• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oorajmbSJUM&feature=em-uploademail

lol rito randomly decided to post star guardian anime video during worlds (almost as if no one cares about g2 anymore lol)

it's cool, i think like usual they could've done WAAAAY more with the concept, but at least it looks great for 3d fake anime. but yea, disappointing that having the possibility to do anything they went for a couple of what could barely be called scenes and then idk fighting against baron lol

also the song should've been in japanese

also none of this makes up for ruining star guardian lux
Yeah I think I'm done with LoL. Don't even feel like playing to bring my rank up. It's just too time consuming. Idk if I'll be back.
maybe when Warwick gets reworked just to try him.

Ken

Why is vlad top w/r so low? I think he got nerfs recently right?

Guess I can stick to rumble top for when I get ad mids

jerd

Meddler on Rylais said:
Exact changes are still under discussion. General problem statement is that it's too universal. Having all your abilities slow is something that should be a deliberate choice you opt into, and make trade offs for, not just a default item on so many AP champs. That issue's magnified by the HP given by Rylai's, given health's the most universal stat we've got (everyone can always use it, and more's always useful, even if it's not the ideal stat for a specific champ).

One of the directions we're considering is a pretty dramatic change that strips the health off entirely, replacing it with mana or something like mana+CDR. That's got some substantial cost to it, given it effectively removes Rylai's as an option for a lot of champs who have traditionally bought it. Possible it's the healthiest approach however. It might also mean we'd want to make other slowing items (Dead Man's Plate, Randuin's Omen or GLP) better options for champs no longer able to use Rylai's well.

Another possible direction's to strip AP, and possibly slow strength, off Rylai's instead. Big advantage there is that that would preserve more of its historic niche. Risk is that it remains too universal given the health, or that we have to hit it so hard in terms of AP/passive strength that it's just mediocre for everyone.

More thoughts to follow, likely around the time 6.22 (tentative Pre-Season patch) hits the PBE. Very much an ongoing discussion for us at the moment, with people arguing for a range of different approaches here.

Do we really need another cdr option?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah I am just really confused. Seeing him in games and it's just like...what is this champion supposed to be? Some of the worst kit synergy. I just don't see reliable uses for Triggerseed when it requires melee range but he gains no other benefit to being in melee range. Because of that unreliable CC he lacks the ability to stay safe, and he is definitely not a tank. Also Daisy is just unusablely bad. CD is crazy and the health pool is unbelievably weak, which becomes especially noticeable since she only has hard scaling on the points you put into the ult. 2k HP at level 15 is "good luck" territory.

jerd

Ivern's Q seems hella bad. Way too slow and narrow a skillshot.

He's basically a shittier launch Bard.

His Q is probably one of the best pick abilities in the game so not surprising that they made it tough to hit. His level 1 stealing enemy buff for free is awesome but his level 2+ jungling is just annoying to the point of not being worth it. Dude is gonna need some tweaks fast

Leezard

Yeah I am just really confused. Seeing him in games and it's just like...what is this champion supposed to be? Some of the worst kit synergy. I just don't see reliable uses for Triggerseed when it requires melee range but he gains no other benefit to being in melee range. Because of that unreliable CC he lacks the ability to stay safe, and he is definitely not a tank. Also Daisy is just unusablely bad. CD is crazy and the health pool is unbelievably weak, which becomes especially noticeable since she only has hard scaling on the points you put into the ult. 2k HP at level 15 is "good luck" territory.

He's just the second utility/support jungler in the game, next to Nunu. Nunu is much better at contesting objectives, but Ivern is supposed to just bring other utility to his team in the form of an extra gap closer and brush generation. Shield/Daisy seems like kinda weak skills though.

It wouldn't surprise me if he after a few small buffs, will be mainly viable when he has Juggernauts in his team. Garen/Darius/Illaoi/Nasus can greatly benefit from the extra gap closer and extra brush.

Then again he might just become overbuffed and dumb with most stuff, but he should reasonably be a good synergy pick with juggernauts.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would say there is a big difference between a utility/tank character and a utility/mage character though. A utility gap closer is also only situationally useful, so when that is the crux of his kit it just does not even seem like a League character to me. If Ivern himself wanted to close distance regularly I would understand more but it's not like he personally benefits from zooming in. The brush generation concept is really cool but it feels sort of wasted with the rest of the kit.

Leezard

For sure. Ivern's kit doesn't really help himself at all and as you say the Q is only situationally good. I don't think he should not be much more than a niche pick once he is balanced due to his situational kit.

drawkcaB

That big blurb about Rylais and not a single mention of just putting a per champ CD for the slow effect (like Naut, Jarvan, Ekko, etc). Very sad.

Ivern's kit actually makes sense, but there's too many things wrong with how he works mechanically.

Daisy is dumb as rocks and has lots of problems of her own. The cost of Ivern's passive is ridiculous and it kills his mid-game, etc. His counter jungling is completely dependent on having Smite up. Being able to do sneaky stuff like snatch a buff camp at level 1 isn't a worthwhile trade off for the weaknesses in his passive. His base stats are god awful. I haven't been able to fin a single melted champion that's comparable. He's more in line with Zilean, Nami, etc. and other ranged supports.

First thing I'd look to do is correct his passive hp/mana costs. And then, the big one, make him ranged all the time, being in brush just gives passive damage. He's a ranged support through and through. Being melee completely fucks his itemization.

The Rylai change is stupid. Let's make it less universal by making it something every midlaner will get if they don't need GW!

AoE abilities have a meager slow. DoTs don't slow at all. Problem solved. CDR is already trivial, we don't need more options.

BXgxZUI.png

I detect no lies and will gladly accept this icon, but do not call me Sparkles. I'd loose my street cred.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Don't play this game anymore but I see Riot has been catering to Zkylon a lot lately lol. Star guardian skins are neat.

zkylon

zkylewd
omfg it's stupid how much better the japanese version of that song is

why even bother making an english version

The Rylai change is stupid. Let's make it less universal by making it something every midlaner will get if they don't need GW!

AoE abilities have a meager slow. DoTs don't slow at all. Problem solved. CDR is already trivial, we don't need more options.
i think u guys are misunderstanding the point of putting cdr in it

the current problem with rylais is that there's never a bad reason to buy it, its stats are way too useful and it synergizes great with any other buy you do

you can do abyssal morellos rylais, or morellos rylais void staff, or whatever

by adding cdr to it they force you to choose between rylais and zhonyas/abyssal/morellos, because if u do morellos+rylais you're already cdr capped

if it also gives mana u might have to choose to skip morellos entirely

i'm not sure it's the bestest of ideas, but gutting the passive which is like the whole point of the item seems like a terrible direction for me

i think forcing u to make tradeoffs by giving up other important items like abyssal or zhonyas is much better

Top Bottom