support - he should be able to significantly influence the game.

Ivern has some fantastic things going for him, brush creation, enabling a gap closer for all allied champions, a 3s 70% AoE slow on a 4.8s CD at max CDR. There's a diamond in that dirt but fuck me there's a lot of dirt.

zkylon

zkylewd
still Breezy's finest moment

proclaim Fiora to be trash

Fiora is really strong

continue to defend his assertion that she would be trash

then complain about swain skins

the breezy life :^)
well i remember a certain somebody throwing a fit over a certain adc getting a range nerf with massive compensations :>

zkylon

zkylewd
But that's the point, the small change Taliyah got pushed her into broken territory, maybe if Riot waited till people how to play her they wouldn't have needed to buff her at all

Ivern is considered garbage, doesn't mean people won't find some way to make him work, buffs or not.

taliyah actually needed a buff, problem is rito just did like 3 in a row including a massively misguided one

then nerfed her in the worst possible way showing that they learned really little about what made her op and what made her weak before

Dr. Buni

Full attack speed is the only way to play Lulu.

ChrisD

Full attack speed is the only way to play Lulu.

I'm so doing this tomorrow after just learning that her Whimsy carries an Attack Speed boost now. I just jumped back into the game and never bothered to read over skills again since "I know what they do". =|

I can blame any losses on "the NeoGAF poster" and nobody will know what is being said

Reivaxe

What exactly are they trying to do with rylai crystal scepter?

If it's too strong then why not return it back to how it was before it was a basic buy on almost all mid mages? Is it because it's one of the highest AP items in the game now and they don't wanna make a replacement fat ap item?

In other news, been playing Annie and I like her. Still can't CS for shit with her but I like her.

zkylon

zkylewd
What exactly are they trying to do with rylai crystal scepter?

If it's too strong then why not return it back to how it was before it was a basic buy on almost all mid mages? Is it because it's one of the highest AP items in the game now and they don't wanna make a replacement fat ap item?

In other news, been playing Annie and I like her. Still can't CS for shit with her but I like her.

well no one bought rylais before they made it good so that's not a "good item" either

i think the cdr idea is legit, have to trade zhonyas/abyssal for rylais is pretty good, and mages should not get tankiness so smoothly into their builds

Reivaxe

well no one bought rylais before they made it good so that's not a "good item" either

i think the cdr idea is legit, have to trade zhonyas/abyssal for rylais is pretty good, and mages should not get tankiness so smoothly into their builds

I use to buy it sometimes on Diana back when all I played was Diana...

As for competed with Aby and Zhonyas ... I never build either so I guess I'm not cut out for this discussion.
(Mainly cause I've found that when I have a Zhonyas and use it my team wouldn't peel for me. But that was a long time ago so ehh)

Edit- I DO build ZHG actually ... on Karth and Kennen the few times I played them. Outside of that, nope :/

zkylon

zkylewd
it's probably not the only or best solution, but i think it's kind of a clever way of solving the issue of rylais fitting every build, altho idk about the mana stuff

drawkcaB

Rylai's slow applies on Ivern's brush autos. That's pretty nice lol

Yep. Earliest evidence is that Rylai's is a significantly better buy on him than RoA which is the recommended item (and dragging Ivern's win rate numbers down as a result). He doesn't need the mana from RoA, definitely doesn't want to wait 10 minutes to fully charge it, and makes very poor use of RoA's passive. Also dragging down his win rates is all the players maxing Q first - max E first seems stronger.

Currently it's looking like Rylais and Runic Echoes are core items. His follow-up items are where, to me, it gets tricky. Even with the hotfix buff to his health I don't see Ivern as building straight tank. There's just no point to it.

I'm starting to think another problem with Ivern is that when he dies, so does Daisy. Making Daisy continue on owner death like every other ultimate summoned pet, at the very least for a certain amount of time after death, would go a long way to making Ivern feel way better to play.

Yep. Earliest evidence is that Rylai's is a significantly better buy on him than RoA which is the recommended item (and dragging Ivern's win rate numbers down as a result). He doesn't need the mana from RoA, definitely doesn't want to wait 10 minutes to fully charge it, and makes very poor use of RoA's passive. Also dragging down his win rates is all the players maxing Q first - max E first seems stronger.

Currently it's looking like Rylais and Runic Echoes are core items. His follow-up items are where, to me, it gets tricky. Even with the hotfix buff to his health I don't see Ivern as building straight tank. There's just no point to it.

I'm starting to think another problem with Ivern is that when he dies, so does Daisy. Making Daisy continue on owner death like every other ultimate summoned pet, at the very least for a certain amount of time after death, would go a long way to making Ivern feel way better to play.
Yeah, Daisy just immediatly disappearing is fucking lame.

Dom was spamming him, he basically goes Cinderhulk into Rylai's/Abyssal and other AP stuff and it looks pretty decent. He maxes EWQ.

drawkcaB

I thought of using Cinderhulk too, but I think Runic Echoes will end up being the preferred choice. Even went built tanky, I don't think Ivern wants to get in melee range. On top of that, Ivern's kit basically says I want to win the game early, and then use my utility to keep my team on top.

Top Bottom