• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Newt

I'm back in diamond 5!

Again!

Someone kill me.
a470ab5c13507b71230aaca918a24879.png

Nekofrog

Banned
Was going to do my diamond promos last night but got hit with food poisoning. I still feel like utter crap. I just want to get them done with but I'm in no physical condition for it :(

TheFlow

Banned
Quit this game months ago by just gotta say the challengers rewards are amazing. Now that is how you reward hard work and skill.

Badass jacket and medal along with all the other in game rewards.

But damn why is the league community so toxic on all the official news comments from riot. People already begging for jackets for lower divisions. -_- plat and diamond will be fine

Quit this game months ago by just gotta say the challengers rewards are amazing. Now that is how you reward hard work and skill.

Badass jacket and medal along with all the other in game rewards.

But damn why is the league community so toxic on all the official news comments from riot. People already begging for jackets for lower divisions. -_- plat and diamond will be fine

people see something cool and they want it. They should do their best to get to Challenger and earn it :D

jackets for lower divisions would suck, would take away from the prestige of challenger a lot

Calvero

Banned
BTW, I made a ranked team if any of you guys are willing to play. Just msg me in client and I'll invite you.

awww yeah, i'm down. won't be on until later in the evening though

edit: by the way, is gaf running like shit for everyone else?

zkylon

zkylewd
what's weird to me is that this is a complete 180 on three things now (solo q, replays and now sandbox mode), but i'm not sure if this means that riot is finally getting shit done or if they had a general change in philosophy

specially cos sandbox mode and replays being canned was the point of starting rito pls, and now they're about to release with no mention that they were in the works, so idk why they didn't communicate it earlier if they had changed their minds?

i wonder how this affects the tribunal, i hope that's still coming

i like cosplay and i like nicki taylor

that's cool

I'm back in diamond 5!

Again!

Someone kill me.
a470ab5c13507b71230aaca918a24879.png
lol

people see something cool and they want it. They should do their best to get to Challenger and earn it :D

jackets for lower divisions would suck, would take away from the prestige of challenger a lot
i mean i don't think ppl will complain about free jackets

what's weird to me is that this is a complete 180 on three things now (solo q, replays and now sandbox mode), but i'm not sure if this means that riot is finally getting shit done or if they had a general change in philosophy

specially cos sandbox mode and replays being canned was the point of starting rito pls, and now they're about to release with no mention that they were in the works, so idk why they didn't communicate it earlier if they had changed their minds?

i wonder how this affects the tribunal, i hope that's still coming

It's a matter of not showing work till it's done. When you're making a product, sometimes it's better to just drop something when it's done. Riot DOESN'T have to communicate everything. It's folly for something that's work in progress. It gets people bitchy about replays or whatever feature Riot promised in the past.

Besides, Riot isn't one for 'Road maps'. That is, new champions are to be expected, reworks are to be expected, but aside from those, it's not a scheduled road map for new features. And at this point, it's better for Riot to announce something when it's done. And truthfully, alot of this was hindered by the old client-There's only so much they could do with the old client.

As for the Tribunal, I imagine that will always be a burning trashfire. Outsourcing the punishment of players is bad. Really if I had my way, I would implement a no mercy, instant bans against trolls/grievers/verbal abusers.

That would curb that sort of attitude quickly. Even if the abuser has spent hundreds, just instantly wipe their account.

zkylon

zkylewd
but this attitude is really weird also

you create a new dev blog to create better player communication, first course of action is talking about two highly requested features, one delayed, the other full on canceled

stay silent for like a year, which is fine, these features weren't in the map anymore

then randomly announce them like two weeks apart

it's just a weird way of communicating stuff, i know it all relied on new client going well but new client has been in really smooth development through the year and i think they could've talked about it much sooner?

it's very confusing

Quonny

Probably because they don't want to announce anything until it's ready and they're confident.

Riot is a big company with a ton of people. If two projects are nearing completion at the same time from two completely separate teams, then you announce them, push them out, and move on to other projects.

Doesn't seem weird to me.

clemenx

Banned
I don't think they ever said replays weren't coming like they did with sandbox. They were super silent but II think everyone assumed they were being worked on at some capacity ever since replays showed up in PBE a few years ago but they never talked about them again.

With both solo q and sandbox, they pretty much have said in their first sentences of the announcements that they fucked up with their stance on them in the past so I don't see what's so weird about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think contradicting themselves combined with lack of transparency is a pretty bad look

I don't think they ever said replays weren't coming like they did with sandbox. They were super silent but II think everyone assumed they were being worked on at some capacity ever since replays showed up in PBE a few years ago but they never talked about them again.

With both solo q and sandbox, they pretty much have said in their first sentences of the announcements that they fucked up with their stance on them in the past so I don't see what's so weird about it.
first rito pls said replays were coming, eventually, but not in the immediate future

a year later sounds pretty good

but in the same rito pls they said sandbox was never gonna come, and then a year later it does

it just makes you feel like "ok which riot am i gonna get" when they announce something

i think contradicting themselves combined with lack of transparency is a pretty bad look

I think if you were paying attention to most of our communications in recent months you'll see that we had realised we were wrong on replays and sandbox, and said we would do them but couldn't commit to a particular time frame. Now that they're nearing completion, and crucially the updated client is approaching open beta (important since these features are enabled by having a better client) it makes sense for us to now say that we will be releasing features. We've also announced features multiple times before that haven't come out (e.g. original replays and magma chamber) and had to backtrack on them, so it makes sense to commit when we are sure they will release

not sure what's so hard to understand.

Quonny

Yeah, really not getting the confusion or how it's a bad look.

Riot has a history of saying things way too early and then everyone holds it against them (rightfully so). I'm sure they've been working on sandbox for years, but not until very recently has the actual implementation been a realistic goal. Sometimes you have projects and ideas that get to 80% completion only for them to fail in that final 20%.

It's just a weird complaint. You're asking for them to be transparent, but I'm sure you'd be upset if they promised features and didn't deliver. Would you rather they say 6 months ago 'we're working on sandbox!' only to have it fail two months later?

To be fair, we did say we weren't doing it. But we also pivoted on that and said multiple times that we realise the value of it and players want it. We just couldn't commit to a when. We weren't working on it for years, the response to Riot Pls made us change our minds on it and it's been developed over the last 6 months or so I think. It's something we prioritised because people wanted it.

It's not like we were working on it when Riot Pls launched and lied about it. We changed our minds because people wanted the feature.

Quonny

I meant that Riot probably has been working on it for years (years past), not that they've been constantly been trying to implement it. When they said they weren't actively working on it, I believe it.

I'm sure they've taken cracks at it since the game has been in development.

We've also announced features multiple times before that haven't come out (e.g. original replays and magma chamber) and had to backtrack on them, so it makes sense to commit when we are sure they will release

not sure what's so hard to understand.

Yeah zky

just imagine all the dragon master swain concepts that were scrapped in the past

MORELLO *PERSONALLY* TOLD ME THEY WERE DOING DRAGON MASTER SWAIN

THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO

I WILL NEVER FORGET

Is he garbage?

You tell me.

He's a trash writer. Wrote the failures that are battleborn/duke nukem forever. His 'Greatest' character, Tiny Tina, is a grating, walking trope spitter.

His better half is Ashley Burch, his sister,(Not to be confused with his ex wife who is also named Ashley) but she's actually off doing funnier things and being successful.

Newt

Costy, you'll get a kick out of this. Ghost and I randomly invited Xelnath and he joined.

Then he told us he was playing on a touchpad. Then he was wondering where boot enchants went.

Riot Xelnath > Riot Costy

Costy, you'll get a kick out of this. Ghost and I randomly invited Xelnath and he joined.

Then he told us he was playing on a touchpad. Then he was wondering where boot enchants went.

Riot Xelnath > Riot Costy

you know Xelnath hasn't worked for Riot in almost 2 years right?

Oh I actually didn't know that.

yeah he's a game design coach now that travels all around the world. Seems like a cool guy.

He wrote Borderlands 2 and was a major factor in Battleborn and Duke Nukem Forever.

You tell me.

Just to address this. I don't know Anthony and the only one of those three that I've played was Duke Nukem, which was a war crime, but afaik he didn't work on that and left Gearbox long before Battleborn came out

iirc his main projects were Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel

not sure where the hate comes from, I barely played 2 and didn't play The Pre-Sequel, but not cool to trash talk people by spreading false info about them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really know what a writer like that would be brought on for. I guess it helps to have insight into the pipeline for game development. Personally I'd rather see Riot reach somewhere else when it came to tone or background (like outside of video games) on creative input, but maybe that's not realistic.
plz, don't play ivern, especially not as support
I've already paid for a name change to an Ivern pun though.

Top Bottom